2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS SEMI FINALS

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS SEMI FINALS

Post by JPope »

<div>Live from Budokan in Tokyo, it's Round 5 of the 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS, the Final Four! These are the matches that will decide which Berryz Koubou and C-ute singles will face off for the MM-BBS original kid-group Championship.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>In the East Region, heavily favored Mugan Climax did what it has done all tournament long -- it crushed it's opponent, burned their city to the ground, salted the earth where it once stood, and laughed at the lamentations of their women. Poor "I miss you" never had a chance in this round. It likely would have been over-matched by any of the other three singles, but we all know it's a great song, so pour a little out for "I miss you/THE FUTURE".</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Meanwhile, Massara Blue Jeans continued its romp through the West Region by disposing of what many believed to be the favorite -- Naze Hito -- despite its lower seed. Has any H!P indie debut had so much staying power? If any single has a chance to take down the Mugan Goliath, it's Massara Blue Jeans.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>The Berryz Koubou Regions were volatile again, with both matches ending in upsets, setting up the 2 vs 5 Semi Final. Both "Ai wa Itsumo" and "Motto Zutto" cruised to victory -- neither match was ever in question -- although the latter had stiffer competition in "Otona na no yo!", and managed to take down the last remianing 1-seed.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This should be an interesting match-up, as I don't see a clear heavy favorite between the two singles. Two singles, it should be noted, that represent the group's final year or so in existence.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Vote for the single you like best in each match-up. Information about the tournament can be found in the <a class="bbc_url" href="http://mm-bbs.org/index.php?showtopic=7181" title="">main tournament thread</a>, including the full tournament bracket and links to all of the songs. The <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/Berryz_Koubou" title="External link">Berryz Koubou page</a> and <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.wikia.com/wiki/C-ute" title="External link">C-ute page</a> at the Hello! Project Wiki is also useful for comparing cover art and costumes. Remember, you're judging the single as a whole, not just the lead songs. Use whatever criteria you wish to determine your vote. You must vote in each match-up.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Voting ends April 4th at 12 noon PDT.</div>
MejraThea
ANGERME

Re: 2017 MARCH BBS MADNESS SEMI FINALS

Post by MejraThea »

How you people can vote for Mugen and not Massara after you voted for Massara over Naze Hito, I don't understand.  :hmph: /Naze Hito for life
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It's... so hard. Massara is, to me, THE °C-ute song. The other single is their best single. How could I choose one over the other?!
JoshuaJSlone
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by JoshuaJSlone »

I've never been a particular fan of Massara Blue Jeans. Really my favorite thing about it is that at an H!P bar it inspired the menu item Massara Green Beans.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Motto Zutto is a horrible song and you should all feel bad for voting for it. Rock Erotic is great but it wasn't the best Berry song ever.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

I'm supporting ROCK Erotic until the end.

And I discovered Massara thanks to this tournament and have been rooting for that song from the moment Crazy Kanzen na Otona was out.

So I hope to see both songs on the finals
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Motto Zutto is a horrible song and you should all feel bad for voting for it. Rock Erotic is great but it wasn't the best Berry song ever.
[/quote]

I feel personally attacked... I like Zutto Motto.

The dance is so bad, but that's the only thing I dislike lol
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sat Apr 01, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Thea"]
How you people can vote for Mugen and not Massara after you voted for Massara over Naze Hito, I don't understand.  :hmph: /Naze Hito for life
[/quote]

I was bummed about Naze Hito going down, but not totally shocked. Massara basically steam-rolled everything in its path up until the 5th Round, with the notable exception of Tokaikko Junjou in the 2nd round, which ended in a tie. 

Also, much as I never understood the love for Kamei, I don't get the love for ROCK EROTIC. Diff'rent Strokes, I suppose.
Last edited by JPope on Sat Apr 01, 2017 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Actually Rock EROTIC IS the best Berryz song ever written, and I said this the other day when all my posts were getting eaten, I actually liked Motto Zutto besides Risako's horribly strained line in the opening.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm actually not a big fan of Rock Erotic. It's not a bad song, but it's not my favorite either. I like Motto Zutto a lot more surpringsly, but the MV is boring, and some of the outfits aren't that good.
Formerly Mizura
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Shit what is happening
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Derby
ANGERME

Post by Derby »

[quote="yuzu"]
Shit what is happening
[/quote]
The votes keep changing. At one point RE was winning, then tied, then losing, then tied, then winning, now losing.

It's going to be like this until the poll is closed
Image Hey