[2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

MejraThea
ANGERME

[2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Post by MejraThea »

Major debut single announced on the Hello! Station today, Triple A. Nothing else.
Last edited by MejraThea on Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Post by GaleKakumei »

Congratulations to them, hopefully they are ready for it, and we don't get another no-go live song.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Post by DonJuan »

I'm still excited for 2baki because I know nothing about them.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
[/quote]

That's probably for the best, lol!

They've definitely improved since they debuted, but no one is ever gonna mistake them for ANGERME or even Kobushi Factory.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="201688" data-time="1477495168">
<div>
[/quote]

That's probably for the best, lol!

They've definitely improved since they debuted, but no one is ever gonna mistake them for ANGERME or even Kobushi Factory.

</div>
</blockquote>

I think that as long as no one mistakes them for Morning Musume,, they've achieved a pretty damn good feat...  :thumbsup:
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Saori has given them some much needed vocal power. Just depends on what musical direction they take. They could just do what MM did starting with 123 and release dance songs that overshadow the singing. UFP just doesn't know what to do with them. These were just popular Kenshuusei who didn't fit Kobushi's image that they wanted to debut.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Akiyama Mao is going to have my full attention from that group.

Also, isn't one of their songs going to be an anime tie-in? I feel like that's what I remember from the surprise debut announcement.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

There hasn't been much info besides that they'll show off one of the tracks at their next FC event.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

At today's FC event, Tsubaki performed a new song, "Just Try!" from the upcoming single.

-Tsunku apparently is behind it according to Risamaru
-Mao is lead

Link for the song - http://www.mediafire.com/file/r6a36jabcdcxbda/
Last edited by Solarblade on Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

https://youtu.be/aCyVi0_JDc0

Song on YouTube.

----

As I said in the ranking thread, Tsubaki just can't win (for me). The backtrack sounds pretty cool but the harmony line... I don't know. (Also, who's it that's so much off in the beginning? What the hell...)

Tsubaki as a group feels so un-EDM. I mean it covers for the fact that they don't have much character (2nd gen aside, not judging them yet) nor do they sing that well, but still...
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Solarblade"]
-Mao is lead
[/quote]

THE ERA OF MAO IS HERREEEE

But yeah the song doesn't do too much for me. That chorus feels pretty unimaginative. 
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

It feels like they kind of randomly shoved Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni in, lol. I didn't mind it until that part came out, not that I dislike Itsumo, but it just feels jarring.

Mao lead, though... sign me up.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

lol they sound terrible (which is why it's odd to me y'all are so excited about the Mao lead because if that's her then....) but the song might fare better with a studio version. The song is very generic C-ute/MM.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Anderei"]
lol they sound terrible (which is why it's odd to me y'all are so excited about the Mao lead because if that's her then....) but the song might fare better with a studio version. The song is very generic C-ute/MM.
[/quote]

For Mao, I like her general charm/spunk and her good dancing. Her singing is aiight, nothing special. But I think she'll work the camera/stage as a lead more than any of the original girls. The fact they put her as a lead on her first single emphasizes that to me.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

A small part of their performance:

https://youtu.be/sh-iQJlTHEY

Well, it's Tsubaki.

Also, I'm sure dressing up like an Office Lady must be a kink, but other than that it feels like they're trying to make them even less attractive.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

From what they said I think those aren't the outfits for Just Try. They mentioned showing skin and the PV is outside.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

That dance break was pretty sweet. Really looking forward to this single. H!P needs a consistent electronic group.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I listened to it and hated it, then came back after 10 minutes and it's not that bad, I'll end up liking it.

I hope those outfits were just for the show, though. (I mean, not for any of the other songs, either) The hate for those did not ebb.
smtmissin
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by smtmissin »

Only C-ute can make office outfit sexy (Forever Love and Middle management). I remember reading someone say that it's because Tsubaki is following C-ute's footstep that they are a failure compared to Kobushi-Berryz's offshoot. I can't say about failure as they are just starting with the new members, but if they ever fail that is probably because they are just a half-assed, poor imitation of C-ute.
Last edited by smtmissin on Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Ugh. This song is generic and boring. I hope their other songs are worth listening to. I did like the dance break with Mao, Saori, and Kiki though.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

I just realized what it reminds me of -- Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

Performance of Just Try thanks to the H!S. 
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Dec 07, 2016 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Another A-side, Uruwashi no Camelia.

Completely different from what we've seen from Tsubaki before.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

So Mao center and Saori center.... Mizuho center next? If so, this is one of the most memorable entrances a new gen has ever had, getting to each center a song.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

And on another note (what, not only MM today?), the costumes for Just Try are these:

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I really like Yumeno's short hair
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I like Ami's and Kisora's hairstyles.
Campy <3 !
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Kiki looks incredibly confident in this photo, which is unusual for this group.

The costumes go a long way towards making them look more like a group. They're very Morning Musume.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm just happy that they didn't dress them in grandma clothes this time.
And I agree, Kisora's hair looks nice.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Anderei"]
Kiki looks incredibly confident in this photo, which is unusual for this group.

The costumes go a long way towards making them look more like a group. They're very Morning Musume.
[/quote]

1000% agree. Happy to see my Kiki looking like a shining star.  :wub: I hated her looks, though I'm very used to them now, so I didn't give her a chance, but she's an incredibly sweet girl and charming.

All in all, I'm happy to see Tsubaki looking more and more pro. I was incredibly, incredibly doubtful about them, but even if they don't turn out great, they've charmed me, so at this point I'm past caring.