Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Farrah
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume '16 Shinseiki Auditions

Post by Farrah »

So, apparently these auditions overlapped with 48 group auditions BOTH TIMES (with both 48 auditions pulling 45-50k applicants versus less than 10k for MM)... no wonder we've been getting some disappointing generations lately LOL.  All the girls who want to be idols are auditioning for 48 groups (which is truly a shame considering talent is even more wasted there than at H!P).
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

You'd think that H!P would have enough self awareness not to run their auditions at the same time as the 48s. That's just foolish. 
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Kaga's got talent; RikoRiko has heard from Kaga that she's known MM's dances for years now.

I expect her to be far beyond 12ki, and I'm not sure what much they have to teach her beyond the formalities of everything.

Reina is anyone's guess, literally. But my guess is with a strong genmate such as Kaga, she'll do better than expected.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

So I guess Reina really is pretty good with her instrument. She participated in the All Japan Band Competition with her Alto Sax two years ago with her school.

http://i.imgur.com/veh0lH3.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/ToLS4yb.jpg
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="203462" data-time="1482219913">So, apparently these auditions overlapped with 48 group auditions BOTH TIMES (with both 48 auditions pulling 45-50k applicants versus less than 10k for MM)... no wonder we've been getting some disappointing generations lately LOL.  All the girls who want to be idols are auditioning for 48 groups (which is truly a shame considering talent is even more wasted there than at H!P).</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="203463" data-time="1482220084">You'd think that H!P would have enough self awareness not to run their auditions at the same time as the 48s. That's just foolish.</blockquote>How overlapped is overlapped? These things are months-long processes so it seems like it'd be hard to avoid altogether.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

They basically opened back to back both times.  NMB48 and MM'16 were both taking applications in February, while AKB48 and MM'16 both accepted applicants in August.  MM'16 had a couple weeks head start both times but not really enough to rule out a conflict imo.  A lot of girls probably auditioned for both and I'm willing to bet the ones that had to choose between a MM callback and a 48 callback probably chose the latter.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Do they even stand a chance to gain attention with all the competition in the 48 groups?
Image Hey
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Derby"]
Do they even stand a chance to gain attention with all the competition in the 48 groups?
[/quote]

I mean, yes and no.  New girls move up the ranks in the 48 groups every year but there's no telling who it will be, it's pretty much a matter of luck at this point.  But the girls auditioning are young and ambitious and think they have what it takes (most of them will be wrong unfortunately.)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They'll pick one or two girls to push and the rest will likely just be theater girls until they decide to move on. It's a big gen so a few probably will graduate before getting promoted. A lot of the big names AKB48 have left won't be around much longer, most likely. They're kind of in the same situation MM were in in that they're still popular, but the new girls have never gained the traction with the public the old ones did.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="203425" data-time="1482091481">We used to vote on who to ban for a week. For no reason, lol! Seriously, this place was fucking Thunderdome back in the day.</blockquote>
On the other hand, eventhough it was a bit later, there were "Noob of the month" threads.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Ap2000"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="203425" data-time="1482091481">
We used to vote on who to ban for a week. For no reason, lol! Seriously, this place was fucking Thunderdome back in the day.
</blockquote>

On the other hand, eventhough it was a bit later, there were "Noob of the month" threads.

[/quote]

Yup, there was recognition for those who either successfully navigated the gauntlet or fit in with the zeitgeist of the board immediately. And early on, the hazing was mostly ridiculous shit to the point of, if you took that personally, you probably weren't gonna make in the event of an actual disagreement. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Hello!Station showed the footage of Kaga and Yokoyama getting told they joined the group. I'm not a very emotional person but when they showed the girls to Morning Musume, Kaga's part left me in teary-eyed mess. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Me too, Q! Haha, I am an emotional person though.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I am an emotional person so it's no surprise this really got to me.  And while I already loved Kaga, seeing this helped me really like Yokoyama already too.  I mean she's like HI MY FAVORITE FOOD IS SPRING ROLLS in her intro and then says she doesn't want to lose to anyone at smiling so that makes me happy.  I'm happy with this generation.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Seeing Kaga in motion in this made me like her a lot more now!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Reina's lisp is so cute Q_Q

And Miki's nonchalant, quiet "oh my god" when Mizuki said there were no audition winners, but KSS were being added killed me. 
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Another Kaede compilation video!
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Thea"]
Another Kaede compilation video!
[/quote]

The more of these things I see the more convinced I am that Lady Kaga is the best thing to happen to Morning Musume since Ayumi and Haruka.

I found a 45-minute compilation video quite randomly on YT that had three 15-minute segments from different KSS events over a three-year period. It wasn't devoted to Kaga specifically, but she was featured prominently in all three segments. All three had the full award announcement parts, including the one where Kaga got the "Best Performance" trophy. I posted the link on FB but forgot to bookmark it, so I'm not sure how easy it is to ever find again.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

On the H!S today, Reina was one half of the dance battle. And here's Kaede's line.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

Who is the girl at 2:15 in that Egg performance??  She's so cute and sounds like she can sing!

Made by Haru!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

That's Kiyono Momohime! If you find the link to the 2016 KSS recitals on one of the last few pages, she's the last one singing "Tsumetai Kaze to Kataomoi!" I can't link because I'm on mobile but I think she's got real promise!

Edit: Here's the link!
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Lord, almost that entire line was from Kaga was off-key LOL she's sounded better.  The dance off was cute!
Last edited by Farrah on Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Who was the last solo before Kaga though? I hadnt noticed her until now lool
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

That's Kanatsu Mizuki. Here's her 2016 recital part.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Thea"]
On the H!S today, Reina was one half of the dance battle. And here's Kaede's line.
[/quote]

I still don't know what Reina looks like. Which one was she, the one on the left or the one on the right?
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Oh! No wonder, she was pretty sketchy when she did Kimi Sae and I wasn't middle-of-the-road when she did Inspiration!...seems like she has potential nowadays!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Hah, I didn't realize that was Reina. I just noticed that she had messed up at the end.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="203615" data-time="1482971959"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="203599" data-time="1482947654">
On the H!S today, Reina was one half of the <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/_4nww-s_q_c?t=240' class="bbc_url" title="External link">dance</a> battle. And here's Kaede's <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/_4nww-s_q_c?t=277' class="bbc_url" title="External link">line</a>.</blockquote>
I still don't know what Reina looks like. Which one was she, the one on the left or the one on the right?</blockquote>Left. The other girl is Hashisako Rin.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Wed Dec 28, 2016 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]
That's Kanatsu Mizuki. Here's her 2016 recital part.
[/quote]

That's "Kibou Kanatsu," (Miracle Mizuki I think would be a good translation) as the Japanese wota seem to call her. Mainly because the difference between her 2015 and 2016 solo performance is pretty unbelievable.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

MM'16 CDTV Comment with 13th gen
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/a1NPkFXUPkY' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/a1NPkFXUPkY</a>
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="203620" data-time="1482983017"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="203613" data-time="1482970699">
That's Kanatsu Mizuki. Here's her 2016 recital <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/LHZZpce-hhc?t=1607' class="bbc_url" title="External link">part</a>.</blockquote>

That's "Kibou Kanatsu," (Miracle Mizuki I think would be a good translation) as the Japanese wota seem to call her. Mainly because the difference between her 2015 and 2016 solo performance is pretty unbelievable.</blockquote>

She's really close to Momona! Maybe next year they'll add her to Angerme so she can have someone close to her age.
<p class="bbc_center">Image