[2016.10.12] Angereme Tamura Meimi Solo Special Live [DVD]

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Madara
ANGERME

[2016.10.12] Angereme Tamura Meimi Solo Special Live [DVD]

Post by Madara »

Has anyone seen this solo concert by Meimi Tamura? I'm curious about it. (My header spells Angerme the way it's spelled on CDJapan, with the extra "e," if you want to order this.)

It was held on May 28, 2016 at Harajuku Quest Hall, Tokyo, and the DVD runs 60 minutes total, including concert and bonus footage.
It originally sold only through the fan club, but it's now on CDJapan and gets released on October 12.

3500 yen for an hour of Meimi. (That's $34.36.) I'm game.

Was this before or after her graduation from Angerme?

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2016.10.12] Angereme Tamura Meimi Solo Special Live [DVD]

Post by Anderei »

It was the day before she graduated.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Madara
ANGERME

Re: [2016.10.12] Angereme Tamura Meimi Solo Special Live [DVD]

Post by Madara »

I received my copy this week and watched it on Meimi's birthday. Definitely an unusual offering, with only about 45 min. of Meimi singing and it's not enough for me. (15 minutes is taken up with an MC segment with Ayaka.) She really hits the sweet spot after the first half-hour when she tackles a number of very soulful and dramatic songs, most of which were new to me, without any idol tics, just her and the mike and you get to see what she seemingly really wants to do and I hope she gets the chance to do it. Two of the songs were from special units from 2 years ago and two were from stage musicals, including one called "One Day," which I would have thought was a Broadway tune, but no, it's from the S/mileage musical, "Smile Fantasy," from 2014. Really good stuff and definitely a side of Meimi I haven't seen in the concerts or PVs.

Last edited by Madara on Sun Oct 30, 2016 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.