[POLL] Do You Think Morning Musume 15ki Will be Added Soon?

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

[POLL] Do You Think Morning Musume 15ki Will be Added Soon?

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Just out of curiosity, what are everyone's thought on if MM will get 15ki soon? (Soon is relative... I guess by "soon" I mean announcement of auditions/revealed members by/at Iikubo's graduation date.)

Last generation added was Morito Chisaki June 26, 2017. 13ki was added on December 12th, 2016.

After Iikubo graduates, the group will be at 11 members--the last time it was this small it only lasted for one single: Sexy Cat / Sou Ja Nai / Mukidashi de Mukiatte.

The last time the group was smaller than that was at 10 members, and it was that size for multiple singles... From Wagamama / Ai no Gundan -> Egao no Kimi / What is Love / Kimi no Kawari -> Toki wo Koe / Password is 0 -> TIKI BUN / Mikaeri Bijin / Shabadaba.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Re: [POLL] Do You Think Morning Musume 15ki Will be Added Soon?

Post by mrsross »

I think they're waiting for a few more member to leave. They're still kind of big. Probably when they get down to 10 or 9 or until someone else announces their graduation next year.
Last edited by mrsross on Wed Sep 19, 2018 10:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I feel like they're gonna announce auditions after another grad. Maybe in fall 2019.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Probably late next year after another grad announcement (Walk towards the light, Eri!) 

I wonder if Produce 48 generated any interest in the JPop model within Korea? Like if there are any young Korean girls who, having watched the show, see an expedited road to show-biz via JPop? I'd have no problem with UFA opening up auditions to Korean girls for the 15th gen.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

They don't really need to until Mizuki or Sakura leave.  Until then any new girls will just be in the back.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^ Good point lol.

Honestly, they don't need any new girls any time soon. It's the Mizuki/Sakura show with good sprinkles of Masaki and Ayumi (especially during concerts) and they already have Chisaki, Yokoyan, Maria and Chel in the second line. Should Mizuki or Sakura graduate in 2019 (or even in 2020) they should definitely think about adding a better singer soon (I'm still not sold on Chel), but everything else is fodder. We don't need any more Ikuta, Akane or Kaede. And while I'll miss the hell out of Harunan - they never made good use of her talking skill after all.

Granted, after a two-member and a solo generation (as well as adding 1-2 members per generation to the existing groups like ANGERME and Juice=Juice lately) I doubt they'll add a four-member generation any time soon, so just adding one good singer wouldn't be too bad. Would also make sense considering the solo-gen-rhythm of 3-7-11-15 (I don't really count Chisaki since she's still such a weird case). 
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’m think we’ll get audition announcements at the beginning of 2019 and then we won’t get any announcements of winners until September or later. And then it’ll just be a couple of KSS and then a bunch new audition failures join KSS. We’d need to have another graduation announcement though before it happens.
Formerly Mizura
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

For me, since it felt like they just kept adding members "nonstop" within a 2-year span, I just had feelings that they would try to shoehorn another gen in. As they added the new members, it felt simply like more members = more $$$$. More money without all the extra work of appearing on TV, crossovers, branding, shows & movies, etc (such as the golden era, when they had a lot of members, but it felt justified most the time.)

I really hope you all are right, and they just relax on the additions for a while. I would love to see a sort of spirit of competition between the girls, and they have the back girls show their worth.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I just hope that with KSS being more of a thing now, they can keep the average age of the group up.  You don't need early middle schoolers in the same group with 20 year olds anymore.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="215361" data-time="1537453224">
Probably late next year after another grad announcement (Walk towards the light, Eri!)

I wonder if Produce 48 generated any interest in the JPop model within Korea? Like if there are any young Korean girls who, having watched the show, see an expedited road to show-biz via JPop? I'd have no problem with UFA opening up auditions to Korean girls for the 15th gen.</blockquote>
Considering how many people apparently favored the Korean girls, I doubt it lol. There’s still so many survival shows coming out, it’s probably just another one to most of them.
Last edited by Anderei on Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Anderei"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="215361" data-time="1537453224">

I wonder if Produce 48 generated any interest in the JPop model within Korea? Like if there are any young Korean girls who, having watched the show, see an expedited road to show-biz via JPop? I'd have no problem with UFA opening up auditions to Korean girls for the 15th gen.
</blockquote>
Considering how many people apparently favored the Korean girls, I doubt it lol. There’s still so many survival shows coming out, it’s probably just another one to most of them.

[/quote]

Oh, I don't mean from the perspective of Korean fans, I mean from the perspective of potential Korean idols. Seeing how little talent it takes to be a Japanese idol and how little training they do before debuting might appeal to some Korean girls who want to be idols right now, as opposed to after 5-8 years of rigorous training in anonymity.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

They haven’t even announced the new members for the new groups. I think we’ll get that announcement in January at Winter Hello Con, then maybe summer/autumn 2019 announce auditions, but not add anyone until the winter concert in 2020.

Th group is pretty stale right now musically, they need to find their sound again instead of throwing more 13 year olds at the problem.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Sep 20, 2018 9:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR HAR
aine
ANGERME

Post by aine »

Everyone who voted "I want them to" gets banned :D/
Last edited by aine on Wed Jan 09, 2019 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯⎯
#whereisyui #ゆいちゃん
~breathe your last and fall into my eternal embrace~
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

So what happened?
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

A new audition has been announced. There's a thread for it I think.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I don’t even remember what I voted for xD
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
I don’t even remember what I voted for xD
[/quote]

Ha ha! Me either.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Y’all banned.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

I didn't vote, but suffice to say, I expected auditions this year, but I figured they'd get announced in Fall.  Really surprised they did it this soon!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^I also thought they'd wait until fall but apparently they really want to get them out there quickly. 
I don't know if it has been announced officially but the general consensus is that the winners will be announced at one of the spring tour Budokan dates - 6/5 or 6/5. Only three more months then  :eekrun: