Tsunku has resigned as of last year, as H!P Music Producer. Also, he's releasing a book.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: Tsunku has resigned as of last year, as H!P Music Producer. Also, he's releasing a book.

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="191298" data-time="1441856356"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="191296" data-time="1441852748">
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="191292" data-time="1441845528">

She also is one of the few to have so many years of experience actively performing/being a part of H!P. The C-ute girls are catching up now, but Sayu's older so she's got that going for her too. Whoever takes over needs to care for the girls and performance more than just plan money.

I do recall her wanting to do some type of producing, but wanting to take a break first. Idk if they would ever offer her something like that, but you have to think back to what Tsunku was when he started H!P as well.
</blockquote>

You mean a rock star? The main singer and songwriter of a popular pop-rock band?

It's not gonna be Sayu, guys. I could see them offering her some position like Talent Mentor or something, where she kind of takes on that part of Tsunku's role, and maybe has a voice with regards on selecting new talent. She'd honestly probably excel at that.
</blockquote>

Yes, he was a quite successful musician, but technically speaking wasn't MM/H!P his first time producing others/many other people? I imagine what really helped him was his passion for what he did and having a direction he wanted to head in. I guess you're right in that he was already great at creating songs for his own band, and that was probably easier to extend onto others instead of just beginning to produce others when you only perform, not create. I agree it'd be hard to produce others when you have no idea how anything you took part in was produced.</blockquote>

That and Sayumi wouldn't bring the prestige and recognition that Tsunku does. I know people like to lament that she was the last known member they had but even she wasn't that famous by the end of her tenure. There's no point in having a figurehead producer if no one knows them.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
phancy
Kenshuusei

Re: Tsunku has resigned as of last year, as H!P Music Producer. Also, he's releasing a book.

Post by phancy »

According to dictionary and my basic as hell japanese he'll still be MM's sound producer?
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I just want to verify what phancy said to be correct. He will still be MM's sound producer.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

My world hasn't ended. Completely.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I figured this might be the case, since he has written most of their songs since "graduating" H!P. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Interview/Documentary with Tsunku. 

We also finally get to meet his wife and she talks a bit as well. A must watch. 

It's very emotional. TvT
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Henkka (of Wota in Translation among other things) has started translating the book. Here's the prologue.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Interview/Documentary with Tsunku. 

It's very emotional. TvT
[/quote]
I have to admit, I chuckled a bit when I realized they were doing the interview through Line.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="191334" data-time="1442156980">Interview/Documentary with Tsunku. 

It's very emotional. TvT</blockquote>
A bit too much forced tear-jerking for my taste, and because his responses were written instead of spoken I couldn't understand a thing. :wut:

You gotta give him points for taking it all with a poker face though. And they seem like a nice family. They blurred his kids' faces out, but perhaps someone could watch it closely and cross-check to confirm if his daughter is Hotzmic or not?

Anyway, thanks for the link Q. Hoping for a subbed version in the future.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="aine"]You gotta give him points for taking it all with a poker face though. And they seem like a nice family. They blurred his kids' faces out, but perhaps someone could watch it closely and cross-check to confirm if his daughter is Hotzmic or not?

[/quote]

That much has been confirmed. I was going to give a Yahoo! News link, but it seems to be dead now. He was going to use her for the temporary vocal track like he used to, but she did a good enough job and they ran with it.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JoshuaJSlone" data-cid="191351" data-time="1442227800">That much has been confirmed. I was going to give a Yahoo! News link, but it seems to be dead now. He was going to use her for the temporary vocal track like he used to, but she did a good enough job and they ran with it.</blockquote>
Oh, has it? Last time I paid attention to it it was still pretty solid, but speculation nonetheless. That's pretty cool if it's true though, I hope we'll get to see more of her in the future.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
eri
ANGERME

Post by eri »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="191334" data-time="1442156980"><a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x36o7r ... ocumentary with Tsunku. </a>

It's very emotional. TvT</blockquote>

This made me cry ugly and hard. Those sweet children made it all the more sad.
maryshiin
Kenshuusei

Post by maryshiin »

how I wish i could understand this interview! I hope someone will sub or at least translate this
his wife is pretty

It's nice to see that someone is courageous enough to actually translate the book ! I read the prologue and it really made me want to read the rest of it
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

Godspeed, gruntmaster.
I am sure he will find new ways to make people happy, even if it's just his family.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

I hope this gets translated soon. I know what they were talking about but I would have liked to have know exactly what was being said.