[2017.?.?] Morning Musume. '17 Spring Concert Tour ~THE INSPIRATION!~

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2017.?.?] Morning Musume. '17 Spring Concert Tour ~THE INSPIRATION!~

Post by DonJuan »

Interesting. But I don't expect too much. Ayumi subbed in for Masaki during the winter concerts so despite her being a rather bad singer I expect her to get some lines. Other than that mostly Masaki, probably.

H!P usually makes no big changes on such short notice. I remember when Reina felt bad once it was basically a Riho solo concert.
Mugi
モーニング娘。

Post by Mugi »

I laughed so hard when I saw they were both going to be out.  I really want to hear this concert now!

Made by Haru!
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm curious about this as well. I hope live performance of this gets uploaded somewhere.
Formerly Mizura
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Turns out Ayumi, Masaki, Duu and Miki covered the most.

It seems Reina got Mizuki's parts in BNM and Miki Sakura's, Ayumi and Masaki got the main parts of the opening medley and Mizuki's and Sakura's parts in TTIK. Miki covered Sakura for Inspiration with Masaki. Masaki got Mizuki's parts in JJ and Maria got Sakura's.

And I saved the best till last : Duu did all cats parts in Sexy Cat. I need to hear this.

(Credits to A on JPlop and various tweets from people who went to the concert).
Last edited by Meikochi on Sat May 13, 2017 4:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

[quote="Meikochi"]
And I saved the best till last : Duu did all cats parts in Sexy Cat. I need to hear this.
[/quote]

Lordy, I need to too! It'd be even greater if any video footage emerged.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Coming soon to a DVD magazine near you. (This fall!)

But in all honesty, it would make a great behind the scenes look on Hello!Station or something. What do you do when your two main vocalist suddenly get sick? That would have made for some great footage. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I like that they feel comfortable enough with Reina already to have her cover for Mizuki on a song. 
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

In BNM Miki got Mizuki's first solo and Reina got the second solo ("Ubau nakare") which makes sense since she already sings it in the second half of the song.
Last edited by Mukuro on Sat May 13, 2017 11:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Campy <3 !
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'd pay the whole DVD money on this version of the concert.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Meikochi"]
LQ fanrec of the Osaka afternoon show : http://www.mediafire.com/file/zctez0tu2dkt0zc/20170513_1500A0.MP3
[/quote]

This is like the most exciting MM concert in 2 years almost... I also would totally kill to watch a DVD ver of it. They should've filmed it in full if they could; some easy extra money for the company, lol.

Yokoyan seemed a little unstable, but it's impressive they gave her the lines she did. That's a pretty big accomplishment... More than Ogata, Haga or Iikubo has gotten, lol.

PS: This is how the concerts should sound, anyway. I still feel there's not enough diversity in lines the past year or so.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat May 13, 2017 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

Duu is down for the count! Concert(s) in Okayama cancelled. 

This weekend is definitely going on a DVD magazine, although don't expect more than 20 minutes or so.  Expect DVD magazines coming in October.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="kitaoji"]

This weekend is definitely going on a DVD magazine, although don't expect more than 20 minutes or so.  Expect DVD magazines coming in October.
[/quote]

Oh geez.... When's the last time an MM concert got cancelled!?! What a weird week.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kitaoji" data-cid="207626" data-time="1494736167">
<div>

[/quote]

Oh geez.... When's the last time an MM concert got cancelled!?! What a weird week.

</div>
</blockquote>

actually, they had to cancel their 12/10 Sapporo concert last year due to snowstorm and plane unable to land. (It ended up being really good and they were much better in Budokan two days after, instead of Zukkigrad where their voices were not up to snuff.)  The one before that, I think was 10/13/2014 due to typhoon proximity.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I mean they're 3 main girls, but if 10 girls are unable to perform it's weird.

Then again if Gomaki, Nacchi and Mari had fallen ill back in the day at the same time they might had done the same.
Last edited by DonJuan on Sat May 13, 2017 10:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Meikochi"]
LQ fanrec of the Osaka afternoon show : http://www.mediafire.com/file/zctez0tu2dkt0zc/20170513_1500A0.MP3
[/quote]

"LQ" is charitable. It sounds like the guy recorded it from outside the venue.  :lol: I tried, but gave up after like 20 seconds.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

With three girls down that means more might follow, there's obviously a flu bug making the rounds. Best to nip it in the butt now before everyone ends up getting it and let them all just chill for awhile. I'm sure the fans aren't happy. Especially those that wanted to see this rare concert.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Weird how Upcoming is now the place to watch the concert lives more than H!S >.>

Here is SONGS from their Budokan performance.

I know, I know, it's 13th gen's first Budokan. But it still continues to irritate me how little they give to the 12th/13th gens in terms of lines. In a group of now 13 girls, having 4 do like 80% of the solo lines is annoying af. I don't know why they continue to shun Miki, or even Maria at this point? I mean, I'd have to watch the whole concert to correctly judge this, though.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Jun 02, 2017 9:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
 I mean, I'd have to watch the whole concert to correctly judge this, though.
[/quote]

That's what I'm thinking, too. Particularly with a Platinum Era song where 80% of the solo lines were sung by two girls, lol.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Sakura was perfect. On the other hand, Ayumi's facial expressions (and voice) almost irritated me, she's still doing that indescriptible look at the camera that puts me off.
Campy <3 !
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Meikochi"]
Sakura was perfect. On the other hand, Ayumi's facial expressions (and voice) almost irritated me, she's still doing that indescriptible look at the camera that puts me off.
[/quote]

I know exactly what you're talking about... I've hated it since Wagamama and I swear I've made multiple comments on her dead eyes before..... *shivers*
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I actually kind of loved that a lot.  And this is the first time I've watched anything and thought Haga looked like she actually wanted to be there lol
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="yuzu"]
I actually kind of loved that a lot.  And this is the first time I've watched anything and thought Haga looked like she actually wanted to be there lol
[/quote]

Tbh, Haga has improved a lot this tour. I'm glad the dance teacher pushed her.... And Haga buying a mirror to practice at home was a great idea. Her stage presence has been upped....... Poor Ogata is still ehhhhh tho. But yeah, I actually noticed Haga which is good for her. Especially at the end :)
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The last day of the tour was shown on BT-S.

So you know what that means.

SHARING TIME! So far it's only up in broken parts or you could find it on a Tracker if you've got the time.

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

Here is the set list for the final concert from yesterday. 

<div>VTR</div>
<div>BRAND NEW MORNING</div>
<div>Medley</div>
  • One•Two•Three (Updated)
  • Souda! We're ALIVE + Help me!! (Remix)
  • Ren'ai Hunter + Ren'ai Revolution 21 (Remix)
<div>SONGS</div>
<div>Sou ja nai</div>
<div>Ai no Gundan</div>
<div>MC</div>
<div>Watashi no Nanni mo Wakacchanai</div>
<div>Sexy Cat no Enzetsu</div>
<div>Tokyo to Iu Katasumi</div>
<div>MC</div>
<div>Silver no Udedokei - Fukumura Mizuki, Yokoyama Reina (with Ikuta Erina, Kaga Kaede as rappers)</div>
<div>Give me Love - 10th Gen, 13th Gen</div>
<div>Please! Jiyuu no Tobira - 11th Gen, 12th Gen, 13th Gen</div>
<div>Joshi Kashimashi Monogatari ('17 Ver.) (without Sato Masaki)</div>
<div>Loving you forever (without Sato Masaki)</div>
<div>MC</div>
<div>Morning Coffee</div>
<div>Medley</div>
  • HOW DO YOU LIKE JAPAN? ~Nihon wa Donna Kanji Dekka?~
  • TOP!
  • Wakuteka Take a chance (Updated)
  • Ikimasshoi!
  • Moonlight night ~Tsukiyo no Ban da yo~
  • What is LOVE?
<div>MC</div>
<div>Seishun Say A-HA</div>
<div>Kimi no Kawari wa Iyashinai</div>
<div>Wagamama Ki no Mama Ai no Joke</div>
<div>MC</div>
<div>Inspiration!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Encore</div>
<div>Jealousy Jealousy</div>
<div>MC</div>
<div>Happy Daisakusen</div>
<div>Bravo!</div>
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

Part 2 starts at Wakacchainai
Part 3 starts in the last choruses of Kashimashi
Part 4 starts mid Seishun Say
Part 5 starts a few minutes before Jealousy Jealousy

It's funny that even the worst members sounded decent in Kashimashi :lol: Only exceptions were Maria, Kaede, and Reina. They all sounded better in previous songs too :lol: Also what the heck was that Miki thing? Give her lines that make sense and are shorter! I couldn't even follow what she was saying and the subtitles were on the screen! 

I hate to say this because I always feel like she gets more hype than is deserved, but Haruka definitely has improved since their last concert. I was pleasantly surprised at some of her lines in Jiyuu no Tobira.

It's strange to see the current line-up perform Inspiration! which was the first MM song I heard, released almost 17 years ago  :whatthe: It's been a while since they've performed it in concert, too (2009).
Last edited by Purin-chama on Sat Jun 24, 2017 7:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>This concert is up at aidoru-online in a variety of resolutions. It's a good, fun, concert.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The strong opening sets the tone: It's a NEW ERA, BITCHES. And it's promptly belied by the rest of the concert.  :rofl:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>"WE ARE BRAND NEW MORNING! Check out our two new members! The future is NOW! We're not your Mother's Morning Musume, we're YOUR Morning Musume! Now kick back and dig while we do it to you in your eardrums with an eleven-minute, six-song medley of tracks that date back to before half of us were in the group, and one that was released before three of us were born!" And this theme mostly continues for two hours.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>It's a pretty cleverly arranged medley, though. I like the mash-ups where the vocals and the music from different songs sort of weave in and out and overlap each other. The Renai Hunter/Revolution part dragged on a bit longer than it needed to, but it's a very strong medley, and I usually hate those.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Both of the medleys were highlights of this concert for me, honestly. The new, harder arrangement of "How Do You Like Japan?" is, as the kids say, hella tight, and Ayumi kills it on this. KILLS. IT. I also liked Maa's decision to not do Yossie's weird vocal... "thing" at the music drop-out. I wouldn't mind a studio version of this. In fact, I thought all of the new arrangements for the medleys were great.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>My absolute favorite part of show, though, was "TOP!" in the second medley. The interplay of the video with the choreo for that was some really creative shit. More of this, please.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Overall, not my favorite set list ever, although it's at least interesting. A decent number of album tracks and B-sides, and surprisingly few songs from the current post-Sayu era. I could've done without Morning Coffee, though.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The singing is unexpectedly good, almost universally. I feel like I've been saying this more frequently, so maybe it shouldn't be unexpected anymore. Did they hire a new voice coach, or are they just working on their vocals more, because the results don't lie: they really are a lot better than they were even a year ago. Kudo's improvement is especially stark (just in time for graduation, woo hoo!) Kaga and Yokoyama are rough, but not hopeless, and even Haga is finally progressing. Sakura has been improving ever since I started saying that she had plateaued, lol. She sounds better than ever and, unlike Takahashi and Fujimoto, she doesn't fade that much throughout the course of the concert. I think she's finally turning into the singer we all hoped she would become when she joined.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Oh yeah, that video drama with Kudo, Miki and Ayumi is priceless. Whoever came up with that deserves a cookie.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="208382" data-time="1498425338">
I also liked Maa's decision to not do Yossie's weird vocal... "thing" at the music drop-out.</blockquote>

That part is in the 2nd half of the song so they didnt perform that section. The last time they did the full song, pretty sure Sakura had the line.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Mon Jun 26, 2017 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

It was really interesting to read all your opinions on the concert, especially since the stream enabled you to see things I couldn't / didn't see from my seat ; for example the videos, I was focused on the girls and couldn't see the screen well so I didn't really pay attention to them. I couldn't tell if Masaki looked like in pain or anything but I could tell Duu was happy to stand on stage, which I was really glad about. Sakura and Mizupon were great, Masaki and Miki really nice to listen to, Erina did not sound as bad as usual (Ayumi did though but she is somewhat better), Kaga was hit or miss depending on the songs and I was quite pleasantly surprised by Reina's vocals. I felt sorry for Oharu and her kind of invisibility through the concert (her lines weren't bad though).

I don't know if it was just my mood or something but I didn't find Maria's behavior "cute" during the first MC and I felt embarrassed during the long video of Duu, Ayumi and Miki ; but that may be because it was Haga (JPope : if what she said during the MC is true, it's Haga who had the idea of the video drama).

I was surprised by how the concert was almost only high energy songs, liked the setlist and was happy to have Happy Daisakusen at the end !

And link to an english sub version of JKM : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5rwmmc_n-n-170623-morning-musume-17-joshi-kashimashi-monogatari-17-ver-english-subs_music

I'm not a native speaker so my understanding is limited and I couldn't see the screen well but I couldn't grasp anything of what Miki said ; so I totally agree with you Myst and wondered if she was understandable for any other English native speakers ?
Last edited by Meikochi on Wed Jun 28, 2017 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Campy <3 !
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Meikochi"]
(JPope : if what she said during the MC is true, it's Haga who had the idea of the video drama).

And link to an english sub version of JKM : https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x5rwmmc_n-n-170623-morning-musume-17-joshi-kashimashi-monogatari-17-ver-english-subs_music

I'm not a native speaker so my understanding is limited and I couldn't see the screen well but I couldn't grasp anything of what Miki said ; so I totally agree with you Myst and wondered if she was understandable for any other English native speakers ?
[/quote]

Give Haga a cookie, then, because I thought it was great! I really thought she was totally useless and I wanted her gone bad, but credit where credit is due: Haga seems to have taken the criticism from her elders constructively and applied it, because her singing is noticeably better, and to come up with that skit shows creativity and initiative. She's making a believer out of me.

WRT Miki's JKM part, I think the rapid-fire lyrics and delivery were done purposely to convey a manic, freaked-out reaction to seeing a UFO.  :lol:  

Also, I'm jealous, you got to see a great concert.
Last edited by JPope on Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

As an English native speaker I couldn't understand Miki's line either. I really wish they'd at least let her write her part of the lines so it'd actually sound understandable.
Formerly Mizura