Yoshizawa Hitomi arrested for drunk driving & hit and run.

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Yoshizawa Hitomi arrested for drunk driving & hit and run.

Post by Shoujo Q »

It's being reported on the news this morning that Yoshizawa Hitomi was arrested for drunk driving and hit and run.

There are reports that two people were injured.

She was supposed to appear with Yasuda Kei for an upcoming campaign event for McDonalds but was absent.

Official Source
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Thu Sep 06, 2018 3:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Purin-chama
ANGERME

Re: Yoshizawa Hitomi arrested for drunk driving & hit and run.

Post by Purin-chama »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="215133" data-time="1536227493">
It's being <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://norisoku.com/archives/54102654.html' class="bbc_url" title="External link">reported</a> on the news this morning that Yoshizawa Hitomi was arrested for drunk driving and hit and run.

There are reports that two people were injured.

She was <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://news.line.me/issue/entertainment ... 6226553068' class="bbc_url" title="External link">supposed</a> to appear with Yasuda Kei for an upcoming campaign event for McDonalds but was absent.

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=2018 ... rimev-soci' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Official Source</a></blockquote>
...Wasn't that how her brother passed away? I vaguely remember it had to do with him riding a bike.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

YES! If I were her parents, I'd slap her upside the head with how stupid and reckless she was. She's 33 for goodness sake. She was in a accident last year as well. Obviously Yossi can't drive for shit.

THANKFULLY, from what I've been reading. It was just a woman that she hit. She fell off her bike and fell onto a guy so it was only mild injuries, nothing life threatening. From what I read she was out drinking the night before and then left the next morning to drive home. It happened around 7 in the morning. So on one hand, at least she waited. But the bad part is, after she hit the lady she tried to run away and that's where everything just falls apart. If she had stayed at the scene, it wouldn't have been so bad. I mean, it's bad, but it wouldn't have been AS bad. 

She's already being blasted on social media for this. So right now, it's not so good for her and UF. Especially since she's also in the upcoming H!P Summer concert that was filmed for release. They could very well just nix the whole OG section or delay the release or even cancel it. (And I'd be super upset about that since Kago was part of that....) 
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

DUI is SUPER serious in Japan, the legal driving limit is zero unless that changed in the last nine years (which I doubt).  I expected better of her, I lived in bumblefuck and still managed not to drive after drinking in Japan. :\ 
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Oh Yossy, oh Yossy... shit. Especially her personal story, her brother's death, sits so wrong with this. 

We've seen many dark sides on idol life. Kago (as well as others...) smoking, some idols getting very thin due to stress and/or forcing them into some ideal, anxiety and/or panic disorders (though these don't have to be a consequence of idol life)... sadly enough, drinking problems fit right in. It's known that Yossy is a heavy drinker, several former members and I think she herself have said that. This just sucks. 

Also, apparently one victim has talked about it on twitter, highlighted by Wota In Translation: https://twitter.com/wotatranslation/status/1037690357377429504

[spoilerbox]
[/spoilerbox]

/EDIT: I'm not excusing this in anyway by the way. I'm very, very disappointed that she did something so stupid, so dangerous.
Last edited by DonJuan on Thu Sep 06, 2018 8:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Does the news piece say she was intoxicated, or just that she was drinking the night before?

Leaving the scene was the worst thing she could do. It shows a lack of regard for another human's life. I hit a guy on a bike (we were both at fault, but me more so because I was piloting the 1.5 ton metal box), and I can't imagine just driving away from it. You want to help the person out, and make sure they're not seriously injured. (Thankfully, he was fine). My respect for Hitomi is pretty much all gone now. She's sub-Yaguchi.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="JPope"]
My respect for Hitomi is pretty much all gone now. She's sub-Yaguchi.
[/quote]

It feels bad for me to say since she's been my favourite H!P member since nearly forever, but I feel the same way. Kago's smoking? Dumb, but didn't really hurt anyone. Yaguchi's cheating? Might have broken her husbands heart, but other than that he probably got better. Being in a drunk hit and run accident? Deadly. It's not just a drunk accident. Had it been more severe and had the victim not gotten help quickly it could have ended really, really badly.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Yoshizawa’s Instagram page has been taken down.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

This clears some things up, and also casts Yossi in a slightly better light. After 15 minutes, she apparently realized she fucked up, reported the incident and returned to the scene. It seems that she was indeed over the limit, although without knowing the actual number she blew, that doesn't necessarily mean "drunk", either. Still, this is really bad.

<div>"Yoshizawa, 33, ran a red light at around 7 a.m. in Nakano Ward, Tokyo, and hit a bicyclist with her vehicle, injuring a pedestrian nearby as well. She left the scene without reporting the incident, according to the sources.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>After about 15 minutes, Yoshizawa called police and reported that she’d hit a bicycle with her car and had returned to the scene, the sources said. The police questioned her and a breath test showed an alcohol level beyond the legal limit."</div>
Last edited by JPope on Thu Sep 06, 2018 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

:/

She was my oshi.

Not anymore...
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
[/quote]

I guess she'll do what Yaguchi did: Hide for a year and then re-appear on some TV show.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Or maybe longer. What she did was way worse.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

The legal limit is .03% which is next to NOTHING. She could have been completely "sober" when it happened. So I guess it just depends on if you want to give her benefit of the doubt, lol.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="215144" data-time="1536258961">
<div>
[/quote]

I guess she'll do what Yaguchi did: Hide for a year and then re-appear on some TV show.

</div>
</blockquote>

There's a very good chance that she's done as a viable celebrity. This is toxic. The only road back would be a very public and very heartfelt apology, followed by very public announcement of treatment, followed by a year or so out of the business, followed by the "I'm a changed person, and I want to help others learn from my awful mistakes" variety show tour. And even after all of that. there's no guarantee that anyone will give her work.
[quote="TheParuProject"]
The legal limit is .03% which is next to NOTHING. She could have been completely "sober" when it happened. So I guess it just depends on if you want to give her benefit of the doubt, lol.
[/quote]

Yeah, that's what I meant when I said that without knowing the actual number she blew, we can't know if she was "drunk" or just tired. Either way, leaving the scene was unforgivable.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

It’s hard to judge without knowing all the facts. I’m not excusing her behavior, but I can totally understand that she may have freaked out, left, then when she had a second of clarity she realized she made a mistake. Accidents happen all the time. I’m just glad no one was seriously injured.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="215136" data-time="1536240091">THANKFULLY, from what I've been reading. It was just a woman that she hit. She fell off her bike and fell onto a guy so it was only mild injuries, nothing life threatening. From what I read she was out drinking the night before and then left the next morning to drive home. It happened around 7 in the morning. So on one hand, at least she waited. But the bad part is, after she hit the lady she tried to run away and that's where everything just falls apart. If she had stayed at the scene, it wouldn't have been so bad. I mean, it's bad, but it wouldn't have been AS bad.</blockquote>
Words can not describe how disappointed I am.

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="215140" data-time="1536245967">It's known that Yossy is a heavy drinker, several former members and I think she herself have said that.</blockquote>
Do you have a source for that statement?
Last edited by Ap2000 on Thu Sep 06, 2018 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="JPope"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="215147" data-time="1536262023">
<div>

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Shoujo Q" data-cid="215144" data-time="1536258961">
<div>
[/quote]

</div>
</blockquote>

There's a very good chance that she's done as a viable celebrity. This is toxic. The only road back would be a very public and very heartfelt apology, followed by very public announcement of treatment, followed by a year or so out of the business, followed by the "I'm a changed person, and I want to help others learn from my awful mistakes" variety show tour. And even after all of that. there's no guarantee that anyone will give her work.
</div>
</blockquote>

Yikes. But maybe that's for the better. In the end she became a c-list celebrity doing a few variety shows after her graduation. Just like that one article that got published shortly before her grad announcement said. 
Maybe she can take some time to watch her drinking habits, too.
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TheParuProject" data-cid="215149" data-time="1536263177">The legal limit is .03% which is next to NOTHING. She could have been completely "sober" when it happened.</blockquote>
No, with 0.3‰ you are at least a bit tipsy.
0.3‰ basically means "don't drink and drive".
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="215152" data-time="1536264460">
It’s hard to judge without knowing all the facts. I’m not excusing her behavior, but I can totally understand that she may have freaked out, left, then when she had a second of clarity she realized she made a mistake. Accidents happen all the time. I’m just glad no one was seriously injured.</blockquote>

Of course we all know in hindsight that it’s a terrible idea to run from the scene, but I can see how she might have just panicked in the moment. The fact that she turned around makes me think she has some dignity. But driving under the influence is still a stupid, stupid thing to do and I hope she learns from this!
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I’m curious like some have said as to how drunk she was. If she had been out late drinking, she may have thought she was sober by the time she was driving, or couldn’t tell the difference. To me there’s a difference when someone is *wasted* and decides to drive anyways. That’s definitely horrible. I had an old coworker who did that, and ended up paralyzing an innocent man, lost his license, and got put under house arrest. I also had an old classmate that drove drunk and got into an accident and died, luckily the people he hit survived. That kind of recklessness I can’t understand.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

Yiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiikes...

Yossie's always been one of my favorite members but now I actually don't know how to feel about her. But yeah, holy crap, this is not a good situation for her to be in. I truly hope she realizes and fixes her mistakes because at this point, that's kinda all she can do.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Ap2000" data-cid="215156" data-time="1536270642"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="TheParuProject" data-cid="215149" data-time="1536263177">
The legal limit is .03% which is next to NOTHING. She could have been completely "sober" when it happened.</blockquote>No, with 0.3‰ you are at least a bit tipsy.

0.3‰ basically means "don't drink and drive".</blockquote>
This is true, especially because she’s a very thin woman. But her level could have also gone down between the time she got in the car and was actually tested. Takes you about an hour to get an oz out of your system.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Sep 06, 2018 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Hopefully this doesn't impact the release for the summer concerts.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="TheParuProject"]
[/quote]

I don't know what's worse - drunkenly deciding to run away from the scene, or stone cold sober deciding to run from the scene.  Both options make her look really, really bad LOL.

Anyway, I wanna be surprised by his, but I'm kind of not.  Yossie has always seemed kind of troubled to me - constantly yoyo'ing weight (sometimes becoming damn near skeletal), known for being a heavy drinker, etc. 

This whole situation is just sad.  Doesn't she have a child?  She could go to prison for this... I feel really bad for her family.
Last edited by Farrah on Thu Sep 06, 2018 6:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I highly doubt this is a jailing offense, since the victims sustained only minor injuries. She'll probably lose her license and, I suspect, pay the victims handsomely, though. 
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

To answer the other question, she does have a son. He turned 2 recently, iirc. Pretty sure she had him late summer.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="JPope"]
I highly doubt this is a jailing offense, since the victims sustained only minor injuries. She'll probably lose her license and, I suspect, pay the victims handsomely, though. 
[/quote]

That's true.  She really fucked up, they're gonna take her to the cleaners since she's a semi-celebrity and I feel like her chances of recovering from it in the public eye are slim because of the way this mirror's her brother's cause of death.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The angle with her brother is really going to hurt her in the eyes of the public, I think.

The fact that she's a minor celeb is the worst of all possible worlds for Yossi, because she probably has just enough money to make her a nice target for fleecing, not enough money to just absorb the fleecing without it being a problem, and being barred from the only industry she's ever worked in will make a financial recovery nearly impossible.  She's neither rich enough, poor enough nor anonymous enough to ride this out without major consequences. Anyone know what her husband does for a living?
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I just realized this, but they don't typically give you a breathalyzer test unless you seem off or smell of alcohol...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Ap2000
つんく♂

Post by Ap2000 »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="215177" data-time="1536301335">I just realized this, but they don't typically give you a breathalyzer test unless you seem off or smell of alcohol...</blockquote>
At least in Austria if you're involved in an accident it's mandatory you immediately get tested.