2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - EAST REGION

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - EAST REGION

Post by JPope »

Live from the Yokohama Arena in, hmm, Yokohama, it's Round 1 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS! The East Region features 16 singles from C-ute. Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=7181" title="">main tournament thread</a>, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/%E2%84%83-ute" title="External link">C-ute page</a> at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.

EDIT:

Voting ends Wednesday at 2 PM PDT.
Last edited by JPope on Mon Mar 20, 2017 5:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 1 - EAST REGION

Post by TicTacAnyone »

4. Is a typo, idk if you can fix it. You listed THE FUTURE twice Q_Q

IMO, it's hard to pit triple A sides against single sides.... A little unfair. You have 3 songs to outweight one. The single one would have to be really, really good to beat 3.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Jesus, I thought I double checked all of these before hitting "post". Thanks for catching that!
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I expect Mugen / Ai wa / Ano Koro to make it all the way to the top 4, if not the finals. That's gonna be a really hard single to beat for most people, I think. Summer Wind and friends might be its bigger competitor.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

<div>Yay, an easier one for me!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 1: And then this happens... but SHOCK! I love SHOCK!, and I think Ikiyou ze! is a slightly better version of FOREVER LOVE, so it's an all-arounder for me. Bakoon is also great, don't make any mistake.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 2: EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!!, no contest. Loved the song and MV, and Amai Wana is a good song. Mugen was decent, but I didn't care for the other two songs at ALL, and Mugen wasn't enough for me.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 3: Kimi wa Jitensha. I like it, but Ai wa Itsumo Itsumo is catchy, while LALALA was a good song but the B-side annoyed me to death, lol.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 4: I like I miss you a lot, but Meguru Koi no Kisetsu is just so fun as a whole, and I like Bishoujo Shinri a lot.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 5: Meh... I didn't really care for either of these in the end, but I was really pumped over Kanashiki/Adam, so I'll give it that. Kanashiki was a really nice MV, too.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 6: Crazy, hands down. I like Sakura as a single, but Crazy is just so COOL.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 7: Middle/Gamusha/Tsugi, h a n d s  d o w n. Shochuu is just cute, but Middle/Gamusha/Tsugi was gold.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 8: Er.... hmm. Well, I'll go for Tomorrow/Squall/Curtain. I like Edo, but it always felt a bit like the biggest sore thumb and against Tomorrow/Squall/Curtain, though I'm ambivalent on those three, I think it was a well-executed single and the MVs so far have been nice.</div>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]
I expect Mugen / Ai wa / Ano Koro to make it all the way to the top 4, if not the finals. That's gonna be a really hard single to beat for most people, I think. Summer Wind and friends might be its bigger competitor.
[/quote]

I agree. I wouldn't sleep on some of the earlier singles, though, as people revisit them and remember what they loved about them all over again. But Mugen is fucking wrecking ball of a single.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 16. SHOCK!: Honestly, none of these songs do much for me. I went with Dance de Bakoon! because it's the best of the four, but only barely.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 15. EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!!: Let's just get this out of the way right now: I'm gonna vote for Mugan Climax in every round. I said I'd wait a few months before calling it the single greatest H!P recording ever, and after five months, I can say it affirmatively. I still shake my head in awe every time I listen to Mugen Climax.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>3. Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku VS 14. LALALA Shiawase no Uta: Kimi wa Jitensha is pretty good, but like many Tsunku songs, I wish he'd kept it darker. Still, my visceral hatred of LALALA makes this an easy choice.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>4. I miss you / THE FUTURE VS 13. Meguru Koi no Kisetsu: Fuuuuuuck. I hate to vote against such a great J-idol song like Meguru Koi no Kisetsu, but I miss you is such a daring and well done track that I have to. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>5. Kanashiki Amefuri / Adam to Eve no Dilemma VS 12. Aitai Aitai Aitai na: In a miasma of mediocre music, Kanashiki Heaven shines and pushes Aitai Aitai Aitai na over the line.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona VS 11. Sakura Chirari: Of the lead tracks, I like Sakura Chirari, but JUMP is such a throwaway compared to The☆Treasure Box and Chikyuu Kara no Sanjuusou, so the vote goes to Crazy Kanzen na Otona.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>7. The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / Gamusha LIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare VS 10. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu: Shochuu Omimai is a classic, and this is a really good version, and Zansho Omimai Moshiagemasu is a strong B-side.  Tsugi no Kado wo Magare is almost good enough to carry the other two across the line, but not quite.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>8. To Tomorrow / Final Squall / The Curtain Rises VS 9. Edo no Temari Uta II: I like all of the songs on To Tomorrow more than either of the tracks on Edo no Temari. The Curtain Rises is killer, and I like the other two more with each listen.</div>
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">1. Dance de Bakoon! VS 16. SHOCK!</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Bakoon hot SHOCK! not. No honestly, I still listen to Dance de Bakoon like every 2nd week. It's that good.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">2. Mugen Climax / Ai wa Maru de Seidenki / Singing ~Ano Koro no You ni~ VS 15. EVERYDAY Zekkouchou!!</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">It's going to be really hard to vote against Mugen Climax, especially if Ai wa Maru is the second A-side to this single. No honestly, Mugen Climax is probably °C-ute's best. </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);"> </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">3. Kimi wa Jitensha Watashi wa Densha de Kitaku VS 14. LALALA Shiawase no Uta</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Shiawase is fun, but Kimi wa Jitensha is more quality. They really tried with that one.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">4. I miss you / THE FUTURE VS 13. Meguru Koi no Kisetsu</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">I thought THE FUTURE was forgettable but in the end it became quite catchy. However, I miss you is amazing. Not quite up there with Mugen Climax but pretty close.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">5. Kanashiki Amefuri / Adam to Eve no Dilemma VS 12. Aitai Aitai Aitai na</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">I remember going wild over the MV for Kanashiki Amefuri. Getting rained on? Having multiple outfits for a single MV? Man, that was revolutionary for post Golden Era H!P. </div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">6. Crazy Kanzen na Otona VS 11. Sakura Chirari</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">I don't like Crazy Kanzen na Otona that much, but it's pretty cool. I've never liked Sakura Chirari though.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">7. The Middle Management ~Josei Chuukan Kanrishoku~ / Gamusha LIFE / Tsugi no Kado wo Magare VS 10. Shochuu Omimai Moushiagemasu</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">Gotta confess: I don't think Tsugi no Kado is that great a song. Yeah, sorry. However, the combination of these three songs is just pretty good. The Middle Management has a nice tempo to it, too.</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">8. To Tomorrow / Final Squall / The Curtain Rises VS 9. Edo no Temari Uta II</div>
<div style="margin:0px;color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:arial, verdana, tahoma, sans-serif;font-size:12px;background-color:rgb(250,252,255);">*slams fist on table* Edo no Temari Uta II! Nice to see that I'm not alone with this but Edo no Temari always seemed underrated to me.</div>
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Total opposite of Berryz, where I picked the less popular song almost every time, I picked the most popular song every time LOL.