[2020.01.15] Tsubaki Factory - "Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma / Dakishimerarete Mitai" (意? ?高い乙女のジレンマ/抱きしめられてみたい)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

[2020.01.15] Tsubaki Factory - "Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma / Dakishimerarete Mitai" (意? ?高い乙女のジレンマ/抱きしめられてみたい)

Post by Shoujo Q »

Announced on today's <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fvei2aa4Pn8&t=5s' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Hello!Station</a>. Tsubaki Factory will be releasing their next single on January 15th. [<a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.helloproject.com/news/11091/' class="bbc_url" title="External link">Official Announcement</a>]

Aside from that, Kiki is back! And she's so super tiny cause she's wearing flat shoes and everyone else is in heals. It's super cute! :girlie: :weeeh:
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Wed Dec 11, 2019 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2020.01.15] Tsubaki Factory - "Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma / Dakishimerarete Mitai" (意? ?高い乙女のジレンマ/抱きしめられてみたい)

Post by DonJuan »

Lol, what's up with H!P announcing their singles months in advance? First ANGERME's single in November (announced on September 1st), now Morning Musume's and Tsubaki Factory's singles in January. Is it a strategy to build up hype? To squeeze in even more handshake events (considering Tsubaki had theirs already announced for October)?
Good to see Kiki back, though. I was getting ready to read something about her graduation.
Last edited by DonJuan on Wed Oct 09, 2019 5:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2020.01.15] Tsubaki Factory - "Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma / Dakishimerarete Mitai" (意? ?高い乙女のジレンマ/抱きしめられてみたい)

Post by DonJuan »

Yeah, it has been confirmed at one of the latest concerts. KOKORO&KARADA is part of it, Hey! Unfair Baby hasn't been confirmed, though. There's no date yet either, just that it comes out in January.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

This is exciting! I always enjoy at least one of the songs on Tsubaki Factory releases and it's been a while since there was one.
Formerly Mizura
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

From Jplop,

Tsubaki announced that they re-recorded "Nineteen no Shinkirou" for Reg A and that the TROLLS ending theme, "Hair up Sora e!" will be on Reg B.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Full track list confirmed (stolen from JPlop):

"Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma / Dakishimerarete Mitai" (意識高い乙女のジレンマ/抱きしめられてみたい)

tracklist :

Limited Edition A, B
1. Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma
2. Dakishimerarete Mitai
3. Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma (Instrumental)
4. Dakishimerarete Mitai (Instrumental)

Normal Edition A
3. Nineteen no Shinkirou [Additional Track]
6. Nineteen no Shinkirou (Instrumental)

Normal Edition B
3. Hair up Sora e! [Additional Track]

LE A DVD :
1. Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma (Music Video)
2. Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma (Dance Shot Ver.)

LE B DVD
1. Dakishimerarete Mitai (Music Video)
2. Dakishimerarete Mitai (Dance Shot Ver.)

Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma Lyrics by Nishino Satoshi, Composition by KOUGA, Arranged by Okubo Kaoru
Dakishimerarete Mitai Lyrics by Kodama Ameko, Composition by Ohashi Riko, Arranged by Hirata Shoichiro
Nineteen no Shinkirou Lyrics by Kodama Ameko, Composition by Nakajima Takui, Arranged by Suzuki Shunsuke
<a class="" href="http://www.helloproject.com/release/det ... E-7559/</a>
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Also, covers are out:

Limited A

Limited B

Reg A

Reg B

These are mislabeled, right? The Regular covers are so much better than the limited covers.
Last edited by JPope on Wed Dec 11, 2019 11:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>Hello Pro Station preview of "Dakishimerarete Mitai"</div>
<div> </div>
<div>My initial reaction is that it fits comfortably in the TF catalog. It's not as immediately satisfying as their previous singles, but it doesn't bore me, either, so it could be one that doesn't really hit me until after repeated listenings.</div>
Last edited by JPope on Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I mean it's pretty and aesthetically pleasing, very Tsubaki indeed. Not a banger yet, but maybe the other song is.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Kishimoto looks like she's plotting something in Limited A...
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Zoe"]
Kishimoto looks like she's plotting something in Limited A...
[/quote]

Ha ha! She has a definite Sadako vibe going on.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219276" data-time="1576098141"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="219275" data-time="1576095517">
Kishimoto looks like she's plotting something in Limited A...</blockquote>

Ha ha! She has a definite Sadako vibe going on.</blockquote>
Whoever chose that pic did her dirty. Everyone else looks really cute.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="219285" data-time="1576118761"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219276" data-time="1576098141"><blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Zoe" data-cid="219275" data-time="1576095517">
Kishimoto looks like she's plotting something in Limited A...</blockquote>

Ha ha! She has a definite Sadako vibe going on.</blockquote>Whoever chose that pic did her dirty. Everyone else looks really cute.</blockquote>

I feel like I've seen her putting on that look quite a bit lately (reg B is similar). Might just be the image she's trying to go for.
Last edited by Zoe on Wed Dec 11, 2019 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Madara
ANGERME

Post by Madara »

The full PV for "Dakishimerarete Mitai" (I Just Want to Be Hugged) is up:

https://youtu.be/wJqZLPB9Jlg

I love it. This could be my third favorite TF song after "Teion Yakedo" and "Fuwari Koi Tokei."

Why are all the best songs in H!P going to TF? Is it because they have the best singers?

Last edited by Madara on Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

This song is definitely in the lower half of Tsubaki songs, IMO. They're great about putting out standout tracks, and this is just okay.

Sidenote: do you believe they have the best singers, or are you just polling the room? Lol
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Hmm I wouldn’t say this was the best song, it’s good but pretty standard and reminds me a great deal of a subpar version of Teion Yakedo. I’ll play it, but I’m sure I’ll forget about it pretty quickly. It’s not memorable.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The "Teion Yakedo" references are valid, with this being less energetic and a bit more nostalgic in feel. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but "Dakishimerarete Mitai" is still not as good as "Teion Yakedo" to me. It is good though, and quite good at that -- that major 7th chord in the fourth bar of the chorus really elevates the entire song. While I rank this well in the lower half of TF's catalog, that's just a function of it being such a strong catalog. Hopefully "Dilemma" will kick my ass.

On a side note, I love how Kiki just slides back into the center like nothing happened, because she just fucking belongs there. 
Last edited by JPope on Fri Dec 13, 2019 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

<div>The short PV for "Dakishimerarete Mitai" was shown on the most recent Hello Pro Station.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is the better of the two songs in just about every respect for me.</div>
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

[quote="JPope"]

<div>The short PV for "Dakishimerarete Mitai" was shown on the most recent Hello Pro Station.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>This is the better of the two songs in just about every respect for me.</div>

[/quote]

dang and the video is honestly really nice too (for h!p standards anyway). i'm excited for this one
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

The lyrics are lame for me. Like the situation itself is overdone...
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="honey"]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="219345" data-time="1576695641">
<div>

<div> </div>

[/quote]
dang and the video is honestly really nice too (for h!p standards anyway). i'm excited for this one

</div>
</blockquote>

It seems like we've been getting higher quality videos on a more regular basis from H!P. The bubble-pop on the last beat of the chorus is fucking sweet.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
The lyrics are lame for me. Like the situation itself is overdone...
[/quote]

Shoot, I'll take these "girl who's too conscious when it comes to love" lyrics with an amazing MV and great song (and hopefully dance?) over what MM's been spewing lately. Plus it fits Tsubaki's image, I can't imagine them constantly trying to pull off more Angerme-like songs.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

"Ishiki Takai Otome no Dilemma" full PV is out.

Also, how did no one catch that I put the wrong sing title in the short MV link a few posts up?  :facepalm:  :lol:
Last edited by JPope on Fri Dec 20, 2019 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

The titles are so long, I don't even remember them.
It was the same with ANGERME, I know their last single was "something SUNDAY" and "watashi watashi watashi something".

Jinsei Blues and Seishun Night are lame titles but they stick, as do LOVEpedia and K&K. The jury is still out for Ningen Kankei, apparently even Masaki can't remember the name since she advertised it as "Ningen Way Way" at a handshake event lol.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

ZENZEN OKIAGARERENAI sunday

Best song of the year!

I feel like the tiles are easier though if you speak Japanese (sorry if you do, maybe it’s just me then). I feel like these long titles are a trend that hasn’t ended yet. Remember that one super long AKB song??
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Dec 20, 2019 5:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Saya"]
ZENZEN OKIAGARERENAI sunday

Best song of the year!

I feel like the tiles are easier though if you speak Japanese (sorry if you do, maybe it’s just me then). I feel like these long titles are a trend that hasn’t ended yet. Remember that one super long AKB song??
[/quote]

I'm not a huge fan of the long titles, but at least it lets them have more Japanese in the title so we don't have to listen to Janglish while promoting lolol.

Also, THE LORE. Lol. Seems like in the end they choose love--Risa heads towards the ferriswheel, which of course we know a ferriswheel was the focal point of I Need You ~Yozora no Kanransha~
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Dec 20, 2019 9:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

[quote="Saya"]
I feel like the tiles are easier though if you speak Japanese (sorry if you do, maybe it’s just me then).
[/quote]

Not fluently, but a bit :lol: It's okay, I'm just super lazy when it comes to titles lately. I get Hitori de Ikiraresou tte Sorette nee Homete Iru no and back in the day Kono Chikyuu no Heiwa wo Honki de Negatterun da yo was no problem either.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I did a proper review for this on my blog for those interested. 

Something interesting I noticed about the video is that it was filmed in 4:3 aspect ratio instead of the now-standard wide-screen 16:9. A commenter at YT suggested they were going for a retro style, which based on the  70s TV color grading of the outdoor shots seems like a decent theory, but I think it's something else. Most of the shots are close-ups of one thing or another, and the 4:3 aspect ratio allows the focus of those shots to fill the entire viewing area and appear even bigger and bolder. It also forces the director to be a bit more creative with the in-studio dance shots. Whatever the reason for it, the results are great.
Last edited by JPope on Fri Dec 20, 2019 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

The video reminds me in some ways of the Koi wa Magnet MV, probably because of the similar vintage aesthetic/elements. I also love the bit of DnB action throughout the song also. TB is such a good group lol