C-ute to disband June 2017

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Kalle
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: C-ute to disband June 2017

Post by Kalle »

This is kind of surreal. I'm not particularly upset, though ... I only really enjoyed like a couple songs of theirs and they didn't really grab me the way that the other groups ( barring the Factories + KSS ) did, so I'm just sort of surprised but accepting of this.

So wait, does this mean Ayacho will lead H!P now? Unless she suddenly decides to up and leave as well ...
<p style="text-align:center;">Image
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

If we go by individual seniority it should be Momoko, but since Country Girls is one of the new groups they could skip her. Especially since she announced back then that she'd be in the group for maybe 3 years. Plans can change though, of course.
Dawa would make sense since S/mileage is older than MM 9ki (and Dawa has seniority over all MM members) - but ANGERME isn't, and both Mizuki and Erina have seniority over everyone past S/m 1st gen.
Nobody in MM has seniority over Momoko or Dawa, but the group itself has seniority (considering that all members of °C-ute had seniority over MM after Sayumi graduated and that's probably the reason why they put them above MM in the seniority ranking). In general it should be like...

Momoko > Dawa > MM 9ki > S/m 2nd gen > MM 10ki > MM 11ki > J=J > MM 12ki > S/m 3rd gen > Country Girls > ANGERME (as a group) > Kobushi > Tsubaki > CG 2nd gen > Anju 4th gen > Anju 5th gen > Tsubaki 2nd gen

(ANGERME can probably be cut out here, just wanted to add them since some people like to see it as a different group than S/mileage.)

Going by typical H!P seniority the next H!P leader would be Mizuki, but I hope someone else gets chosen. It's such a weird thought that Mizuki might be leader over Momoko (given that Momoko is still in H!P then).

Last edited by DonJuan on Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Theres also Aika even though I doubt she'd be picked anyways
freezingkiss
ANGERME

Post by freezingkiss »

I'm devastated honestly. I know 'it's probably time' or whatever but I'm so, so sad. 

I AM glad I got to see them live so many times and attend a handshake event where Nacky made loveheart hands at me and I told them they should come to Australia. 
新垣里沙 ♥ 須藤茉麻 ♥中島早貴 ♥ 譜久村聖 ♥All of C-ute ♥All of Berryz♥

smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

I thought it was a joke at first :( I thought C-ute could go on until 2018 at least. I'm devastated but at the same time happy for the girls. If they truly have other dreams, now is the prime time to start pursuing it. BTW, I thought Airi can't speak very clearly, how can she become a newscaster then? I look forward to seeing Maimi as an actress. I wish Nakky can be an actress as well. I doubt Airi can be a good actress. In some footage I see from her dramas, she seems to act out a bit too much for my taste. I prefer natural expressions.

C-ute is as close to my age as it can get, and now that they decided to graduate, I will only be following kids. None of the current HP groups can be half as sexy as C-ute no matter how they try. And the generation gap. It won't ever be the same.
Last edited by smtmissin on Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

This was written on The Number 244's blog:

According to press releases, the five girls met in February 2016 to discuss their options as young women in the younger idol scene. Along with dissolution, the girls were presented with an option to graduate from Hello! Project and remain together as a group operating outside the idol scene. The five girls wanted ℃-ute to remain a group synonymous with Hello! Project. With this choice the girls decided to end the group to keep the legacy of the group within the Hello! Project they loved.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

So, like many guessed, they're too old, especially since the average girl in the company is probably like 16. And leaving H!P won't exactly do wonders for their careers because no 10 year old idol group is going to smoothly make the transition into real artist territory.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
This was written on The Number 244's blog:

According to press releases, the five girls met in February 2016 to discuss their options as young women in the younger idol scene. Along with dissolution, the girls were presented with an option to graduate from Hello! Project and remain together as a group operating outside the idol scene. The five girls wanted ℃-ute to remain a group synonymous with Hello! Project. With this choice the girls decided to end the group to keep the legacy of the group within the Hello! Project they loved.
[/quote]

I respect their decision. It sounds kind of final, like they're not even leaving open the possibility of a reunion concert down the road, just for old times' sake. Is such a thing possible? (And for Berryz, too?)
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Anything is possible. I don't think anyone ever imagined Taiyou to Ciscomoon would ever reunite but they have on several occasions.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

C-ute had their final H!P concert appearance. Here's a totally not sad picture of Airi after the fact:
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Oh my gosh I can't even look at that picture anymore it's so saaaaad. :'(
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Wtfffff Airi that's why you should've gone solo, lol!

I know it's something she decided but it's so obvious the girl loves performing. I would've rather she done it for a couple more years before moving on to anchoring. She's got enough hardcore fans, like how Ayaya did.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

She could change her mind, I hope she does!

Take in the photo with Airi almost made me cry  :crying:
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Airi said she couldn't stop crying and Take hugged her until the end. It's so cute and sad :( .

In the same post, she said Duu gave each C-ute member a letter and Angerme did together a (hand-made) mini album for each member as well. Very nice attention.
Campy <3 !
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

I'm confused.
It was their last concert, but they won't disband until next year?
Or are the next/final concerts just °C-ute-only?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yes, it was °C-ute's last concert with the rest of H!P.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Setlist for part 1 of their C-ute day (the 2nd performance will be on the 10th)

===Setlist===

1. Sekaiichi HAPPY na Onna no Ko
2. Meguru Koi no Kisetsu
3. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu
4. Momoiro Sparkling
5. Edo no Temari Uta II
MC - Wrestling Team from Rio Olympics, make a guest appearance
6. EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!!
7. Campus Life ~Umarete Kite Yokatta~
8. Kokoro no Sakebi wo Uta ni Shitemita
9. LALALA Shiawase no Uta
10. Naze Hito wa Arasoun Darou?
MC
11. Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku
12. Kono Machi
13. Aitai Lonely Christmas
14. Tsugi no Kado wo Magare
15. Tokaikko Junjou
16. THE FUTURE
17. Tokai no Hitorigurashi
MC

Indies Medley
18. Wakkyanai(Z)
19. Sakura Chirari
20. Soku Dakishimete
21. Ooki na Ai de Motenashite
22. Massara Blue Jeans

MC
23. The Power
24. Aitte Motto Zanshin
25. Crazy Kanzen na Otona
26. The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~
27. I miss you
MC
28. Summer Wind
29. Bye Bye Bye!
30. Jinsei wa STEP!
31. SHOCK!
32. Love take it all
33. Namida no Iro
34. Kanashiki Heaven (Single Version)
MC
35. Kanashiki Amefuri
36. FOREVER LOVE
37. Adam to Eve no Dilemma
38. Aitai Aitai Aitai na
39. Arashi wo Okosunda Exciting Fight!
40. Dance de Bakoon!

--Encore--
41. GamushaLIFE
42. Arigatou ~Mugen no Yell~
43. Kiss me Aishiteru

Last edited by Solarblade on Mon Sep 05, 2016 8:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Ap2000"]
I'm confused.

It was their last concert, but they won't disband until next year?

Or are the next/final concerts just °C-ute-only?
[/quote]

They aren't participating in the Winter concerts, for whatever reason. 
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

The girls are prioritizing their (meaning C-ute's) activities over H!P as a whole.  

I'm taking this to mean they want to do a good job of the fan club tours, bus tours, more handshake events, and solo lives concerts.  Birthday events are nice but they're not as high level as concerts. (Nah, BD events just don't bring in that much money.)

Sayu managed to pull off all of the above while still making it to her last H!P summer tour but maybe they want to do better coordination with C-ute.  Riho's grad events had such short turnaround time that I'm surprised they managed to pull it off at all.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

C-ute are probably going to have their own big tour that leads up to Saitama.
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kitaoji" data-cid="200084" data-time="1473101567">Sayu managed to pull off all of the above while still making it to her last H!P summer tour but</blockquote>Doing otherwise doesn't really seem an option when you're just one of 10 people in a group. Having an H!P concert without Morning Musume? Having a lot of Morning Musume concerts without their leader so she can do more solo events?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

There's an online petition to get C-ute to come to America. You should sign it, even if they already have plans to go abroad this winter, if UF catches wind it can only help.

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/prove-a-demand-for-c-ute-to-attend-a-usa-venue

It's at 200+ signatures already.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I wonder why UF would give in to petitions. I bet organizing everything (flight, visa, hotel, venue) would cost more than what they get from tickets and merch.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Setlist for 9/10 C-ute Day (was split into 3 events with 10 songs each

​Event #1

​1. Jounetsu Ecstacy
2. Bokura no Kagayaki
MC
3. YES! Shiawase
4. Kimi no Senpou - Hagiwara, Nakajima, Okai
5. Time Capsule
MC
6. Yokaze no Message
7. Bishoujo Shinri
8 "Ai wa Itsumo Itsumo"
9. The Treasure Box
MC - Single Announcement, release date 11/2
10. JUMP

​Event #2

​1. Digitalic 0 (LOVE)
2. Otoko to Onna to Forever
MC
3. Bagel ni Ham & Cheese
4. Big dreams
5. That's the POWER
MC
6. Attakai Ude de Tsutsunde
7. Akogare My Star
8. Midnight Temptation
9. Darling I LOVE YOU
MC
10. SHINES

​Event #3

​1. Urayanjau
2. Yuuwaku no Kyuujitsu
MC
3. Homerare Nobiko no Theme Kyoku
4. EVERYDAY YEAH! Kataomoi
5. Image Color
MC
6. Namida mo Denai Kanashiku mo Nai Nanni mo Shitakunai
7. As ONE
8. Kore Ijou Kirawaretakunai no
9. Iza Susume! Steady Go!
MC
10. Special Genera~tion
11. Wasuretakunai Natsu
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

The petition wasn't from UF, a director of a con said that they'd look into it if fans could prove a demand.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Really like how they mixed old and new songs. Event 1 is almost a perfect to me.
Campy <3 !
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="200187" data-time="1473532996">
The petition wasn't from UF, [...]
</blockquote>

I know lol

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Molly" data-cid="200187" data-time="1473532996">
[...] a director of a con said that they'd look into it if fans could prove a demand.
</blockquote>

So they'd try to invite them. I bet °C-ute has enough to do for their last 12 months by now.

Sorry if I sound so negative about petitions, I guess my experience with them was just really bad. I remember that there were fans trying to get a petition through for a fandom ship to become canon (Hetalia, US/UK), and/or fans trying to make the show writers make some main characters gay (Supernatural, Dean/Castiel). Don't get me wrong, petitions are a wonderful thing and it's important to have a way to request something from a big organization and to show that it's not the opinion of a single person, but a lot of these look to me like fans just want something without looking into the matter or actually realizing what their request is about.

For the °C-ute petition, I think they're just really late by now. They'd need to show it to the director now, every month later could be too late.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

[quote="DonJuan"]
[...] a director of a con said that they'd look into it if fans could prove a demand.
</blockquote>

So they'd try to invite them. I bet °C-ute has enough to do for their last 12 months by now.

[...]

For the °C-ute petition, I think they're just really late by now. They'd need to show it to the director now, every month later could be too late.
[/quote]

Someone asked several conventions about it and only Anime Matsuri's director answered and said that ("prove a demand"). He's already paying attention to the signatures [cf last "highlight" comment ] so it's kind of like they already showed it to him. But Anime Matsuri... :unsure:
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

C-ute Fes (9/5) digest was on H!S.