Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

Post by DonJuan »

Good for them, wish Biyo had gotten the same treatment.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Beyooooonds is the product of poor timing. They had their shot after winning the best newcomer award and getting a great push with an album, but covid came and said NO, Not you!

It's not right that UF is putting all their eggs into the Ocha basket. But it's clear UF is biting off more they can chew and then to expect another kenshuusei group to maybe appear? It's too much. They need to refocus on what they have because it's starting to hurt the brand. It's becoming too diluted.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Personally I think we're also at risk of an idol burnout. The main groups barely release singles anymore, and members that have joined in 2021 (OCHA, the newest generation of Tsubaki and the second-to-last generation of Juice) still feel new because... there's just not as much materia with them out there. We might see more exciting times soon with a graduation rush (Takechan and Mizuki leaving already and I'm sure a good bunch of longrunners will join them in the next one or two years) but at the same time nothing really happens. There are a lot of good songs but none of them are outstanding. The groups themselves aren't exactly outstanding, or if they could be they're not promoted.

Judging by what happened to S/mileage, Juice pre new gens, Kobushi, CG and Beyooooonds we pretty much already know what's gonna happen to OCHA in 2 years or so, especially if they really plan on making the new KSS unit a new main group. The only one to escape this pattern in recent years was Tsubaki who were never really dropped, but they also weren't promoted as agressively in the beginning.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Morning Musume are doing a collab with Space Shower TV for their 25th anniversary.

They went all out with the add.

It will be broadcast on 4/17

I look forward to seeing what exactly this will be, they are being very vague about it all.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, I wonder. I don't know Space Shower TV either, so I have no clue. But I don't expect more than an overlook of their history and in the end they perform Love Machine lol.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oops! Wrong thread.
Last edited by JPope on Sun Apr 02, 2023 10:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Also, since I'm still up and I don't want this to get completely smothered by Kiki's graduation, here's the high-point of the entire HinaFes for me. It's right up there with the best HinaFes units IMO.

I feel kind of bad for Risa because this is all about ReiRei, who murders on this, but Risa honestly holds her own next to her.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I'm so relieved to see Risa do so well in this because when I saw the setlist I thought "oh". Nah, that was one good performance.
Apparently Risa herself requested to do a Kobushi song which is pretty cute. Also nice touch that her colour is purple, like Rei's old one in Kobushi.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I didn't know that Risa requested it, although Rei doesn't seem like the type to pull rank for her own glory so it makes sense. It's a sweet gesture regardless, but even moreso knowing that she's gonna be overshadowed no matter what. The beauty of this performance is that I don't think I've ever heard either of them sing better. Rei is really at the top of her game right now and Risa was able to hang with her.

EDIT: From Rei's blog

Last edited by JPope on Sun Apr 02, 2023 2:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Full Biyo/JJ Premium solo/unit footage in glorious 360p. I like how they had the trio and duet swap spots to save the best for last.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Some God uploaded the Anju/TF Premium covers in very nice 720p to Dailymotion.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Sakura pimping hot garlic KFC

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh to be loved as much as the Japanese love KFC.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

New Tsubaki scandal just dropped.

That account was clearly created for the sole purpose of posting those images. Seven hours after that tweet -- still the only tweet from that account -- the bar they were at responded with the following:

So this (apparently) gay bar just happens to come across the only post from a brand new account that has a picture with the bar name barely visible on a whiteboard on the wall, and asks that their name be blurred out in the images -- from their officially branded Twitter account! Seems legit!

I give up trying to predict if anything will come of H!P scandals after Sayubee got shit-canned.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They are going to get a slap on the wrist for sure, just for taking the photos. But unclear on what UF will do about it, if anything. They are all over 20+. So not underage. I can see UF giving them crap because they need to be good role models for their younger gen girls. They should know better.

For UF, it seems that these day you wont get canned unless the girl wants to get canned. At the end of the day, Sayuki left because she wanted to leave. You find an out, you take it, if that's what you want.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I wonder if the girls tend to visit gay bars so they don't get hit on by guys.
But the whole thing with the official gay bar account was pretty damn suspicious lol.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

It's possible the bar was starting to get questioned by people who saw the first tweet.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

If you look closely at the one photo, you can see a Takui poster on the wall.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Some dude on YT is using AI to recreate H!P songs with different lineups. It's not perfect, and seems to fail a lot on phrase endings, but there are moments where it's pretty believable. Fun stuff.

AI Maa, Riho and Reina sing J=J's "'Hitori de Ikiraresou' tte Sore tte Nee, Homete Iru no?"

AI Kanatomo, Sayubee and Karin sing J=J's "Zenbu Kakete GO!"

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

The AI Riho's pretty decent, I'm surprised.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

My musing of the day is that Anju has some of the best singers in current H!P, but the group doesn't really have songs that require amazing singers.
We've got Wakana, Yuki, Kawana Rin (who is surprisingly good!), Layla and Moe who are obviously above average ability (and Takechan who's gonna leave soon).

Not that H!P has added tone-deaf members in some time at all. But for a group like Anju it's interesting, since their best singers aren't even their leads except for Moe (and some parts that Layla gets).
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I think you're right about all of that. It's gonna be interesting to see who slides into a lead position post-Takeuchi, because seniority isn't really a factor when it comes to that. It's also gonna be interesting to see if the group identity changes, and if so, in what direction. Take is leaving a lot of lines behind, but she's taking even more personality with her, and while lines can be covered adequately, her charisma is irreplaceable. I think she's one of those rare idols whose presence dictated the overall identity of her group, and UF was smart to let it happen naturally rather than try to force her into some other role.

I'm terrible at predicting what UF is gonna do in situations like this, but Yuki and Wakana seem like the obvious choices to push forward upon Takechan's departure -- to me, anyway -- with Narin close behind.

Here's a fun question: if Kawamuu is the next to leave Anju, who's the next leader? If Ayano gets a single sub-leader, that's your answer, but if both Rikako and Kamiko are named sub-leaders, I think Moe would jump the queue to succeed Ayano. Just a hunch based off of Rikako being a really odd bird and the historical precedence set by Kawamuu. As I said, though, I'm really really bad at predicting this stuff. :lol:
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Rikako and Moe can have very stable careers outside of Angerme and I can see them leaving soon. There’s a reason Ayano jumped ahead of seniority to become the sub-leader. So who becomes sub leader after her will be kind of telling for the group. If they even name a sub leader!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It's going to be very interesting! And in fact, basically every Anju news I expect a graduation announcement from Moe or Rikako lol.
I do think Rikako could be the leader after Kawamuu, but I also can see her not wanting the position lol. What if we could get H!P's first double leadership with Rikako and Moe?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Biyo doing shit that makes you like them even more.

Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

DonJuan wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:05 am It's going to be very interesting! And in fact, basically every Anju news I expect a graduation announcement from Moe or Rikako lol.
I do think Rikako could be the leader after Kawamuu, but I also can see her not wanting the position lol. What if we could get H!P's first double leadership with Rikako and Moe?
Funny you say that since during ANGERME's Nakano Sun Plaza performance, it was announced that Kamiko will be leader and Kawamuu remains sub-leader

Also, Shimoitani's color will be Hot Pink and Goto's will be Sea Blue
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Huh. Interesting. Rikako being neither leader nor sub-leader feels kinda worrying, but who knows with Anju.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

So Rikako wanting no part of leadership is confirmed, yes? She probably just wants to focus on being the best performer she can be, which has worked for her up to this point. She reminds me of a pro athlete who leads by example -- by letting those around them see the work ethic it requires to become great.

I think Kamiko will be a great leader.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Sakura is something else. :lol: