The Star Wars thread

Your favorite spot for news, entertainment, video games, TV, movies, books, your mom, etc.

Moderator: Tsuki

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: The Star Wars thread

Post by WonderBuono »

Hooooly crap, I finally finished the Rebels season and the amount of stuff that went down in one finale was frickin' ridiculous. But man was that a really good episode!

I need season 3 to come right now.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

REBELS SEASON THREE TRAILER IS OUT

I'm so excited you guys I just love this show so much
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
REBELS SEASON THREE TRAILER IS OUT

I'm so excited you guys I just love this show so much
[/quote]

So hyped for Grand Admiral Thrawn entering the official canon!
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="198860" data-time="1468717155">
So hyped for Grand Admiral Thrawn entering the official canon!
</blockquote>

They're also releasing a book about him, written by Timothy Zahn himself.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I assume I am not the only one to have seen Rogue One. Without getting too spoilery, I was overall impressed. Direct connections to Episode IV worked pretty well, mostly without seeming too dumbly fanservicey. Some of the CG effects that I didn't even realize were CG effects to begin with were pretty impressive. Saw Gerrera didn't really seem to have much in common with Saw Gerrera as seen in The Clone Wars, but it had been ~20 years.

Also worth noting the Catalyst tie-in novel was pretty decent. Lots more backstory on Galen, Lyra, Krennic, and Tarkin from the Clone Wars to the early Imperial years.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I saw the movie last night and I did like it a lot. I found the beginning to be a bit slow and hard to follow though especially with all the changing characters in scenes. I also thought the lighting was kind of bad but that could've been my vision problems playing into things.

Overall I think they did a good job in connecting this movie to a New Hope.
Formerly Mizura
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

[quote="Mizura"]
I saw the movie last night and I did like it a lot. I found the beginning to be a bit slow and hard to follow though especially with all the changing characters in scenes. I also thought the lighting was kind of bad but that could've been my vision problems playing into things.

Overall I think they did a good job in connecting this movie to a New Hope.
[/quote]

The theater I saw it in had a dark picture too, but that's the fault of the theater and not the movie. They purposefully dim the bulbs to make them last longer, and it makes movies look like dark messes.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Rogue One was exactly what I expected it to be; not really my style but good for what it was trying to do. Only one cameo felt unnecessary to me, the rest were very pleasant to see again. But I totally did not expect them to pull out the Tron: Legacy* digital face thing.

*idk this effect may have been done before then but that was the first time I'd ever seen it done

My sister, on the other hand, claims she liked it more than The Force Awakens.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I have no intention of watching Rogue One since it looks like a completely redundant movie.

Watching the Half in the bag discussion just reaffirmed my impression.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="203519" data-time="1482470808">But I totally did not expect them to pull out the Tron: Legacy* digital face thing.

*idk this effect may have been done before then but that was the first time I'd ever seen it done</blockquote>I wasn't sure that's what they'd done until later. I kind of assumed they'd found someone close enough + prosthetics like at the end of Episode III, just a much better job. Some people think it looks obviously fake, but it worked on me. I have seen it pointed out that Disney seems to be behind the biggest use of such methods, for whatever reasons. Tron Legacy, this, and young Tony Stark in Civil War being some big examples.

On a non Rogue One note, I'm finally nearing the end of The Clone Wars series. Considering it's a pretty actiony show and the prequels sometimes get slammed for spending too much time on things like senate matters, I thought it was pretty funny there was a three episode arc where banking interest rates play a crucial role.
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

And now Carrie Fisher has passed away. Fucking 2016...
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

And Carrie's mom just died today, one day later.  :cryalot:
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Star Wars Rebels mid-season trailer
feat. Saw Gerrera and a voice actor who is really good at imitating Alec Guinness, dang
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Episode VIII's title is The Last Jedi.

I mean I feel like we could have come up with this name a year ago but nope we waited for this. xD
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Reviving my dead thread to say T MINUS ONE MONTH UNTIL THE LAST JEDI.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

AWWWWWWW SHIIIIIIIIIIIT
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I just saw the movie. It was different than I expected and I liked it more than the force awakens. The story didn't feel as predictable as the force awakens was. Don't want to spoil anything for those who haven't seen it yet.
Formerly Mizura
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I loved it except for like one or two things which were really dumb lol but the rest was really enjoyable! I think I'll go see it a couple more times while it's in theaters.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

^^^ Yeah, I really enjoyed it but there were some aspects I didn't like, but of course they're not going to make a movie that completely caters to me.  There was corniness but that's part of what makes Star Wars what it is.  Really loved all of the new characters introduced this installment.  And so many cute critters this time. :) 
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

I loved it. Every person I've talked to personally loved it. Yet for some reason the internet seems to hate it.

And it know it's kinda racist since she's not Chinese, but Kelly Marie Tran who played Rose would be the most perfect Mei if they ever did a live action Overwatch movie. She was just so adorable.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="211768" data-time="1513611736">
I loved it. Every person I've talked to personally loved it. Yet for some reason the internet seems to hate it.
</blockquote>

Right? I was shocked to see the audience score on RT is so low! And even though it has a good rating on IMDb, the top reviews are all like 1/2 stars? Why?
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="WonderBuono" data-cid="211772" data-time="1513623868"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="211768" data-time="1513611736">
</blockquote>
Right? I was shocked to see the audience score on RT is so low! And even though it has a good rating on IMDb, the top reviews are all like 1/2 stars? Why?</blockquote>

There’s some thought that it’s just people trolling. And people did complain about the force awakens and rogue one when it was first released but those complaints have died down as well. I think it just needs more time mainly.

I’d definitely love to see it in theaters more. But not sure if I’ll have any more opportunities to before then.
Formerly Mizura
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Mizura" data-cid="211780" data-time="1513661758">And people did complain about the force awakens and rogue one when it was first released but those complaints have died down as well.</blockquote>
If anything, I think the critizism about TFA got even bigger.
And I don't think the critizism about Rogue One got any milder, it's just that nobody takes about it anymore (since it's such a boring story full of unlikable characters).
Last edited by Ap2000 on Tue Dec 19, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I swear the comment section of the Star Wars Facebook page is the worst place ever; every time I go looking for interesting comments all I see is negativity and whining. And it's always been like that. :/
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Ap how did you know I’m on a Star Wars video kick right now.

Also Mark’s face at the end was PRICELESS.

(But I kind of agree with Rian here... I just think his idea of Luke’s character wasn’t very good. But that’s more to do with how George wrote him than how fans feel about him.)

This is a good compilation of Mark being real: https://youtu.be/K-bENZW7Jyw
Last edited by WonderBuono on Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.