[2016.10.26] Juice=Juice - Dream Road ~Kokoro ga Odoridashiteru~ / KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!! / Ashita Yarou wa Bakayarou

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2016.10.26] Juice=Juice - Dream Road ~Kokoro ga Odoridashiteru~ / KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!! / Ashita Yarou wa Bakayarou

Post by JPope »

<div>I love the song. The video is mostly a winner, too -- the video effects and transitions are stylish and cool. The outfits could have easily gone garish, but they didn't, and they're appropriate for the song. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I would love to see the girls working harder when dancing, though. It's a nitpick, but I see a lot of half-assing dance moves in this video, and it's the only thing keeping this from being a perfect return for J=J. ANGERME is the ultimate at working every move and every pose to the fullest, which is one reason they are the best thing going in H!P at the moment.</div>
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2016.10.26] Juice=Juice - Dream Road ~Kokoro ga Odoridashiteru~ / KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!! / Ashita Yarou wa Bakayarou

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="199312" data-time="1470357849">Live of KEEP ON Joshou Shikou!!, it was said this song was inspired by Michael Jackson and they weren't kidding. From the dance to Sayuki's little heehee line.</blockquote>Ahaha, I'm glad to see this. Just watched KEEP ON video without any knowledge and a lot of MJ things stuck out. But not exactly being a dance expert I wondered if I wasn't looking too much into relatively common things.
Last edited by JoshuaJSlone on Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It's very Lovendor. It's also kinda meh. 

Two outta three ain't bad, though. This single is a strong return for J=J.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

[quote="JoshuaJSlone"]
Promotion Edit of Ashita Yarou wa Bakayarou now up.
[/quote]
I didn't realize I hadn't heard this song yet, and I really, really like it! The PV is pretty simple/plain but the dance is really interesting. I don't remember what Dream Road sounds like, but I remember liking KEEP ON. I wish J=J hadn't faded into the background for me. They're really great performers. Sayuki really stands out every time I see her perform. Not to mention she gets prettier and sounds better every single. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

First day at 3 with 26,561.

They likely got hit by the new rule as well but they've promoted this song three times as long as Country Girls and Angerme (both of them got like five weeks and JJ has had three months) so I expected their number to be higher.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Oct 26, 2016 9:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I wonder if the extended promotion actually hurt them. People might have lost interest in this as their attentions turned to the shiny new things on the horizon.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don't think so. Their sales would have been way lower if they promoted for less time (especially with the new rule, because 26k for three months of promo is actually terrible without context) and I haven't heard of their events suffering in attendance or anything.
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

What's the new rule? I've been out of the loop.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oricon basically makes a cut at bulk buying. As in, if they see someone buying a certain number of copies in one order (the number has not been made public) they'll count less.
Which was pretty harsh on Country Girls and ANGERME, as H!P groups usually live by preorders.
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Oct 26, 2016 12:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

[quote="Anderei"]
First day at 3 with 26,561.

They likely got hit by the new rule as well but they've promoted this song three times as long as Country Girls and Angerme (both of them got like five weeks and JJ has had three months) so I expected their number to be higher.
[/quote]

Even promotion has its limit. The sales improve  then has plateau at some point.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Amped on Jplop put it in perspective (and I added the Angerme total just to put it in perspective) and it's rather interesting. I can't wait to see how C-ute and Morning Musume, the two power hitters in H!P stack up with this new rule change. 

<div>
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
<div>Country Girls 1st day sales 14,604 (pre-order sales) - Country Girls 4 week total 26,418</div>
<div>Angerme 1st day sales 16,623 (pre-order sales) - End of the Week - 31,468</div>
<div>Juice=Juice 26,561 (pre-order sales)</div>
</blockquote>
</div>

This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Well that was fun while it lasted. They bombed down to #22 their second day.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, but I truly believe that they can't be compared to two groups who had five weeks to promote as opposed to their twelve. It's really not comparable at all. UFP has put far more into this JJ release.

I expected them to bomb, but not that badly. CG and Anju actually managed to stay in the top 10 all week.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Up to 17 today.