Hello!Spam :: 2023 ~Dancing, Singing, Exciting!~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Re: Hello!Spam :: 2022 ~Love and Peace~

Post by JPope »

Shion and Rin Kawana join Risa and Bitter & Sweet for "Boogie Woogie Love"

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So with Chisaki gone, MM has 12 members. When was the last time the group had 12? I believe it was in 2016 after Riho left but before Kanon Suzuki graduated. Was there ever another period with 12 members?
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Periods of 12 members I looked up

Happy Summer Wedding / Abe, Iida, Nakazawa, Yaguchi, Yasuda, Ichii, Goto, Kago, Tsuji, Yoshizawa, Ishikawa

Koko ni Iruzee!, MM no Hyokkori Hyoutanjima, AS FOR ONE DAY / Abe, Iida, Yaguchi, Yasuda, Kago, Tsuji, Yoshizawa, Ishikawa, Takahashi, Niigaki, Konno, Ogawa

THE Manpower!!! / Iida, Yaguchi, Yoshizawa, Ishikawa, Takahashi, Niigaki, Konno, Ogawa, Tanaka, Kamei, Michishige, Fujimoto

Pyocopyoco Ultra - Renai Hunter / Niigaki, Michishige, Tanaka, Mitsui, Sayashi, Ikuta, Fukumura, Suzuki, Kudo, Sato, Ishida, Iikubo

Utakata Saturday Night! / Suzuki, Ikuta, Fukumura, Ishida, Sato, Kudo, Iikubo, Oda, Makino, Haga, Ogata, Nonaka

Furari Ginza / Fukumura, Ikuta, Ishida, Sato, Iikubo, Oda, Makino, Haga, Nonaka, Kaga, Yokoyama, Morito
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

You want cute? You got it.
ONE PLUS ONE: Risa Irie × Akane Haga - "Koishite Mitakute"

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

What a good combo :heart:

I absolutely have no worries for the next generation of Morning Musume taking over (as in, once 9th-11th gen are out).
It took 12th gen a long time to grow into what the girls are now, but they're good.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I decided to do a quick rundown of who was out with corona so far:

Morning Musume:
- Fukumura Mizuki (January 25th 2022)
- Ishida Ayumi (May 16th 2022)
- Makino Maria (May 23rd 2022)
- Kaga Kaede (May 31st 2022)
- Yokoyama Reina (January 27th 2022)
- (Morito Chisaki (May 13th 2022))
- Yamazaki Mei (May 23rd 2022)

ANGERME
- Kamikokuryo Moe (June 18th 2022)
- Kawamura Ayano (June 21st 2022)
- Ise Laya (July 24th 2021)
- Hirayama Yuki (June 21st 2022)

Juice=Juice
- Arisawa Ichikawa (April 1st 2022)

Tsubaki Factory
- Tanimoto Ami (January 27th 2022)
- Akiyama Mao (January 7th 2022)
- Kasai Yuumi (January 27th)
- Yofu Runo (January 24th 2022)

Beyooooonds
-

OCHA NORMA
- Saito Madoka (June 6th 2022)
- Ishiguri Kanami (June 3rd 2022)
- Yonemura Kirara (January 27th 2022)

Might be missing some. Some girls also went into quarantine because they were close contacts, like Mizuki did like 3 times lol (once bc she worked with Haruna shortly before she was diagnosed, after that two of her families got corona, etc.).

Generally speaking you can see patterns of breakouts. Also speaks for the new variant of corona that all but Layla got infected this year.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Marine Fukuda recording "Adrenaline Dame" from the latest Upcoming.

Girl has come a long way. She's not perfect -- a little out of control and shouty at times -- but she's added a shit-load of power and expanded her effective range by a lot. Once she gets control of that power, lookout. I love that she's so into it, too, like she's not thinking or stressing about getting it right, she's just feeling it and performing. It reminds me a little of Kishimon recording "Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta" in that respect.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, all of Tsubaki's newest gen is incredibly talented musically. As you say, Marine is missing control at this point - but many great H!P singers had the same problem. The best H!P singers (of modern H!P anyways) started out with a whole lot of passion, like Ruru. Not saying she'll be the next Ruru, but she's gonna sing circles around most of H!P once she can control her voice, because it definitely has a good richness to it.

Now tell me how they couldn't find a single amazing singer for Juice's last audition or for MM between 11th and 15th gen <_<
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ruru was pretty polished when she debuted, but Kishimon is a decent comparison I think, even if she was better than Marine at debut.

As for MM, I'm bullish on Mei. She started out strong, and has improved steadily every year. She's more technique than feel at this point, but so was Sakura when she was young.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh certainly. I had Ruru as a KSS in mind though. I remember not liking her singing much, since she used to yell a lot, but once she debuted in Juice she was absolutely decent. Kishimon fits, yeah. Sakura definitely had to learn passion when she joined, but I feel that's the case with Morning in general... they try being polished, and passion gets lost along the way. Mizuki has also always been more matter-of-fact singing, though to be fair that's just her style. Duu is another example I can think of. The one off is Masaki who often was all over the place. Might be one of the reasons why she was so popular, though.

I do think Mei is going to be a top singer in MM, as is Rio - personally I enjoyed Rio a lot during Chisaki's grad concert. Mei might be more, well, the *strong* singer once she matures while Rio might be more in line with Mizuki (but with a different feeling to her voice). And while she's not a great singer, I do like Homare's singing better than her senpais's (except for the obviously better singers in the group).

Today marks the 5 year anniversary of Ruru joining Juice=Juice and Kawamuu joining ANGERME.
These two have reached so much in these 5 years. They're both subleaders by now (though to be fair, mostly due to mass exodus of their respective groups) and definitely can rock the stage. Especially Ruru of course, but I want to repeat how impressed I was with Kawamuu during Anju's Budokan concert. They're both charismatic, beautiful, and good performers.
Sometimes I do wonder how much of this is due to their groups. I think they both would have gone their way, but Juice and Anju seeing each other more as family than as hierarchy probably helped.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I think the clear analogs are Rio for Mizuki and Mei for Masaki, just in matching type of voice alone, and so far they've been holding up.

I don't know if they'll ever recreate Sakura's sound, and maybe they shouldn't. Rather than trading like for like, they could let some else put their own spins on her lines. They're already doing that to an extent with all of the Maa lines that Akane has inherited. They could have taken the easy way out and split them between Miki and Mei, but instead they're letting Akane change the sound completely.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Zoe wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:19 am I think the clear analogs are Rio for Mizuki and Mei for Masaki, just in matching type of voice alone, and so far they've been holding up.
Mei is somewhere between Maa and Sakura for me because I think she's better than Maa was at the same point, and not as good as Sakura. And like DJ pointed out, her style of singing tends more toward Sakura, but as you point out, her vocal timbre is closer to Maa.
DonJuan wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 8:46 am I do think Mei is going to be a top singer in MM, as is Rio - personally I enjoyed Rio a lot during Chisaki's grad concert. Mei might be more, well, the *strong* singer once she matures while Rio might be more in line with Mizuki (but with a different feeling to her voice). And while she's not a great singer, I do like Homare's singing better than her senpais's (except for the obviously better singers in the group).
I like Rio, but I find myself wishing that she'd have improved more than she has. Yes, it's totally unfair because she's solid, but I think at a certain point members have to give the company no choice but to push them (kinda like Mei has). And if you have enough such members, maybe they start dropping the "have you thought about what you're going to do after graduation?" talk on the oba-sans. :lol:

Since Homare joined, I've believed that she had the potential to sing better than the average "cute" member, but that it would take time. I still believe this, because every now and then that potential peeks through and makes you go "oh?" Her voice is really unique in MM, and she's got some natural energy and soul in her.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Good news!

kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Glad to hear she's coming back, I hope she's doing alright. That's such a scary condition to have.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Happy 10th Birthday to "One・Two・Three"!

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

:confused: (At it being 10 years)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

It actually feels longer than that for me.

In other news, Maria is getting a chance to plant some possible post-idol career seeds

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Takui Nakajima is really digging his Tsubaki Factory songs. Here's his acoustic cover of "Kon'ya Dake Ukaretakatta"

Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

As of July 7, Morning Musume now has three members who are 25 years old. I don't think that's happened before in the group's history, has it?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Marine's English is quite good.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Madara wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:58 pm As of July 7, Morning Musume now has three members who are 25 years old. I don't think that's happened before in the group's history, has it?
You're absolutely correct, especially since most girls left by the time they turned 25, except for Yuko.
JPope wrote: Thu Jul 14, 2022 4:52 pm Marine's English is quite good.

It is! I'm not surprised though, considering she's 1. lived in China and apparently attended an international school and 2. her interest in the language (as well as Chinese) seems to be supported by her mother. That's already two bonuses. She might also have a natural talent for pronunciation.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

DonJuan wrote: Sun Jul 17, 2022 11:14 am
Madara wrote: Thu Jul 07, 2022 2:58 pm As of July 7, Morning Musume now has three members who are 25 years old. I don't think that's happened before in the group's history, has it?
You're absolutely correct, especially since most girls left by the time they turned 25, except for Yuko.
Speaking of which, Mizuki and Erina are about to pass up Sayumi's tenure, they're at 11 years, 6 months, 19 days. Sayumi set the record at 11 years, 10 months, 7 days.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

That's crazy to think about. Seems like just yesterday 9th gen joined.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

And also that it's two girls at once. And Ayumi is not far behind.
Corona definitely did mess up the graduation schedule, but I guess the girls also don't really have anything else to do.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I think these three would still be around even if Corona never happened.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Shion Tamenaga cuts her lines for "Aisubeki Beki Human Life"

She's come a long way as a singer since she debuted, which was probably her only weakness. With Wakana being the child prodigy and Rin bursting out this year, Shion is kind of the forgotten member of her generation, but she's really good.

Speaking of really good, Kishimon recording "Idol Tenshoku Ondo" follows Shion in this episode, and it's absolutely worth watching. No one sells out as much as Yumeno in the studio, which is always fun to see. They don't show the Recording Director, but I believe Hoshibe is running the show for this one.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I don't even think Shion was in the back for her generation. She's the most popular of the three as far as I know, and she is very well known for her great stage performance, facial expressions, etc. Maybe dango-ki is just too strong for any of them to actually stick out.

Up Front giving MM fans another scare with releasing a Maria photobook named "the complete works".
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

JPope wrote: Thu Jul 21, 2022 4:56 pm I think these three would still be around even if Corona never happened.
Well don't forget that Erina was getting the graduation push, but she wanted to participate in all the Olympics activities (lol, so much for that).