[2018.05.09] ANGERME - Nakanai ze...Kyoukan Sagi / Uraha=Lover / Kimi Dake ja nai sa...friends (2018 Acoustic Ver.)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Farrah
ANGERME

Re: [2018.05.09] ANGERME - Nakanai ze...Kyoukan Sagi / Uraha=Lover / Kimi Dake ja nai sa...friends (2018 Acoustic Ver.)

Post by Farrah »

I thought I wouldn't like this single but I'm actually really enjoying Uraha Lover, and I think Nakanai ze is fun too lol.  It's not their best but not their worst, either, imo (I'd probably give that title to the Ai Sae Areba single). 

Uraha's video is really well done but the aesthetic is so weird for a song like this.
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GaleKakumei
カントリー・ガールズ

Re: [2018.05.09] ANGERME - Nakanai ze...Kyoukan Sagi / Uraha=Lover / Kimi Dake ja nai sa...friends (2018 Acoustic Ver.)

Post by GaleKakumei »

I'm loving Uruha=Lover, the set is beautiful. I still wish they had better choreography, but it is still very nice.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

[quote="Farrah"]
I thought I wouldn't like this single but I'm actually really enjoying Uraha Lover, and I think Nakanai ze is fun too lol.  It's not their best but not their worst, either, imo (I'd probably give that title to the Ai Sae Areba single). 
[/quote]

You sum up my thoughts exactly.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I think Uruha's choreo would look pretty decent if they could do it remotely synchronized LOL.  Nakanai, though... what the hell are those formations?  I know they have a million members now but jesus.  

I've officially decided I prefer Musubu as a member of this group.  She didn't shine in Country Girls at all (imo) but she has so much charisma with Angerme.

Were some of them lipsyncing here?  A couple parts sound sus but it's so rare for H!P to bother with that.
Last edited by Farrah on Tue May 01, 2018 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

[quote="Farrah"]
I think Uruha's choreo would look pretty decent if they could do it remotely synchronized LOL.  Nakanai, though... what the hell are those formations?  I know they have a million members now but jesus.  

I've officially decided I prefer Musubu as a member of this group.  She didn't shine in Country Girls at all (imo) but she has so much charisma with Angerme.

Were some of them lipsyncing here?  A couple parts sound sus but it's so rare for H!P to bother with that.
[/quote]

Morning Musume and especially Tsubaki have been singing to loud backtracks way more often than they used to. That sounds like what's happening here.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="213598" data-time="1525204865">
<div>

[/quote]

Morning Musume and especially Tsubaki have been singing to loud backtracks way more often than they used to. That sounds like what's happening here.

</div>
</blockquote>

That's such a shame!  MM and Tsubaki are both, well, a disaster vocally but I think Angerme can handle themselves. Not to mention loud backing tracks and overly pitch corrected vocals are exactly what made me almost completely stop watching live performances by kpop idol groups LOL.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="213600" data-time="1525208634"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="213599" data-time="1525205427"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="213598" data-time="1525204865">
I think Uruha's choreo would look pretty decent if they could do it remotely synchronized LOL. Nakanai, though... what the hell are those formations? I know they have a million members now but jesus.

I've officially decided I prefer Musubu as a member of this group. She didn't shine in Country Girls at all (imo) but she has so much charisma with Angerme.

Were some of them lipsyncing <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8pl8qblbF4' class="bbc_url" title="External link">here</a>? A couple parts sound sus but it's so rare for H!P to bother with that.</blockquote>

</blockquote>

That's such a shame! MM and Tsubaki are both, well, a disaster vocally but I think Angerme can handle themselves. Not to mention loud backing tracks and overly pitch corrected vocals are exactly what made me almost completely stop watching live performances by kpop idol groups LOL.</blockquote>

Maybe it’s because of how edited the studio version is. They didn’t use it on any of the performances for their last single.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Debut at 2 with 30,990.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Ah, 10,000 less than Juice. That's a bit sad but I understand. Vivid Midnight is a total bop and Sexy Sexy a weird earworm, while I only kind of like Nakanai ze. 
It's sad because the overall production was pretty nice.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

This was an okay single. Nothing really stood out to me. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="213684" data-time="1525883162">
Ah, 10,000 less than Juice. That's a bit sad but I understand. Vivid Midnight is a total bop and Sexy Sexy a weird earworm, while I only kind of like Nakanai ze.

It's sad because the overall production was pretty nice.</blockquote>

It’s actually their second best day one ever. They’ve never killed it opening day.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Yeah, TsugiZoku is their highest first day with 33,742.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Ranked 2 with 44,677 copies.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Is there a clear reason why they sell less then Juice? Maybe this single wasn't as strong as Tsugi, but it still less then J=J:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Comparison to Oricon first weeks
111049 MM'17
*68266 Tsubaki
*51782 Juice=Juice
*45101 ANGERME(previous)
*44677 ANGERME(current)
*29947 Kobushi
*29053 Country Girls

Billboards numbers:
Morning Musume. '17 178,024
Tsubaki Factory - 81,473
Juice=Juice - 68,243
Angerme - 62,899 (previous)
Angerme - 51,005 (current)
County Girls - 57,530
Kobushi Factory - 33,723</blockquote>
Team Yellow love 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

# of events, fans income, people saving for other stuff, not liking the single, who knows.

I like seeing the numbers but honestly? Handshake events have deemed them worthless. Tsubaki has the second highest selling single of the year but they’re still not true up and comers and most of the group has no individual work because they only hit that figure by doing events for nearly four months. How much you sell has zero bearing on popularity or relevance.
Last edited by Anderei on Tue May 15, 2018 10:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="213744" data-time="1526406643"># of events, fans income, people saving for other stuff, not liking the single, who knows.

I like seeing the numbers but honestly? Handshake events have deemed them worthless. Tsubaki has the second highest selling single of the year but they’re still not true up and comers and most of the group has no individual work because they only hit that figure by doing events for nearly four months. How much you sell has zero bearing on popularity or relevance.</blockquote>
I know Tsubaki are pretty much doing only handshake and promo as events, but I was pretty suprised how much it shows in the numbers. Thanks :)
Team Yellow love 
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Tsubaki fans also didn't have any solo concert tours to put money towards.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I thought J=J and ANGERME both had the normal/same amount of events. Other than that... maybe J=J has more traditional wota fans? You know, the kind that buys like 200 copies of a single. Then again they disappeared for the times when J=J sold very badly.

Tsubaki is in no way comparable because of their 3 month event marathon. 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Uraha=Lover" is the best of the bunch here. It's pretty much run-of-the-mill ANGERME, but it's well done, with just enough surprising chord changes to keep it from feeling stale. I dig the music, and the video is pretty cool.

"Nakanai ze..." feels more dated, like out of the 2010 Berryz catalog. It's cool, but I expect more from this group than I ever did from Berryz. Those "sexy fireman" outfits are silly.

Which brings us to the "Kimi Dake ja nai sa...friends" remake. Look, this arrangement was not a bad idea per se, it was just a bad idea for this group. This should have been cut from the single the moment the girls finished recording their vocal parts, because literally no one sounds good on this. This is just not a style they excel at, and the worst thing you can do to a group is to set them up for failure, but H!P decided to master this plugged-toilet of a track anyway. (I love the arrangement, actually) No one wants to see a group they love sound like crap, but the girls sound really bad here. It sucks to see them struggle like this. It reminds me of MM hacking it through that solo piano set from a few years back.

Decent single. Not as good as J=J's, which is bad because ANGERME is supposed to slay all others in H!P.