Hellopro Youtube videos blocked to US viewers

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

star
ANGERME

Hellopro Youtube videos blocked to US viewers

Post by star »

If you live in the US, any video on YouTube containing UP-Front content has been blocked from being viewed in the US. It goes for the official accounts and most of the unofficial stuff and dubs. If registers as UF-Front content then you cant see it.

I am really curious as to what is going on. If this is permanent and not just some glitch then I am going to be super pissed.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Hellopro Youtube videos blocked to US viewers

Post by JPope »

It seems they have also blocked my Japan-based proxy.

Brilliant move, UF. Remove your content from the provider most likely to create new fans.

Also, it should be noted that this will stop exactly zero people from seeing their content who really want to see it, it will just make it more difficult for them to do so. And piss them off. Always good to piss off potential customers.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

It's a majority of other Japanese videos too, not just Up-Front. It might be due to YouTube itself, possibly that YouTube Red deal where if companies don't sign the deal, you won't be able to see their videos.
Last edited by mrsross on Fri Oct 23, 2015 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Well huh. Doesn't that seem kind of counter to their move of hardsubbing English onto the videos?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="iDOL1641"]
It's a majority of other Japanese videos too, not just Up-Front. It might be due to YouTube itself, possibly that YouTube Red deal where if companies don't sign the deal, you won't be able to see their videos.
[/quote]

That makes more sense than UF pulling them.

Whatever, I found a working proxy. I'll always find a working proxy. Fuck YT or whoever is responsible for this.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Oct 23, 2015 8:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

We didn't send spies into Japan as ALTs for nothing!
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Star"]
If you live in the US, any video on YouTube containing UP-Front content has been blocked from being viewed in the US. It goes for the official accounts and most of the unofficial stuff and dubs. If registers as UF-Front content then you cant see it.

I am really curious as to what is going on. If this is permanent and not just some glitch then I am going to be super pissed.
[/quote]

Uggghhh bad timing, I was just about to start working on some lyrics...
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This is depressing. Now I can't watch Kikkawa You or Nakajima Takui videos anymore. Even the old videos of Little Glee Monster don't work anymore. If it is YouTube Red, this is screwing more people over than helping.
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

So for some reason I decided to see if any videos "escaped" and even MIYOSHI CHINATSU'S videos are blocked! Wtffffff

The only one I've found that made it is this, lol: https://youtu.be/GVhh9BDOkuI

(I'm really just interested in this right now because just the fact that they can instantly block everything, official or not, is fascinating to me, haha... and it's so accurate!)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

They blocked Alice Project :( That one is horrible. The songs aren't available on Dailymotion or Jpopsuki. And they don't really have any CDs except for venue exclusive stuff. 

Stardust digital is blocked as well (so all early Momokuro; the official channel isn't blocked though). The 48G (and 46) are blocked. LGM's vevo channel isn't blocked luckily. I've found some indies groups that aren't blocked, Babymetal is also safe for now along with Avex.
Formerly Mizura
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

(off topic of idols) but ESPN is also all gone as well...what is seriously going on...is the Youtube Red tape that hardcore (if it is, then it's going to explode back on their faces REAL quickly)
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Hello Station isn't blocked, so that might be our only window to watch H!P stuff....
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Not sure why it also affected your Japan based proxy JPope, it seems to be an "US only" thing.

What's that YouTube Red thing ?
Campy <3 !
phancy
Kenshuusei

Post by phancy »

[quote="Meikochi"]
[/quote]

http://www.techtimes.com/articles/98848/20151023/youtube-red-faces-backlash-from-youtube-community-for-forcing-creators-to-sign-subscription-deal.htm

I hope it never expands outside of US, I don't want to use proxy/VPN just to watch a goddamn youtube video...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Solarblade"]
(off topic of idols) but ESPN is also all gone as well...what is seriously going on...is the Youtube Red tape that hardcore (if it is, then it's going to explode back on their faces REAL quickly)
[/quote]

So this is definitely due to the Red Deal:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/23/youtube-red-creators/

I think Youtube is playing with fire here. A smart, established content provider would partner with ESPN and any other major media outlets affected by this thing and work to become a serious competitor to YT. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Not sure why it also affected your Japan based proxy JPope, it seems to be an "US only" thing.

[/quote]

I use a VPN, so I'm assuming that YT has blocked that IP, knowing that it's a popular proxy used by Americans.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I know a channel with lots of clips from Hello! Morning, including whole eps., that isn't affected.

I'm not putting the link here on the off chance that someone from UpFront might be reading this.

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

^ you mean youtube right? i dont think its up-fronts fault at all to be quite honest if other companies are being affected too
phancy
Kenshuusei

Post by phancy »

It's definitely Youtube's fault and not UFs since it only affects US and Red is a US only service.
Last edited by phancy on Sat Oct 24, 2015 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="phancy"]
http://www.techtimes.com/articles/98848/20151023/youtube-red-faces-backlash-from-youtube-community-for-forcing-creators-to-sign-subscription-deal.htm

I hope it never expands outside of US, I don't want to use proxy/VPN just to watch a goddamn youtube video...
[/quote]

Me either, thanks for the link phancy !

[quote="JPope"]
http://techcrunch.com/2015/10/23/youtube-red-creators/
[/quote]

Interesting article, thank you Jpope for linking it.
Campy <3 !
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm way behind on this one because this is my first time hearing about YouTube Red at all. I'm not entirely sure what's going on, but it'd be nice to at least give these companies the option to keep what they had before Red. This is Facebook updating all over with the false-choice-forced-compliance shit that's popular today with top sites. I don't understand why there's always just one option for things now when there COULD be nearly limitless options to customize our own experience.

Whatever, the companies holding back will sign the deal eventually because there's no other choice, so nothing new to be seen here.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="showraniy"]
Whatever, the companies holding back will sign the deal eventually because there's no other choice, so nothing new to be seen here.
[/quote]

Or they'll choose to go to DailyMotion for example and totally abandon YouTube.

Campy <3 !
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="192255" data-time="1445691559">there's no other choice</blockquote>
Take a deep breath and say it with me:

Dohhh UP!

[tinytext]please let it all end[/tinytext]

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Is Dohhh Up still around? I thought it was dead. /also bad at sarcasm if that's what's going on. I legit suck at humor. :cryalot:

They can migrate all the content to another site, but I believe YouTube gets a lot more traffic than any of the others, so they'd be sacrificing profits. Maybe. I use an ad blocker, and there may be enough of us that YouTube isn't all that profitable once we're factored in. I'm part of the problem, whee~
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

:umad: The TNX channel is still active in the USofAss.

I've been using a proxy to watch Doctor Who, might as well extend it to watch Youtube videos now.  :kanonechi:
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Sat Oct 24, 2015 8:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

If this is what I'm going to have to deal with now, is there any proxy that works with Google Chrome? I never got Holaunblocker to actually work.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

How does this make any sense..... Youtube Red is a bunch of bullshit. The big problem (Besides the fact I CAN'T WATCH VIDEOS I LOVE?) is that this is just the beginning. We in the US will see many more videos be taken down for us. It will expand (as we've seen with ESPN and other things.) It's limiting our ability to interact in an internet community that's global. It may limit us to the news we can get, documentaries, music, etc. 

The general population is so going to be in the dark if a new site doesn't come up soon, dailymotion gets real momentum or Youtube Red gets enough backlash. 

Think beyond yourself just having to use a proxy.... Think of the people you know who use Youtube but don't really properly know their way around the internet or computer.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I don't see why they just don't have both options available if some channels want to use YouTube red and not others, they should both be allowed to keep their content up. If some of us don't want to pay the subscription fee, we should still be allowed to watch it. But no... YouTube has to go screw everything up.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Mizura"]
If this is what I'm going to have to deal with now, is there any proxy that works with Google Chrome? I never got Holaunblocker to actually work.
[/quote]

http://www.proxynova.com/proxy-server-list/country-jp/

Just set it up through your browser's settings. So much easier. What I've done is set Firefox up as my Japan-proxy browser since I don't use it for anything else. That way I can keep Chrome's default settings for everything else.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The main problem is, I have a chromebook meaning I'm stuck only using Google Chrome. And since Chrome is a google product along with YouTube, I'm afraid Google will stop all proxies from working. And also that one you linked was blocked on my end. I'm pretty much going to move to Dailymotion unless YouTube gives up on this whole red thing.
Formerly Mizura