Tsunku has resigned as of last year, as H!P Music Producer. Also, he's releasing a book.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Tsunku has resigned as of last year, as H!P Music Producer. Also, he's releasing a book.

Post by Shoujo Q »

Tsunku will be releasing is memoir's, Dakara, Ikiru." (だから、生きる。) on 9/10. Book -> http://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4103395915

Dirty 910 translation of the following, Source

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

Tsunku♂ confessed He already resigned H!P producer.
<div> </div>
<div>On September eight, it is unveiled Tsunku already graduated from the H!P producer.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>He confessed it on his book "Dakara Ikiru (That's why I will live)"</div>
<div>According to Staff, he graduated from H!P producer after MM. concert in NY. last year October.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>He wrote the reason and his conflict to remove his vocal cord in the book.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The Father, who announced he removed his vocal cord, left from his daughters: Morning Musume. etc..</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tsunku confesses when he start thinking of it in his book "dakara Ikiru"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>In 2013 autumn, his cancer wasn't found yet, but the CEO of Upfront suggested it.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>As a general producer, He had made songs and Music Video. Directions of concerts and etc..</div>
<div> </div>
<div>But CEO was worried about his voice and health and suggested to take a rest for a while.</div>
<div>Tsunku thought "Kidding, I'll work as the general producer more. I have a lot of idea for H!P future!"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>But laryngeal cancer was found in last year February.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>According to a staff, </div>
<div>Tsunku spent his half of his music life for Morning Musume.</div>
<div>MM in NY was a big event for him.</div>
<div>After the concert, he removed the vocal chord.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>While he decrease his job because of the disease, he decided that he would resign the general producer.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>But he worked for MM songs as a song writer and concerned with the sound produce too.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Now, he makes songs for elderly singers, such as, Kumiko(60) Noguchi Goro(59)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>As he resigned the general producer of H!P, he has much time to share with his family supporting him.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tsunku says "Now, I can see the sign of new world I haven't seen ever. It has a positive effect for my song"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>He is glad to get a new point of view.</div>
<div>He will seek his truth with the joy from now on.</div>
</blockquote>

Last edited by Shoujo Q on Tue Sep 08, 2015 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Tsunku has resigned as of last year, as H!P Music Producer. Also, he's releasing a book.

Post by momoirosaya »

I never thought I'd see the day... :(
rikako♡eripon♡airi
honey
Juice=Juice

Re: Tsunku has resigned as of last year, as H!P Music Producer. Also, he's releasing a book.

Post by honey »

you know, most times I shit post here but this is truly disheartening and I'm very sad to see this era for H!P officially have come to an end, although I knew it would inevitably. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

There's a really good interview where he mentions he's thought several times about other things he'd like to do, so I always knew it would happen, although it never felt like it would be soon. I think the cancer diagnosis made him realize everything else he still wanted to do and I respect his decision. I don't blame him one bit for feeling like it was maybe time for something new.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I just love Tsunku and I'm happy he's surrounded by love. I 100% respect his decision to put his family first. As a fan, I am sad, but at the time same, I am proud of the work he has created in H!P, and of what a great person in general he is.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Well, shit. I guess it was inevitable, but it doesn't make it any less of a shock in the moment. Cancer aside, pop music is a young man's game, and he's been at it for a long time. I have to admit that two of the three songs that Tsunku didn't write were among my favorite of the nine songs released on the last three singles. The only thing that worries me is the musical direction of the groups. If they go with generic cutsie Jpop, that will be the thing that drives me away. Who they announce as Tsunku's replacement (how'd you like to have the weight of carrying on that legacy?) will be telling. I wonder if Takui will be offered a larger role in the company?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think they will announce a replacement. They'll just use a variety of producers. Takui still seems very involved in his own music career and to produce regularly for H!P he'd have to give that up most likely.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

This was a sad yet not surprising announcement, I wonder what other projects he'll pursue?

I've been kind of down about this ever since I read the news. He's contributed so many things I love to H!P.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think he'll continue with music. He actually wrote kis-my-ft2's upcoming single that releases the same week as Angerme's.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Damn :(

Gonna have to find that book...
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

[quote="Anderei"]
I think he'll continue with music. He actually wrote kis-my-ft2's upcoming single that releases the same week as Angerme's.
[/quote]

Yeah, I know! I was actually really excited when I read that because I happen to like kisumai. I guess maybe he'll start contributing to other artists, like he did that one Alfia Saga East song way back when and I think some other one I can't remember off the top of my head.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]
Well, shit. I guess it was inevitable, but it doesn't make it any less of a shock in the moment. Cancer aside, pop music is a young man's game, and he's been at it for a long time. I have to admit that two of the three songs that Tsunku didn't write were among my favorite of the nine songs released on the last three singles. The only thing that worries me is the musical direction of the groups. If they go with generic cutsie Jpop, that will be the thing that drives me away. Who they announce as Tsunku's replacement (how'd you like to have the weight of carrying on that legacy?) will be telling. I wonder if Takui will be offered a larger role in the company?
[/quote]

Takui seems like he'd be the most capable and well-received person to take over as a general producer. Honestly, I hope that's how this ends up going, I really really like him.

I'm glad Tsunku's able to get some much needed rest. With more groups than ever giving us more songs than ever (double and triple-a sides), it seems like it'd be really stressful for a single person, who's sick, to be in charge of a lot of that. It's sad, too, because it feels like when jobs are specialized within H!P, things start to become disconnected... You have people who know a certain part of H!P, or at least have that part ran the way they want, but don't see H!P as a whole. Idk, I'm glad Tsunku is getting the rest he needs but I feel like there should be a single person generally in charge of production for H!P.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This is pretty much the end of an era. I've been expecting something like this to happen for a while now after he got diagnosed with cancer, but having it actually be announced is still a bit of a blow. I respect his decision though, and I hope he's happy with it.
Formerly Mizura
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Well then. Now we know why no one has seen Sayu since her graduation, yet the girls occasionally mention bumping into her at the office. Sayu-P 4 life!
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Ugh. It was already mostly clear since his name stopped appearing on the covers, he stopped doing non-Morning Musume songs, but started doing more songs for outside acts... but still disheartening to see it's not a temporary thing.
[quote="Anderei"]
I don't think they will announce a replacement. They'll just use a variety of producers. Takui still seems very involved in his own music career and to produce regularly for H!P he'd have to give that up most likely.
[/quote]

The thing about this and that I've been wondering throughout this year is: without some unifying force like Tsunku, what sets Hello! Project apart from non-Hello! Project acts at UP-FRONT anymore?

And more personally, as someone who got into H!P due to Tsunku's music, is it just inertia that will keep me more interested in them versus any other random acts?

EDIT: Still, this is way less disheartening than the cancer and vocal cord stuff.
Last edited by JoshuaJSlone on Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

More importantly, can be blame Tsunku for Tsunku graduating? Who can we blame for all bad decisions from now on? :rimshot:

Ah damn, it will always be Tsunku in my mind anyway.

I hope he's happy catching up with all the things he missed out during his busy years. And someone indeed has large shoes to fill. But then it's been almost a full Tsunku-less year and we hardly noticed - so maybe the combined imaginations of substitute producers are making up for that well enough.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]
The thing about this and that I've been wondering throughout this year is: without some unifying force like Tsunku, what sets Hello! Project apart from non-Hello! Project acts at UP-FRONT anymore?

And more personally, as someone who got into H!P due to Tsunku's music, is it just inertia that will keep me more interested in them versus any other random acts?

EDIT: Still, this is way less disheartening than the cancer and vocal cord stuff.
[/quote]

I'm at the same place. Here's the thing: someone is going to be the unifying force for the H!P groups, whether it be an explicit replacement or just the UF suits making the call on their own. If they don't announce an actual replacement for Tsunku, that's when it'll be time to worry.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

It's Maro's time to shine.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

12th gen really doesn't feel like Tsunku had a hand in picking them at all... I hope MM doesn't lose its uniqueness and the company just starts to add cute but mediocre girls :/
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Myst"]
:ph34r: ...Sayu?
[/quote]

Yes please.

Anyway, I said this on facebook yesterday, but I am glad he is taking care of himself, but it is still super sad.  Actually somehow it is just hitting me now even though I have been thinking about it since last night.  I am suddenly tearing up while typing this.  Good luck in everything you do, Terada-san <3
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Saya"]
12th gen really doesn't feel like Tsunku had a hand in picking them at all... I hope MM doesn't lose its uniqueness and the company just starts to add cute but mediocre girls :/
[/quote]

Agreed.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Saya"]
[/quote]

Literally when I saw this I thought "Well that explains 12th gen..."
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

12th gen: The two older girls are growing on me, while the 2 younger girls don't feeling like Morning Girls to me, even though they're cuter. I guess the older girls have more personality because they are more experiences, skills, hobbies.
Last edited by smtmissin on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

star
ANGERME

Post by star »

[quote="yuzu"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="191260" data-time="1441779892">
<div>
[/quote]

Yes please.

</div>
</blockquote>
Keep the H!P spirit alive and bring in Sayu! Nothing like an ex-member for a producer. She has said that she wanted to get involved in some kind of production work though, right?

I don't know how to feel about Tsunku not being the producer anymore. Morning Musume was his invention and it grew up under him. To me, Tsunku is just as much a part of H!P as the girls are, and I don't know how it will turn out in the future without him.
Last edited by star on Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Star"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="191269" data-time="1441810333">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="191260" data-time="1441779892">
<div>
[/quote]

Yes please.

</div>
</blockquote>
Keep the H!P spirit alive and bring in Sayu! Nothing like an ex-member for a producer. She has said that she wanted to get involved in some kind of production work though, right?

I don't know how to feel about Tsunku not being the producer anymore. Morning Musume was his invention and it grew up under him. To me, Tsunku is just as much a part of H!P as the girls are, and I don't know how it will turn out in the future without him.

</div>
</blockquote>

She also is one of the few to have so many years of experience actively performing/being a part of H!P. The C-ute girls are catching up now, but Sayu's older so she's got that going for her too. Whoever takes over needs to care for the girls and performance more than just plan money.

I do recall her wanting to do some type of producing, but wanting to take a break first. Idk if they would ever offer her something like that, but you have to think back to what Tsunku was when he started H!P as well.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I'm a bit sad about this. I thought he was coming back after MM's recent single. I'm not worried though. The Tsunku-less songs so far have been good and as long as management keeps that up things will be good.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
She also is one of the few to have so many years of experience actively performing/being a part of H!P. The C-ute girls are catching up now, but Sayu's older so she's got that going for her too. Whoever takes over needs to care for the girls and performance more than just plan money.

I do recall her wanting to do some type of producing, but wanting to take a break first. Idk if they would ever offer her something like that, but you have to think back to what Tsunku was when he started H!P as well.

[/quote]

You mean a rock star? The main singer and songwriter of a popular  pop-rock band? 

It's not gonna be Sayu, guys. I could see them offering her some position like Talent Mentor or something, where she kind of takes on that part of Tsunku's role, and maybe has a voice with regards on selecting new talent. She'd honestly probably excel at that. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="191292" data-time="1441845528">
<div>

[/quote]

You mean a rock star? The main singer and songwriter of a popular  pop-rock band? 

It's not gonna be Sayu, guys. I could see them offering her some position like Talent Mentor or something, where she kind of takes on that part of Tsunku's role, and maybe has a voice with regards on selecting new talent. She'd honestly probably excel at that. 

</div>
</blockquote>

Yes, he was a quite successful musician, but technically speaking wasn't MM/H!P his first time producing others/many other people? I imagine what really helped him was his passion for what he did and having a direction he wanted to head in. I guess you're right in that he was already great at creating songs for his own band, and that was probably easier to extend onto others instead of just beginning to produce others when you only perform, not create. I agree it'd be hard to produce others when you have no idea how anything you took part in was produced.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Sep 09, 2015 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="191296" data-time="1441852748">It's not gonna be Sayu, guys. I could see them offering her some position like Talent Mentor or something, where she kind of takes on that part of Tsunku's role, and maybe has a voice with regards on selecting new talent. She'd honestly probably excel at that.</blockquote>
We all know she would just pick more Rihos for her to fondle into proper idols. I'm ok with that.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~