Yoshizawa Hitomi arrested for drunk driving & hit and run.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Farrah
ANGERME

Re: Yoshizawa Hitomi arrested for drunk driving & hit and run.

Post by Farrah »

These other details from the Yahoo article add a lot of context, too.

I get why that twitter user thinks it sounds intrusive, but to me it sounds like this information is actually being put out by her team in an effort to drum up sympathy, so I have a feeling she probably signed off on it.  It's very sad but in the end it's still really no excuse for driving drunk. 

Despite social stigma, there comes a time when adults have to take responsibility for their lives and seek help, for themselves and their families.  Furthermore, I actually know some functioning alcoholics who still won't get behind the wheel of a car when they're drinking, whether that mean using public transportation or services like Uber just to get to and from work.

I feel bad for her and it sucks that she is clearly self medicating some mental health stuff with alcohol (and I get it, because I've done it myself) but in the end... she's lucky she didn't kill someone, which is why this situation is bigger than just her. =/ 

The situation with mental health in Japan is bad, but with a lot of celebrities coming out about thinks like anxiety disorder, eating disorders and so forth, it looks like things are slowly improving.  She needs to swallow her pride and go to rehab, pronto.  Admitting to mental illness can be embarrassing, but driving drunk and hitting two pedestrians is much more so.
Last edited by Farrah on Thu Sep 13, 2018 12:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah... yeah. No matter how bad your life is, you can't risk other people's life because of your problems. That's where it crosses the line. 
I think the best way for her is to retire, she probably has to go to prison after all, and get help for her alcoholism. It sucks so much that all this becomes public through dirt like Shukan Bunshun.

[The rest of this post was just a repetition of Farrah's post above lol and has therefore been deleted.]
Last edited by DonJuan on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

@DonJuan; Check the post before yours. =P

At least in Austria you wouldn't have to go to prison for this.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^lol, sorry my reading comprehension is 0 haha.

In Germany you wouldn't go to prison either, but I think driving laws here are generally too lax.
I've looked around a bit and found this article about traffic offences in Japan from 2016. This might be interesting:

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">Driving while intoxicated: imprisonment for up to 5years, or up to JPY1,000,000 fine
Drink driving BrAC 0.15 mg/L or over: imprisonment for up to 3years, or up to JPY500,000 fine
Drug driving: imprisonment for up to 3years, or up to JPY500,000 fine
Negligence of duty to aid (Hit and run): imprisonment for up to 5years, or up to JPY1,000,000 fine
Speeding 50km or more over: imprisonment for up to 6months, or up to JPY100,000 fine</blockquote> 
Seems like she doesn't have to go to prison, but it's not out of the possible.
Last edited by DonJuan on Thu Sep 13, 2018 1:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I think she’ll definitely just get fined. I’d be shocked if she goes to prison.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

The streetcam footage of the accident made its way to twitter....
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

Holy fucking shit, that looks gnarly as fuck.  She flew through that red light even with several pedestrians visibly crossing.  There is no way she wasn't shit faced drunk.  I already didn't believe it was only three chu-hai the night before, but looking at this, it's amazing she even tried to claim that.  Claims of "heavy traffic" were also obviously incorrect.

(I am dying at everyone just walking by and pretending that didn't just happen  :whatthe: remind me not to get hit by an SUV in Japan lmao)
Last edited by Farrah on Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

What the fuck Yossie, she didn’t even stop for a second to see if they were okay. After all that has come out my respect for her has dropped way low. Making a mistake is one thing but refusing to own up to it by lying and making excuses (if she did agree to those personal details being released) is the worst.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

FUUUUUCK! That was no joke. How did that chick pushing the bike just pop right up like that? Those two are lucky as fuck that Drunk Yossi didn't show up a second later, because she didn't see shit. My guess is that she was nodding off, and the impact woke her up. She honestly might not have known that she hit a person until she put two-and-two together a few blocks down the road. This is definitely worse than I imagined it.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TicTacAnyone" data-cid="215283" data-time="1536883771">The streetcam footage of the accident made its way to twitter....</blockquote> 
I'm also amazed that nobody helped, even if those are just school kids walking by.

That fucking "if I don't look, I can't be held responsible" mentality of the Japanese.
Last edited by Ap2000 on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Well they probably walked by because they seemed okay? I was hit by a car in Japan (and I had to be taken to the ER in an ambulance) and a bunch of people came over to help me.

But I also lived in the countryside and not Tokyo.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="215291" data-time="1536920370">
I'm also amazed that nobody helped, even if those are just school kids walking by.

That fucking "if I don't look, I can't be held responsible" mentality of the Japanese.
</blockquote>

Absolutely. On first look I found it nearly as shocking as Yossy just driving into them. Even if they were "okay" they could help them up at least... but eh, different cultures and stuff.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yeah, that no one bothered to walk over to either of them just ask if they were okay is astonishing. That was the first thing my wife mentioned when I showed her this. 
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

To be fair they probably were school kids and just didn’t know what to do. I would be shocked in that situation too.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

damn this is some Kago level juicy sad shit lol. I didn’t expect to get a video out of this also
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

I can't believe that nobody was killed after she just plowed into them like that.... oh my god...............

(I also noticed the lack of help from the people too!)
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="honey"]
damn this is some Kago level juicy sad shit lol. I didn’t expect to get a video out of this also
[/quote]

This is so far beyond Kago that's unfair to even compare the two. Kago was a mess, but the only person her bad decisions ever hurt was herself. Yossi is lucky to not be facing real prison time for vehicular manslaughter.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="215307" data-time="1536985022"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="honey" data-cid="215302" data-time="1536966744">
</blockquote>

This is so far beyond Kago that's unfair to even compare the two. Kago was a mess, but the only person her bad decisions ever hurt was herself. Yossi is lucky to not be facing real prison time for vehicular manslaughter.</blockquote>

Eh... I would put her suicide attempt up there...
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Yoshizawa’s contract was terminated, she’s no

longer with UF.

http://www.jp-r.co.jp/hitomi_yoshizawa/news/9274/
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The only thing surprising about this is how long it took to happen.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Sad, but others have been terminated for less.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, the only way to avoid this would have been Yossy retiring from showbiz.
kitaoji
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by kitaoji »

she's retiring and terminating her contract. My reading is that both parties agreed to terminate, not that she was released (aka fired).
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="kitaoji" data-cid="215437" data-time="1538160053">she's retiring and terminating her contract. My reading is that both parties agreed to terminate, not that she was released (aka fired).</blockquote>
That's just the polite way of saying she was fired.
Especially in Japan.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"We've made the mutual decision to part ways" is how a loyal company allows someone they're firing to save a bit of pride, even if everyone in the world knows they just shit-canned her.
Pi Mako
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by Pi Mako »

TokyoHive has a good article that translate's Hitomi's statement for a non-Japanese speaker, such as myself lol
----------------------------------------------

http://www.tokyohive.com/article/2018/09/yoshizawa-hitomi-to-retire-from-showbiz

The fax included a statement from Yoshizawa, saying, "<i>While facing myself, I became aware of my weakness and immaturity. What I did is something that will never be forgiven. Above all, I sincerely apologize to those I've hurt.</i>" 

She continued, "<i>From now on, I will atone for the crime I've committed and move forward as a member of society and a mother, so that I will not be ashamed of my behavior. In addition, I will retire from showbiz, which I have been a part of for the past 18 years.</i>"
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

Well, there goes my short-lived dream of 4th gen performing together again.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Those are two deep, long bows by Yossi in that video.
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="215433" data-time="1538137780">Yoshizawa’s contract was terminated, she’s no
longer with UF.
http://www.jp-r.co.jp/hitomi_yoshizawa/news/9274/</blockquote>This is one of the saddest readings in the whole history of Hellpro.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

RIP. Kago’s return proved to me that anything’s possible (even if it took 10 years), but I really do not see Yoshizawa coming back from this ever.