Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Derby
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

Post by Derby »

With the shape of her eyes Ruru fits a cleopatra style better 

Spoiler: [+]

I don't like this heavy makeup thing anyway so what if she just uses a cosplay of jynx everyday

Spoiler: [+]
Image Hey
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I actually think Ruru is already plenty pretty.  I thought Sayu was BUSTED beyond all hope when she joined and I ended up completely entranced by her beauty when I met her.  Also Konno.  There is always hope guys.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think Ruru is already cute too, plus if she's anything like Sakura, she'll get prettier with being a full time idol.

I think black hair washes some paler girls out and that's why they look better with brown hair. I don't think that for Ruru though.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I plugged a photo of Ruru into dailymakeover.com

My makeover:

Then I did a couple of "one-click" celebrity makeovers:

Not sure who the first one was, but the second one was Miley Cyrus  :rofl:

For what it's worth, I think she's cute, but certainly not stunning. I understand the concerns that some have with respect to that, but those concerns will be present regardless of what group she joins. 
Last edited by JPope on Wed Jan 06, 2016 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I'm biased, so I shouldn't comment on her looks... But lemme just say as others have stated before; Gocchin was far from a looker for me, but she seemed to be admired for her looks.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ruru isn't at the point where she'd be denied on basis of looks, just maybe not front girl tier based on that, even though there are plenty of girls who aren't super gorgeous that have been/are front girls.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="kitaoji"]
I'm kinda indifferent to the whole audition/graduate Erina/Ruru thing, but really, couldn't they have given us some time between lineups?  When that next single gets released, the news is all going to be "this is their last single as a 12-person group, what are your thoughts about the audition/candidates?" and we get a whole soap opera.  

Not that H!P is devoid of soap operas, but really, I just want a nice single promotion where we don't have to discuss graduates or auditions, especially with how Riho represents 'the end of the ace era' or whatever they're calling it this week.
[/quote]

Given how long auditions have taken and the single spacing lately, I'd bet (assuming no more surprise graduation) they've got two singles with the current lineup. That's about average for Morning Musume.

Looking back, during the Golden Era period they rarely had the same lineup from one single to the next.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I don't know if I'm surprised or not to see no one mentioned Cuca (at least that I saw).

I do hope it will be 1 or 2 members only. But if they add another 4, we might get the gumi groups back... which means everyone's favorites might get a better chance to shine. It'd also be a better chance to see what 12th gen can do individually (or how much they've improved).
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

^ I feel like I mentioned Cuca on another thread. I don't really see her working in the group. She does have talent but she also lives far from Tokyo, I could see her joining some local idol group in the future or something.

I do want to see the gumi groups come back. And I feel like they'd actually use all of the girls instead of the usual few. Plus we'd get more releases in a year instead of 2 or 3.
Formerly Mizura
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

Y'all are silly with the Ruru edits. :lol:

I think Cuca auditioned for MM during 9th gen's auditions and got rejected, didn't she? I figured that was the end of that.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

She also auditioned for 11th. She made it to the 3rd round I think. She stated in her blog, though, that her main problem is getting to the audition sight and just having her family uproot themselves for her.
Last edited by star on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think it was 2nd round. 3rd round would have required traveling to Tokyo wouldn't it?

Edit: she's also only 12/13 so she didn't audition for 9/10th because she would have been too young. She's tried every time since then.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Jan 07, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

[quote="Mizura"]
Plus we'd get more releases in a year instead of 2 or 3.
[/quote]

I don't think that's a given. We've already got more active main groups than ever, releasing less than ever. If they really wanted to release more, they could spread it among those as easily as giving content to subgroups.
star
ANGERME

Post by star »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="194212" data-time="1452191268">
I think it was 2nd round. 3rd round would have required traveling to Tokyo wouldn't it?

</blockquote>
I'm not sure which, but I remember being able to spot her in footage.
<div>
</div>
<div style="text-align:center;"><a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/user/XxBLUExXxS ... YouTube</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://starxland.wordpress.com/">ST☆R「LAND」</a> | <a class="bbc_url" href="http://instagram.com/xbluexxxstarx">Instagram</a></div>
<div>
Catch the stars before they fall . . .
"I am the son and the heir of a shyness that is criminally vulgar. I am the son and heir of nothing in particular."

</div>

Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Star" data-cid="194220" data-time="1452203051"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="194212" data-time="1452191268">

</blockquote>I'm not sure which, but I remember being able to spot her in footage.</blockquote>

H!P Wiki says she got rejected from 11th gens for not meeting the age requirements and that she didn't pass the second and first rounds in the two after that so you must have mistaken her for someone else.
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

Nothing new to add to the conversation other than everyone who photoshopped Ruru is awesome XD 
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

And this just in: Nobody for 13th gen!
Last edited by kitaoji on Tue May 31, 2016 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

:wota:

And let this be a message to the 12th Gen to get their act together now. ;/
Last edited by aine on Tue May 31, 2016 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

They don't learn. If they always need two tries to get a new generation nobody will want to audition lol.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I guess it's ANGERME's turn to have a failed audition next.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

What about Juice=Juice? Some fans have been quite vocal about wanting new members for them, especially considering Kntm's situation.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I think already being around 3 years without any additions makes any at all unlikely, but with a failed audition we could have it both ways.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

S/mileage had been around for two and a half about when 2nd gen joined. But I don't think JJ will add anyone unless they know someone is leaving for sure.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Goddammit I really hoping for a good 13th gen to make up for the disappointment of 12th.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This is stupid. But I guess it's to be expected with the decisions that keep being made. So much for some more talented members to join the group.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Well damn. Now nobody's going to feel the pressure to leave.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Yeah, was expecting this, but a part of me kept hoping for a talented generation.
On the other hand, seeing how lackluster 12th gen still is, I doubt we would've gotten anyone great from this audition anyway. Talent doesn't seem to be that high on their list when picking new girls.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

FFS.

Four of the last five graduations have involved decent to very good singers, and they've been replaced with one good singer and four tin-ears. If there really aren't any girls talented enough to join this current motley cast of no talent hacks, then they might as well graduate the entire lot of them and just keep giving the good songs to ANGERME. 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

^ This.

Even if they didn't find anyone outside of the agency. They could've added girls from the KSS. There are plenty of talented ones that haven't gone anywhere.

I suppose one advantage of their being no finalists is that no bad members got added this time.
Formerly Mizura
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="197780" data-time="1464744155">They could've added girls from the KSS. There are plenty of talented ones that haven't gone anywhere.</blockquote>Whenever I see a no-win audition I imagine they deleted a section of the announcement that went like "Yeah, none of those people we've been training for years are any good either, apparently. We suck at that."