Morning Musume。'19 LOVE Auditon

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Morning Musume。'19 LOVE Auditon

Post by momoirosaya »

MM is holding auditions again????

<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/f4Nzjs_r5xk' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/f4Nzjs_r5xk</a>
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Farrah
ANGERME

Re: Morning Musume。'19 LOVE Auditon

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Saya"]
MM is holding auditions again

<a class="bbc_url" href="https://youtu.be/f4Nzjs_r5xk" title="External link">https://youtu.be/f4Nzjs_r5xk</a>
[/quote]

Jesus fucking Christ.  Unless they have (long overdue) plans of graduating about 1/2 the current group, this is practically an exercise in futility.  The group is so damn big and filled to the brim with boring buzzkill dead weight, that even if they added some amazing girls, they'd get nowhere to shine.
Last edited by Farrah on Wed Jan 02, 2019 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

Blaaaaaah... the group has so many girls who are doing basically nothing already, there is no need to add more. There'd better be a graduation or two just around the corner, the group is too big as it is. And on top of that, I have no faith in them adding talented girls, just saying...
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

UFP just thinks the answer to everything is MOAR IDOLS

I’m placing my bets on a no winner audition though
Last edited by WonderBuono on Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’m hoping with this audition, it’ll bring some graduations but it’s doivtful and this is probably just a way for them to repopulate their KSS
Formerly Mizura
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

My hope is a double graduation in spring and another one in fall. Hopefully some front girls. Then they can add as many newbs as they like.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I'm stoked for new auditions. I'm always stoked for new auditions, because it's hope. Hope that the blind squirrels in suits stumble their way into tasty nut, even if their recent record leaves much to be desired. This is like the NFL draft for Detroit Lions fans: it's the only thing of interest all year, and even if they crap the bed again, at least there is hope they won't this time. So I say, bring on the auditions. I fully expect another graduation or two this year, anyway. I know it's a thin, frayed thread of hope, but it's something to grab my interest, which is more than the current crop of girls has done in over two years now.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Unless they get another pro-amateur like Riho or Gaki, their luck is looking really slim. These are the people that didn't put Uta in MM, afterall. We'll see.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

I really hope this audition isn't just another mask for getting new KSS/debuting KSS. If we actually got some girls for BEYOOOOONDS from last year's auditions, I don't see why we can't get some girls out of this one. Though I do hope at least one front girl (*cough* Masaki *cough*) graduates so that any new girls we get can hopefully get some spotlight.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="Zange"]
I really hope this audition isn't just another mask for getting new KSS/debuting KSS. If we actually got some girls for BEYOOOOONDS from last year's auditions, I don't see why we can't get some girls out of this one. Though I do hope at least one front girl (*cough* Masaki *cough*) graduates so that any new girls we get can hopefully get some spotlight.
[/quote]

Not one of the only girls in this group who can sing please! LOL Take Erina!
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I feel like Eripon would be so much more popular if she had a good singing voice. Like mentioned earlier, I could also see them pulling the thing with this audition, that seems to be the norm lately where there are no winners a just a few KSS get through.

Or I could see them adding girls from the last Hello Project Auditions to this (Yuriya, Anna, etc.)
Last edited by momoirosaya on Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Unfortunately neither of them seems to be great at singing. Is it that hard to put a good singer into MM?

That's honestly all I want. We have enough pretty faces. Everybody can dance. They don't need character because they never make use of it after all.

We need a Sakura situation where a girl can be put at the front simply because she is better than all the others.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="DonJuan"]
We need a Sakura situation where a girl can be put at the front simply because she is better than all the others.
[/quote]

If anything, we need two or three!  I'm actually in the unpopular camp of "Sakura is overrated" or at least, "Sakura never lived up to her true potential", but I'll take just about anything at this point after years of mostly useless additions to the group, lol.  They don't do variety anymore, the DVD magazines (do they still do those) were boring as hell last time I checked in on them, so fuck personality at this point - it'll be wasted.  Dancers?  I forget Ayumi can even dance since the group's choreography is so painfully bad, those are a waste too.  Just give me an utahime, better yet two, and I'll be satisfied lol.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I kinda want another three-member generation since we haven't had one of those for a while, but I already know they're gonna add four.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="216519" data-time="1546600424">
<div>
[/quote]

If anything, we need two or three!  I'm actually in the unpopular camp of "Sakura is overrated" or at least, "Sakura never lived up to her true potential", but I'll take just about anything at this point after years of mostly useless additions to the group, lol.  They don't do variety anymore, the DVD magazines (do they still do those) were boring as hell last time I checked in on them, so fuck personality at this point - it'll be wasted.  Dancers?  I forget Ayumi can even dance since the group's choreography is so painfully bad, those are a waste too.  Just give me an utahime, better yet two, and I'll be satisfied lol.

</div>
</blockquote>

I thought Sakura plateaued early, then took a leap forward about three years ago. I haven't heard much live stuff the past year or so, so I can't comment on whether she's regressed from there, but I remember writing that she had finally become something close to what we all hoped she would become after watching the 2017 Spring concert. I heard more personality and soul in her singing in that show than ever before. And Sakura has way more stamina than most of MM's past great singers, which is not nothing.

Other than that, I agree with everything else you wrote. But we've been saying this for what seems like a decade now.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="JPope"]
 But we've been saying this for what seems like a decade now.
[/quote]

I feel like Japanese wota "culture" (for lack of a better word) has evolved a little and this is why nothing changes.  Quirky, talented girls were very popular back in the day but now wota only want mediocre little yamato nadeshiko, honor student types.  Such a shame.  Like, I wonder if some of H!P's former front girls would even be liked by the current Japanese fanbase... how well would a Yaguchi Mari go over in 2019?  Hard to tell but I have doubts, LOL.

Sakura ain't so bad, I guess I just always envisioned her having a more powerful presence than she ended up with.  I'd basically place her alongside Takahashi - a dynamic performer who lacks that special something to make me actually give a crap about her.  She and Mizuki just don't do it for me as far as front girls go.
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I agree, but that's enough for me personally. I'd totally settle for another Ai. But that seems totally out of question at the moment.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Farrah"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="216531" data-time="1546662320">
<div>
 But we've been saying this for what seems like a decade now.
[/quote]

Sakura ain't so bad, I guess I just always envisioned her having a more powerful presence than she ended up with.  I'd basically place her alongside Takahashi - a dynamic performer who lacks that special something to make me actually give a crap about her.  She and Mizuki just don't do it for me as far as front girls go.

</div>
</blockquote>

Yeah, Sakura definitely is lacking in the "presence" department, but I think she's a really good idol-singer who shows flashes of greatness. Mizuki bores me, and while she's a solid singer, she isn't nearly good enough at it to make me interested in her. 

[quote="DonJuan"]
I agree, but that's enough for me personally. I'd totally settle for another Ai. But that seems totally out of question at the moment.
[/quote]

Same. I've accepted the reality that interesting personalities are not what they're looking for, and if we get one, it'll be by accident. 
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I would like...

-A girl like Masaki to rival her (I could also see this being marketable, like the DuuMaa combo), definitely someone younger than Maa

-A girl like Riho, someone who already has that ace aura. No one in the group gives me ace vibes - although that may be just more of an H!P, they seem to have a lot of what I call B Level Ace girls (like what Reina was to Ai, or actually more like what “Eri and Risa” were to “Reina and Ai”)

-A cool beauty type, to balance the group looks wise
Last edited by momoirosaya on Sat Jan 05, 2019 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Some newspaper(s?) have announced that the new members will be introduced at the spring tour, which would mean March-June.

Makes me worry that they already have KSS in mind and just want to take a look whether there's some new face they like, too.
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

At least this means these are actual Morning Musume auditions and not a fishing expedition for new KSS to waste.

I'm normally cool with them adding KSS to the lineup, but hasn't a huge portion (if not all) of the talent over there gone to BEYOOOOONDS?  I don't want KSS if all that's left is the stragglers...
Last edited by Farrah on Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Eh, judging from the latest recitals most suck at singing, definitely. And yeah, there's only 15 of them left, three of them have been added last November so we haven't heard them sing solo yet. At least all 15 are in the right age range (they lowered it to 10 - since 9th gen auditions actually. This totally flew over my head.*). So yeah, they could add Yuriya. 

*Since the 9ki auditions the age range has been 10 to 17, while the Happy 8ki only wanted elementary school graduates but not older than 21. I'm pretty glad we haven't had someone younger than 12 aside from Duu I think. 
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

It'll be interesting to watch and I hope there are winners versus none like some of the previous ones.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

No new members have been announced at today's tour final. Next possible date for the revelation is 7/13, the first day of the summer concerts.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So it seems that the 15th Generation will be announced in a "live broadcast" on YouTube on 6/22

Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

[quote="Solarblade"]
So it seems that the 15th Generation will be announced in a "live broadcast" on YouTube on 6/22

[/quote]

This strikes me as particularly interesting because to my knowledge, I don't think they've ever announced a gen in this format before (correct me if I'm wrong please)
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

Hopefully there will actually be people chosen this time. It would be weird to have a live broadcast and not have that happen
Formerly Mizura
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

but a Morning Musume ‘19 DISAPPOINTING ☆ DISAPPARTY would be so on brand
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

I hope we get some fresh faces who are ready to be in the group right now instead of eyeing a few girl(s) the having them be Eggs for a while routine or it just being all Eggs. I also want another 3-nin generation.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

[quote="Mizura"]
Hopefully there will actually be people chosen this time. It would be weird to have a live broadcast and not have that happen
[/quote]

I'm sure they wouldn't announce the broadcast if they didn't pick girls. I'm just assuming that this and next week will all be about contract signing and getting them prepped for the big reveal. 

Though now with the Juice factor. I'm torn. Girls I wanted in Morning Musume will probably be throw into Juice and girls I didn't want in Morning Musume will probably be thrown into Morning Musume. As far as KSS are concerned. I still want fresh faces. But I also would like some KSS so that those fresh off the street girls have someone to lean on when they can't get something right. 

I also want a 3 member generation. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.