[2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Really? I feel like y'all are being too harsh on it.

I liked the PV a lot more than I expected to... the camera movements were cool, I liked the widescreen effect and I swear H!P upgraded their cameras this year.... Nothing amazing, but it's better than Hitrojime or Seishun.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2017.02.22] Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise / Just Try! / Uruwashi no Camellia

Post by GaleKakumei »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Mi
zu
ho.  :wub:

But lol, I thought the same thing, Gale.
[/quote]
When I saw it in Hatsukoi, I actually thought, "Wow, at least they are trying." lolol
Imo, they are setting a bad tone. They are coming off just as bland as J=J, but without the talent.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

J=J started out great, and quickly went downhill and turned bland. Tsubaki started out the other way, so they can only go up!  :rolleyes:

I really like Hatsukoi, and Just Try I can get used to. I don't know enough of the third one. But I think the Hatsukoi MV is pretty great and didn't notice it being similar to the CG one at all, actually.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I thought the Hatsukoi MV felt more like a combination of two different C-ute MVs. The white border is taken from the future, and the sunrise silhouette things reminded me of Summer Wind.

The song is also great, and I wished I had listened to the previews sooner.
Formerly Mizura
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

The rotating camera was an interesting gimmick, but sorry, I laughed each time it happened. xD
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

I came to like Hatsukoi Sunrise and I'm glad Saorin got lines !
Campy <3 !
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I liked it as well. Adding the 3 new members was the best thing to do for that group.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

The full PV is up! (Gotta get to work lol...)
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

As someone who's very critical of Tsubaki and hasn't enjoyed any of their releases, Hatsukoi Sunrise is quite ok. It's catchy. I'm not too fond of the effects in the girls' voices at some points, but I can live with it.
The MV is rather cool. A bit try-hard maybe, but at least they had an idea behind it - as in, it's not only a dance-shot / close-up kind of MV.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="DonJuan"]
As someone who's very critical of Tsubaki and hasn't enjoyed any of their releases, Hatsukoi Sunrise is quite ok. It's catchy. 
[/quote]

This is me... I've very much disliked Tsubaki from the get-go, but personally I really like this song. I still hate Just Try and didn't care for the live rip of Uruwashi, but this single song is gold to me.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Just Try sounds like something that would have been on Morning Musume's 14th album. But also a weird cross with a Berryz Koubou song whose name is escaping me at the moment.

I liked Hatsukoi Sunrise, and like others, I haven't really liked anything by them previously.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="kira"]
But also a weird cross with a Berryz Koubou song whose name is escaping me at the moment.
[/quote]

Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni.  :thumbsup:
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="204644" data-time="1485715753"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kira" data-cid="204643" data-time="1485715393">
But also a weird cross with a Berryz Koubou song whose name is escaping me at the moment.
</blockquote>

Ai wa Itsumo Kimi no Naka ni. :thumbsup:</blockquote>
That's exactly the one!
Last edited by kira on Sun Jan 29, 2017 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

The chorus is very Berryz, while everything before it screams Morning Musume '14... I think it's mainly the human beat. Idk how to describe it... The part from about 5 seconds in to 15 seconds in, that part.

Anyway I originally wanted to comment and say that Hatsukoi Sunrise is slowly surpassing Peanut Butter Jelly Love on its # of views on Youtube. I think Hatsukoi will definitely be their best liked and most popular song so far and maybe even into the next single.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

LQ of one of the covers:

Actually looks like it might be kinda nice.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Ahh, that's one of the covers for Uruwashi no Camellia. It does look nice and I think it's pretty suitable considering what we've heard of the song itself.  ^_^
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I wonder if they'll use the outfits in the PV. But yeah, that cover is quite nice.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

My guess is they'll have two outfits, those for the "scenic" scenes then something more realistic for the dance shot.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Covers:

Reg A

Reg B

Reg C

Lim A

Lim B

Lim C

LE Special Edition:
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Tsubaki's finally getting some love!
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, except for that last cover. It's like they forgot the special edition existed and had to make a cover for it yesterday.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

The Reg A cover is great. Definitely the best.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

Uruwashi no Camelia preview is out

I actually like this one! They are reminding me of another idol group, but I can't figure out which... for now, I guess I'd say Passpo.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I like it more than I thought. Can't listen to ot right now since I'm on the train but I like the idea.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Ah the first time I heard Urueashu no Camelia I thought of Sakura Taisen and then they used outfits from the same era. \:D/ I like this MV very much because of what it reminds me of.

I'm really surprised how much I'm enjoying this single. Like I'm shocking even myself.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

They even used lyrics from the same era!  :lol: The song itself, lyrics-wise, is modern, and anyone looking at the romaji wouldn't know it, but they dragged up all of this really old kanji, archaic punctuation, and even archaic grammar and then just put furigana above it all.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Tsubaki went from getting the worst MVs and (one could debate) bad songs to the best MVs and interesting songs..... I guess I can't complain.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Covers ranked:

<div>Reg C</div>
<div>Lim A</div>
<div>Reg A</div>
<div>LE</div>
<div>Lim C</div>
<div>Lim B</div>
<div>Reg B</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I like "Uruwashi no Camelia" a lot. TF appears to have progressed quite a bit from their indie debut, and they have enough younger girls to build upon for the future. </div>
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="arcobaleno"]
They even used lyrics from the same era!  :lol: The song itself, lyrics-wise, is modern, and anyone looking at the romaji wouldn't know it, but they dragged up all of this really old kanji, archaic punctuation, and even archaic grammar and then just put furigana above it all.
[/quote]

That old 々really weirded me out seeing it at first.. 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The Uruwashi no Cameillia MV seems good. It looks more like something non H!P idol groups would get. And the song has grown on me a lot. I think I like it more than Hatsukoi Sunrise.
Formerly Mizura