Tracklist
  1. WAVE / ウエーブ
  2. SAMBA DE UMA NOTA SO / ワンノート・サンバ
  3. AGUA DE BEBER / おいしい水
  4. GAROTA DE IPANEMA / イパネマの娘
  5. モーニングコーヒー (Morning Coffee)
  6. MAS QUE NADA / マシュケナダ
  7. CORCOVADO / コルコバード

She was on Full Chorus the other day promoting her album.

She sang Garota de Ipanema.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Re: [2016.07.20] Iida Kaori - ONDAS

Post by yuzuriha »

I really enjoy this mini album.  The only song I don't love is Morning Coffee.  Imagine my excitement when I discovered Mas Que Nada was the song on the Austin Powers soundtrack I was obsessed with?  Kaori's version is better.  Also, I think she looks beautiful on this cover.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I think I miiiiight check this out someday. I do like Kaori, but mostly it's the 99% Portuguese on here that intrigues me the most.  :rofl: Portuguese as a language is very close to Spanish in all but pronunciation (it's very cute in how different it sounds), and since I've been learning Spanish (with a tiiiny bit of Portuguese), it'd be fun to see how much I can understand.

A lot of her older albums were French covers, right? She's moved from one Romance language to another, I love that.

BTW the katakana for the Portuguese is so wrong. Japan always make it look like Spanish, I've noticed.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Thu Sep 29, 2016 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neshcom
ANGERME

Post by neshcom »

ooooooooooh my god, Kaori's back. Her other solo album's fill a great, calm hole in my heart.

Her past albums had a mix of Japanese, French, Spanish, and Greek and Italian (I think).
Last edited by neshcom on Thu Sep 29, 2016 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="neshcom"]
Her past albums had a mix of Japanese, French, Spanish, and Greek and Italian (I think).
[/quote]

Ohoooo thank you! She's really versatile in her languages. *^*
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div><a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=5199&p=198933" title="">My thoughts posted int the UFP/OG thread</a> when it was released still apply:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>That cover is a perfect representation of the music: Meh. It's not that any of the songs are bad -- and Kaori sounds fine on all of them -- but it's completely one-dimensional. The songs just blur together to the point where it's hard to discern where one ends and the next begins. Koari's delivery is exactly the same for every song, because the arrangements are exactly the same for every song*. And can we please stop raping the corpse of "Morning Coffee"? </div>
<div> </div>
<div>I think a lot of fans will like this, because it's Iida and she sounds pretty good, but I was hoping for something a bit less stultifying and a bit more satisfying.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>*Yes, I know I'm basing this on :45 clips, but I'm also guessing the chance that any of the arrangements contain radical transitions approaches zero.</div>