[2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: [2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Post by TicTacAnyone »

That chorus dance triggered me so much it's so bad.

But other than that I love it all.

I was actually contemplating doing a freestyle to Jealousy Jealousy and posting it because it's such a good dance song, yet the choreographer made it all weird....
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Wed Feb 22, 2017 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aine
ANGERME

Re: [2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="205400" data-time="1487766392">Jealousy Jealousy Harosute vers.
https://youtu.be/5BH8DpdQm4c</blockquote>Very nice MV, but the song still makes me yawn. I was hoping it would improve a little compared to a radio rip, but nope. Too bad.

But damn I'm so glad they upped their MV game recently. I don't mind watching a great video even when the song is mediocre, and it may even help me warm up to the song itself.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="205415" data-time="1487787585">
Wow, they are noticeably out of sync on this choreography even for a jpop group LOL.

I actually really like Jealousy Jealousy, reminds me of a lot of 90's music I like.
</blockquote>

It's odd because MM are about as in sync as a jpop group gets normally. Maybe this choreo was extra rushed.

[/quote]

I noticed this on BNM (I like this abbreviation), as well. It's especially noticeable on that early overhead shot of the turning-cross move, but there are other times, too.

I like Jealousy's video and song, and BNM has grown on me a bit. The verses are pretty sweet, with the minimalist arrangement and odd melody. The chorus still feels out of place to me, though.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Mezamashi has named it the marching dance. H!P should hire whoever came up with that.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I think I've said this already but I seriously love 13th gen so much already.  Kaede was a bit strained on the higher notes but it didn't hurt me the way, say, Riho did sometimes.  I'm just disappointed that they mainly showed us Yokoyoko doing shouting parts.  I really like both of their voices, just the quality of them.  This might be the first time I have loved every voice in a (non solo) generation at joining since second gen?!

Oh and Sakura slayed.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Yocolate's nervousness was adorable... I hope they show her recording next single to see if she's more used to it. I think she has a decent voice but her nervousness undermined her.

Kaedii was just so cool and calm, but her messing up of the "Dare yori mo saikyou" was adorable. :lol: I love how she can just fluidly switch between "cool bitch" and "sweet dork." Even Taisei kept calling her cool.

13ki.  :wub:

(Also yuzu, I'm the same with 2ki, they were amazing and good despite all having different voices. I haven't liked a full gen, voice-wise, since them.)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Kaede sounds pretty good, if not great. Yoko is about par for MM's course. Ayumi is Ayumi. And of course, right after I rag on Sakura for regressing and being a boring singer, she delivers one of her better performances. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I thought Kaede sounded shouty... Yoko sounded better in the recording than the actual song.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Okay but can we talk about Kaede's (freestyle?) dance here:wub:
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Kaede's recording was great! She's already much more pleasant to the ear than a lot of the other girls which is nice.

So, on another note, Maachan has been cleared to perform in their spring tour. What do you guys think will happen to these songs? Will they just throw in her as ensemble or give her solo lines?

If she gets featured as much as one can usually expect of her, we can probably expect to see Eripon and Miki's prominence in this single go waaayy down.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="TheParuProject"]
Kaede's recording was great! She's already much more pleasant to the ear than a lot of the other girls which is nice.

So, on another note, Maachan has been cleared to perform in their spring tour. What do you guys think will happen to these songs? Will they just throw in her as ensemble or give her solo lines?

If she gets featured as much as one can usually expect of her, we can probably expect to see Eripon and Miki's prominence in this single go waaayy down.
[/quote]

Naah, she'll probably just have the chorus along with other girls and they'll give her solos during other performances of the MM concert. She'll be less noticeable when they perform this single as a whole but they'll probably feature her in the rest of the concert like they normally would.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Sato is going to need more rest during concerts than other girls, so I could see her sitting this song out completely. If not, then I agree with TicTac that she'll be a background girl for it.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Sato will be like Sakura in 1·2·3 and Wakuteka, just singing the "one, two three" and "shake it up"
Image Hey
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

In response to post #161, I'm totally down with Kaga-cam.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XdV88f-OxCA

Jealousyx2 MV.

I feel like everything Tsunku knows about rapping he learned from some late 90s kid show.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I just finished watching. I was going to post the video and not say anything so I wouldn't spoil anybody,

But now that's not the case, I'm just not able to form an opinion. From the 2nd rap onwards everything is just so weird but I like it.
I will never understand how can the give raps to the main vocalist instead of throwing them to the worst singers, specially since Erina has had raps in the past, I was expecting her to have 1 verse here.

Miki's 2nd solo was also unexpected, and I really was expecting at least Maria to have a short solo in the 2nd part of the song but no, Maria-ogata-akane were completely left out from this single.
Maria went from Sou Janai to 2012 Kanon, I hope it's only because it's 13ki debut because I was enjoying Maria's push.
Last edited by Derby on Mon Feb 27, 2017 12:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Well Ayumi is rapping and she kinda sucks at singing so does that count?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Even then, this is still like the best MM song since Endless Sky for me, lolol....
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="Anderei"]
Well Ayumi is rapping and she kinda sucks at singing so does that count?
[/quote]
Ayumi sucks at both, but I was only talking about Sakura, I kinda understand giving some raps to Miki since she can do it in English and that goes well with the 90's kids show thing.
Image Hey
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

I have no idea how to feel. Jealousy Jealousy is the best Tsunku MM song I've heard for a while (2016 was a crap year for Tsunku songs IMO) but those raps.. the first one was cool until the end. Second one was stupid.

But I guess the rap was a good way to give other girls (read: Ayumi) some focus.

I thought their previous single did a great job of giving every girl something to do (sans Ogata) while still giving focus to certain vocalists so it's really disappointing to see this all this Mizuki/Sakura/MaachanMiki again.
And as someone who dislikes Maachan but STRONGLY dislikes Miki, I sure miss Maachan now. LOL

So as a whole, I would say it's a slightly better single than the last one, and WAY better than Utakata/Vision/Tokyo. Good debut, 13th gen. :weeeh:
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="205549" data-time="1488184626">I feel like everything Tsunku knows about rapping he learned from some late 90s kid show.</blockquote>

They're quoting Rapper's Delight in baseball caps. Like how 90's can you get.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I actually thought this was one of the better raps they've done. Usually they border on embarrassing.

As long as they don't have them flipping their mics again, we're all good.
Last edited by Zoe on Mon Feb 27, 2017 5:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I liked it a lot. The song was okay but the raps made it better and kind of saved it for me. Although I had a hard time taking things seriously after the second one and when they started throwing those water balloon things. And it did feel like a Tsunku song and I was surprised to hear some of those male vocals that are more prevalent in older songs.
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Please rescue me from this rap.

J-j-j-jealousy.

It's actually a pretty fun song if you only listen to the raps.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I love the song even if the rap is a little silly.  I'm glad Miki got that middle line but I feel she could have gone for it more.  There's definitely a difference between her line and Sakura's and Mizuki's.

Made by Haru!
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

``I'm rich, I'm young, I'm girly, I'm skinny and I'm a little bit of a bitch.´´
Image Hey
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

The rap redeemed the song for me and I love the video.  This song is still a meh for me but I'm excited for this single as a whole now.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Yeah, well... I like the song, but am not a fan of the rap parts. It's a nice song nonetheless, so I guess it's okay.