Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2022 ~Love and Peace~

Post by JPope »

This clip of Riai and Momohime singing Kobushi Factory's "Naseba Naru" is really goddamn good.

These two have the most live and electric voices of all the young (under 18) H!P idols, and they sound great together. This song is perfect for them. I want them both to be H!P lifers, even though I sometimes think Beyooooonds might actually be holding Momohime back.

You can also hear Kamiko and Rika Shimakura do a nice version of "Suppin to Namida" if you run the video back to the beginning.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

JPope wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:09 am These two have the most live and electric voices of all the young (under 18) H!P idols, and they sound great together. This song is perfect for them. I want them both to be H!P lifers, even though I sometimes think Beyooooonds might actually be holding Momohime back.
I've coded a lot of concerts lately and Matsunaga took a lot of hard lines from Miyamoto/Takagi, and she's doing them great (Taking both bridges in Borderline is one good exemple). I think she'll become one of my favorites young members now.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yeah, Riai is in the perfect group, both for her development and to showcase her talent. J=J has a back-catalog of songs that favor strong singers, and the three members for whom most of them centered around are now gone. She along with Ruru and Rei will be J=J's new Big 3, and she's still not even 17 yet.

Beyooooonds, otoh, seems to offer Momohime less space to stretch out. They have a higher percentage of strong singers, and their songs just aren't constructed to feature anyone. It's part of their charm as a group, but the downside is their best singers don't get to shine as much.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Beyooooonds seems to offer more in the ways of letting you find your more creative side. She's got her beatbox skills and her talkbox too which they feature in a few of the Bynd songs. I can see her doing a lot more behind the scenes stuff in the future if she wanted too. It's a shame that her body seems to be failing her lately. First with the nerve pain that sidelined her last year and now the hearing loss. Poor girl can't catch a break.

But as far as the group is concerned they were really broken because of covid. The charm of the group is that they are 3 groups in one and they really haven't been able to play up that aspect at all. If they had regular concerts I suspect we would get more of their subgroups but that hasn't been the case.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

LOL! Is this real, or is it a really bad translation?

kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Bad translation, because while "yabai" can translate to bad it can also be used to mean good/amazing etc depending on the speaker. Considering who is speaking, it's likely the latter.

For more reading to understand this: https://skdesu.com/en/what-does-yabai-mean/
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Every time I use the auto translate and see “bad” I automatically assume it’s actually “yabai” and whenever I check, lo and behold…. Yabai

SUGOI, YABAI
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha, thanks! I'll read it as "bad-ass."
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

JPope wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:58 pm Beyooooonds, otoh, seems to offer Momohime less space to stretch out. They have a higher percentage of strong singers, and their songs just aren't constructed to feature anyone. It's part of their charm as a group, but the downside is their best singers don't get to shine as much.
I fear that Momohime will get bored and leave at some point if they don't give her enough new challenges. I just watched Momohime do "How Do You Like Japan?" in last year's Solo Fes 2 concert. I've been impressed with her English pronunciation and I'd love to see her do an entire song in English.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I agree with the both of you. Momohime is great and while she has gotten a few opportunities in Beyooooonds... they didn't focus on her above average singing. Madara mentioned the Solo Fes performance, and I take this opportunity to add one of my favourite HinaFes performances of all time: Her 2019 performance of Moonlight Night.

Damn, that was 3 years ago. She was only 14 back then.
More than her being bored I'm a bit worried for her health, though. She had her lumbar myofasciitis last hear, she had a sudden hearing loss last month... it's not that bad that she's not pushed that hard.

However, on a more positive, her Kosui cover from J-Melo from 2020 I think.

(Thx to JPope for uploading that one, again, haha.)
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Thanks for those clips. I'm sure I saw the "Moonlight Night" solo when I watched that concert three years ago, but never made a note of it. And I'd never seen the Kosui clip before. Wow! She is great.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

I watched both Solo Fes concerts this year. Two Blu-ray sets, 2 discs each, for a total of ten hours of pure bliss.

I have some questions:
How are the songs chosen?
I understand from Hello! Project Wiki that fans had some input in requesting songs, but the description is vague. How does that work? Were all the songs chosen by fans or just some of them?
If the girls choose the songs themselves, how do they avoid repetition? If one song is picked by more than one singer, how do they sort it out so no song gets repeated?
Do they choose their own hair, makeup and costume?
Do they do their own choreography?
Do they have coaches?

Either way, I’m so impressed by how different each of the numbers are (52 in Solo Fes! 1 and 51 in Solo Fes! 2). Every girl is an individual. They may model some of their performance on that of an older member who’d originally done the song, but they each bring their own unique qualities to it. And these concerts give us opportunities to see every girl shine. To my eyes and ears, there isn’t a weak moment in all ten hours.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

There was an online poll and people could request a song and someone to sing that song. Management then probably narrowed the songs down for each girl and then gave them a list to choose from. When Miki had her special she mentioned getting requested to do Wonderful World in English by Juice=Juice. Which is why she sang it on her winning tv special.

For the Solofest everything is self produced after they pick their song. So clothes to makeup and choreography. It’s like the Kenshuusei test performance s but on steroids. I love them, because you get to see a side of the girls and their talent that we normally don’t get to see. Be it dancing or creating their own arrangements. I think Miki also mentioned getting advice from people for her arrangement but it was all her doing that.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Current MM does a new version of "I Wish," with video montages of each of the last seven gens. This is a wonderful tribute to this rare three-year period of seven unbroken consecutive generations in MM, completely unprecedented. Sadly, it all ends when Chisaki leaves in June.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

^ You should check out the release forum sometimes. :)
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Some old videos, I was going on a major nostalgia trip recently...

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This is pretty funny.

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The latest Upcoming is a good one with three vocal recording clips featuring Rio (Beat no Wakusei), Momohime (Chopin Senpai beat-box), and Manakan (Plastic Love). Momohime and Rei-Rei -- who looks particularly fetching today -- are hosts.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I don’t know about anyone else but I enjoyed the little bits of Taisei singing Plastic Love.

I’m gonna really miss Manaka. She has such a pleasant voice.

Rio is really got a good one and a few more years and she’ll definitely be front girl we all grow to hate because none of the newbies are getting a shot. XD
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I found this clip and it’s one of the few things before my time that I saw images of but never saw in action. I was like wow, look at that formation, oh hey wait a minute!

Watching it now makes me think of the current level Morning is at and that they could probably do something like this pretty easily given a bit of instruction.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Remember the occasional charts posted here indicating how long each member had been in Morning Musume? Who used to do those? Can we get an update? I'm pretty sure Mizuki and Erina are getting close to passing Sayumi in tenure in the group.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

You're absolutely correct! Personally I copied them from Hello! Online, but the user who used to post them (sukibeam) hasn't done so lately.
However, they have a google spreadsheet with all important data and yes, there's a bit more than half a year for Mizuki and Ikuta to catch up:

Sayumi: 11y 10m 7d
Mizuki and Ikuta: 11y 3m 16d

/EDIT: Actually, I'm just gonna collect all the tenure data from the doc:
  • Michishige Sayumi: 11 Years, 10 Months, 7 Days
    Fukumura Mizuki and Ikuta Erina: 11 Years, 3 Months, 16 Days
    Niigaki Risa: 10 Years, 8 Months, 23 Days
    Ishida Ayumi: 10 Years, 6 Months, 20 Days
    Tanaka Reina: 10 Years, 4 Months, 2 Days
    Sato Masaki: 10 Years, 2 Month, 14 Days
    Takahashi Ai: 10 Years, 1 Month, 4 Days
    Oda Sakura: 9 Years, 7 Month, 4 Days
    Kamei Eri: 7 Years, 10 Months, 27 Days
    Nonaka Miki, Makino Maria and Haga Akane: 7 Years, 6 Month, 19 Days
    Iida Kaori: 7 Years, 4 Months, 24 Days
    Iikubo Haruna: 7 Years, 2 Months, 17 Days
    Yoshizawa Hitomi: 7 Years, 20 Days
    Yaguchi Mari: 6 Years, 11 Months, 12 Days
    Abe Natsumi: 6 Years, 4 Months, 18 Days
    Kudo Haruka: 6 Years, 2 Months, 12 Days
    Mitsui Aika: 5 Years, 5 Months, 8 Days
    Suzuki Kanon: 5 Years, 4 Months, 29 Days
    Kaga Kaede and Yokoyama Reina: 5 Years, 4 Months, 6 Days
    Ishikawa Rika: 5 Years, 21 Days
    Yasuda Kei: 5 Years, 2 Days
    Ogawa Makoto: 5 Years, 1 Day
    Sayashi Riho: 4 Years, 11 Months, 29 Days
    Morito Chisaki: 4 Years, 11 Months, 25 Days
    Konno Asami: 4 Years, 10 Months, 27 Days
    Kusumi Koharu: 4 Years, 7 Months, 5 Days
    Fujimoto Miki: 4 Years, 4 Months, 13 Days
    Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai: 4 Years, 3 Months, 16 Days
    Junjun and Linlin: 3 Years, 9 Months
    Ogata Haruna: 3 Years, 8 Months, 21 Days
    Nakazawa Yuko: 3 Years, 7 Months, 8 Days
    Goto Maki: 3 Years, 1 Month, 1 Day
    Kitagawa Rio, Okamura Homare and Yamazaki Mei: 2 Years, 9 Months, 27 Days
    Ishiguro Aya: 2 Years, 4 Months
    Ichii Sayaka: 2 Years, 18 Days
    Fukuda Asuka: 1 Year, 7 Months, 11 Days
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Shoujo Q wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 8:28 pm

I found this clip and it’s one of the few things before my time that I saw images of but never saw in action. I was like wow, look at that formation, oh hey wait a minute!

Watching it now makes me think of the current level Morning is at and that they could probably do something like this pretty easily given a bit of instruction.
If you followed the original and took the most recent generations to make a six-member team, you'd have Kaga, Yoko, Chii, Rio, Homare and Mei. They could probably pull that off with a couple days of practice, tbh.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

DonJuan wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 12:44 pm You're absolutely correct! Personally I copied them from Hello! Online, but the user who used to post them (sukibeam) hasn't done so lately.
However, they have a google spreadsheet with all important data and yes, there's a bit more than half a year for Mizuki and Ikuta to catch up:

Sayumi: 11y 10m 7d
Mizuki and Ikuta: 11y 3m 16d

/EDIT: Actually, I'm just gonna collect all the tenure data from the doc:
  • Michishige Sayumi: 11 Years, 10 Months, 7 Days
    Fukumura Mizuki and Ikuta Erina: 11 Years, 3 Months, 16 Days
    Niigaki Risa: 10 Years, 8 Months, 23 Days
    Ishida Ayumi: 10 Years, 6 Months, 20 Days
    Tanaka Reina: 10 Years, 4 Months, 2 Days
    Sato Masaki: 10 Years, 2 Month, 14 Days
    Takahashi Ai: 10 Years, 1 Month, 4 Days
    Oda Sakura: 9 Years, 7 Month, 4 Days
    Kamei Eri: 7 Years, 10 Months, 27 Days
    Nonaka Miki, Makino Maria and Haga Akane: 7 Years, 6 Month, 19 Days
    Iida Kaori: 7 Years, 4 Months, 24 Days
    Iikubo Haruna: 7 Years, 2 Months, 17 Days
    Yoshizawa Hitomi: 7 Years, 20 Days
    Yaguchi Mari: 6 Years, 11 Months, 12 Days
    Abe Natsumi: 6 Years, 4 Months, 18 Days
    Kudo Haruka: 6 Years, 2 Months, 12 Days
    Mitsui Aika: 5 Years, 5 Months, 8 Days
    Suzuki Kanon: 5 Years, 4 Months, 29 Days
    Kaga Kaede and Yokoyama Reina: 5 Years, 4 Months, 6 Days
    Ishikawa Rika: 5 Years, 21 Days
    Yasuda Kei: 5 Years, 2 Days
    Ogawa Makoto: 5 Years, 1 Day
    Sayashi Riho: 4 Years, 11 Months, 29 Days
    Morito Chisaki: 4 Years, 11 Months, 25 Days
    Konno Asami: 4 Years, 10 Months, 27 Days
    Kusumi Koharu: 4 Years, 7 Months, 5 Days
    Fujimoto Miki: 4 Years, 4 Months, 13 Days
    Tsuji Nozomi and Kago Ai: 4 Years, 3 Months, 16 Days
    Junjun and Linlin: 3 Years, 9 Months
    Ogata Haruna: 3 Years, 8 Months, 21 Days
    Nakazawa Yuko: 3 Years, 7 Months, 8 Days
    Goto Maki: 3 Years, 1 Month, 1 Day
    Kitagawa Rio, Okamura Homare and Yamazaki Mei: 2 Years, 9 Months, 27 Days
    Ishiguro Aya: 2 Years, 4 Months
    Ichii Sayaka: 2 Years, 18 Days
    Fukuda Asuka: 1 Year, 7 Months, 11 Days
Thanks DonJuan!
Wow, seven current members are in the top ten and if we'd done this last December, eight members would be in the top ten. That's unprecedented in MM's history, isn't it?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think you're correct, or at least since it makes sense to have top tens about this.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

By the time Chisaki graduates she'll have jumped ahead of the four members currently ahead of her!

And it still boggles the mind that Koharu was in MM longer than Miki Fujimoto, Aibon, Nono, Yuko and Maki!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Absolutely. But I also think it's because we have way more content of the Golden Era members (and Miki) than everyone who came afterwards. Back then MM was on TV every week, and not only to promote a new song, but to do... everything. Commercials, their own shows, guests in other shows, where they played little skits and stuff.

Nowadays we don't have these shows, and we don't have as many singles as back then. On top of that several members only get small snippets in the few songs that we do get - back in the day this could be smoothed out with TV shows, like how they featured Ogawa Makoto in skits for example.

While Koharu has a bunch of solo stuff under her name, her MM time was rather calm. She came after the bigger scandals and left during Platinum Era, and while she was one of those featured more than others she was no Ai or Reina either.

And then compare this to Chisaki. About 5 years, with more than two years of those being in a paralysing pandemic, and a good part of the rest where she had bigger problems with her voice and got nearly no singing parts. MM hasn't even had a stage play since 2018! It's just really hard to compare these tenures. Even Mizuki and Ikuta who are very likely to pass Sayumi as the longest serving MM members ever had to struggle with a pandemic, the slow release cycle and nearly no TV shows to themselves. Compare this to Goto Maki, who is very likely to stay the member with the 4th shortest tenure in the group!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I think it hasn't been mentioned here before, but Takase Kurumi has gotten herself a major voice acting gig: She's voicing Karabayashi Aoba in the animation of the mixed media project Shine Post. It's a series about idol groups (how fitting) and already got a light novel serialisation and manga and is about to get an anime and a video game.
Aoba is a member of the rivaling group HY:RAIN. The MV to GYB!! (Get You back) has been released today:

(Aoba is the girl with the long blonde hair.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That's pretty sweet for Kurumin, and a nice foot in the door should she want to pursue voice acting after her idol years.

Also sweet is MM's merch for JAPAN JAM 2022. I would actually wear this t-shirt in public. I kinda want one.

Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

DonJuan wrote: Sat Apr 23, 2022 11:47 am I think it hasn't been mentioned here before, but Takase Kurumi has gotten herself a major voice acting gig: She's voicing Karabayashi Aoba in the animation of the mixed media project Shine Post. It's a series about idol groups (how fitting) and already got a light novel serialisation and manga and is about to get an anime and a video game.
Aoba is a member of the rivaling group HY:RAIN. The MV to GYB!! (Get You back) has been released today:

(Aoba is the girl with the long blonde hair.
Was it just me or did the person before her sound like Koharu? :huh: