3.Tsugi no Kado wo Magare(℃-ute)

4.Yuugure wa Ameagari(モーニング娘。’15)

5.Sukatto My Heart(モーニング娘。’15)

6.Taikibansei(アンジュルム)

7.Gashinshoutan(アンジュルム)

8.Wonderful World(Juice=Juice)

9.CHOICE&CHANCE(Juice=Juice)

10.Koi Dorobo(カントリー・ガールズ)

11.Wakatte Iru no ni Gomen ne (カントリー・ガールズ)

12.Nen ni wa Nen(こぶしファクトリー)

13.Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan(こぶしファクトリー)

14.Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai ~Last Concert @ Nippon Budokan Live Sound~(Berryz工房)
Elpis
ANGERME

Re: [2015.12.16] Petit Best 16

Post by Elpis »

That's a pretty good tracklist. I'm disappointed Otome no gyakushuu, Nana Korobi and itooshikutte Gomen ne aren't included though.
Formerly Mizura
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Yeah, odd choices from Momusu (IMO), C-ute is slightly disappointing because they're both from the same single,

Otherwise, I have to say that it's odd we're getting the indies cut of Nen ni wa Nen, and I would rather have the final Love together! peformance from that tour rather than another Anata Nashi.

^
I'm sure Itooshikutte is being avoided at all costs due to how lacking CG has been performing that song from Uta's leaving.
phancy
Kenshuusei

Post by phancy »

Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Would releasing an album of more than 14 songs hurt UFA ? I mean, apart from Itooshikutte, there's no real reason of not including the 10 songs that aren't included (12, if we count the upcoming C-ute single and 14 or 15 with the Angerme one).

Maybe it would become really worth for fans to buy this album instead of buying singles and they (management) don't want that ?
Last edited by Meikochi on Sun Sep 27, 2015 3:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

CD Cover

Tracklist for Petit Best 16 (official) <a class="" href="http://helloproject.com/release/detail/ ... E-7163/</a>

1. Love together!

2. Anata Nashi de wa Ikite Yukenai (Berryz Kobo Last Concert 2015 Berryz Kobo Ikube~! Ver.)

3. GamushaLIFE

4. Tsugi no Kado wo Magare

5. Yuugure wa Ameagari

6. Sukatto My Heart

7. Taikibansei

8. Gashinshoutan

9. Wonderful World

10. CHOICE&CHANCE

11. Koi Dorobo

12. Wakatteiru no ni Gomen ne

13. Nen ni wa Nen

14. Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan

15. Survivor

16. Triangle Alpha

17. Thank You Very Berry (Tsubaki Factory)

BLU-RAY Cover

Blu-ray Tracklist

1. Love together!

2. GamushaLIFE

3. Tsugi no Kado wo Magare

4. Yuugure wa Ameagari

5. Sukatto My Heart

6. Taikibansei (New edit Ver.)

7. Gashinshoutan

8.. Wonderful World

9. . CHOICE&CHANCE

10. Tsuzuiteiku STORY

11. Koi Dorobo

12. Wakatteiru no ni Gomen ne

13. Nen ni wa Nen (LIVE MUSIC VIDEO)

14. Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan

--Bonus--

1. Love together! (Dance Shot Ver.)

2. The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ (Close-up Ver.)

3. Ima Sugu Tobikomu Yuuki (Close-up Ver.)

4. Mahoutsukai Sally (Dance Shot Ver.)

5. CHOICE&CHANCE (Close-up Ver.)

6. Tsuzuiteiku STORY (Close-up Ver.)

7. Tamerai Summertime (Close-up Ver.)

8. Ramen Daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta (Dance Shot Ver.)
Last edited by Solarblade on Tue Nov 24, 2015 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I received my Blu-ray of Petit Best 16 and watched it. I loved it. One of the best collections in years. It’s got 22 tracks total and the PVs all come from the seven main groups, no special units at all.

But I had questions.

1) Who are the back-up dancers in the C-ute PV, “Tsugi no Kado wo Magare”?

2) Where’s Kanon Suzuki in the MM video, “Yuugure wa Ameagari”? She’s missing from it.

3) Why only five girls in the 2nd Country Girls PV (Wakatte Iru no ni Gomen ne) when there are six girls in the first Country Girls PV?

4) “Magnolia Factory” is cited in the title for the Kobushi Factory PV (Dosukoi! Kenkyo ni Daitan). What is Magnolia Factory?

5) Why does the Blu-ray include the Closeup Version of “Tsuzuiteiku Story” (Juice=Juice) as an extra when the main video, also on the Blu-ray, is already 95% closeups? Talk about redundant. I would have preferred a dance shot version of one of the other videos.

6) I also wondered about Angerme's "Mahoutsukai Sally," which is an updated version of an anime theme song from 1966 (the first "magical girl" anime series). Is there a new version of the series coming out? If not (and I can't find anything suggesting that on Anime News Network), then why'd they pick this song? It's a great choice, I'm just curious about the significance of it.

Thanks.

Last edited by Madara on Fri Jan 22, 2016 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

1. Yamagishi Riko, Ichioka Reina, Kaga Kaede and Horie Kizuki. Riko is now in Tsubaki Factory.

2. She was sick during filming. They had Juice=Juice's Karin stand in and it created a huge kerfluffle with fans.

3. Shimamura Uta left the group between the two singles.

4. That's the English translation of Kobushi Factory

5. Beats me. Fanbase are suckers?

6. For a contest. More info here: http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Side:Mahou_Tsukai_Sally
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]
1. Yamagishi Riko, Ichioka Reina, Kaga Kaede and Horie Kizuki. Riko is now in Tsubaki Factory.

2. She was sick during filming. They had Juice=Juice's Karin stand in and it created a huge kerfluffle with fans.

3. Shimamura Uta left the group between the two singles.

4. That's the English translation of Kobushi Factory

5. Beats me. Fanbase are suckers?

6. For a contest. More info here: http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Side:Mahou_Tsukai_Sally
[/quote]

Thank you so much. I'm curious about Answer #2, though. Since Karin's not in the PV at all, how did fan reaction manifest itself? Did they shoot it with Karin and then go back and reshoot it without her? Did they announce it and then change their minds before shooting? How did they know that fans wouldn't like it? Thanks.
Last edited by Madara on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I don't recall how the Japanese fans took it, but the foreign fanbase rioted. They shot it with Karin, and there was a solo version of Kanon, but they didn't use it, redo it, or anything. So some people speculated that they used karin instead of her on purpose, to punish her for injuring herself. (Which she apparently did on her own time)
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Jan 22, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Madara"]

Thank you so much. I'm curious about Answer #2, though. Since Karin's not in the PV at all, how did fan reaction manifest itself? Did they shoot it with Karin and then go back and reshoot it without her? Did they announce it and then change their minds before shooting? How did they know that fans wouldn't like it? Thanks.

[/quote]

The PV that was released on MM'15's Youtube page included Karin (in close-ups as well). They actually had her mouth Kanon's parts... so when Kanon's voice was singing, we saw Karin mouthing it. She actually got more solo shots/camera time than many of the other members. Here's my post on the time each member gets in the PV uploaded to Youtube:

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Guys, let's just say I have too much free time, okay? 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">For Yuugure wa Ameagari~

Karin screen time: 16.5 sec, 11 close-ups, which is 6.5% of the total PV.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Erina screen time: 2.5 sec, 2 close-ups, which is 1% of the total PV.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Masaki screen time: 19 sec, 4 close-ups, which is 8% of the total PV.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Mizuki screen time: 22.5 sec, 7 close-ups, which is 8.5% of the total PV.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Haruka screen time: 10 seconds, 3 close-ups, which is 3.9% of the total PV.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Riho screen time: 17 sec, 7 close-ups which is 7% of the total PV.
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> 
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">I counted "screen time" as any time the camera either solely focused on them (close-ups) or purposely meant to focus them and maybe 1-2 other members at the same time (group shots, dance shot w/ obvious focus.) I did it for a few more members, but the ones above already accounts for 35% of the PV. Karin got almost as much time as Riho, more close-ups than *anyone* else, and 14 seconds more than Erina.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

They also used Karin specifically because Ayumi stood in for Karin in a J=J video.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Your responses made me go back and check the video again. I was wrong. Karin IS in it. I didn't recognize her. I thought she was Haruka. I kept asking myself during those closeups why Haruka looked so different in those shots. Well, d'uuuuhhhh, it's NOT Haruka, it's Karin! :facepalm:  I never would have guessed because I never would have expected to see Karin in an MM video.

Thank you all for making me double check.  

I should point out though that in the shot at the beginning showing the entire lineup, there are only 12 members, meaning that neither Kanon nor Karin were in that shot.

Last edited by Madara on Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Myst"]
They also used Karin specifically because Ayumi stood in for Karin in a J=J video.
[/quote]

Just to mention that Ayumi was used for dancing and Karin was there for her solo shots

But then, Ayumi didn't get a single solo shot for Yuugure...
Image Hey
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So I watched the Blu-ray again AND listened to the CD, yielding more questions:

1) Is this PV collection the first Petit Best to have two new groups on it (not counting special units)? Or the first in, like, 15 years? (The new groups being, of course, Country Girls and Kobushi Factory.)

2) Is this Petit Best CD the first to have three new groups on it (not counting special units)? Or the first in, like, 15 years? (The new groups being, of course, Country Girls, Kobushi Factory and Tsubaki Factory.)

3) Which begs the question: why is Tsubaki Factory on the CD but not on the Blu-ray?

4) The Blu-ray includes a live performance of “Nen ni wa Nen” by Kobushi Factory. What concert is it taken from?

5) The CD has three tracks not on the Blu-ray. One of them is this one:

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.generasia.com/w/index.php?ti ... &redlink=1' title="Triangle Alpha (page does not exist)">[font='times new roman', serif]Triangle Alpha[/font]</a>(トライアングル アルファ) - (Alpha Hoshi no Min)

Who sings this? What's it from? And what does "Alpha Hoshi no Min" signify?

Thanks.

Last edited by Madara on Sun Jan 24, 2016 6:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I can answer the Triangle Alpha question!

It's from Morning Musume.'s stageplay (featuring some other Kenshuusei and the newly added Engeki Joshibu girls, along with Maasa from Berryz), TRIANGLE. It's the "theme" song, you could say.

"Alpha Hoshi no Min" (which should really be "Alphasei no Min") just means "The Citizens of Planet Alpha", since the entire cast sings the song.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sun Jan 24, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I can answer your third question : Tsubaki Factory are still indies thus didn't have any MV. Without any MV, they can't be on the Blu-Ray.
Campy <3 !
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="194584" data-time="1453646744">
2) Is this Petit Best CD the first to have three new groups on it (not counting special units)? Or the first in, like, 15 years? (The new groups being, of course, Country Girls, Kobushi Factory and Tsubaki Factory.)
</blockquote>

The last time I can think of that that many units were formed is 2004: W, v-u-den, and Berryz Koubou. So I guess it would be the first since Petit Best 5?

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="194584" data-time="1453646744">
4) The Blu-ray includes a live performance of “Nen ni wa Nen” by Kobushi Factory. What concert is it taken from?
</blockquote>

Pretty confident it's from the winter H!P tour.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thank you all for your responses. I'm going to do a review of this for my Madara Blog. It's easily one of the best PB collections in years, to me at least. And one of my previous favorites was Petit Best 5, the last time so many new groups were featured. (Good call, WonderBuono! :thumbsup: )
Last edited by Madara on Sun Jan 24, 2016 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Anderei"]
2) Where’s Kanon Suzuki in the MM video, “Yuugure wa Ameagari”? She’s missing from it.

[/quote]

Has there ever been a prior case where a girl from one group substituted for a girl in another group like this?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="194687" data-time="1453849973"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="194532" data-time="1453484133">

</blockquote>

Has there ever been a prior case where a girl from one group substituted for a girl in another group like this?</blockquote>

Yeah, Ayumi for Karin in a Juice=Juice single but she didn't have closeup shots. Karin had close ups and got more screen time than most of the members.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

My Petit Best 16 review is up on my blog:
http://madara-blog.livejournal.com/95653.html

Some highlights:

And Karin as the Haruka lookalike in the MM video:

I mean, c'mon, there IS a resemblance, right?
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I always enjoy your blogs Madara ! It also very interesting to have your "feedback" on the year through Petit Bests : you don't follow very closely everything so your opinion is usually quite different from of our "point-blank" opinions.

Let me just add a few things :

"Grandmother" is "obaasan" ("obasan" is "aunt").

And after seeing your screenshots, I'm sure Nen ni wa nen's live is from Berryz Matsuri (at Ariake Colloseum).

And a few things you may not know if you haven't followed the threads here :

Love Together's dance shot is particularly interesting because a lot of the dance moves are actually taken from past singles.

In GamushaLife, you can spot former C-ute members' initials on the background wall (K.A , M.M and U.E).

Regular version of "Ramen daisuki Koizumi-san no Uta" is actually including shots from the girls "cooking" and eating ramen. This song is also a cover of an old Sharan Q song.

If you want to know precisely who left Country Girls, Shimamura Uta is the one in the middle, first row, on the screenshot of the epilogue for "Koi Dorobou".

Also, it's funny you noted how Juice=Juice were heavily featured in this Petit Best : they didn't release anything after July, so for most of the overseas fans (including me), this year have been kind of full of all groups but Juice=Juice.

Finally, if you ever want to have a glimpse at the lyrics, UFA's videos on YouTube are all subtitled ; it's not high quality subtitles but it can still give you an idea of what they're singing, while listening to the songs. Otherwise, projecthello has done better translations for some of their songs.
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Jan 27, 2016 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Meikochi"]
And after seeing your screenshots, I'm sure Nen ni wa nen's live is from Berryz Matsuri (at Ariake Colloseum).
[/quote]

Yikes, my mistake for giving misinformation! I completely forgot about Berryz Koubou Matsuri.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Also Madara, last thing : there are 6 Momusu singles songs, 2 C-ute singles songs, 5 Angerme singles songs, 1 Juice=Juice single song, 1 Country Girls single song (and both Tsubaki's indies singles) which were released this year (4 of them after the Petit Best's release) that aren't included at all in this Petit Best. Some of them are really worth listening so I'd strongly advise you to give them a shot (I'll list them if you ever need).
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks Meikochi! I went back and made the corrections.

P.S. Somebody on Facebook took issue with my description of "Love Together" but didn't tell me what they found wrong with it. Here it is:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

[font=Times New Roman, serif;font-size:12pt]Berryz Kobo’s “Love Together” is apparently not a single, but a special PV put together just for this compilation. [/font]
</blockquote>

Is that accurate?

Thanks.

Last edited by Madara on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Madara"]
Thanks Meikochi! I went back and made the corrections.

P.S. Somebody on Facebook took issue with my description of "Love Together" but didn't tell me what they found wrong with it. Here it is:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">

[font=Times New Roman, serif;font-size:12pt]Berryz Kobo’s “Love Together” is apparently not a single, but a special PV put together just for this compilation. [/font]
</blockquote>

Is that accurate?

Thanks.
[/quote]

Not exactly. You're right that it's not a single, but it was originally a song on Berryz Koubou's own compilation album, Kanjuku Berryz Koubou The Final Completion BoxThe PV was made for that album.
Last edited by WonderBuono on Thu Jan 28, 2016 12:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Got it. Thanks.