[2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Post by Anderei »

I knew the power of handshakes would come through. Especially now that we know what Oricon's bulk buying cap is.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Post by Anderei »

They dropped to 4 today, 3 sold about 4100 copies.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

But this means Tsubaki is doing a loooot better than expected right?
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, I'd say they're a shoo-in for 35k on Oricon unless things go very wrong the rest of the week. They've also outsold CG, Anju and Kobushi's last singles on Billboard and are about 9k away from beating JJ.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Feb 23, 2017 8:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Are they really going to do it? Is this a repeat of the Berryz/C-ute story?? Is Tsubaki going to overtake their rival group??? lol...
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think the underdog story is in full effect. You can't make a judgement off of one single, especially since they'll almost certainly see a decline with the next few once the hype dies down.

Edit: I also don't see them ever winning because management clearly loves Kobushi and they don't suck on stage.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Feb 23, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

They might beat JJ's latest single, but as Anderei said, it depends a lot on what happens afterwards. Remember Juice=Juice's first year? About until Ijiwaru Shinaide? I'd say many H!P fans were totally in awe of how well they were doing. They sold more than Berryz and S/mileage. One year later, around Senobi, the hype had cooled down a lot. One year after that many people started to forget about J=J, despite them getting their first weekly #1. 

Also, maybe one day Tsubaki will surpass Kobushi. I mean °C-ute did surpass Berryz, too, but that was when management lost interest in Berryz. So maybe... it really depends on what the company does with the group.

It's kind of sad to see that you can do nearly nothing about the success of your group as a member.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

C-ute's success was also a whole lot of luck. You can do everything right but it doesn't always mean people are gonna take the bait.

Funny enough, that #1 they got was the only single JJ released that year. You figure they'd release another one just to celebrate or something. I can't remember the last time a main group that was actively focused on only released one single in a year besides them.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Tsubaki is the shiny new thing. Let's see how they're doing a year from now before we proclaim them to be the next C-ute.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Juice=Juice constantly releasing shitty boring singles didn't help them to be noticed honestly lol
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

True, and I find them to be even more boring than MM personality-wise.

Down to 7 today.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Now that's something that could happen to Tsubaki, too - it's not like they are that charismatic. Aside from Mao maybe.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They're back up to 4. 3 sold 5k.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Note to self: start paying attention to this group.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~