Country Girls 2nd Gen!

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Country Girls 2nd Gen!

Post by Shoujo Q »

At today's Country Girls, 1st Anniversary event, Yanagawa Nanami and Funaki Musubu, were announced as 2nd Gen members of Country Girls.
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.helloproject.com/news/3770/">Confirmed Source</a>
<a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.barks.jp/news/?id=1000121315">News Source with Photos.</a>

Last edited by Shoujo Q on Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Country Girls 2nd Gen!

Post by WonderBuono »

Yay for them! They're both very talented so I can't wait to see how they perform!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Musubu should do better than Country Girls but at least she's debuting.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

They're cute and I've been waiting for now members. I know Musubu is a good singer, how's the other girl?
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Nanami's pretty good, too. Here's the DDZnY duet audition (starts at 40:21), and here's the solo Mr. Moonlight audition (Yanagawa at 43:44). How Yokogawa made it to the duet stage I have no idea, though. The results were, by the way: Kaga and Takase, Ichioka and Danbara, Funaki and Ichioka. (Seeing as of all 4 of my favorites are here, and it's my favorite song, I've watched it quite a few times lol)
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
phancy
Kenshuusei

Post by phancy »

Funaki is my favorite KSS so I'm glad she's debuting. They fit CG's image, but I hope the next single is a little more demanding while staying cute, there's enough performance power in the group I think.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

Two questions. First video, who's the girl with the ponytail and clipped back bangs? Second video, who's the one that starts singing after Ruru at like 47:13?

After being a fan of Kaneko for years I kind of make a point of not getting attached to trainees until they debut.
ImageImage
Hotaru
つばきファクトリー

Post by Hotaru »

I'm actually pretty happy Funaki is debuting into Country Girls. I think she fits the image well and will be able to shine more than in other groups.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Wow I'm really happy for those two, especially Nanami. This is so sudden, but I get it. Uta is gone now, and Momo has been sick plus will eventually leave in the next couple years. A 4 member group is risky.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm not surprised there's a second gen. But I didn't expect it'd be this soon. I'm glad Funaki is debuting (finally!). I would've expected her to join ANGERME but this'll probably work. I don't know as much about Nanami but I"ll probably learn. Overall, I'm surprised they didn't add Takase Kurumi.
Formerly Mizura
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="Molly"]
Two questions. First video, who's the girl with the ponytail and clipped back bangs? Second video, who's the one that starts singing after Ruru at like 47:13?

After being a fan of Kaneko for years I kind of make a point of not getting attached to trainees until they debut.
[/quote]

first video I think you're talking about Yanagawa

in the 2nd video, that's Funaki
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I wonder what colors they'll get...
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Yay! I was excited to see Musubu's name :lol: Maybe she will be the new Uta? 
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Old Country Musume added new people every year from 1999-2003, too. Though Country Girls is losing them more slowly.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="192729" data-time="1446738336">
Wow I'm really happy for those two, especially Nanami. This is so sudden, but I get it. Uta is gone now, and Momo has been sick plus will eventually leave in the next couple years. A 4 member group is risky.</blockquote>

Country Musume was always small so I kinda liked the idea of Country Girls being a smaller group. But I don't really mind since they chose two really good Kenshuusei for 2nd gen.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I'm happy for Musubu but I don't like Country Girls so I won't enjoy her as much as I could.
The other girl is the one who got in Mr. Moonlight with Kaede and Ruru or the new girl with abs who sang Kimi Sae Ireba on that Kenshuusei competition? I can't tell them apart
Image Hey
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="192734" data-time="1446742915">
I wonder what colors they'll get...</blockquote>

I was wondering if one of them would get yellow or if Mai would be like "No that's Uta's color!"
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="Derby"]
I'm happy for Musubu but I don't like Country Girls so I won't enjoy her as much as I could.
The other girl is the one who got in Mr. Moonlight with Kaede and Ruru or the new girl with abs who sang Kimi Sae Ireba on that Kenshuusei competition? I can't tell them apart
[/quote]

Yanagawa is the Moonlight girl

Kanatsu is the Kimi Sae girl
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I really like Funaki, it just killed my Danbara vibe reading this hahaha. But seriously, I think these are great additions to the group.Not trying to be overdramatic but when Uta left CG's appeal dropped dramatically. The way the group worked changed.... They really needed that extra support back. Plus hopefully this will push the 1st gen to work harder when they get talented 2nd gen in like this. Excited Funaki got her debut (BUT WHEN MY DANBARAAAAAA)
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Nov 05, 2015 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I honestly only think Ruru would only succeed in a group specifically tailored to suit her and whomever else they might put with her. I don't see her fitting in any of the current groups.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

It's sudden but I'm happy those 2 were chosen !

HP will have change a lot by the end of the year, wow.
Campy <3 !
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Video of the Country Girls event and shows the reactions of the girls when told. <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_dhuT2ZsuU">A must watch!</a>

Musubu reminds me of Kudo when she talks, a little less husky. Nanami is cute but she reminds me of someone, like an older egg back before they were rebranded into Trainees.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Thu Nov 05, 2015 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
ShiroiChanUK
こぶしファクトリー

Post by ShiroiChanUK »

Quite unexpected but I'm all for a 2nd gen :)

I still don't know much about KSS but since a lot of you are saying these 2 are pretty talented I don't mind them becoming a part of CG :) It's already a small group so they'll hopefully have some sort of chance to shine :)
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Basics of the new members:

Yanagawa Nanami:
Nickname: Currently none (START THINKIN)
Favorite color: Pink
-She looks ups to Miyamoto Karin
-Her and Funaki were rivals, and she said she wanted to debut together.
-Has been in Kenshuusei since April, 2015 (6+ months)
-First Kenshuusei in her gen to debut and has said she wants to be an ace (previously stated.)
-Oldest of Country Girls’ 2nd gen.

--She has been a popular member since she joined KSS earlier this year. Yanagawa has been popular with the staff, too. She got Abe's part in Mr.Moonlight. also, she was one of the two who responded to the teachers as her KSS group got scolded and was asked to respond. She's a good singer, dancer, good atmosphere and a smooth talker. Frankly speaking, she's pure ace potential.

Funaki Musbu:
Nickname: Funakki
Color she’d like (previously stated): Deep pink
-Has said she’s shy
-SHE’S REAL SHORT, VERY MUCH A CUTIE
-Some compare her aura to that of a fairy
-Has been in Kenshuusei since Dec, 2013 (2 years)
-Was a kenshuusei gen-mate with Yamaki Risa

--Funaki was also a quite popular KSS

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Nov 05, 2015 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
Yanagawa Nanami:
Nickname: Currently none (START THINKIN)
[/quote]

Yanananan
Gawawanwan
Nanamin (of course, lol)
Yanapyon
Yanakko
Nanacchin

I like making up nicknames.

And oh my god, I can totally see Musubu having a fairy-esque aura.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Thu Nov 05, 2015 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

First of all I'm excited because they were singing my favorite song at the beginning of the video. And the new girls are SO cute. I love them already.
ImageImage
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Naa-san!
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Rewatching the intro video... and Risa looks pissed that there are new members. She was excited for the "surprise" and then when Momo told it, she barely smiled the entire time during the announcement. When they were setting up the surprise and introducing the girls, she looked like she was warming up to the idea, but she was the only one who didn't look excited. :lol:
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I haven't seen the video... but they seriously had a situation where there were new members backstage and not all the current members even knew?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]
I haven't seen the video... but they seriously had a situation where there were new members backstage and not all the current members even knew?
[/quote]

No, they showed a video onstage of when the current members found out/met the new members =3