The 'What ifs' of Hello!Project

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Derby
ANGERME

The 'What ifs' of Hello!Project

Post by Derby »

<div>I had thought about doing this a little over a month ago but never got myself to sit down and write all of this. But now I decided to make it happen.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is kind of a game with discussion and debate from the users. The goal is to set a 'what if' event involving any H!P act, and discuss the effects it would have had in the past or future of Hello!Project.</div>
<div>We can change the topic every few days or when the current topic has already died. I'm gonna start with one example:</div>
<div> </div>
<div>What if Morning Musume's 1st generation graduations were reversed?</div>
<div>With Iida Kaori graduating first in 'Memory Seishun no Hikari' -> Abe Natsumi in 'Love Machine' -> Yuko Nakazawa in 'RR21' -> Ishiguro Aya in 'Ai Araba It's alright' -> Fukuda Asuka in 'THE Manpower!!!'?

Open discussion</div>
Last edited by Derby on Thu May 25, 2017 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Image Hey
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Re: The 'What ifs' of Hello!Project

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Abe Natsumi leaving in Love Machine? "Oh, that alien-looking girl left quite early" is what I'd immediately think... But I definitely wasn't following them at that time (I would've been, like, 5 years old.)

But what I'm curious about is if another girl would've taken such a strong main role in the group, or if they'd have split the lines/face time more evenly...? I mean she was already definitely leading in Furusato, but Love Machine is the next single after that. Maybe then we wouldn't have even gotten Ai Araba?? That song was sort of their, "Abe is graduating but we all need to stay calm and move on. If we have love, we'll be alright." Like shushing a baby lmao
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Thu May 25, 2017 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I definitely think the group wouldn't havr released Ai araba or the Manpower how we know them today. The group probably would've kept the mature theme they had starting out. Abe and Iida both had personalities that would've worked going in another directions but Asuka was pretty serious. Aya too, to a point. But she at least had a silly side.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

What if 12th gen was good?
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

What if Aibon hadn't been suspended and W continued for another few years?
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

They would have made it til like, 2008. Or the Elder Club mass grad. Aibon and Nono would have made a huge splash in variety TV together....

...before Aibon mysteriously dies of an overdose. Because she was never caught doing her bad behavior, there was never any reason to attempt to stop and she spiraled faster and crazier than in real life. LOL
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So maybe it's for the better, because we still have Aibon with us.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Yup! So here's a question.

We know that Berryz Koubou was originally intended to have the H!P Kids shuffled around to give them experience, but the idea was abandon and the other half became C-ute. But..

What if the original intention was to put them into 2 separate groups? How would the lineups have been different?

Or, if you could shuffle the H!P Kids however you wanted between C-ute and Berryz, how would you?
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

After poking around Megumi's twitter, what if she didn't leave so quickly? Looking at her now, she still looks like she'd fit right into C-ute and you'd never feel any different. She almost gives off a Chisato vibe. I highly doubt Maimi would have such a large role as she does in songs for sure.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

[quote="Madara"]
What if Aibon hadn't been suspended and W continued for another few years?
[/quote]
They definitely would've disbanded like v-u-den did. I think both Aibon and Tsuji's careers would've been better than they already are.

What if JunJun and LinLin were in the group longer?
Last edited by mrsross on Fri May 26, 2017 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Tsuji might have still gotten pregnant and fucked it up.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

What if S/mileage became the MKB of modern H!P and never changed a lineup and stuck around forever

/edit I'm personally super torn on this one because I LOVE LOVE LOVE 4nin S/mileage but ANGERME is my favorite current H!P group
Last edited by yuzuriha on Fri May 26, 2017 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Well, S/mileage be more like T&C Bomber because everyone would be gone by now.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Well I meant more in the sense what if second gen was never added which would mean let's be real Yuuka and Saki would still be around
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Not sure about Saki but Yuuka probably. I remember her look of despite when they announced new members lol.
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri May 26, 2017 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I know what you meant. To my knowledge Saki and Yuka wanted to retire and that was probably why they had a second gen. I don't think that anything would've changed their decisions to leave so Up Front would've either let S/mileage be a Wada/Kanon duo or axed the whole thing altogether. Definitely the group wouldn't have lasted as long as they are now. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah the fact that they have never done anything else makes me think there was more to it than just adding new members. I think Saki for sure was leaving before new girls were announced.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Madara" data-cid="207844" data-time="1495756753">What if Aibon hadn't been suspended and W continued for another few years?</blockquote> 
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="iDOL1641" data-cid="207858" data-time="1495796890">What if JunJun and LinLin were in the group longer?</blockquote>
These men are asking the big questions.

Questions I want to be facts!
rallyleo
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by rallyleo »

I don't think LinLin would have gotten a chance to shine unless Reina or Ai had left before her. I can see her carrying the weight of vocals with Risa.

So if LinLin had been in longer and somehow outlasted either Ai or Reina, then she would have been able to do more.

JunJun would have probably still been dead weight, honestly ????
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Follow up to my previous What if.

Listening to Yuki ga Chirari gives me an idea of what C-ute would have been like if Megumi stuck around. I think it would have been the Airi/Megumi show for a while. Maimi probably wouldn't have got the push that she did. I still think Kanna would have left, probably Erika too. It's clear Kanna never really fit into the group with the stigma of the *non-H!P kid* hanging over her head. Erika, probably the same reason she did in the first place. She never wanted to be leader, she had other plans. Though I wonder if anyone else would have left. I know Mai was really on the edge about leaving. But if Megumi had stuck around, who knows. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.