[2015.12.29] Morning Musume.'15 - Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2015.12.29] Morning Musume.'15 - Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only

Post by JPope »

For those who were hoping MM would abandon the EDM sound, it seems like your ship has almost arrived. Tsumetai retains some elements of their modern sound, but the song itself feels like a throwback -- in a good way, actually. It has a pre-Platinum Era H!P vibe to it, and it's the only song of the three that I like. I'm not sure if moving backwards is the best thing for the group's commercial prospects, though, and I'm gonna miss them pushing the idol envelope musically if in fact they are completely ditching the EDM thing.       
Last edited by JPope on Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
phancy
Kenshuusei

Re: [2015.12.29] Morning Musume.'15 - Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi / ENDLESS SKY / One and Only

Post by phancy »

ENDLESS SKY (Promotion Edit)

Least favorite song from the single. MV is pretty bland too.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I don't really want Riho to have a graduation song (because it will be unfair to other girls if they don't have one) but I have a feeling Tsumetai will sound much better as Riho's solo.

Endless Sky has a boring MV, as befitted the song.
Last edited by smtmissin on Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I like Endless Sky, it's soothing. I do wonder who is going to pick up all of Riho's solo lines.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Endless Sky the song is okay enough but the MV is boring. There's way more they could have done with it and it's disappointing that they didn't.
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I love the song, I think it's sweet. :)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Yeah, the PV for Endless Sky is boring. It has its pretty moments, but all in all...*yawn*
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="193475" data-time="1450107259">I like Endless Sky, it's soothing. I do wonder who is going to pick up all of Riho's solo lines.</blockquote>I'm guessing her solos during the final verse will go back to being the whole group.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Apparently the full One and Only MV came out a few days ago.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Apparently the full One and Only MV came out a few days ago.
[/quote]

They also performed it on a couple of music shows.... If I remember correctly, Duu said the most recent performance was their last TV appearance with the 13 of them.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Profile pics are up! Everyone looks beautiful!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Tsumetai Kaze is giving me major Platinum Era vibes. I think it would sound so good if girls like Ai, Risa, and Eri were singing it. Nonetheless I still like it.
The music video though is more like the time when Yossie was leader, like 2006 or something.

I like that Duu is getting more featured in singles now, I'm guessing she will be getting some of Riho's parts once she graduates.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Tsumetai Kaze is probably my favorite a-side on this single. I like Riho's dance scene. I hope the full MV will be good as well.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

The director of Endless Sky is the same guy who did Reina's "Rock no Teigi," Lovendor's "Ikujinashi" and Kobushi's "Dosukoi!"... Explains why I like the mv. I feel like I like the angles/shots he chooses and the environment he creates. Miya mentioned when she worked with him he would really act out how he wanted them to sing and dance with Ogata Haruna commenting from the beginning of the day till the end, he was one with the most energy. I tried grabbing his name of GR but I couldn't understand him and my kanji is shit. He had this to say on the concept of the MV, though:

On the concept of the MV: “With the song Endless Sky, it’s like ‘even though where I’m at right now is lovely, I feel if I continue in this other direction–this next stage–I will come to shine more,’ similar to taking off (flying away.) Like how a bird would. The song makes me feel this way, so the concept I went with was s winter-like feeling.. And I pushed all the members as if they were nestled together (like a bird’s nest.)”

On the feathers: “We sent the feathers flying… Because the bird is taking off, the feathers are falling behind it. The ones who are leaving the nest are the seniors, spreading their wings. They drop feathers as they fly away.”
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

Tsumetai Kaze (Promotion Edit) is up.

Love the song, all the girls look beautiful.

Made by Haru!
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

This is definitely my favorite song off the single.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

The more I listen to Tsumetai the more I'm glad they made it a group song; it sounds so good like this!
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

Im a huge fan of the music video for Tsumetai. Its simple but very pretty.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Tsumetai is great! I love it, and I think this is the most justice I've ever seen a graduating member get (minus Takahashi). It's glaringly obvious that Riho's mini dance solos were choreographed by someone with inferior dance skills, because I know she can do way more than that. Of course, that's why she's graduating anyway, so it's all good. They looked really good for idol dance, so I'm happy.

Endless Sky, on the other hand, is very pleasant but so gosh damn boring. I just imagine it as an anime opening song and it's much better, because it's just so pleasant but just so freaking bland that I'm conflicted on how to feel.

Kanon is very pretty in Tsumetai! I have to say that she's been really gorgeous to me as of late, and has been standing out in a fantastic way these past two singles.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I like Tsumetai a lot. It's the best song on this single. While I'm sad Riho didn't get a solo song, the song works better as a group one and I think its impact was more powerful.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="showraniy"]
Tsumetai is great! I love it, and I think this is the most justice I've ever seen a graduating member get (minus Takahashi). It's glaringly obvious that Riho's mini dance solos were choreographed by someone with inferior dance skills, because I know she can do way more than that. Of course, that's why she's graduating anyway, so it's all good. They looked really good for idol dance, so I'm happy.

Endless Sky, on the other hand, is very pleasant but so gosh damn boring. I just imagine it as an anime opening song and it's much better, because it's just so pleasant but just so freaking bland that I'm conflicted on how to feel.

Kanon is very pretty in Tsumetai! I have to say that she's been really gorgeous to me as of late, and has been standing out in a fantastic way these past two singles.
[/quote]

As someone who really loves to dance and is somewhat good at it (certainly no pro), I can understand her want to move on. It's so boring to do dances that are too simple for your skill level... Practice becomes more of a space-out time because it's too easy. Combine the boredom of the easy dance moves with the pressure of all the solo lines, being center, appearing on tv, filming, school, etc... Doesn't seem like a good mix.

How could anyone be super happy with their real skill so unused. Not that it's H!P's fault--they can only do so much for her. She's beyond the level of the other girls and needs to express it. She needs a challenge in that of which she loves: dance. She needs to once again learn what it's like to fumble with moves, to mess up the rhythm, to improve.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

There's a thing the director does a couple of times where he speeds-up or slows down the video to sync moving hair with the beat of the music that's pretty cool.

So Zukki is back to being full-on Chubby Musume, eh? She appears to have gained back all of her lost weight and then some in this.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Why can't I like Tsumetai like everyone else. I used to think it was the best song, but now I get bored with it (the melody doesn't even stick in my head). I'm not even impressed by the MV (I'm happy with how Masaki looks so beautiful in it though). Now I think Endless Sky is the better song. And Riho sounds really good in that last solo line as well.

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="193546" data-time="1450497737">
There's a thing the director does a couple of times where he speeds-up or slows down the video to sync moving hair with the beat of the music that's pretty cool.

So Zukki is back to being full-on Chubby Musume, eh? She appears to have gained back all of her lost weight and then some in this.</blockquote>

Like most Japanese people, she doesn't understand what it means to properly diet.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="193546" data-time="1450497737">

So Zukki is back to being full-on Chubby Musume, eh? She appears to have gained back all of her lost weight and then some in this.
</blockquote>

Like most Japanese people, she doesn't understand what it means to properly diet.

[/quote]
From her blog posts, though, she did seem to lose the weight in a proper way. She cut her portions, exercised more, and generally ate healthier. She wasn't able to keep up her routine part-way through the summer because she injured herself and got sick, and to me, it just never seemed like she got back into a routine of it.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, but she was of the mindset many have that once her diet was over she could eat everything she wanted that she couldn't while on it. She explicitly talks about it on her radio show as a way to cope with being restricted on foods. Just think of all the good stuff you can eat afterwards.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I think I've liked ANGERME a lot more than MM'15 this year and I'm sad to say this.
Most of MM's songs were forgettable, but I came here to say Tsumetai is the only thing I like about this singles.

The MV is beautiful overall and Riho looks slpendid, I'd rather use Tsumetai as here goodbye song than Endless Sky, which is super boring as a solo and as a group song
Image Hey
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Tsumetai is classic Tsunku. That chorus is gorgeous. Would love to have heard it sung by Miki or Takahashi in their prime, or really anybody with an idea of how to sing with a little bit of emotion. Or -- and I hate that I'm gonna type this -- Tsunku himself...
Last edited by JPope on Sun Dec 20, 2015 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Good news is that even if the single is kind of weak, there's not a damn thing coming out that day so they're basically guaranteed a number one.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Sooo apparently since the release falls on Oricon's fiscal year, they won't be announcing anything released from Dec 28th-Jan 3rd until Jan 4th? We won't even get to know the ranking before Riho's grad lolol.... Niiice. (Sarcasm)