C-ute to disband June 2017

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

C-ute to disband June 2017

Post by Anderei »

It'll be at Saitama Super Arena. They're getting a little old for H!P so I didn't think they'd be here much longer.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: C-ute to disband June 2017

Post by momoirosaya »

Makes sense. I'm sure they want to move on with other things in their lives.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Someone on jplop posted this from Facebook, I guess it's the article?

C-ute Disband in June next year.

They all turned over 20.

They decided the disband because each members has their own dream now.

They stop their activities on their dream stage, Saitama Super Arena in June.

According to the five, they started thinking about the disband in February.

They considered about it when the youngest member Hagiwara Mai turned 20.

They decided the disband "It's the time"

Yajima Maimi will be an actress.

Suzuki Airi will be a newscaster or versatile actress.

Nakajima Saki will be a travel reporter.

Okai Chisato "I'll survive in the variety shows"

Hagiwara Mai " I wanna work in apparel world

---- ---

Suzuki Airi said "I have lived as an Idol for 15 years. In Saitama, I'll perform as an Idol till the end of end "

Okai Chisato said "It's a best timing we can shine brightest "

When they told Tsunku about the disband. he said

"The day has come. Seize the joy that you can sing and dance and do your best till the end"
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Bam.

But yeah, I guess lots of people were expecting it to happen soon.

But they officially disband, yeah? No hiatus sugarcoating like with Berryz?
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I have also been expecting this and obviously this isn't hitting me as hard as Berryz since I've barely even been following them.  I am obviously super sympathetic to the hardcore fans because I remember how upset I was about Berryz but between the state of Mai's voice lately and Chisa's nodule surgery this is probably a good thing for them.  At least until June is plenty of time to plan and go for those who want to, and two singles or an album before the last concert?
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I was expecting this but at the same time it's really sad. Although they all sound like they have other things they want to do. I'm glad they're at least going out on a high note.

I feel like I should be more sad about this but I'm not. My favorite j-Pop group of all time disbanded years ago and if I got over that, then I'll be able to handle this.
Formerly Mizura
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Nothing's confirmed right?

Anyway if they do disband it is the right time. The girls are women now and it is time to do something different. They can't be in this group/idols forever. It's on to better things. Also does this mean that we're getting a(two) new C-ute successor group(s) like Tsubaki and Kobushi are to Berryz?
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

It's in a few different newspapers and supposedly the official announcement will be tomorrow (last day at Nakano Sun. The last two days are in Miyagi and Hiroshima). But newspapers usually don't just up and report the disbanding of a mid-tier idol group if it's a rumor.

Edit: online source: http://www.hochi.co.jp/entertainment/20160820-OHT1T50065.html
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
showraniy
ANGERME

Post by showraniy »

:cryalot:

Noooooo.......

;-; Ok.

Give me good future groups then, C-ute/H!P!!! One more good group to go with Angerme, and I'll be ok.
Last edited by showraniy on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

NOOOOOOOO!!!!!! ???????????????? I've really been dreading this day. I've been a huge C-ute fan for many years and now this'll mean losing my favorite group and my top 3 idols all at once. And sadly, with their chosen career paths it doesn't sound like the foreign fans will really be able to follow them. I'm glad that they chose this themselves and that they get to go out at their peak. It really breaks my heart though.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Anderei"]

[/quote]

This is the single most disappointing thing she could have said. She's so obviously a singer and she wants to do other things... Same with Nakky and not dancing.
Last edited by MejraThea on Fri Aug 19, 2016 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Anderei"]

Hagiwara Mai " I wanna work in apparel world[...]"
[/quote]

Just for clarification, apparel world means something fashion related? Could work for Mai since she's kind of been the fashionista-like person in the group. Since I didn't really follow her, were there any modeling deals for her before? Maybe something like Rikako's stuff?

Kinda sad to see Airi not choosing something music related as focus.
edit: lol^

Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="199681" data-time="1471640329"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="199672" data-time="1471632474">

Hagiwara Mai " I wanna work in apparel world</blockquote>

This is the single most disappointing thing she could have said. She's so obviously a singer and she wants to do other things... Same with Nakky and not dancing.</blockquote>

Agreed. She's a wonderful singer and I love her as a model as well. She's a good actress so I won't be too sad if she succeeds in that route but a newscaster would definitely waste her talents. I mean, if that's her dream then I want her to peruse it because I want her to be happy but speaking as a fan it's disappointing for her not to follow her talent. Nakky I think is too old to get into serious dancing now. Plus, other than being good at it has she ever shown an actual passion for it like Riho did? I can't recall. I hope Nakky succeeds at travel reporting. It sounds like a fun profession and maybe we'll be able to catch some of her articles.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

^^Rikako and Airi are the only two who do any regular modeling that isn't gravure. Maimi, Mai and Nakky have basically zilch going on outside of C-ute.

Edit: I'm actually wrong now that it was just announced Makino and Inoue are now Love Berry models, but they're not really model material the way the other two are, and I'm not sure they'd ever get serious offers if not for their idol connections.

I'm actually wrong now that it was just announced Makino and Inoue are now Love Berry models, but they're not really model material the way the other two are, and I'm not sure they'd ever get serious offers if not for their idol connections.
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="199672" data-time="1471632474">
<div>

[/quote]

This is the single most disappointing thing she could have said. She's so obviously a singer and she wants to do other things... Same with Nakky and not dancing.

</div>
</blockquote>

Double ditto. Airi has just gotten better and better over the years. I marvel at her in every concert I see her in. Why not a solo album? Why not a solo concert? I'd pay for that.

Overall not unexpected, but sad news anyway. Those five were just wonderful together and I really came to like C-ute a lot once it got down to these five. Saki and Mai peaked a few years ago, but Maimi, Airi and Chisato just kept getting better.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Anderei"]
^^Rikako and Airi are the only two who do any regular modeling that isn't gravure. Maimi, Mai and Nakky have basically zilch going on outside of C-ute.
[/quote]

Ah, I see. It's gonna be hard to get a foot into the business, then.

By the way, official announcements are out:

H!P website
UP-FRONT LINK

°C-ute will not take part in the H!P winter concerts 2017.
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="199687" data-time="1471642566">
Ah, I see. It's gonna be hard to get a foot into the business, then.

By the way, official announcements are out:

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.helloproject.com/news/5568/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">H!P website</a>
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.facebook.com/notes/up-front ... 4845923431' class="bbc_url" title="External link">UP-FRONT LINK</a>

°C-ute will not take part in the H!P winter concerts 2017.</blockquote>

I really don't understand why they won't. The winter concerts will be over long before they graduate.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I'm wondering if they're gonna do some tour of their own as a big build up to Saitama. Either way, it sucks for people who might have wanted to see them at their last H!P concert but aren't going to the last dates of the current one.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Sayu" data-cid="199683" data-time="1471640613"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="199681" data-time="1471640329"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="199672" data-time="1471632474">

Hagiwara Mai " I wanna work in apparel world</blockquote>
This is the single most disappointing thing she could have said. She's so obviously a singer and she wants to do other things... Same with Nakky and not dancing.</blockquote>
Agreed. She's a wonderful singer and I love her as a model as well. She's a good actress so I won't be too sad if she succeeds in that route but a newscaster would definitely waste her talents.</blockquote>

I really had faith she would be either singer or model... (Miyabi or Koharu respectively did it so it wouldn't have been impossible)

I didn't want that day to come and even more now with Airi's decision. I don't know if I really want to make it (June, probably 20th, would be doable but..).
Campy <3 !
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Just when I started to like them...
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

Its finally happening.  :crying:
20 is still so young. 
I wish them well in the next part of their lives.

Made by Haru!
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I remember anxiously waiting for them to debut way back when. They had a good run, though.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I'm actually surprised by this? Their sales have been doing nothing but getting better so I figured they had another couple years in them - not much longer but a bit. This really makes me sad!  They've been my favorite H!P group since the demise of Melon Kinenbi.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Meanwhile, on the front page of The New York Times this morning there's an article on SMAP disbanding. (I can't post links here anymore, so you'll have to find the article yourself.) Nothing about C-ute, of course.

Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

I am not that surprised by this, but I do feel sad. It took me a while to start liking them, and now they're going to be gone.

Well, they had a good run and there is still almost a year left until they go, so I hope there will be a single or two and an album.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Well, they made it one year longer than Berryz. I was kind of hoping this would happen soon because I can't even stand watching their lives anymore thanks to Mai's voice.

I have no problem with Airi becoming an actress, but I do hope she also continues to sing because it would really be a shame for that voice to go to waste just because she doesn't wanna be an idol (I feel the same way about Ai-chan and Ayaya still).
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

If they're not graduating for Up-Front, they may be part of M-line so maybe having at least birthday lives but still, very few occasions to sing..
Campy <3 !
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

I really hope they release a complete best like Berryz did
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Pretty sure they will, UF will not let go of this chance to get money.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]
I'm actually surprised by this? Their sales have been doing nothing but getting better so I figured they had another couple years in them - not much longer but a bit. This really makes me sad!  
[/quote]

That's what I thought, too. The fact that none of them want to continue singing suggests that this really was their decision, though, as opposed to UF making the decision for them.