Riho to graduate from MM'15

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: Riho to graduate from MM'15

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I quickly typed up a translation of Mizuki's letter to Riho:

<div style="font-size:36px;margin:0px 0px 10px;font-family:Gibson, 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">Leader Fukumura Mizuki’s letter to Graduating Sayashi Riho:</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">
<p style="font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-size:inherit;font-family:inherit;">Riho-chan,
<p style="font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-size:inherit;font-family:inherit;">Congratulations on your graduation. The day has finally come… Up until now, we had said our goodbyes to the seniors in Morning Musume, so I couldn’t imagine seeing<i> you</i> off like this. It feels like there hasn’t been any time until today. 

Right after joining Morning Musume you became center, danced, sung; little by little, I began to become envious of you. I tried hard, thinking, “If I could just catch up a little more…” But I understood how hard it must have been to do that <i>right</i> after joining. I also know how much strength it took to stand in that position. You’d lie, saying “it’s not painful.” I cheered you on from the bottom of my heart.

Thinking about it now, us 9ki were truly just kids when we joined… You were just in elementary school.  9ki is often told we laugh a lot, but not being able to catch up with our seniors after debuting was tough. Whether they were happy or angry, we collected many memories. 

And now 5 years from then, getting to where we should originally be. Your hard work turned into confidence. All the brilliant performances you gave were very cool. You were the pride of Morning Musume ‘15.

Separate from your stage self, the super pervert Riho-chan. At first it was only in front of 9ki, but over time the other members found it out. And finally all the fans found it out, too. But I think the number of people who forgive you for that has increased, so I was happy about that.

It’s been 2 months since you announced your graduation. I’m sure you especially felt it, but you’re loved by many, many people. Because you’re the Riho-chan loved by so many, you’ll be fine when you study abroad. Don’t close yourself off completely! Slowly make friends! And talk to me if you need to! 

The rest of Morning Musume ‘15, since you’ve announced your graduation, have felt anxious. I really think it’ll be tough without you. But because you gave all your best until now, I will now give my all. We’ll have the fans as well. Tomorrow we become Morning Musume ‘16… Please watch over all of us when tomorrow comes.

Thank you so much for your 5 years, Riho-chan.

Congratulations on your graduation.

Morning Musume ‘15, 9ki, Fukumura Mizuki.
</div>

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

^ Thank you!
Has anyone translated Riho's speech yet?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Thank you TicTac :weeeh: !

And I didn't see any translation of Riho speech yet Buononon (if it's fine for me to use this nickname as well :3).

On a side note, I thought Riho was beautiful during her speech. I mean, I've always thought she was good-looking but she was even more beautiful here.

Edit : thank you again TicTac ! (for Riho's speech translation)
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Jan 13, 2016 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I just did Riho's as well:

<div style="font-size:36px;margin:0px 0px 10px;font-family:Gibson, 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">Sayashi Riho’s Graduation Letter:</div>
<div style="margin:0px;font-family:'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">
<p style="font-style:inherit;font-weight:inherit;font-size:inherit;font-family:inherit;">I, Sayashi Riho, will graduate Morning Musume today, December 31st, 2015. 

I announced my graduation two months ago on October 29th–and I know I surprised many people with how sudden it was. But even then, like always, I was supported by the fans and those around me… And for that, I’m very grateful. Thank you so much, everyone… 

When I was in preschool Morning Musume released Go Girl! ~Koi no Victory~, and I listened to it all the time. I gained a dream of becoming a part of Morning Musume, and so I tried my hardest with dancing. And then, five years ago, I achieved that dream. Here at Nakano Sun Plaza I achieved it. 

At that time I was so little… I think I was really such a kid. But still, I was a kid who loved to dance. That same me, as we toured, was able to see how I grew, little by little. I think it’s because of where I was, I’m able to stand here now… I have peace of mind. 

I really love concerts. It’s a place where, when I had a solo, I was able to yell from the depth of my heart. But…  until I was able to say I loved concerts, I worried over whether I gave my ideal performance or if there was a reality gap. But I worked very hard on it. Even though I was not great at singing… I tried hard to get to where I am now. 

Of course, I believe I’ve grown. But still I’ve learned that, more than anything, it’s <i>me being pushed to do my best </i>that gives me confidence. And I believe that 12ki needs that more than I do. Ogata-chan, Nonaka-chan, Makino-chan, Haga-chan… You four have really done your best. I’ve always looked over you; That’s why you four have always shone so brightly. And right now you four have a lot of “gen-mates” within Hello!Project (new members.) You now have a lot of rivals, and you’ll also grow from that; but you’ll come to be seniors. I can’t wait to see the day when 12ki will be the ones to pull Morning Musume. 

11ki and 10ki, in these 2 months I’m sure you’ve had numerous worries. Oda-chan, Duu, Masaki-chan, Ayumi-chan, Harunan… Thank you for letting me rely on you, and for being my support. Continue to be greedy in front of 9ki, and please make sure you lead Morning Musume. I expect great things from you. 

Kanon-chan, Eripon, Fuku-chan… Whenever it was just us 9ki, you three were always with me. The time we spent together really was comforting. Thank you. From now on, make sure you properly look over everyone, okay?

And finally, to all the fans… Receiving hand-written letters from you, and from those abroad who did their best to write to me in Japanese… I thought “all my fans must have spent so much time on these” Some with cute decorations on them. I also got so many smiles from everyone’s blog comments. Your cheers during concerts. It’s all inside my heart. From this sloppy kid… To see you would accept me for who I am… I feel like I’ve made so many friends in these 5 years. I was so very happy. 

Even though I’d say “thank you for your support” numerous times, my feelings may not have gotten across. But I<i> truly</i> have many thankful feelings towards the fans. Thank you for always supporting me. 

Spending 5 years in Morning Musume; using the strength of my seniors, the bonds of the members I worked with and receiving all the love from everyone, I gained power. Because I was able to join <i>the</i> “Morning Musume,” I was able to shine. I’m sure if it wasn’t Morning Musume, I would not have shone. 

I could not have done anything I did up until now if I was alone. 

From here on I will do my best… But no matter what happens, I believe these 5 years will be my life’s biggest treasure. 

Next year I’ll be studying abroad, learning English and dance. Because I was able to decide I would graduate, I want to come back to Japan having grown. I will not put to waste all the love you have given me. 

For supporting me in my beloved Morning Musume, I thank you members. 

Morning Musume, 9ki member, Sayashi Riho.
</div>

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="194327" data-time="1452720802">
Buononon (if it's fine for me to use this nickname as well :3).
</blockquote>

I love this nickname so I have no problem with it at all.  :joyful: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="194327" data-time="1452720802">
On a side note, I thought Riho was beautiful during her speech. I mean, I've always thought she was good-looking but she was even more beautiful here.
</blockquote>

She looked genuinely happy... that can make a person way more beautiful in my eyes.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="194328" data-time="1452720954">
And finally, to all the fans… Receiving hand-written letters from you, and from those abroad who did their best to write to me in Japanese…
</blockquote>

Even though I personally didn't send her anything, just the shout-out to foreign fans made me really happy.

I probably talk about NY way too often, but I'm just so happy I got to meet her before her graduation, even if it was only for two seconds in that lousy, rushed handshake line. It's becoming hard to remember since it's been so long... but I remember her "arigatou" being sincere.

I think it just now hit me that she's really gone. I'm definitely gonna miss her.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Thanks for the translations TicTac! I was so not prepared for how emotional I'd get watching this. Rihooooo T.T
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<div style="font-size:36px;margin:0px 0px 10px;font-family:Gibson, 'Helvetica Neue', HelveticaNeue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(68,68,68);">Sayashi Riho’s Graduation Letter:</div>
[/quote]

I was thinking of subbing this, if I can find the motivation. Can I use your translation in addition to mine and credit? It'd save a good portion of time.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="194328" data-time="1452720954">
<div>

[/quote]

I was thinking of subbing this, if I can find the motivation. Can I use your translation in addition to mine and credit? It'd save a good portion of time.

</div>
</blockquote>

Absolutely. I'll leave it to you to sub whenever you have the time/want... Just make sure you double check, since I'm sure I made some oopses ;)
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

BS Sky will be airing this the 2/13 (Sat) at 5pm (JST, GMT+9) and 2/26 (Fri) at 11pm (JST, GMT+9): http://www.bs-sptv.com/program/1813/

I hope really bad someone will broadcast it.
Campy <3 !
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Because I'm a lazy little fuck I'm just going to copy this from swmmm's tumblr:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
sayashi/h!p fans:

a very kind h!p fan on twitter, misuken_now, is giving away sayashi’s photobook compilation (the 2011-2015 zenshuu) completely free of charge to any overseas h!p fans! you can see his offer in this (english) tweet here: https://twitter.com/misuken_now/status/680033798575108096. he will even pay for shipping too, so it’s completely free to you.

to participate, you just have to 1) make a tweet with the hashtag #sayashi_xmas_gift and 2) dm him your country, address, name, and number of copies you want (he has many so i think he’s willing to give out more than 1, but just imo – don’t be greedy). i think sending him a message in english will be okay even if you don’t know japanese. 

even tho the hashtag mentions christmas, he hasn’t started shipping yet and is still accepting messages. as of jan 19, he mentions he still has very many left and shipping will be in late jan - early feb!
</blockquote>

I checked, and he is still giving them out!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

That is bulk-buying done right. Too bad I don't have a twitter. xD
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Sign me up!!! Although this guy must have a lot of extra money laying around.
Last edited by star on Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Weighing the pros and cons of getting a Twitter account just for this.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Too bad I don't have a twitter. xD
[/quote]

Hah, maybe he is secret marketing to try to get to holdouts like you. :) EDIT: And showraniy.
Last edited by JoshuaJSlone on Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

I'm tempted to do this but giving my address to a complete stranger isn't really striking me as a good idea. Wish I had a PO box or something to use instead
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="194533" data-time="1453485637">
I'm tempted to do this but giving my address to a complete stranger isn't really striking me as a good idea. Wish I had a PO box or something to use instead
</blockquote>

I was worried about this a bit too, but eventually I just shrugged it off. If we're honest, lots of strangers on the Idol!Swap, and various things have our address (at least, they do mine) so I'm not worried about it. Technically I have (well, had) a number of your addresses.  :tongue:

And if anyone asks, yes I already bought it. My mother wanted one. 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="194522" data-time="1453470968">
That is bulk-buying done right. Too bad I don't have a twitter. xD
</blockquote>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="showraniy" data-cid="194528" data-time="1453480337">
Weighing the pros and cons of getting a Twitter account just for this.
</blockquote>

If you two want I can send him a message for you?
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I'm not sure if that's allowed? If so, I'd be down, but that's entirely up to you, Thea.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'll ask him and see!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I'm a little on the fence about giving out my address, too, so I'm not sure... but thank you for the offer, Thea, that's really nice of you! :)
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

He said it is!

So Show (and maybe Buononon?) if you PM me with this I'll give it to him:

<div>国名:(Country)</div>
<div>住所:(Address)</div>
<div>名前:(Name)</div>
<div>冊数:(Number of Copies)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>And of course, Buononon!  :joyful:</div>
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Jan 22, 2016 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This is an awesome opportunity but with my current living situation, there's no easy way I'd be able to get this. Maybe a few years down the line, but now wouldn't work.
Formerly Mizura
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="194557" data-time="1453530845">

He said it is!

So Show (and maybe Buononon?) if you PM me with this I'll give it to him:

国名:(Country)

住所:(Address)

名前:(Name)

冊数:(Number of Copies)

And of course, Buononon! :joyful:</blockquote>

I PM'd you. I owe you one.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Aw! But nothing to owe, really. It has been conveyed.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

No really, I'm big on paying back favors because I don't like owing people. :lol: I'm the most forgetful person I know, so paying people back for favors saves me from having to remember a lot of them. It's ironic and a bit juvenile, but it's one of my many weird personality traits.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<div>Book about Riho coming out 3/12 A 17 Year Old's Determination. (Thanks to Q for telling me!)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The first autobiography and chronicle from Sayashi Riho, who graduated from Morning Musume on 31/12/15.</div>
<div>From her dance awakening at 6 years old, passing the Morning Musume. 9th Gen audition at 12, to her graduation from Morning Musume at age 17, valuable pictures and an interview that gives an honest approach of her.</div>
<div>In addition to about 5 years worth of treasured shots, to the photos taken directly after the announcement of her graduation, her last Nippon Budokan, her final stage at Nakano Sun Plaza on New Years and backstage and so forth, the first publication of these rare photos!</div>
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Book title reminds me of Kusumi's, A 17 Year Old's Career Change.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]

<div>Book about Riho coming out 3/12 A 17 Year Old's Determination. (Thanks to Q for telling me!)</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The first autobiography and chronicle from Sayashi Riho, who graduated from Morning Musume on 31/12/15.</div>
<div>From her dance awakening at 6 years old, passing the Morning Musume. 9th Gen audition at 12, to her graduation from Morning Musume at age 17, valuable pictures and an interview that gives an honest approach of her.</div>
<div>In addition to about 5 years worth of treasured shots, to the photos taken directly after the announcement of her graduation, her last Nippon Budokan, her final stage at Nakano Sun Plaza on New Years and backstage and so forth, the first publication of these rare photos!</div>

[/quote]

I don't care about the photos as much as the book itself.... That sounds like an AWESOME read.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I hope someone decides to translate it. It seems like it could be interesting.
Formerly Mizura
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

A fan who participated to her last bus tour wrote an article about it. I found it quite interesting, especially since these kind of events are rarely described in details in English.
Campy <3 !
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Riho's full graduation (The MM'15 part) from the New Year Concert was uploaded. Watch it now.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.