[2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Vikitty
ANGERME

[2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Post by Vikitty »

Five editions (Limited A, B, special ed, regular A, B.) Only a b-side this time -- I feel like we've been spoiled with all the 3-song singles lately. Also this year is the 20th anniversary of Morning Musume! (I feel old...)
http://www.helloproject.com/news/6350/

Masaki won't be involved in the single at all. Poor Maachan. :(
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/entry-12241730980.html
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
AquaChan
ANGERME

Re: [2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="Valerie"]
Masaki won't be involved in the single at all. Poor Maachan. :(
http://ameblo.jp/morningmusume-10ki/entry-12241730980.html
[/quote]

The more it goes, the more it screams "graduation" to me :(
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Solarblade
ANGERME

Re: [2017.03.08] Morning Musume ‘17 - BRAND NEW MORNING/Jealousy Jealousy (63rd single)

Post by Solarblade »

Special Edition? maybe that's where we'll get Morning Misoshiru?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Probably.

Well, the Masaki situation sounds more and more like Manakan's.
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="AquaChan" data-cid="204497" data-time="1485447092">
The more it goes, the more it screams "graduation" to me :(
</blockquote>

Same. If she can't even participate in the recording anymore....

As for the single, yay? A new format with this one and C-ute's, having a special edition, feels weird. But at least Kaedii's debut:wub:  :wub:  :wub:
Last edited by MejraThea on Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm glad it's a double a-side and not a triple. I have a better chance of liking both songs. I hope 13ki has a better debut then 12ki did.

I'm bummed Masaki won't be in this. I hope she's okay but I have a bad feeling about this.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

BRING BACK B SIDES 2017

(But where's Angerme and Kobushi's next single???)

Feels like they are eager to debut 13ki this time around, completely opposite of how long they made poor 12ki wait to debut. 

Nonetheless, I'm excited to see how they handle their secret weapon Maa-chan being MIA and bringing in two new girls. Hopefully they don't make it too Mizuki/Oda heavy. As always, it'd be nice to hear some of the other girls... The recording of this was Miki's chance to really put herself in the ring. Depending on how she did during the recording, we could be hearing more from her.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Masaki has only ever been the true lead of one a-side and it didn't even do that well. Recording wise no one will miss her. Their secret weapon doesn't really actually do a whole lot.

12th gen's late debut had a lot to do with their awkward announcement time now that we have the stupid year thing in the name. And probably also because it had the PreCure tie in. There's nothing holding them back this time.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Masaki was a lead in both Tokyo to Iu and Imasugu Tobikomu. 

She sang 31% percent of Sou Janai.... hell she sang half of Oh My Wish, which technically had Suzuki and Kudou as leads and center.... and had just as many solo lines as Sakura in My Vision (not to mention she was in almost every line). It's no secret she's been relied on for her vocals over the past year or so. 

And I get that the PreCure may have held them back last time, I just think it's funny it took a whole half of a year between their 57th and 58th single releases, but this time around it's less than 4 months apart. You've gotta think they have more confidence in this gen right away, no?  :puppyeyes:
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Not really, no. You even said it yourself that half a year is an unusually long time. This is just more back to normal.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

I am sorely disappointed in the lack of Maachan this single.  It's not so much the number of lines she had, it's more of the strategic selection.  Maachan does much better when she doesn't "open" a song - she sustains any swagger that was needed in Mukidashite or any chorus end-bits where she gets to mess with Teddy (see: Tokyo to iu Katasumi or all those "harmonizing" bits in Mukidashite).  

I understand why you would keep her off the main vocal recording, if simply because it feels "weird" to hear her voice during a performance when she's not there, but surely recording can occur independently of whatever exertions she needs for training.  I mean, they could put her on harmonies since she's been wanting to do that for some time.  It's not like people were rioting when Inaba Atsuko was doing it.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

They're really rushing this one out--barely a month's notice.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://twitter.com/MorningMusumeMg/status/824655131790618624

I sincerely hope those are not the outfits for one of the songs. They look like ugly marching band outfits... -_-
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ugly costumes are what they're all about these days.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Is that a really bad green screen??
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

I actually like those outfits...
sayu1991
こぶしファクトリー

Post by sayu1991 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="204521" data-time="1485467815">
Masaki has only ever been the true lead of one a-side and it didn't even do that well. Recording wise no one will miss her. Their secret weapon doesn't really actually do a whole lot.
</blockquote>

I couldn't disagree more. I will miss Maachan's voice very much and I'll definitely miss her in the PVs. I realize that technically speaking, Masaki's singing voice isn't the best in the group but to me it's the most appealing. She sings with a lot of soul and emotion and there's this quality to her voice that I can't put my finger on but is very pleasing to my ears.

I really pray that she recovers from this and isn't forced to graduate. I'm glad that they're giving her some real time off to heal but I still wish they'd have let her record the chorus and harmonies.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I think it's the first time in my life I see black and red costumes on any H!P artist
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Derby"]
I think it's the first time in my life I see black and red costumes on any H!P artist
[/quote]

Really?

Spoiler: [+]

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]
Not really, no. You even said it yourself that half a year is an unusually long time. This is just more back to normal.
[/quote]

Not sure how this disproves TTA's theory that they waited an unusually long time to release a single with the 12th gen because they didn't have confidence in them.

[quote="Mukuro"]
I actually like those outfits...
[/quote]

I like the idea of those outfits. The execution, not so much.

[quote="Sayu"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="204521" data-time="1485467815">
</blockquote>

I couldn't disagree more. I will miss Maachan's voice very much and I'll definitely miss her in the PVs. I realize that technically speaking, Masaki's singing voice isn't the best in the group but to me it's the most appealing. She sings with a lot of soul and emotion and there's this quality to her voice that I can't put my finger on but is very pleasing to my ears.[/quote]

Masaki isn't the best singer in MM, but she's one of the best. I'll miss her for sure, for most of the reasons you listed. 
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="204547" data-time="1485495319"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Derby" data-cid="204546" data-time="1485492084">
I think it's the first time in my life I see black and red costumes on any H!P artist</blockquote>
Really?

Spoiler: [+]

</blockquote>
And, on the top of my head, Anju with Tokku ni Hajimatteru ; I think it was ironic since I remember some complaints in the past that it was a very frequent association.

I'll also miss Masaki in the recording and hope it won't be the occasion to give Ayumi / Erina (/ Harunan) more lines but finally more to Miki.
Last edited by Meikochi on Fri Jan 27, 2017 3:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm hoping  it doesn't turn into a Mizuki and Sakura only kind of song. They are the better vocalists, but I want them to actually push 13ki in their first single and not have it be as crappy as 12ki's was.
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Since Kaede is already somewhat good I'm hopeful for her.

Come to think of it, they did announce the new single rather quickly - compared to last year. Especially since Kobushi is overdue for a new single, their last was released half a year ago (granted, they had an album in between).
Maybe it's because they want the miso soup song out for the commercial campaign. That might be the reason why they couldn't wait for Masaki, especially with the chance that she might not be able to come back in February either.

I'm not too much into Masaki's way of singing or performing, so I'm probably not going to miss her, but some people over there at H!O are the icing on the cake, once again. Sure, UF wants to release as many songs as possible with Masaki out. And sure, Masaki not being included is going to hurt their sales so much. Without Masaki, Sashihara won't be interested in MM anymore.
Honestly, some of her fans make it really hard to get interested in her. (I know that's petty, but they're really off-putting.)
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Not surprising that the special snowflake attracts annoying special snowflake fans.

Also, I don't think they're gonna release the soup song. Its just a modified cover of Morning Coffee isn't it?
Last edited by Anderei on Fri Jan 27, 2017 2:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

That hasnt stopped them before has it? Lol...also i think it was said that they were wanting to release the song in some way
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Lol! Every member of every idol group has annoying fans.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Of course, I mean I was a Zukki fan and tried not to look into her thread on H!O. It's just that some members have fans that are more annoying than other members.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Maria's creepy fans on H!O pretty much ruined me for her as well. I'm now at the point to where I tolerate her compared to some of the other members.

Masaki isn't the selling point of the group and while I am going to miss her (especially since it feels like a graduation from her is coming) her absence isn't going to dictate the fate of the group.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Mizura"]
Maria's creepy fans on H!O pretty much ruined me for her as well. I'm now at the point to where I tolerate her compared to some of the other members.

Masaki isn't the selling point of the group and while I am going to miss her (especially since it feels like a graduation from her is coming) her absence isn't going to dictate the fate of the group.
[/quote]

Honestly, I'm convinced if people like Abe, Sayumi or Riho leaving doesn't kill the group, there's not much that could. Her fans will just migrate elsewhere...