[2017.02.08] Country Girls 5th Single - Good Boy Bad Girl / Peanut Butter Jelly Love

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Re: [2017.02.08] Country Girls 5th Single - Good Boy Bad Girl / Peanut Butter Jelly Love

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204205" data-time="1484337931">
County Girls sounds like they're inmates :ph34r:</blockquote>
Makes Good Boy Bad Girl a perfect single for them
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2017.02.08] Country Girls 5th Single - Good Boy Bad Girl / Peanut Butter Jelly Love

Post by DonJuan »

Now on, a project with inmates from a female only prison: County Girls!
Debuting with their single "I stabbed you and took your money, gomen ne!"
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Mmh, isn't county as an adjective an equivalent of aristocratic ?

Also covers are good, I like them all.
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="204214" data-time="1484354224">

Debuting with their single "I stabbed you and took your money, gomen ne!"</blockquote>
The Japanese version of Orange is the New Black.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="204214" data-time="1484354224">

</blockquote>
The Japanese version of Orange is the New Black.[/quote]

I can tell the wota will already say Risa should be Nicky, lol.

But the real question is who Momochi would be.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Meikochi"]

Also covers are good, I like them all.
[/quote]

A Count (which is a title) is an aristocrat. A county is what a state is made up of. It usually contains about 10-20 cities, so the size goes from State->County->City.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Well, we have to also think of the true blessing. They could've forgotten the R and the O.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204228" data-time="1484373956"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="204215" data-time="1484356953">
</blockquote>
A Count (which is a title) is an aristocrat. A county is what a state is made up of. It usually contains about 10-20 cities, so the size goes from State->County->City.</blockquote>
Thanks TicTac ! But why is everyone talking about inmates and jail then ?

And good point Arco lol.
Last edited by Meikochi on Sat Jan 14, 2017 12:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="204224" data-time="1484373159"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="204220" data-time="1484372502"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="204214" data-time="1484354224">

Debuting with their single "I stabbed you and took your money, gomen ne!"</blockquote>The Japanese version of Orange is the New Black.</blockquote>

I can tell the wota will already say Risa should be Nicky, lol.

But the real question is who Momochi would be.</blockquote>
Crazy Eyes.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Meikochi"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204228" data-time="1484373956">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Meikochi" data-cid="204215" data-time="1484356953">
</blockquote>
A Count (which is a title) is an aristocrat. A county is what a state is made up of. It usually contains about 10-20 cities, so the size goes from State->County->City.</blockquote>
Thanks TicTac ! But why is everyone talking about inmates and jail then ?

And good point Arco lol.

[/quote]

In the United States, jails are generally run by cities or counties, where prisons are run by states or the federal government.

Hence the term, County Jail. 

For example. The city that I live in is part of Middlesex county. While we have jails throughout the county, there's on specifically called, Middlesex County Jail. Depending on how severe your crime is, depends on where you end up within the system. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

An easier way to think of it is that jail is where you're held until you've been sentenced. Prison is where criminals go.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Thank you Q and Anderei !!

It killed two birds with one stone since I didn't even know jail and prison were different things.
Campy <3 !
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

It's too bad that the Misspelling of Country Girls happened on the Peanut Butter cover, if it was on the Good Boy Bad Girl ones, it actually would've made more sense.
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Saya"]

</blockquote>
The Japanese version of Orange is the New Black.

[/quote]

So... it's like Orange is the New black meets Glee?

By the way, they corrected the typo.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Jan 16, 2017 2:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

H!S edit of Peanuts Butter Jelly Love

That "doko kara, doko made" translated as "From our heads to our toes" has me furious, but at the same time I love the translation. I really would have liked it if they translated the title/line in the song as "Peanut butter & jelly love" but oh welllll.

BUT WHA T THE EFF IS THAT TRANSLATION OF TH E CHORUSSSS.... They took out the good parts of the lines and just over simplified it. Disappointed.

Nanamin too cute.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Jan 18, 2017 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

First time listening to PBJL and maybe its the grammatical nutjob i am, but "peanuts butter"? Prolly some pronunciation quirk i bet
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I really like it, it's a simple song, but it's a good one. The science lab scenes were totally stolen from Sakura Gakuin's Science Club's group MV though. They were dressed the exact same way, and even the lab looked similar.
Formerly Mizura
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="Solarblade"]
First time listening to PBJL and maybe its the grammatical nutjob i am, but "peanuts butter"? Prolly some pronunciation quirk i bet
[/quote]
 The Japanese word for peanut butter is peanuts butter, so it is correct. TicTac doesn't like it though  :tongue:
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Thea"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solarblade" data-cid="204330" data-time="1484761328">
<div>
[/quote]
 The Japanese word for peanut butter is peanuts butter, so it is correct. TicTac doesn't like it though  :tongue:

</div>
</blockquote>

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

BUT THAT CHORUS TRANSLATION BOTHERS YOU TOO, RIGHT THEA?

Right?

I'm not alone in that am I? Q_Q

How do you get "I could not be honest with myself" out of something that's more like "For me, who is too serious and a bit twisted,"
aaaannnd
"It's ok to be honest" from "to learn it's okay to say out loud, 'it's delicious!'" (...."You're the person who taught me. Thank you, my darling."...)
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Thea" data-cid="204335" data-time="1484762075">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solarblade" data-cid="204330" data-time="1484761328">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

:tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

BUT THAT CHORUS TRANSLATION BOTHERS YOU TOO, RIGHT THEA?
Right?

How do you get "I could not be honest with myself" out of something that's more like "For me, who is too serious and a bit twisted,"
aaaannnd
"It's ok to be honest" from "to learn it's okay to say out loud, 'it's delicious!'" (...."You're the person who taught me. Thank you, my darling."...)

</div>
</blockquote>

You are so not alone, I was complaining to Thea about it while she did the romaji!
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204336" data-time="1484762396">BUT THAT CHORUS TRANSLATION BOTHERS YOU TOO, RIGHT THEA?
Right?

aaaannnd
"It's ok to be honest" from "to learn it's okay to say out loud, 'it's delicious!'" (...."You're the person who taught me. Thank you, my darling."...)</blockquote>
You are most definitely not alone. They make you think they're going to do better after Kobushi no Hana, then they revert back to their hideous form.
Last edited by MejraThea on Wed Jan 18, 2017 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

LOVE IT. Guys. I love this so much????
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I liked it a lot as well. The lyrics feel kind of cheesy but because of the overall light tone, I didn't really pay much attention to them.

The lab scenes do look like a rip off of Slience Boy Science Girl but it's not the big of a deal. I liked that they were allowed to have personality in the MV instead of being completely straight faced for the whole thing.
Formerly Mizura
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

I really like it a lot, it's a very relaxing and refreshing song! Momoko's opening part thoughhhhh.  :cryalot: If they ever perform it live in concert after she leaves, I wonder who they'll give that part to.

I'm glad they're starting to give Ozeko lower lines, her natural range is nice on her.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

It's perfect. I love it. ; A ; Momo without a doubt sounds the best here though. I really feel like they could have changed some lyrics and made it a solo for her. I can understand why she might not want a solo though, it was very clear from the beginning what her place in the group was. She's always been a strong backbone and kind of took the background as support.

Anyway, I think Risa would do the opening line best once Momo leaves, but I expect it to go to Nanami or Funakki.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

[quote="TheParuProject"]
Anyway, I think Risa would do the opening line best once Momo leaves, but I expect it to go to Nanami or Funakki.
[/quote]

Same exactly.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

My bet is on Funakki getting it, or possibly Risa. But if they're trying to go for the overly cute opening, Chii-chan might even grab it. 

The choreographer did a really really good job with this song, as well. It's not easy to incorporate peanuts and jam into the dance moves, but she did it in a very catchy way. And the lyrics, while disgustingly sweet, have nice meaning behind them. And I'm super glad they didn't go the American route... We all know a song that goes something along the lines of "You're the peanut butter to my jelly, the straw to my berry, the apple to my pie" all that shit. And it drives me insane. They just kept it at peanut butter and jelly, two complementary things. No more :)

Finally, I really wonder how Risa feels about becoming the next leader? I bet she's excited but nervous. I'm anxiously awaiting their next single with her as the leader!!
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204453" data-time="1485214110">We all know a song that goes something along the lines of "You're the peanut butter to my jelly, the straw to my berry, the apple to my pie" all that shit. And it drives me insane.</blockquote>

No, I can't say that I do know any songs like that. But I sure wish I did! LOL. Sounds fantastic.

But I'm so excited for Risa to be the leader. I love her so much, I'm sure she'll do great. <3 #YamakiGirls