[2017.03.29] Morning Musume '16 Concert Tour Aki ~MY VISION~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: [2017.03.29] Morning Musume '16 Concert Tour Aki ~MY VISION~

Post by Solarblade »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Isn't Miki singing in B setlist's Zero Kara Hajimaru Seishun instead of Haruna O. ? Because she isn't in the other setlist little group either ^^".

I like setlist B better but Haruna, Ayumi and Eripon solo, no thank you.
[/quote]

Thanks for pointing that out, I went to sleep shortly after so a little more clarfication was done.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Listening to the rip of the first concert.... This line-up is pretty much a train wreck. The funny part was that in Iroppoi, there is a line that was originally Michishige/Kusumi right before the chorus, and I remember everyone complaining about that line in particular... The two girls who do it sound worse than the original  :lol:

Masaki sounded pretty bad in her solo, but the flow into Usotsuki Anta was kind of cool, and then Usotsuki Anta into Tokimeku Tokimeke. Just need Sakura to cover Wagamama now. 
Last edited by Purin-chama on Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Here's a visual representation of the set list~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Tsubaki Factory are going to be the opening act on the Budokan date. Perfect opportunity to perform a new a-side.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Here's 12th gen's Zero Kara Hajimaru Seishun (errr..)
Along with Masaki's Do It Now
Oda Sakura's Usotsuki Anta
Iikubo Haruna's KoiING
Ishida Ayumi's Glass no Pumps (Nice ending)
Ikuta Erina's Senkou Hanabi
Fukumura Mizuki's Boogie Train '03

Maa-chan, Oda and Kudou's Take Off is Now... This one is especially nice because like 2-3 years ago Sayashi, Ayumi and Oda did this, but I remember seeing this trio also practicing and I think the 2 girls got replaced. I prefer Maa-chan's singing to the other trio, but I think Sayashi, Ayumi and Oda's group performed it, as a whole, better.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Watched this yesterday at the Hong Kong viewing.

Watching the broadcast on a large screen is NICE in so many ways, possibly rivalling being at Budokan itself, if you’re hiding in the top, barely visible seats.  Theater was about 1/3 to ½ full, mostly college age, I think.  I sat next to an older dude decked out in a Mizuki birthday t-shirt who spent ½ the time jumping and doing HelloPro’s wotagei.  I might have decked him if it weren’t for the fact that the view wasn’t that bad. ;)

Tsubaki sounded much better than what I recall them in November last year.  Kishimon was kinda-sorta-center and had at least enough emotion.  Ogata Risa sort of faded in the back, which is somewhat of a surprise as I’ve been noticing her more with the stage plays. Tanimoto Ami looks perpetually perplexed. The new kids were fine.

Concert was in general less exhausting than PRISM or Emotion in Motion, which I felt went by really quickly.  This time I had my notebook with the actual setlist so it wasn’t as much of a surprise as the other times I’ve seen them in concert. 

It seems they’re giving more lines to Harunan and more center dance position to Eripon, as Miki was virtually invisible throughout most of the concert. O. Haruna got more Budokan screen time, whereas the broadcast camera favored Akane and Duu.  Maria picked up the appropriate front girl positions.  While the Top Four are clearly Mizuki/Ayumi/Teddy/Masaki, I didn’t get the feeling that they’d been run ragged like the Kanon graduation concert.  (Maybe it’s because this time they actually have a lighter concert final run.)

They substituted the extra long medley for the dance portion, which I would really like to see on a DVD magazine, but overall I thought Ayumi really nailed Glass no Pumps.  Eripon & Harunan’s solos were significantly shorter than the others’, heh.  Mizuki and 12th gen doing Boogie Train really reminded me of Fujimoto doing it back in 2006 Summer Concert with the Kids, which is a nice touch as it was my first H!P song ever. I was somewhat disappointed by Teddy’s “Usotsuki Anta”, as she seemed too fierce for this performance.  I think her younger self would have pulled it off better. 

Maachan was totally channeling her inner Reina in Take Off is Now, and the difference between this and 2013 was really impressive. I still think Maachan was emoting more in Kanongrad’s “Aishite”.  She was also goofing off less – or at least, the camera caught less of that.  I only noticed her mugging for the camera during Utakata Saturday Night which starred DJ Mizuki, by the way.

Maria really needs to work on those low notes in Sou Janai (and bass notes in general) if she’s going to get more of these opening solo lines.  Also, all that hair flipping is so characteristically energetic ;)

Screen VTRs and effects weren’t as spectacular as, oh, say the Platinum Era, but there were some nice parts, such as Iroppoi Jirettai and I did choke a bit when they ran the lyrics in Be Alive in the Finale. 

Also, Eripon had such a spectacular “ru” in the One Two Three finale.  It’s been a running joke that she never gets to sing this line as the second verse always gets hacked during performances, or the camera pans out (see the Gradation performance), so finally it’s great to have a camera hold on her at least.  Congrats Eripon, it only took four years!

Overall, I could probably watch this again and might pick up the Blu-Ray when it comes out next year.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Is the full concert online anywhere yet?
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
Is the full concert online anywhere yet?
[/quote]

On aidoru-online, if you ever torrent. (And freeleech, like JJ Budoukan, which is great because it's a 18GB file).

Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="200611" data-time="1474918152">
Listening to the rip of the first concert.... This line-up is pretty much a train wreck. The funny part was that in Iroppoi, there is a line that was originally Michishige/Kusumi right before the chorus, and I remember everyone complaining about that line in particular... The two girls who do it sound worse than the original :lol:

Masaki sounded pretty bad in her solo, but the flow into Usotsuki Anta was kind of cool, and then Usotsuki Anta into Tokimeku Tokimeke. Just need Sakura to cover Wagamama now.</blockquote>
Speaking of, the Iroppoi vid is now on youtube:
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7vaU46BTs' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7vaU46BTs</a>

But they don't show the singers during the line you're talking about lol.

Watching this makes me think that they should consider adding a backtrack for some songs. The vocals on this are all over the place.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Dec 15, 2016 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Myst" data-cid="200611" data-time="1474918152">
Listening to the rip of the first concert.... This line-up is pretty much a train wreck. The funny part was that in Iroppoi, there is a line that was originally Michishige/Kusumi right before the chorus, and I remember everyone complaining about that line in particular... The two girls who do it sound worse than the original :lol:

Masaki sounded pretty bad in her solo, but the flow into Usotsuki Anta was kind of cool, and then Usotsuki Anta into Tokimeku Tokimeke. Just need Sakura to cover Wagamama now.
</blockquote>
Speaking of, the Iroppoi vid is now on youtube:
<a class="bbc_url" href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7vaU46BTs" title="External link">https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2P7vaU46BTs</a>

But they don't show the singers during the line you're talking about lol.

Watching this makes me think that they should consider adding a backtrack for some songs. The vocals on this are all over the place.

[/quote]

Sounds like Makino and Ogata to me, so that'd be my bet.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

That does sound like the only combo that could actually be worse than the original one.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I just finished watching the concert DVD. I thought it was magnificent. I watched it without a tracklist so everything was a surprise to me. Masaki's solo of "Do It! Now" had me jumping up in my seat. And I loved Ayumi's "Glass no Pumps." What struck me about the show was the fact that it was staged and designed like a theatrical event, rather than a traditional H!P concert, particularly in the way the numbers flowed into each other and the use of stagecraft and the highly choreographed movements of the group members in and out of each number. There's so much good stuff in it, I'll probably just do a blog entry.

Tsubaki Factory's appearance is not on the DVD.

I had one question, though. Mizuki gives long speeches in each of the last two MC segments. She has a really soft-spoken intimate manner and the entire Budokan arena was absolutely silent as she spoke. She gets very emotional at the end of the first speech and close to it in the second. Is there a translation transcript anywhere? Or can someone give me a sum-up of what she was talking about? Thanks.
Last edited by Madara on Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Madara"]
I just finished watching the concert DVD. I thought it was magnificent. I watched it without a tracklist so everything was a surprise to me. Masaki's solo of "Do It! Now" had me jumping up in my seat. And I loved Ayumi's "Glass no Pumps." What struck me about it was the fact that it was staged and designed like a theatrical event, rather than a traditional H!P concert, particularly in the way the numbers flowed into each other and the use of stagecraft and the highly choreographed movements of the group members in and out of each number. There's so much good stuff in it, I'll probably just do a blog entry.

Tsubaki Factory's appearance is not on the DVD.

I had one question, though. Mizuki gives long speeches in each of the last two MC segments. She has a really soft-spoken intimate manner and the entire Budokan arena was absolutely silent as she spoke. She gets very emotional at the end of the first speech and close to it in the second. Is there a translation transcript anywhere? Or can someone give me a sum-up of what she was talking about? Thanks.
[/quote]

It's been a while since I saw that part.... But if I remember correctly it was mainly her being grateful they were still being able to sell out Budokan and that fans still followed them. This is considering they lost Sayashi last year and Kanon this year (at the time of filming.) IF I'm remembering correctly. I'd have to watch the video again :)