Momoko T. to graduate Country Girls/H!P on 6/30

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

Momoko T. to graduate Country Girls/H!P on 6/30

Post by Solarblade »

http://www.helloproject.com/news/6012/

Announced at the live event today.  Going to focus on becoming a Kindergarten teacher.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: Momoko T. to graduate Country Girls/H!P on 6/30

Post by momoirosaya »

Well it couldn't last forever. At least her graduation single will be the first single ever to have the same line-up twice in a row.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

Saw UP-FRONT LINK post "Concerning Momoko Tsugunaga" and thought "Oh shit, end of an era." ℃-ute is also supposed to disband that month. I guess it would be too busy and lacking focus to try to cram them into one "Kids Get Out Graduation Special", though.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It had to happen some day, but I don't like her graduating in the same month as °C-ute though. That's going to be one big overkill.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Truly the end of an era, y'all.  I'm actually lowkey upset about this LOL she has been one of my favorite H!P members for years now.  She and Sayumi pretty much summed up everything an idol is supposed to be imo.  The only other graduation to sting this much for me was probably Kamei.  We all knew this was coming soon but I was hoping we'd get at least one more year out of 'er.
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Nov 05, 2016 4:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Come to think of it, that also means she won't be up for H!P leadership. So, let's hope they won't focus more on the flagship group thing than actual seniority. Because if Mizuki is going to become leader instead of Dawa I'm gonna kick a puppy.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

She's 25 next year and that seems to be the magical number in H!P if you don't leave before then.

I wonder if they plan on adding new girls again next year.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I'm both surprised and not surprised. I've come to respect Momoko a lot, so I'm happy for her, especially that she's pursuing her dream. She's put a lot of work into it.

It really is the end of an era.

I hope Country Girls takes her leadership and lessons to heart.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Sat Nov 05, 2016 6:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Because if Mizuki is going to become leader instead of Dawa I'm gonna kick a puppy.
[/quote]

I think Dawa will get it, but Dawa probably won't be around much longer, either.... she has at max 3 years.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

I'm actually really sad about this. I hated Momoko in BK, but in Country Girls she became one of my favourites. Now I'm sad.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by GaleKakumei »

I've loved Berryz for a long time, and once they announced their hiatus I kind of came to terms with not seeing them anymore. Momo in CG was a nice treat and so is PINK CRES. for Miyabi, but I am totally happy with her decision. I hope the best for her. She has been a great role model for the other girls for a years now, and actually... well, doing something with her life might make a nice impact on the girls.
Based on the dates and previous statements, it feels like KIDS will just be having a joint graduation.
Last edited by GaleKakumei on Sat Nov 05, 2016 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

To be honest, I am not that surprised, but I'm sad. She was one of my favourite members, and it's never nice to see your favourites go.
But yeah, it is truly the end of an era.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm not really surprised either. She's getting old for an H!P idol and it would be kind of weird to have her still be around after C-ute left.

I'm still sad about this though. She really helped Country Girls out and she was a true idol.
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I was bummed at how many people were pissed that she was added to CG, so it's nice to see these reactions to her graduation. 

I always likes Momoko -- mainly because of Buono! -- and I thought her role in CG was just right. Always knew it was temporary, but it's still a downer to see another quality idol leaving H!P.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Momochi comments from her press interview:

-"Of course, I love being an idol. I like being called cute, I've met lots of people, being with my fans was a happy place for me. But I love children just as much as I love all of that. I had the thought in college that I wanted to study about children.... .... and although I wondered 'is it okay for someone like me to be a teacher' I want to challenge myself, and so I decided on graduating."

-"Although I've studied this, I think I'm still a bit ignorant with it. So more than 'I want to do this!' I think I'd like to pinpoint what exactly I want to do with Kindergarteners."

-The other members knew a week before the public announcement.

- Ozeki: "Although I think I'm the cutest in CG, Momochi-senpai says the same thing. I feel our characters are butting. So with her graduating, I feel my powerful rival----although I'm sad she's leaving, I feel I can take that role over. I'd like to then become the cutest member."

-"I contacted them. C-ute has decided to disband in June as well, on a close day. Although they're sort of generation-mates to me in a way, I've been with the new members for 2 years now. so I'd like to spend time with CG. I've been leading them since they were new idols, and I'm glad I've raised some good members who can help be part of H!P."

-"I let Tsunku know, as well... ..He told me 'Good job until now' and I was very happy. and so I'm very happy I've been able to been to true H!P's meaning till the end."

-They all wonder who will get the pink color next.

-When Momoko contacted Satoda Mai, Satoda said 'Though it's a bit early to say 'goob job,' thank you for leading Country Girls.'"

Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Not really shocked at this but, I was kinda expecting her to stay in a few more years and have leadership. Oh well. I wonder if they're going to go back to the system of lending other H!P member, probably Morning Musume, to Country Girls? I can kinda see them putting Masaki in it and transferring her over there as her MM graduation and have her be the new face of the group. 
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

haha. Ozeki throwing some major shade.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I feel like I should be sad since this is like the true end of berryz in Hello! Project but I'm just not.   I mean Momoko was my least favorite member the last few years of berryz and I haven't been paying attention to country girls at all.  In any case I don't like HATE her, so I truly wish her the best, and honestly think she'll make a really good kindergarten teacher!
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="yuzu"]
 I truly wish her the best, and honestly think she'll make a really good kindergarten teacher!
[/quote]

I think you're probably right about this. 
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="yuzu" data-cid="201970" data-time="1478622548">
<div>
 I truly wish her the best, and honestly think she'll make a really good kindergarten teacher!
[/quote]

I think you're probably right about this. 
</div>
</blockquote>

She's definitely right; Skoban has translated quite a few interviews (they're all great, worth a read) and not only has she put in every effort to learn her craft, she even did practical training, too.

This is one of my favorite interviews she's done, and it's this one you can truly see what a great mind and spirit she has. She's someone to look up to, and not only that, you can get a sense, from this, just exactly how great a teacher she'll be to those young minds.

I respect her just as much as I do Sayu. She's great, even if her Berryz character gave me nightmares.
Last edited by arcobaleno on Tue Nov 08, 2016 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sheikhyerbutay
つばきファクトリー

Post by sheikhyerbutay »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Valerie" data-cid="201879" data-time="1478355547">
I'm actually really sad about this. I hated Momoko in BK, but in Country Girls she became one of my favourites. Now I'm sad.</blockquote>
I understand what you are saying. Momoko the singer/actress I admired greatly. Momochi, the ultra-conceited stage persona she type cast herself as........... I got tired of real fast.

When Momoko got the gig with Country Girls I ignored them thinking it would be Momochi all over again. That is until I saw Dou Datte ii No. Wow! I loved it!!!! Now that I am excited to see more of CG, she up and announces her retirement from the entertainment industry. *sighs* :doh:

At least we can go back and watch two years of Momoko at CG on Youtube. She will be missed.
Last edited by sheikhyerbutay on Tue Nov 22, 2016 8:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

°C-ute!  Okai Chisato  Yajima Maimi  Suzuki Airi  Nakajima Saki  Hagiwara Mai
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Last concert :

Opening acts (in order)

Angerme - Tsugi Tsugi Zoku Zoku

Tsubaki Factory - Hatsukoi Sunrise

Kobushi Factory - Sharara Yareru Hazu sa

Juice=Juice - Wonderful World

Morning Musume - Aozora ga Itsumade mo Mirai de Are
Last edited by Meikochi on Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So how was the show, Meikochi? What was it like in that venue, outdoors? I'm watching a download. Where were you sitting? I'm looking for people I know in the audience shots. This is very exciting. I've got a backlog of concerts to watch without even buying the physical media! A brave new world.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Re: your spoiler. I just ordered her 3-disc album from CDJapan. That should help.