Hello! Project Shake Up - CG and KSS Group Changes

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Re: Hello! Project Shake Up - CG and KSS Group Changes

Post by Purin-chama »

These additions make me wonder if they were chosen for very specific reasons to make them more well-rounded and improve various aspects to their character. People seem very shocked about who was put where, but it clicks when I think of it like this.

-Nanami is very child-like but lady-like. CG was PERFECT for her, but besides Tsubaki, which could be argued, she needed a more "mature" image to fit the other groups. Why not throw her into the most mature group to improve how she appeared. J=J always appears kind of tomboyish to me. With her joining J=J, it gives her much to improve on. Plus, she could sax solo early J=J songs. :lol:
-Ruru's vocals are quite good, but she never has been able to properly use them to her advantage. Even in Angerme and MM, she would have issues standing out with her stellar vocals. Sayuki is arguably one of the best vocals in H!P. Add her to improve her vocals.
-Chisaki is very shy. Why not put her in a group where she will have the most events and have to socialize with more people on a daily basis? Plus, by having a skilled dancer in the group, she will improve her dancing as well as singing. MM is in need of another front girl, and Chisaki was being pushed as the front-girl of CM.

To me Musubu's and Ayano's personalities are a given why they were chosen for Angerme. It is also the most well-rounded group. The group will help showcase their personalities in a group FULL of crazy personalities, while still having to work at it. They have solid basis in dance or vocals, but both can use some fine tuning. Energy is what created what Angerme is today. The group thrives off of it.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="DonJuan"]

Now, first announcement: Juice=Juice. Not gonna lie, I'm very happy about that. While I do think that they shake up the group quite a bit (age-wise, and both look much younger than the J=J girls too) I feel Ruru and Nanami will make it work. Ruru can keep up in terms of performance. Nanami probably not so much, but she might be the somewhat needed fresh wind in the group. Since I like both, especially Nanami, and I still have a very sweet spot for J=J I'm pretty okay with how this turned out to be.
Of course, smells like graduations are coming now. Someone pointed out how Nanami is somewhat similar to Yuka, the bubbly one, but well. I kinda can't imagine Yuka in any other place haha. I hope they'll have at least one more year as a 7-nin group. I mean we had that kinda talk not too long ago: Up-Front would want to keep J=J around, especially as long as Karin is still there. So eh, might as well add a second gen.

[/quote]

In spite of the short amount of time, Nanami probably has more tv experience than the entirety of J=J put together, so hopefully that's something she can take to the group with her. Outside of their tv drama, which didn't bring them any extra attention, they're probably the least promoted group in H!P. Karin and Akari occasionally get gravure shoots in like the same two magazines, but I can see Nanami just doing some cute regular shoots to promote the group a bit more.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>"They're not gonna put all or even most of them in J=J (I predict NONE will be added to J=J)" -- Me in the other thread</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Nailed it!</div>
<div> </div>
<div>All I wanted was Ruru in MM, so of course she's going to J=J purgatory  :lol: . I'll be okay with that if they give them good music more often than once every two years. I won't even care if they don't promote them any more than usual or if their popularity stays the same, so long as the music is consistently good. Hopefully the fact that they're adding girls to the group suggests a renewed interest in producing and promoting them, though. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>As for the other girls, I don't know shit about them. I worry most about ANGERME being extended too thin, as they do a better job of featuring more members than any other group. And I really don't need another H!P mega-group.</div>

[quote="Al Kusanagi"]
While they are mixing things up, they should make Iikubo leader of MM. Mizuki has zero presence in the role.
[/quote]

<div>She looked like she didn't want to be there, and frankly with MM now at 14-going-on-13 members, I wouldn't mind if she's the next to go. If ever there was a time when being a group "leader" carried a responsibility, this was it, and she looked like she was at a fucking wake. As much as I beg for Ikuta to be given her H!P diploma and sent packing, I think she'd probably make a good leader, and since it looks like she's gonna be around a while, might as well put her in a position where she can excel. MM is too big, though. I'd love to see two more graduations announced soon.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>I'm happy they left Kobushi alone. Even though their last couple of singles have been underwhelming, their album was great, and they seem to have a good group dynamic.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Mon Jun 26, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I'm kind of surprised with the announcements. But I'm still sort of optimistic. Although at the same time kind of pissed at H!P in general.

I expected Morito Chisaki to join MM, but I expected her to be happier about it. And Idk what's up with Mizuki but I'm suspecting graduation is probably coming. J=J I expected there to be members eventually. Especially since they did it with UUG. Just didn't expect Ruru and Nanami to join. I think they'll do fine though and if they make me more interested in the group, then that's good. As much as I would've liked Ruru to be in MM, there's no way they would've let her actually showcase her vocalse and she would've become like Sakura. I expected Funaki to join either Angerme or Kobushi Factory, so I'm pleased with that. Surprised that Ayano got added to, but she'll fit fine. I'm really surprised that Ichioka is doing a new group. Just seems kind of weird, and I wouldve expected Ruru and maybe some other members to be in it.

Overall though, I think graduations are coming. There's no way they'd let this many group;s get this big. 
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm honestly hoping for graduations. Just not in ANGERME. And yeah I'd like Yuka and Tomoko to stay.
Actually, I only want graduations from MM. I'm that shallow. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I want all of 12th gen to graduate.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So I just watched the whole video. Wow, what an emotional roller coaster. That Mizuki-Chisaki exchange just chilled me to the bone. Painfully awkward. Contrast that with the way Yuka and Ayaka enthusiastically welcomed their new members, like true leaders. I have newfound respect for Yuka. But I feel for Mizuki. She's clearly shaken. And I was impressed with Reina Ichioka's poise and calm, measured tone. I expect great things from her group. (Any name yet?)

Will someone ever translate this? It's easy to make assessments based on reading their faces, but it's better to know what they're saying before doing so.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I've come to like Miki and Maria. I think Miki is gonna be a work-horse type, along the lines of Kei or Risa. Not a center-girl, but not background, either, and I think she'll do well in that role. Even Haga is finally showing some progress, and I wanted her gone almost for the moment she joined. Ogata is straight dead-weight and needs to go, but as much as I want it, it's just not gonna happen anytime soon.

Right now, I'd cut Mizuki and one of Iikubo/Ikuta. Make the one who stays the new leader, and name Ayu and Maa Sub-Leaders. If Maa has to leave for medical reasons, so be it. It would suck, and i don't want her to leave, but the group really needs to shrink, IMO. I'd prefer no more than ten members, but eleven would be preferable to 13 for sure.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

shakeup.png
:lmfao:

The contrast in energy level and excitement between MM and the other groups was pretty shocking really. JPope called J=J purgatory, but I wonder if it isn't MM that now bears this honor within the agency? Or was this a one-off result of some misunderstanding or a case of bad timing?

Either way, I don't follow Kenshuusei so it's all new to me. As I said earlier, any shake up can't be bad, but I still feel they could have shaken it up much more.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Al Kusanagi" data-cid="208411" data-time="1498487641">While they are mixing things up, they should make Iikubo leader of MM. Mizuki has zero presence in the role.</blockquote>Please no, Fukuchan's motherly aura has been growing on me for a while. Though she sure did drop the ball during this announcement, I'd like to know what the full story behind that was.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="208437" data-time="1498507341">MM is too big, though. I'd love to see two more graduations announced soon.</blockquote><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="208440" data-time="1498510199">I want all of 12th gen to graduate.</blockquote>This, I need MM to be at sub-10 members to work. Which sucks, because I know that hoping for the whole 12th gen to go is unrealistic, but at the same time I don't really wish for anyone else to go.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Someone pointed out that Yokoyama got a pretty cold reception during her introduction video too. MM are just awkward.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah but they honestly didn't know Yokoyama. Chisaki gets along well with Miki and Haruna has rambled about how cute Chisaki is so I expected at least some kind of happier reaction than just politely clapping your hands.

However, on another note, some people might have figured out when the girls were introduced to their leaders/groups. If the assumption is right then MM was the first group to meet their new members. Mizuki has mentioned that she wasn't told anything, just to turn around at some point and then there was Chisaki. Both are super awkward and shy so I'm not sure what they expected. It is possible that they told Dawa and Yuka what was going to happen, just for camera goodness. However, both are simply different characters. 

I wonder when exactly they were told, though. Judging from the clothes she wears in a blog post she might have been introduced to Mizuki on June 5th/6th. Before CG announcement was made (June 9th). Maybe Mizuki would've reacted differently if it had been a KSS member as their debuts were announced a month earlier. Well, that'd explain Mizuki's initial reaction. The group's reaction though...
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Jun 26, 2017 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

They probably did it hoping for an over the top reaction and forgot which two members they were dealing with. I feel like Dawa pretty certainly knew what was happening.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Madara, I'm gonna translate bits of it shortly and then will sub a video later on. Just got off work, lol

EDIT: I'm going to copy/paste a couple of the quick translations I did. ANGERME and Ichioka will have to wait till tomorrow, I'm exhausted lol
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">Danbara Ruru, before group reveal--
<p style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">Staff: You're going to meet the leader of the group you will join.

Ruru: "Although it's coming up really soon... I'm really looking forward to it."
<div style="font-family:Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;color:rgb(29,33,41);">
<p style="font-family:inherit;">Staff: Tell us about your thoughts.

Ruru: "Since it was my dream to debut within Hello!Project, I'm very happy."
<p style="font-family:inherit;">------------------

POST-REVEAL

------------------
<p style="font-family:inherit;">Danbara: "When you talk about Juice=Juice, there's never been any new members added... You five have your own aura. And you have the image of a group that sings really well... I think your fives' performance is great. So it's hard to imagine myself in that sort of group, and I'm a bit nervous. But I'll try my very best."

<p style="font-family:inherit;"> 
Yanagawa's comment after the reveal that she's joining Juice=Juice;
"I'm worried about whether I can keep up. But I have things I've learned within Country Girls; so I'm sure from here on I will have numerous more experiences I will get to accomplish. I'd like to work hard using what we've separately learned from each group."

<div style="font-family:inherit;">
<p style="font-family:inherit;">Chii-chan's conversation w/ Fukumura Mizuki after it was revealed she would join MM;
<p style="font-family:inherit;">Fuku: "I look forward to working with you. Let's work together!"

Chii-chan: "Yes!"
Fuku: "It's confusing, huh?" (EDIT: After listening multiple times, hearing from numerous people and mulling it over, I decided to edit this line to reflect "wakannai yo ne?" instead. Also, to be more specific, Fuku is speaking about how it's confusing/unknown for the both of them, not just Chii-chan.)
<div>
<div> </div>
</div>
<div> </div>
<p style="font-family:inherit;">-------------------
<p style="font-family:inherit;">Fuku: "How do you feel about it?"

Chii-chan: "Well, you know...I was in a state of not knowing which group I would enter. So I feel a bit better now."

Fuku: "I bet. We were the same in that."

Chii-chan: "I've been with Country Girls for the past two and a half years, so my feelings were to join a new group and do my best as to not put it to waste."

Fuku: "And now they're doing something they've never done before... And you're suddenly told you'd be joining a new group.... So of course you'll be nervous and have worries. First you worked with those six (CG), so I'm sure you have lots of memories/feelings. But I think we have a good system for you to be a perfect fit in the group. So your worries... I won't tell you not to have them. I think it'd be great if Chii-chan is going to be a presence that will change this group. So I want you to put your best thoughts into making Morning Musume burst out."

Chii-chan: "Thank you very much."
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
</div>
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Is the H!P Translations FB Page yours, TicTac?
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="JPope"]
Is the H!P Translations FB Page yours, TicTac?
[/quote]

It sure is!!! You see my bae Danbara as the profile pic? lol
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

I'm SO glad they put my girl Funakki in Angerme. She's such a strong idol all around-- she can work the camera, she's adorable and cool and has great dynamic vocals-- and as much as MM desperately needs shit like that right now, I don't foresee MM's generally boring and awkward dynamics changing any time soon (unless there's a major graduation) and Funakki would have been totally wasted there. I feel like Angerme's a perfect group for her to shine. And that's all I really gave a shit about with all these changes LOL.
Last edited by honey on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208452">
Chii-chan's conversation w/ Fukumura Mizuki after it was revealed she would join MM;[/font]

Fuku: "I look forward to working with you. Let's work together!"

Fuku: "You looked disappointed, huh?" (I'm *fairly* certain Fuku said "gandai yo ne?")</blockquote>She said "Wakannai yo ne" kind of like in a "I don't know what I should say/do" way , they both don't really know how to react to this new shuffle.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Jun 26, 2017 10:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="208456" data-time="1498540042"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208452">
Chii-chan's conversation w/ Fukumura Mizuki after it was revealed she would join MM;[/font]

Fuku: "You looked disappointed, huh?" (I'm *fairly* certain Fuku said "gandai yo ne?")</blockquote>She said "Wakannai yo ne" kind of like in a "I don't know what I should say/do" way , they both don't really know how to react to this new shuffle.</blockquote>

I was sitting there trying to figure out if she said Wakannai or Gandai.. she kinda mumbled it hahaha ????
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

According to Jplop the reveals were all done at different times. Chisaki's being the first with Mizuki followed by Angerme and Juice=Juice. You'd have to follow blog posts to notice outfits and all that crap. I guess they didn't even tell Mizuki what was going on, threw her in a room and told her to wait. I'd be shocked too. She didn't have her idol filter up, it's obvious.

Overall I'm happy with the results. To me it's like a reserve sub-group. Like Buono, but backwards. The only sad thing is Yamaki And Ozeki. I really liked Yamaki, and now I'll only get to see her during concerts. Oh wait, I'm an international fan, this won't effect me at all if you think about it. Concerts and the occasional release. That's the only time I see them anyway. :x

I'm really curious about the new KSS group.

Super happy about Juice, they needed a good kick in the ass.

And Angerme, with Funaki there and now Ayano I can give a hoot again. It's what I needed.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks TicTac. Mizuki does come off better once I know what she said. Still, I can't help but think she's putting a happy face on it to cover the shock--at least in her words if not in her actual face, which seems to say she's still processing it.
Last edited by Madara on Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="TicTacAnyone"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="208456" data-time="1498540042">

Fuku: "You looked disappointed, huh?" (I'm *fairly* certain Fuku said "gandai yo ne?")
</blockquote>
She said "Wakannai yo ne" kind of like in a "I don't know what I should say/do" way , they both don't really know how to react to this new shuffle.</blockquote>
I was sitting there trying to figure out if she said Wakannai or Gandai.. she kinda mumbled it hahaha

[/quote]

I went back and tried to listen again to see if I heard "wakannai" over "gandai." It's still so damn hard to tell. I edited my original post to include both translations and listed why... Mizuki's mumbling, lol. I decided to leave it up to the viewer to determine which word they heard. I also left a comment asking the Japanese viewers for clarification.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Jun 27, 2017 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208466" data-time="1498618203"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208457" data-time="1498541180"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="208456" data-time="1498540042">

Fuku: "You looked disappointed, huh?" (I'm *fairly* certain Fuku said "gandai yo ne?")</blockquote>She said "Wakannai yo ne" kind of like in a "I don't know what I should say/do" way , they both don't really know how to react to this new shuffle.</blockquote>I was sitting there trying to figure out if she said Wakannai or Gandai.. she kinda mumbled it hahaha
</blockquote>

I went back and tried to listen again to see if I heard "wakannai" over "gandai." It's still so damn hard to tell. I edited my original post to include both translations and listed why... Mizuki's mumbling, lol. I decided to leave it up to the viewer to determine which word they heard. I also left a comment asking the Japanese viewers for clarification.</blockquote>
Where does the word がんだい come from? Is it recent slang or a regional dialect? I've never heard that word before and I searched it and nothing meaning "disappointed" came up.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208466" data-time="1498618203">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="208457" data-time="1498541180">

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="208456" data-time="1498540042">

Fuku: "You looked disappointed, huh?" (I'm *fairly* certain Fuku said "gandai yo ne?")
</blockquote>
She said "Wakannai yo ne" kind of like in a "I don't know what I should say/do" way , they both don't really know how to react to this new shuffle.</blockquote>
I was sitting there trying to figure out if she said Wakannai or Gandai.. she kinda mumbled it hahaha</blockquote>
I went back and tried to listen again to see if I heard "wakannai" over "gandai." It's still so damn hard to tell. I edited my original post to include both translations and listed why... Mizuki's mumbling, lol. I decided to leave it up to the viewer to determine which word they heard. I also left a comment asking the Japanese viewers for clarification.</blockquote>
Where does the word がんだい come from? Is it recent slang or a regional dialect? I've never heard that word before and I searched it and nothing meaning "disappointed" came up.

[/quote]

From what I could find, "reproach" came up but I simplified it to disappointed so it was easier to understand. It may be a mistranslation, though. Let me know what you think! :)

EDIT: Yeah, you know what.... I'm just gonna change it to wakannai. It seems enough people think that's the correct translation so I'll stick with that. Thanks for your help guys.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

My guessesa for colors...

MM'17, Morito keeps her orange since Kudo is graduating. There'll be a weird period of overlap, but this is a weird situation. The only other color open is dark green. Poor Chisaki. Or they'll do something stupid, like "sunset orange" for Chisaki in a slightly darker shade.

ANGERME, Kawamura takes Meimi's purple. Funaki takes light green. Or other way around since Kawamura looks like Karin and Karin is purple too.

JJ, Yanamin takes deep blue for blueberry. Danbara takes orange.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
JJ, Yanamin takes deep blue for blueberry. Danbara takes orange.
[/quote]

I saw someone on the group suggest blueberry and I just *love* that as a color's name... Too cute.

And I don't want Danbara to be orange but I don't see them giving her any other color... Unless they went with a darker pink? I don't think it'd suit her but she likes the color pink. (But she likes orange too Q_Q. And red, if I remember right. I don't think she's picky with colors.) I wouldn't mind her having a regular blue shade, either. I just despise the color orange lmao
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

Maybe they'll give her orange but with a different fruit name, like apricot or loquat or something. :lol:
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

I saw someone said mango for orange too, which would be cute as well.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Sat Jul 01, 2017 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Meikochi
ANGERME

Post by Meikochi »

Thank you DonJuan for pointing out Mizuki's outfits. And one won't take out of my head the idea that Kaga is completely innocent in Chisaki non-happiness and MM atmosphere.
Campy <3 !
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

For anyone who wants to know more about Kawamura Ayano, here's a video made by a fan including a TV special about her.
<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/8BUE0wB2tes' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/8BUE0wB2tes</a>

Singing S/mileage songs <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/iTIGu-Lm38Y' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/iTIGu-Lm38Y</a>

It includes baby photos and some performance footage as well. She's an only child and her parents aren't home much because of work so from a young age she has done a lot on her own.

From this I wonder if she lives alone in Tokyo.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Kawamuu is such a fascinating character to me...

Seems weak and fragile, but is strong-willed, independent and reliable.
You would think she's all smiles and goofy, but can be serious, gloomy and a crybaby.
Looks like she might not make an impact, but has amazing stage presence and use of her body.
Is a pretty girl, but purposely chooses to have really interesting and unique haircuts.

I've liked her since she joined the KSS, but I like her even more now.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Sun Jul 09, 2017 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.