[2018.06.13] Morning Musume - Are you Happy? / A gonna

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Anderei
つんく♂

Re: [2018.06.13] Morning Musume - Are you Happy? / A gonna

Post by Anderei »

I think her short tenure in a time where idols stay in their groups for AGES didn't help them make a case for a solo center either.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Anderei" data-cid="214263" data-time="1529550779">
I think her short tenure in a time where idols stay in their groups for AGES didn't help them make a case for a solo center either.</blockquote>The fans since the Platinum era have gotten spoiled with graduations for that reason... Granted a lot of the girls who graduated before that had groups or solos to go to after, but even the ones who didn't, didn't get a big send-off. They may have gotten a special part in the PV, but no big lines unless they were already slated as a lead. And even that didn't necessarily matter. Abe's graduation single always surprised me because even leading up to her graduation, she went more to the background than ever before. The PV was tribute to her send-off, though. (And that's only if I remember it correctly). It always seemed to me that they didn't want to give the girl leaving a HUGE part because then, they needed to have someone take over that part.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Thu Jun 21, 2018 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

It's true, very few graduations REALLY stand out in my mind.  Maki's was a big deal because she was the ultimate center, ultimate front girl of H!P who single handedly got them their breakout hit despite being only 13 LOL.  TsujiKago was definitely huge.  Kaori felt like a big deal because she was pretty much the mom of the group at that point in time.  JunLinEri felt like a big one to me because they all played a big part in the group and they all left at once.  But most graduations just sort of come and go, even for iconic members.  Even Takahashi's didn't feel that huge, despite the fact that she'd been vocally and visually fronting the group for like 8 years leading up to it - I frequently listen to her graduation single and forget that's even what it was, because she wasn't really paid any extra attention.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="214275" data-time="1529613848">
It's true, very few graduations REALLY stand out in my mind. Maki's was a big deal because she was the ultimate center, ultimate front girl of H!P who single handedly got them their breakout hit despite being only 13 LOL. TsujiKago was definitely huge. Kaori felt like a big deal because she was pretty much the mom of the group at that point in time. JunLinEri felt like a big one to me because they all played a big part in the group and they all left at once. But most graduations just sort of come and go, even for iconic members. Even Takahashi's didn't feel that huge, despite the fact that she'd been vocally and visually fronting the group for like 8 years leading up to it - I frequently listen to her graduation single and forget that's even what it was, because she wasn't really paid any extra attention.</blockquote>The only reason I know which singles are TakaAi, Risa's, Reina's, and Sayumi's last is because of their solos that were on the single.

Maki's, for me, is easy to pinpoint, but she still didn't have a big part in Do It! Now.
Last edited by Purin-chama on Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Maki benefited from the concurrent solo career. Even Natsumi didn't really start one until after she left.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Farrah" data-cid="214275" data-time="1529613848">
It's true, very few graduations REALLY stand out in my mind. Maki's was a big deal because she was the ultimate center, ultimate front girl of H!P who single handedly got them their breakout hit despite being only 13 LOL. TsujiKago was definitely huge. Kaori felt like a big deal because she was pretty much the mom of the group at that point in time. JunLinEri felt like a big one to me because they all played a big part in the group and they all left at once. But most graduations just sort of come and go, even for iconic members. Even Takahashi's didn't feel that huge, despite the fact that she'd been vocally and visually fronting the group for like 8 years leading up to it - I frequently listen to her graduation single and forget that's even what it was, because she wasn't really paid any extra attention.</blockquote>

Maybe that’s why it didnt feel huge, because what’s one more song you sing half of when you’ve sang half of nearly all of them for so long? She was very prominent in it though and had her solo. Her tour was very short though, it lasted only a month and ended in September.
<p class="bbc_center">Image