[2016.07.27] Kobushi Factory - Bacchikoi Seishun!/ Samba! Kobushi Janeiro/ Ora wa Ninkimono

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Meikochi
ANGERME

Re: [2016.07.27] Kobushi Factory - Bacchikoi Seishun!/ Samba! Kobushi Janeiro/ Ora wa Ninkimono

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="198662" data-time="1467834873">
I wish they would stop making these girls growl.</blockquote>

I'm just hoping it won't end up damaging their throat or anything else (but I'm afraid it may).
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [2016.07.27] Kobushi Factory - Bacchikoi Seishun!/ Samba! Kobushi Janeiro/ Ora wa Ninkimono

Post by momoirosaya »

Honestly this song sounds like everything they've done that's it's old now.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I'm going to like it and listen to it anyway, like all the rest, because it's Kobushi. But honestly it is, it's boring and not original anymore. Sad, they showed real promise at first.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

They still have great promise, they just need different songs... They can stick with a general theme for the group, but they need a good variation. Look at ANGERME--they've moved to a more rock-sounding group, but still every release sounds different and exciting, as well as mixing a few slower songs in as well... That's what Kobushi needs, I think.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

And if they do a few more rock singles, people will complain that's been overdone too. It's only Kobushi's third single, isn't too early to be writing them off as stale?
<p class="bbc_center">Image
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

14 months since their indie debut, 2 singles, 9 songs. Their indies single had the original sound. Their first single did with Dosukoi. But Ramen, Sakura, Chotto and Osu have all been standard idol fare with random growling. And now this one (of three, so far).
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
And if they do a few more rock singles, people will complain that's been overdone too. It's only Kobushi's third single, isn't too early to be writing them off as stale?
[/quote]

But ANGERME still inserts songs that don't sound as rock-ish to each single:
-Itoshima Distance
-Watashi
-Mahoutsukai Sally and Gashin Shoutan

Also, their recent new "album" songs:
-Kousaten
-Kakugoshite
-Marionette 37
-Asekaite Carnival

Although their rock songs lead the singles, they have good variety. Kobushi is currently all a hard, growling style... Sans Sakura which is a bit more subtle, but not by too much. I just think they need a song each single to balance that hardness out. It doesn't have to be a "soft" sound necessarily (like a ballad), just different.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Jul 07, 2016 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/UtjqUqT_uiQ' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/UtjqUqT_uiQ</a>

Full PV is up. I'm surprised it got uploaded the day after, hopefully it'll be a reoccurring trend.

The PV was better than the H!S edit but nothing extraordinary. They were outside, had multiple outfits (even though one was reused), and the girls seemed to be having a lot of fun. It was still fairly washed out looking though.
Last edited by Elpis on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Mizura"]
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/UtjqUqT_uiQ" title="External link">https://youtu.be/UtjqUqT_uiQ</a>

Full PV is up. I'm surprised it got uploaded the day after, hopefully it'll be a reoccurring trend.

The PV was better than the H!S edit but nothing extraordinary. They were outside, had multiple outfits (even though one was reused), and the girls seemed to be having a lot of fun. It was still fairly washed out looking though.
[/quote]

Actually both are, but for more of a general Kobushi promotion it seems.... The ouendan (cheering) outfits are obvious from their last single. But the cheerleader outfits were used in their tour. Talk about cheap lolol. I mean, I get the idea was probably to promote Kobushi beyond this single but it doesn't mean anything if a random non-fan stumbles upon the MV.

IMO, it was a cheap way to show the "boy" cheerleaders vs the girl cheerleaders.

EDIT: Here's a link to the cheerleader outfits
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Jul 07, 2016 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I like it. It's not much but at least the girls look like they have fun.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

This week's Upcoming showed the recordings for Bacchikoi Seishun. I really quite like Minami's voice... I'd say her, Renako, and Hirose are my top three favs in the group.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I would care more about them beating the funk into the ground if these songs weren't good, but they are. I really like the chorus of this a lot. 

I went back and listened to their other two singles, and found myself liking each song even more than I remembered when they came out. They don't have any bad songs at all, and quite a few outstanding ones. They're not quite ANGERME level, but they're closer to that than MM '16 level.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ora wa Ninkimono MV preview.

No growling and it's not even remotely serious, so you guys got your wish. This probably isn't going to be a universal crowd pleaser though lol.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
Ora wa Ninkimono MV preview.

No growling and it's not even remotely serious, so you guys got your wish. This probably isn't going to be a universal crowd pleaser though lol.
[/quote]

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaas

MV mixes 3, 2, 1 Breaking Out and the green screen close-ups of Kare to Issho. But they did Ska, I'm so happy Q_Q_Q_Q_Q 
I got my wish and I love it Q__Q_Q
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Samba better be really fucking impressive because so far this single is complete shit.

<div>Someone upped the colors so Bacchikoi actually looks decent.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Edit: And Samba CM! Random half-naked women in the back.</div>
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]
Samba better be really fucking impressive because so far this single is complete shit.
[/quote]

Did you not here the radio rip of Samba that was posted?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wxx8V4NEI84&feature=youtu.be

I like Bacchikoi and Samba a lot. Ora wa Ninkimono is a total throw-away, but that just makes one out of nine that I don't really like. Then again, I might like it more when I hear the proper recording.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Radio rips mean nothing to me. MV or bust.  =3= Which we have a preview of and I am disappointed...
Last edited by MejraThea on Tue Jul 12, 2016 1:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]

<div>Someone upped the colors so Bacchikoi actually <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G2a_FXAiU_I" title="External link">looks decent</a>.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Edit: And <a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm9vb_zVw88" title="External link">Samba CM</a>! Random half-naked women in the back.</div>

[/quote]

You know that's not random, you just don't wanna see it in an H!P video lolol ;)

I still like Samba. Asekaite Carnival is still a better version of this style, but Samba's still good to me. I will say the MV looks boring/empty from that preview, though.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Jul 12, 2016 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Samba! Kobushi Janeiro was onthis week's H!S, so the H!S edit version. It also features Ore wa Ninkimono, which is the Idol Matsuri song covering Crayon Shin-Chan's 3rd opening. Also the H!S edit version.

It's about x10 better than MM's olympic games song lolol
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I really don't like any of the songs this time. Samba sort of felt like an awkward version of Itoshima Distance. Ninkimono was just weird and felt like a bad 4nin S/mileage song.

However, all the girls seem to be pretty solid members of the group and all seemed to be enjoying the songs.
Formerly Mizura
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Bacchikoi live on The Girls Live this week.

And the Samba recording on Upcoming.

It doesn't feel like this single is coming out in less than two weeks. I know they didn't announce it late or anything but it still feels that way.
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iw8r6jjtc2Y
Samba! Kobushi Janeiro (Promotion Edit)
Last edited by PyoKiyo on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana:
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

I like the songs, but they really dropped the ball on the music videos. I don't understand why Samba has such low saturation considering the Carnival theme. The only MV I really liked was Bachikoi. 
The covers, for once, were actually perfect, the girls are at the top of their game, the songs are well produced... yet the MVs are so bad? They didn't blow the budget for the last few singles, so I don't understand why they put so little effort into these MVs. I like to compare Kobushi to Idol Renaissance, but it seems like Kobushi is starting to morph into a Berryz style group, which would just suck.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't have a problem with this MV, although the low contrast is odd, making the overall look a bit drab, but other than that the video fits the song perfectly.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

It does, except for the set in particular. Carnival takes place in the streets, if they did a fun video like Ama Nojaku Batta, and interacted with people on the street or something (or even better replace them with Unidol or KSS) it would look a lot better. I think the theme fits it but the set is so sparse and spread out, the rush of feeling isn't there. Or at least something a bit like Maji Sunshine, like something that makes them look closer and more festive.
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaEO76PJoyM

Ora wa Ninkimono PV is out
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Wow. That's pretty early. Someone from the studio or UF must have leaked it.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm late to the party but Ora wa Ninkimono is so weird I can't help but love it.
Shake it, Taguchi.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS This is the song of the single I've been waiting for. I still can't get over the fact they used Ska, it's too good Q_Q... They even got the typical Ska dance down perfect. 

Seeing all the girls jump around like spoiled brats (in Shin-chan's honor, of course :p) is so cute and refreshing. I really thought C-ute's single was gonna be my fav of the year, but maybe not~