[2019.10.02] Kobushi Factory - Kobushi Daini Maku

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Revangelis
つばきファクトリー

[2019.10.02] Kobushi Factory - Kobushi Daini Maku

Post by Revangelis »

It was announced on today's Haro Sute that Kobushi Factory will release their second album this autumn.

https://youtu.be/ymqH7UMMgRM?t=2036

Here is the release page
https://helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7529/

Mukuro
ANGERME

Re: [2019.10.02] Kobushi Factory - Kobushi Daini Maku

Post by Mukuro »

It's about time they released something. I can't wait to hear it!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That's good! The single songs since the last album:

Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa

Ee ja nai ka Ninja nai ka

Kore Kara da!

Ashita Tenki ni Naare

Kitto Watashi wa

Naseba Naru

Oh No Ounou

Haru Urara

I do wonder whether or not they'd include Shalala and the ninja song, though, considering the three troublemakers are in them. If anything they'll probably just drop the ninja song. So in total we have 8 single songs (the first two included). The last album had 10.
Confirmed songs for the new album are:
  • Kame ni Nare! (亀になれ!)
  • Keseyashinai Kimochi (消せやしないキモチ)
  • Dokan to BREAK! (ドカンとBREAK!)

BIG EDIT:
In fact, it's going to be two CDs, one being an acapella collection! LE A has the Otodama 2019 DVD, LE B an acapella CD.
Also... apparently Ayaka mentioned on her blog they'd cover Love Machine acapella :eekrun:
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

I don’t think the Ninja song wouldnt make the cut even if those three were still around.
Last edited by Anderei on Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Don't forget it's very possible they'd just do a (2019 ver) and re-record it with the current members :) If they don't want to release a ton of new songs then they'll definitely use all the previously released singles.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I hope they just cut both of the songs from the Shalala single, and give us eight or so unreleased songs as album tracks. Of the eight songs from the last five singles, only "Haru Urara" is really great. The rest are varying levels of good, but they don't have as solid a base to work from as they did with their first album, which was extraordinary. 

We've been getting really good album tracks since Kobushi's first album, so I'm hopeful/excited for this.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

That was quick,it seems the tracklist (while not finalized has been revealed) - http://www.helloproject.com/event/detail/c1ce4d251fe4df1f8758a18dafefb2e6923a4310

It seems the first disc will have

- Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa (2019 Ver.)
- Kore Kara da!
- Ashita Tenki ni Naare
- Kitto Watashi wa
- Naseba Naru
- Ou No Ounou
- Haru Urara
- Kame ni Nare! (亀になれ!)
- Keseyashinai Kimochi (消せやしないキモチ)
- Dokan to BREAK! (ドカンとBREAK!)

===New Songs===
- Yes! We Are Family ~Kobushi Ver.~
- Come with me!
- Unlucky no Jijou (アンラッキーの事情)
- Ashita no Watashi wa Kyo Yori Kirei (明日の私は今日より綺麗)
- Suki Kamo Shirenai (好きかもしれない)
- Hirakinacchae! (開き直っちゃえ!)
- Yes! We Are Family ~FC Machida Ver.~ (Additional Track) (Yes! We Are Family ~FC町田(仮)Ver.~)

===CD2===
Nen ni wa Nen (Acapella Ver.)
GO TO THE TOP!! (Acapella Ver.)
Chotto Guchoku ni! Chototsu Moushin (Acapella Ver.)
Samba! Kobushi Janeiro 2019 (Acapella Ver.)
LOVE Machine (Acapella Ver.)
Sakura Night Fever (Acapella Ver.)
Last edited by Solarblade on Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I'm here for that Acapella CD. Looking forward to that. And I'm glad they are continuing that. Berryz and I think C-ute dabbled with it, but they never went anywhere with it.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Nine unreleased tracks is solid. I hope they don't suck!
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Covers and Tracklist officialized - <a class="bbc_url" href="http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/EPCE-7529/" title="External link">http://www.helloproject.com/release/det ... E-7529/</a>

1. Kore Kara da!

2. Come with me

3. Ashita Tenki ni Naare

4. Haru Urara

5. Suki Kamo Shirenai

6. Keseyashinai Kimochi

7. Kitto Watashi wa

8. Hirakinaocchae!

9. Naseba Naru

10. Yes! We are family ~Kobushi ver.~

11. Oh No Ounou

12. Unlucky no Jijou

13. Kame ni Nare!

14. Shalala! Yareru Hazu sa (2019 ver.)

15. Dokan to BREAK!

16. Ashita no Watashi wa Kyo Yori Kirei

17. Yes! We are family ~FC Machida Zelvia ver.~

===Acapella disc Tracklist===

1. Nen ni wa Nen

2. Chotto Guckoku ni! Chototsu Moushin

3. GO TO THE TOP!!

4. Samba! Kobushi Janeiro 2019

5. Sakura Night Fever

6. LOVE Machine
Last edited by Solarblade on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Limited A would have been among the greatest H!P covers ever had they taken the time to paint the girls in rather than lazily Photoshop them in.
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

From their tour today we learned that 5 of the new songs have different mains

- Come with me (Hirose lead)
- Suki Kamo Shirenai (Inoue lead)
- Hirakinaocchae! (Nomura lead)
- Unlucky no Jijou (Wada lead)
- Ashita no Watashi wa Kyo Yori Kirei (Hamaura lead)
Last edited by Solarblade on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Album is out, and it's on Apple Music, and I'm LIVING for this acapella CD. I haven't even gotten to the meat of the album yet. I skipped straight to the end.   :girlie:

The album debuted at #4 on Oricon. #3 had a total sale of 12,919. So, not a lot of albums sold.

Kobushi as a group fall somewhere in the middle for me. I like the girls, they are talented, but they just don't spark any real interest for me. Nothing about them stands out. Which is a shame. They need their AHA C-ute moment. The acapella helps set them apart and I wish they had promoted that aspect of the group more. Throw them on a show and let them do that. People love that sort of crap. Not just a Youtube clip. 
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Oct 02, 2019 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Forget what I said above about Kobushi. I have no idea who that person is above, forget her. I have been given a swift punch in the face for thinking so little of this group. I have seen the light! I just finished the album. It’s a crime these don’t girls get more love.

This is a solid ass album that blows the last one out of the water, and you should all throw your money at it. It’s got a main stream sound but also holds onto it’s H!P roots. The guys that put this album together did an amazing job letting all the girls have a shot in the spotlight and I wish other H!P groups had the balls to do that. (Major side eye at you Morning Musume)

I don’t know yet which song I like more. I’ll need to give it a relisten and get back to you.
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Oct 02, 2019 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

I'm in the middle of Shoujo Q first and second post. I've liked Kobushi a lot for their first... 3 singles, and then I lost interest. I'm going to give this album a try then!
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Preordered (since I don't use apple). Just waiting for it to arrive at my local customs office and be held hostage for 6 weeks until I can pick it up.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
This is a solid ass album that blows the last one out of the water
[/quote]

That's a pretty bold statement, as their 1st album is one of my favorite H!P albums. Then again, you said KF wasn't one of your favorite groups, and I loved them when that album came out, so I don't know what to think, lol. I'll do my usual thing of "acquiring" it, then buying it if I like it. My ratio at aidoru-online is pretty low, though, so it'll be a few days.
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

Amazing album!!! Nothing else needn't be said.

(BTW, It seems like full album is on YT collected in this playlist, if that helps anyone~)
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana:
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thank you for the link. I've listened to the album and I like nearly all of the songs. They're all powerful and none of them seems like a filler. Well, maybe the cheer songs but they're okay.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Thanks, Pyo! Listening now.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Day 2. I’m still in god damn love with this album. I’m obsessed. XD

I even went and listened to their 1st album again. The first was just your typical idol group who got their big break and they got some great songs and it was good. They had good singles and it was a funky mishmash for a group trying to find their Mitch. But this 2nd one is from an idol group that went through the ringer and came out the other side, stronger and more with it. With an idea of what type of group they are. It’s a solid album start to finish and I don’t think there’s a single song I’ve skipped except maybe that cheer song. The Kobushi one is fine but the last one, I can see why they threw it at the end. Their singles blend so well into the fabric of the album. It’s just, I can’t say I’ve been this happy with a H!P since probably Tsubaki’s album.

And that’s enough for my love letters to Kobushi.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

Damn! I completely forgot about this. I must order it now.

EDIT: I ordered it PLUS the new Kobushi concert DVD.
Last edited by Madara on Thu Oct 03, 2019 4:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I listened to it once, and while it didn't blow me away, it didn't bore me either. A lot of my favorite albums didn't hit me immediately, which means the potential is there for me to grow to love it. The one thing where I thought they really fucked up was not ending the album with "Naseba Naru". That song is an obvious closer, and instead they go with a throw-away alternate version of "We are family". 
PyoKiyo
つばきファクトリー

Post by PyoKiyo »

If it helps, the Machida version is just an extra song (or more precisely Additional Track) that is there only because they needed to release it somehow. Therefore, I see Ashita no Watashi wa Kyou Yori Kirei as the real closer of the album, which is more than suitable in my opinion. Moreover, I believe the album is somewhat divided into two parts in which songs flow very nicely one into another. From that point of view, Naseba Naru is the closer of Part 1...

It became more clear once I put the English translations (which I took from H!P wiki) next to each other:
<ul class="bbc bbcol decimal">[*]It Starts From Now! ~ Come with me ~ Tomorrow Will Be a Beautiful Day ~ Beautiful Spring ~ I Might Like You ~ I Can't Get Rid of This Feeling ~ I Must Be ~ Let's Be Defiant! ~ You Can Do It If You Try
Intermezzo: Yes! We are family ~Kobushi ver.~
[*]Oh No Agony ~ Unlucky Situation ~ Become a Turtle! ~ Shalala! You Can Do It ~ Boom and BREAK! ~ The Me of Tomorrow Will Be More Beautiful Than Today
Additional Track: Yes! We are family ~FC Machida Zelvia ver.~
[/list]No matter how I look at it, and the more I think about it... I cannnot help but believe this is the most appropriate way of putting all those songs together.
P[font='comic sans ms', cursive]yo[/font]-Kiyo :banana:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That's interesting, and it does make sense. Also, "Ashita no Watashi wa Kyou Yori Kirei" does make a much better closer, but the problem with add-on "extra" tracks, for me anyway, is that by extending the length of the album, they become part of the overall experience of it, and the "proper" closer doesn't actually close out the set. I know this is a personal problem and a nit-pick, but it kind of kills a bit of the mojo for me. I'll probably omit the alternate (and really, superfluous) take of "We are family" when I put this on my audio player.

Some songs are starting to stand out from the pack, and I'm beginning to understand why I like their 1st album more. I'll probably do a long-form review for my dead blog tomorrow or Sunday.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I'm on the same page as you, Jpope. I don't particularly dislike the album, but I haven't really grown to like most of their recent single releases.... so at least half of this album is a meh for me. I do like Keseyashinai Kimochi and Hirakinaocchae (although I prefer the live vers compared to the album vers.) They tried to fit the old ska sound they played around with in their first album into Kame ni Nare, but it just didn't do it for me.

I liked the acapella covers of their old songs, but the fact that they all had Rei beatboxing was just, again, not it for me.... Plus then they make Hama the main singer in all the acapellas, too. It feels like you're listening to the same song 5 times over even though they're different songs.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Oct 04, 2019 9:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I've been binging on studio clips from Upcoming videos, and episode 158 features the drum recording for "Come With Me".When I saw the tiny female behind the kit, I perked up. Could it be? Is it really her? Yep! Up Front opened their wallet and hired Senri Kawaguchi to cut the drum track for this Shiina Ringo-esque jazz-burner. Instrumentally, this is basically a Senri feature, and she does not disappoint.

Senri came to prominence as a teen drum prodigy on her Youtube channel in the early 2010s. I discovered her around five years ago, and have been a huge fan ever since. Now 22, she's a popular artist in her own right, and a sought-after studio pro. Seeing her record with an H!P group is pretty sweet.