Riho to graduate from MM'15

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Riho to graduate from MM'15

Post by JPope »

You all are hard core. For me it was literally learning the group from scratch again, only without the help of Hello! Morning and Utaban clips. Making the tee shirts helped a lot, though.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

I came in around Pyoko Pyoko Ultra (am I remembering that song title correctly?) And learned them by the end of Renai Hunter.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="JPope"]
It seems like Riho is cognizant of her strengths and weaknesses, and is therefore serious about dancing and not so much singing. Remaining a part of H!P seems like more of a formality than anything else -- like a show of respect from the company for several years of strong service-- as there just isn't much for a dancer to do in H!P outside of an idol group. I expect we'll have seen the last of Riho in H!P after she leaves, unless she returns several years later as a dance instructor. She's still young enough to pursue dancing as a profession, but just barely. It really was a now-or-never decision, I think.
[/quote]

This pretty much sums up how I feel.  I wish her luck, honestly.  I know she has huge gaps in her learning now from being in MM for so long so I have a feeling really seriously entering the dance world is going to be an uphill struggle for her - someone whose dancing has been put on a pedestal due to it being so much better than... a bunch of bad dancers, suddenly trying to keep up with other people who have been working longer and harder on much more intense stuff than her.  But if she works hard enough, she can do it.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

[quote="Farrah"]
This pretty much sums up how I feel.  I wish her luck, honestly.  I know she has huge gaps in her learning now from being in MM for so long so I have a feeling really seriously entering the dance world is going to be an uphill struggle for her - someone whose dancing has been put on a pedestal due to it being so much better than... a bunch of bad dancers, suddenly trying to keep up with other people who have been working longer and harder on much more intense stuff than her.  But if she works hard enough, she can do it.

[/quote]

Yeah, this is how I feel... I feel so bad because she started out with so much talent, and now she's just way way behind if she truly plans to pursue a career in real dancing. She may find a nice middle ground somewhere where she's not required to be as good as her peers who have been seriously studying dance their whole lives though. Maybe there's a career that could utilize her natural talent without such stringent requirements on being the cream of the crop.

And I totally reread the last page and realized I mistook aine for Ap in my last post. Oooops, but seriously you guys are so hard to tell apart now. :hahaha:
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Regarding telling people apart, I made an Anki deck, of all things.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://youtu.be/adP4eyuql4w">Hello!Station</a> has a moment with Riho's graduation announcing it in Hiroshima and more comments from her after the concert.

Also Up-Front links has a video for the foreign fans with Riho talking about her graduation in English. <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.facebook.com/upfrontlink/vi ... /">Here</a>
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Nov 04, 2015 8:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="showraniy"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="192645" data-time="1446507141">
<div>

[/quote]

Yeah, this is how I feel... I feel so bad because she started out with so much talent, and now she's just way way behind if she truly plans to pursue a career in real dancing. She may find a nice middle ground somewhere where she's not required to be as good as her peers who have been seriously studying dance their whole lives though. Maybe there's a career that could utilize her natural talent without such stringent requirements on being the cream of the crop.

And I totally reread the last page and realized I mistook aine for Ap in my last post. Oooops, but seriously you guys are so hard to tell apart now. :hahaha:

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, it's kind of the downside to actual talented people being added to idol groups - they never get to foster said talent and thus rarely reach their full potential.  Airi is one I instantly think of - she's amazing for an idol, but based on her talents as a child, I bet she had capacity for way more and just never really got to focus on it.  Riho's gonna have to put in a lot of overtime to catch up with other dancers her age but considering she's dropping literally everything else to pursue this, I guess she's already considered it.

ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

[quote="Star"]
I came in around Pyoko Pyoko Ultra (am I remembering that song title correctly?) And learned them by the end of Renai Hunter.
[/quote]
I came in around Resonant Blue but I can't remember the point where I was able to remember the members names off by heart. I never actually tried to learn them, I learned them subconsciously. For some reason since 10th gen joined I've actually been trying to learn the members names. Maybe I should just go back to not thinking about it lol
Last edited by ShiroiChanUK on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

So Sayashi's graduation is about 4 hours away. 6PM is when Angerme, Morning Musume and C-ute take the stage. Idk if each stage is 2 hours long or only an hour.I'd put her actual grad more towards 8 PM JPT in that case. Sadly it seems it won't be livestreamed anywhere since the Countdown concerts don't get broadcasted. You think they would for something like Sayashi's grad but....
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

The graduation dress, I guess.
1451577152024.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

At least it's not garish and stupid...
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="JPope"]
[/quote]

Flashbacks
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Oh my god, Thea. I knew you would.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="193929" data-time="1451679044"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="193926" data-time="1451673131">

At least it's not garish and stupid...</blockquote>

<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.hello-online.org/img/Michish ... Flashbacks[/i]</a></blockquote>
I really feel like Sayu's dress would have been ok if the top was different.

I'm not sure if I like Riho's or not. I like half of it but it feels like multiple red dresses thrown together.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's not the worst but it's still ugly like they always are.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

It's still better than that embarrassment that they used for the Budokan concerts.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Meh, it's pretty boring. Don't really care for bright red on that style dress either. And that sleeve... ugh.

(And am I the only one who liked Sayu's dress, or..?)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

I think it's fine. It's definitely better than many dresses that came before it. Reina's is still the best though.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I really like the dress... maybe a little too much tulle or whatever that fabric is--but overall, not bad. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I always liked Yossi's graduation outfit because it wasn't a dress. Going out in style, as always.

Sayu's is almost as tacky as RIka's. Riho's is also pretty bad.

I think Kaori's was probably one of the nicest ones.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="193926" data-time="1451673131">
<div>
[/quote]

Flashbacks

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm not entirely sure that Riho's isn't worse. I'm not saying it is, but I'm not saying it's not, either. That sleeve. That jagged asymmetrical hem. The full bolt of tulle that comprises the skirt. So much what-the-fuckery.

On the positive side, Mizuki's can looks spectacular in that photo...
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I like it. I can't see the shoes and probably don't like them, but I like it.
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I feel like if they didn't add the poofy sleeve the dress would've been better. Also rating past graduation outfits, Kago and Tsuji's were the worst.

Edit: Anyone want to break this off into a graduation outfit thread?
Last edited by mrsross on Sat Jan 02, 2016 1:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Everytime someone graduates I'll just want to go back and see every single graduation dress. I remember someone posted them somewhere when Sayumi graduated, anyone remembers where it was?
Image Hey
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Touching photo : https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/cp0/e15/q65/p720x720/12471579_998902810168636_5032267651587765167_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9

It's not the best graduation dress they did but considering it was rush and all, it's not too bad. I like the dress (I really like sleeves like this), I'd just have prefered a dress with more tones of red, not a single one.
Campy <3 !
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Yep I hate the shoes.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

The 1960's are calling: they want their horrible fashion back.
strawberryjam
ANGERME

Post by strawberryjam »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="aine" data-cid="193922" data-time="1451648336">
The graduation dress, I guess.

Image1451577152024.jpg
</blockquote>
Looks like the cheap, 70s prom version of this dress.  :nono: 

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rabbit reverie
here is a website in which I pretend I am an important person with important things to say.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="193929" data-time="1451679044">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="193926" data-time="1451673131">
<div>
[/quote]

Flashbacks

</div>
</blockquote>

I'm not entirely sure that Riho's isn't worse. I'm not saying it is, but I'm not saying it's not, either. That sleeve. That jagged asymmetrical hem. The full bolt of tulle that comprises the skirt. So much what-the-fuckery.

On the positive side, Mizuki's can looks spectacular in that photo...

</div>
</blockquote>

At least with Sayu's you knew it was self-consciously over-the-top and ironic. With Riho's, I'm not quite sure.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Her Graduation ceremony is on the H!S at 7:18.