2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - WEST REGION

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - WEST REGION

Post by JPope »

<div>Live from the Osaka Dome in, get this, Osaka, it's Round 2 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS! The West Region features eight 1st Round winning C-ute singles. This region had a crazy 1st round. Only one upset -- 14. The Power / Kanashiki Heaven took down 3. Tokai no Hitorigurashi / Aitte Motto Zanshin -- but a full three higher seeded singles -- 5. Kokoro no Sakebi wo Uta ni Shitemita / Love take it all, 6. Aitai Lonely Christmas, and 8. Momoiro Sparkling -- moved on by virtue of a tie!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=7181" title="">main tournament thread</a>, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/%E2%84%83-ute" title="External link">C-ute page</a> at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Round 2 matches will end at 11:30 PM PDT on Saturday the 25th.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Wed Mar 22, 2017 11:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS ROUND 2 - WEST REGION

Post by arcobaleno »

This region was so easy for me until I saw Massara vs Tokaikko.  :lol:

Round 1: Kiss me Aishiteru. I just find it more catchy than Momoiro, but neither are bad to me.

Round 2: A u g h, I pretty much like them equally.... well, I'll decide on a shallower note; almost everyone gets a line in Massara!

Round 3: Aitai Lonely Christmas, no contest whatsoever.

Round 4: Naze/Summer/Jinsei, absolutely no contest against probably whatever it comes up against, lol.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I never knew Aitai Lonely Christmas was such a popular C-ute song.... Definitely not one of my favs lol.

This was easier than the East round 2. Naze Hito was a strong single for me so there was no competition there... Even though Love Take it All is my dance jam.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

Finally got to vote on one of the polls. I haven't vote until now because there were too many songs I had to listen and didn't have the time.

Kiss me Aishiteru vs. Momoiro Sparkling. Both unknown to me, I actually listened to Kiss me when the previous poll was open because I wanted to vote, but I gave up. Anyway, I voted for Kiss me, I really don't know what song was Momoiro up against in the previous match to manage to get one win...
Massara Blue Jeans vs. Tokaikko Junjou. I remember Tokaikko Junjou was on one of this H!P compilation albums a long time ago and I got to listen to the chorus of this song in the 'trailer' video. Never heard of Massara before but I actually liked it, the video is super funny with all the awkward close-ups with weird facial expresions.
Aitai Lonely Christmas vs. The Power / Kanashiki Heaven. I know both Kanashiki and The Power, love both songs, easy vote. Lonely Christmas was boring but to be expected with that title.
blablabla Jinsei wa STEP! vs. blabla Love take it all. These 2 are the only songs I know, and love, from the pack. I couldn't decide so I wanted to let the coupling songs work as a tiebreaker. The 2 songs that are paired with Jinsei wa Step are a lot better, but I have a big emotional attachment to Love take it all, and that was my vote.
Last edited by Derby on Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="arcobaleno" data-cid="206502" data-time="1490281252">Round 4: Naze/Summer/Jinsei, absolutely no contest against probably whatever it comes up against, lol.</blockquote>Yeah, a lot of these I could go either way, but this one was easy. I don't even consider myself a big ℃-ute fan (beyond as much as I'm a fan for H!P in general), but it was my favorite release of 2016.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I really like Kokoro no Sakebi wo Uta ni Shitemita / Love take it all and I seem to be one of the few that does. 

Kanashiki Heaven gets all my votes. Even if I hate The Power with a burning passion. It's the song I was waiting for, for years and they gave it to me twice in two different versions. I'm truly blessed. 

I think Massara Blue Jeans is better than Tokaikko Junjou. But then I've never liked talking in songs. I find it very distracting. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.