[2019.04.10] ANGERME - Koi wa Accha Accha / Yumemita 15nen

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

Re: [2019.04.10] ANGERME - Koi wa Accha Accha / Yumemita 15nen

Post by Elpis »

I'm not too fond of most of the covers. Regular B probably looks the best.
Formerly Mizura
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

I liked Accha when I first listen to the radio rip but now that I have a bit more to go off of I like it a lot more now.

That dance though... definitely a few things I could say about it but I'll save it for now.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

Post by Revangelis »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJk0PxPUfb8

The PV for Yumemita 15nen is out.
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I definitely like it better with the PV, it got me all emotional.  BUT I'm not sure I like the song enough to just...listen to it if that makes sense.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The song is ridiculously boring.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

The song wasn't the most interesting, but it felt really nostalgic which helped it a bit for me. I don't think I'll be listening to the song much though.
Formerly Mizura
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

I think the song is great if only for the purpose it serves. I probably wouldn't choose to listen to it over Angerme's other songs, though. And the PV was so sweet.
 -  -  -  
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

I wasn't too sure, but now I'm sold.
Outdoor shoot, a concept, a weird dance, I'm all for it.

Koi wa Acchaa MV
Last edited by AquaChan on Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That's lit. I love it. 
Will this be the next ANGERME song I listen to on my way to work for 3 months? Probably.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I like it but I wish the screen time for the girls was more even. Some didn’t get that “special” scene in costumes with dancers behind them. I also wish they weren’t shoving Funaki to the front so much, I feel like she gets more lines and screen time now than other members.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Even more than Moe and Kassa? I can kind of see it with Murotan, but even Rikako seems to have gotten more spotlight than her recently.*
Though Kana and Rina have gotten nearly nothing, that's true.

*Rikako has never been a back girl, but they're going full out on her "fashion"/"model" role.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

It's official: this is my new favorite Angerme song/PV combo. Caught a nice little detail in the scene where Dawa's in the wedding dress with some of the other members wearing dresses of their member colors. Dunno if that was intentional or not bc I don't think all the girls had that, but it was neat regardless.

I will say, I did not like that weird head bop jerk-thing (idk what it's called man) when the live performance came out but I think it's starting to grow on me now.
 -  -  -  
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Great video, and the song has grown on me. The whole package feels very 8-nin Kobushi Factory to me, but Angerme is so good that they can pull it off pretty easily. 
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Koi wa Accha Accha is the MV of the year. But it's actually the PV I like more than the MV. Imagine my shock when I saw that the MV wasn't the same as the PV? :O I got giddy. They busted a TON of money into this ANGERME single. Yume Mita 15nen pales and gets lost because of the brilliance that is Koi wa Accha. Which, I guess, is why they waited so long to release it. But now they are trying to make it a viral thing and it's gone into the point of them trying too hard. Sometimes you just got to let it happen naturally. 

Yume Mita 15nen would be great, if I cared at all about Ayaka. But I don't so it's more just an interesting video to watch just to catch all the previous dance moves from past singles and less a song that will ever appear on my rotation.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Koi wa Accha Accha is the MV of the year. But it's actually the PV I like more than the MV. Imagine my shock when I saw that the MV wasn't the same as the PV?
[/quote]

What are you talking about?

Never mind I found it

And then I threw together a splitscreen in iMovie
Last edited by WonderBuono on Fri Apr 19, 2019 4:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

I gave Accha Accha so much side eye when they initially announced the concept... wow happy to admit I was wrong lol. This song is an ear worm and it’s really nice to see a H!P MV with a concept and production quality. Angerme has been generally consistent in good songs and members that have really blossomed and grown over the years... they and Tsubaki have definitely taken over MM for me in terms of reliably good shit. 2019 seems to be a good year for H!P groups overall so far, giving me hope and interest back ????
Last edited by honey on Sat Apr 20, 2019 5:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
But now they are trying to make it a viral thing and it's gone into the point of them trying too hard. Sometimes you just got to let it happen naturally. 

[/quote]

Yeah, it's tough to hard-sell people to buy into a trend. They gotta want to play along, or they won't.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Koi wa Accha Accha is starting to make the twitter rounds for the wrong reasons.
People just don't understand cultural appropriation vs. cultural appreciation. 

It's starting to filter into the music video on Youtube as well. 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I’m honestly surprised that didn’t happen sooner. I wasn’t sure whether to be uncomfortable when it first came out lol. I’ve been meaning to ask my Japanese professor from India what she thinks.

I don’t see how some people thought it was mocking their culture though? Yeah the MV and dance is kinda silly but I didn’t think it was because they thought that culture was funny though. ????
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

99% of all accusations of "cultural appropriation" are acts of pure clout-chasing virtue-signaling.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Well...

In Western Europe and North America (I don't know much about Middle- and South America, sorry) this would certainly be considered cultural appropriation. Thing is, Japan is probably not familiar with this concept at all. They low-key celebrated Gwen Stefani's Harajuku phase. I guess it's because Japan is still a very homogenic country and few minorities speak up against stuff like that. 

I am surprised though that they find the "official" MV offensive and not the one with the curry shop. That was cringy. 

From what I've seen some people (also Indian/with Indian roots) were offended that "Accha/Acha" is a phrase used by several South East Asian communities, that they were dressed in "wedding dresses" and that the music a mix of Arabian (?) and Bollywood styles. 

I do think it is quite on the border to CA, however it's ironic coming from the KPop fandom considering cultural appropriation there.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Well...

In Western Europe and North America 
[/quote]

In certain parts of Western Europe and North America. A great many of us are tired of this shit.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I mean sometimes it's right to call it out. When fashion brands tried to sell feathered headdresses it was right to call them out because they hold spiritual meaning in Indigenious culture - and it's definitely very questionable considering the situation of Native Americans in the US.
Then we have bindi: Some people say it's bad when western celebrities wear them as a fashion, others like it because it looks like they're embracing Indian culture.

My point is: If a person of that culture tells you it's questionable then it probably is, though up for discussion. I don't know who that thread starter is, whether they're Indian themselves, have Indian roots or are just someone who has no links to the culture - the big problem with cultural appropriation is that the loudest are usually the latter one.

Personally I think Koi wa Accha Accha falls into the "embracing Indian culture/fashion/aesthetics" category - though the coffee shop version of the MV is icky.

Once again: I think this concept simply doesn't exist in Japan. First, it's very homogenic, and second, most of the times Japanese people like foreigners trying on kimono, visiting tea ceremonies or engaging in pop culture (aside from weeaboos. Nobody likes weeaboos.). However if you'd ask Japanese living abroad they'd probably tell you otherwise, or at least some of them.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Yeah I’m with DonJuan. I don’t find any problem with the song and dance itself, but I definitely found the cafe scene cringy.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

My favorite bit of "cultural appropriation" freak-out was when the mostly white student body of Eastern Michigan University decided that using "Hurons" as the team name was culturally insensitive to the Native American tribe for which they were named. Did it matter that the actual Huron Tribe wanted EMU to keep using the name, as not only were they not offended by it, but they believed the university to be honoring their tribe which is local to the area? No. The white virtue signaling children demanded the name be changed, and the spineless university leaders acquiesced, and now the south-eastern Michigan university is known as the Eagles. Because eagles are obviously plentiful and native to the area (they're not).

Basically, I'm fucking sick of "call out culture" in total. For every justified use of it, there are a thousand where people simply create social media mobs for the purpose of destroying someone's life for sport. It's creepy, and "cultural appropriation" is one of the most commonly used weapons wielded by these sociopathic mobs. Remember cheongsam prom girl? They tried to ruin her life, but she handled it perfectly. I wish more people would use her "LOL, get fucked, asshole!" method of dealing with these clout-chasing social-justice vampires.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Your first example shows exactly why cultural appropriation is so difficult. It is, once again, people talking over those that would actually be affected - in your case the "mostly white student body" over the actual Huron Tribe.

And I totally get what you mean with call out culture - it's horrible. It's the whole "non-problematic or cancelled" culture. There's lots of problematic things in this world. I consider myself a careful person when it comes to things regarding transsexuality, disability and race/culture and yet I still make mistakes. I just don't have a public social media profile on which I post about these things (I rarely use Facebook anymore, my tumblr is just to reblog aesthetics and stuff and my twitter is private). If I am insensitive in some posts my friends (who are transgender, disabled, from other cultures) call me out on it - but usually in private, with a private message system. And I learn from it. (It helps that they are usually really nice about it, too.) But call out culture is really tiring and toxic.

I had to read about that girl because I had not heard of her. That's the very small line between cultural appropriation and cultural appreciation. Granted, for her the appreciation was only "this is pretty" and not the whole "it's a sign of liberation for Chinese women". However I don't think she was trying to mock the culture. It's just that some people would consider it offensive and others not. A difficult topic but definitely none that would have deserved such a shitstorm.
Reminds me of the one girl that was invited to an Indian wedding and wore a Sari. The married couple and the other guests loved it, social media was furious. Ah well. And yeah, most people that threw a tantrum were not Indian themselves.