Country Girls going on Hiatus on December 26

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Country Girls going on Hiatus on December 26

Post by DonJuan »

Hello! Project news: <a class="bbc_url" href="http://helloproject.com/news/11156/" title="External link">http://helloproject.com/news/11156/</a>

After their concert at Line Cube Shibuya on Deccember 26 Country Girls will disband.

Yamaki Risa will graduate from College Cosmos as well, as she is graduating university, and retire from showbusiness.

Ozeki Mai is graduating from H!P, going to university, but not yet retiring from showbusiness.

Funaki Musubu is graduating from H!P as well and will study dance among other things.

Morito Chisaki will stay with Morning Musume.

- - -

I've always said that they will disband. I've always lowkey waited for this. I'm still so fucking angry.

Especially considering three of the girls leaving H!P completely. They've been let down by that company so fucking much. Funakki could have had a future in ANGERME. I wouldn't be surprised that she was so disappointed by the decision to disband Country Girls that she doesn't want to stay.
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Country Girls going on Hiatus on December 26

Post by WonderBuono »

Ugh they really blew it with this group. They had so much potential and everything fell apart. And I'm so sad to see my favorite (Risa) leaving show business. Glad Chii-chan is staying with Momusu though; she looks like she's enjoying herself more in that group anyway.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think the decision to disband was probably brought on Funaki wanting to graduate ANGERME. They probably all got together and talked about what they wanted to focus on.

Funaki will have been an idol for over 4 years when she graduates, over 6 years in H!P including Kenshuusei years. It’s disappointing, but a very typical timeline of the average idol.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Fri Oct 18, 2019 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Ugh. This is the worst.

Of all the Country Girls to stay they left me with my least favorite. U-G-H!!!

I’m bummed about this. Maybe they all learned a bit too much from Momoko about idol life? I’m most bummed about Funaki. She was my favorite. I’m sad Yamaki is leaving and I’m upset Ozeki never really did anything. But seeing that all three are leaving at once I guess it’s possible that it’s just a non renewal of their contract.

But! I read at the bottom that Country Girls was going to reboot with new members. Could my hopes for an all Hokkaido group finally come true? If so, I won’t feel so sad. But my dreams never come true. :(
Last edited by Shoujo Q on Fri Oct 18, 2019 7:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
Noa
ANGERME

Post by Noa »

I’m so upset. Ozeki was really the only one still tying me to H!P and Country Girls was my favorite group. I’m really really upset right now.
ImageImage
<p style="text-align:center;">我最爱你。你是我的太阳。
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Also, Country Girls isn't fully disbanding, the post said they'll add more members down the line
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Thanks for mentioning this, I really was way too frustrated to read further.

It's totally possible that Funakki had other dreams, decided to quit and the others just went with it, but I was (and still am) really emotional about this.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Solarblade" data-cid="218909" data-time="1571410234">
Also, Country Girls isn't fully disbanding, the post said they'll add more members down the line</blockquote>
It said they’re “thinking” about it though so that doesn’t guarantee it will happen.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

[quote="Shoujo Q"]
Ugh. This is the worst.

Of all the Country Girls to stay they left me with my least favorite. U-G-H!!!

[/quote]

lol my thoughts exactly
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

I'm upset. CG was the group that got me invested in all the rest of H!P, and now they're out. And I was already having a bad day so this makes it even worse, aggghhh

I really hope they revive the group, especially with the kinda retro sound they had going on with this incarnation, I loved that sound so much.
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

CG made me interested in idols, period. Prior to that, I only did virtual idols (iM@S). This really guts me.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

I wonder if Ozeki will move over to UF?
Banana
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Banana »

Not too surprised about any of this, except for Funaki leaving Angerme. Four members leaving so close together... it’s tough. I wonder if they’ll add more members again soon.
Elpis
ANGERME

Post by Elpis »

I’m not surprised by this but still disappointed. CG was such a good group but UFP ruined it
Formerly Mizura
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
Funaki Musubu is graduating from H!P as well and will study dance among other things.

[/quote]

God dammit. This is a sucker punch to the gut of Angerme. I saw her as a key member to carrying the group forward after the last of the 2nd gen leaves in a couple of years (if not sooner).Of all the CG girls, she stood out the most in her new group, and really established herself as a reliable and important member. And she's at that ideal age where you could see her being around for another 4-6 years. This really sucks. I haven't been this pissed about an H!P graduation since... I honestly can't remember. 
Mukuro
ANGERME

Post by Mukuro »

Someone on twitter brought up how after she had vocal node surgery she hadn't sung live as much so maybe she's focusing on dancing for her own health.

Still sucks though.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="Mukuro"]
Someone on twitter brought up how after she had vocal node surgery she hadn't sung live as much so maybe she's focusing on dancing for her own health.

Still sucks though.
[/quote]

Yeah I wouldn't be too surprised if it was a combination of this along with her beloved CG disbanding. I've never really known her to be so passionate about dance (even though I know she's skilled and was on the dance club.) 

I mean I'm upset but I really can't feel too upset because CG was just a ticking time bomb. I just reallly don't get a lot of the business decisions that went on surrounding this group.... And disbanding a group is always a loss of $$$, but I felt CG fans were especially invested. Oh well, I guess they figure they have BEYOOOOONDS to replace them. Speaking of, I really hope they divvy out some of the CG songs to other current groups--it still feels like they under-use old Berryz and C-ute songs.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Had a good night's sleep and a few hours to think about this whole thing more calmly.
Generally speaking, it makes sense that they finally break up the group. Yes, I'm saying break up, I'll keep saying they're disbanding because "hiatus" is silly. Sure, Country Musume was "active" as Satoda Mai, but maybe Satoda should just retire from idol biz to give this group its well deserved end.

It's good that the girls are following their dreams. It's just shocking that it's going to be the end of entertainment business for half of them, maybe even 3/4 of them, depending on how well Ozeko's stuff will work out.

For a few hours I couldn't stop thinking how much of a waste this all was. Sure, CG had some banger songs. I loved seeing them on stage and in MVs. I had One Summer Night on repeat for hours now. The fact that all of them auditioned for Morning Musume's 12th generation - of all generations, their 12th - and weren't approved and therefore ended up in this cursed Country Girls group... I can't help but think how different Morning Musume would have been. I can't help but wonder if they would still have graduated by this year's end, or maybe earlier (considering MM's management ignoring 12ki for years). All Country Girls members, current and former, have charisma, looks and decent singing and dancing capabilities.

It's just a waste. Of course, if it's really Funakki's health that is leading to her decision then it can't be helped. Yamakki has gotten to an age where her "playtime youth" is over, it makes sense that she wants to enter the "real adult world" (using quotation marks because this is what I've understood from Japanese society). Chisaki can live her dream.

I am really sad for Ozeko, though. I was surprised at how good she's become at singing, she's definitely worked hard. She's also clever enough to focus on a good education. And overall, it's just sad that we haven't seen more of her since she didn't join any other groups.

Reading that management is considering rebooting the group though: Ugh, please no. Let it die. I will be a bit happy for young girls debuting and getting a taste of living their dreams, but this group is cursed.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I don’t think it would be the worst idea to take some of the Hokkaido trainees and make CG a true local Hokkaido group like it was originally meant to be.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

[quote="WonderBuono"]
I don’t think it would be the worst idea to take some of the Hokkaido trainees and make CG a true local Hokkaido group like it was originally meant to be.
[/quote]

Or turn it back into a semi-shuffle unit... We have enough country girls in H!P to do this rn
Farrah
ANGERME

Post by Farrah »

[quote="JPope"]
God dammit. This is a sucker punch to the gut of Angerme. I saw her as a key member to carrying the group forward after the last of the 2nd gen leaves in a couple of years (if not sooner).Of all the CG girls, she stood out the most in her new group, and really established herself as a reliable and important member. And she's at that ideal age where you could see her being around for another 4-6 years. This really sucks. I haven't been this pissed about an H!P graduation since... I honestly can't remember. 
[/quote]

This is exactly how I feel.  I really put all my eggs in the Funaki basket, she has so much charisma compared to most H!P girls these days.  This really feels like an enormous loss to me.

CG... there just isn't much to say, is there?  This group had so much potential but everything fell apart in record time.  I'll always wish I was a fly on the wall at UFP during those discussions because I imagine we'll never know the full story on why things played out the way they did.  I'm always in favor of girls pursuing school and planning for the future but I can't pretend I don't wish we'd gotten a couple more years of CG as a real group and not just an intermittent side project.
Last edited by Farrah on Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I also really hate it because they played it off originally like Momoko was going to guide them until they were ready to take off on their own, yet it was her leaving that made them slam on the brakes. It feels like her sticking around after Berryz was a waste.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

I saw this just before leaving for vacation, I’m bummed really. Kind of saw it coming, but the only thing I’m really pissed about is Musubu, like most of you. First graduation since a long while that I’m frustrated about.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

Country Girls Live 2019 ~Itooshikutte Gomen ne~ Setlist (Yamaki/Ozeki graduation and group disbandment)

1. Itooshikutte Gomen ne
2. Wakatte Iru no ni Gomen ne
3. Kaite wa Keshite no "I Love You"
4. Peanut Butter Jelly Love
5. Shining Itoshiki Anata
6. BYE BYE Saigo no Yoru
7. Natsuiro no Palette
8. Koi ga Suteki na Kisetsu
VTR / Outfit change
9. Iroppoi Onna ~SEXY BABY~
10. Boogie Woogie LOVE
11. Good Boy Bad Girl
MC
12. Matenai After Five
13. Senpai ~LOVE AGAIN~
14. Kasa wo Sasu Senpai
15. Koi wa Magnet
MC
16. Koi Dorobo
17. Mousou Rehearsal
18. Rhythm ga Yondeiru Zou!
19. Uwaki na Honey Pie
20. Zutto Zutto

ENCORE
21. Kimama na Kataomoi
MC
22. Idol Sotsugyou Chuuijikou
MC
23. VIVA!! Barairo no Jinsei
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

How are they gonna have a Farewell show and not sing "One Summer Night"?
TheParuProject
カントリー・ガールズ

Post by TheParuProject »

They've never performed Iroppoi Onna ~SEXY BABY~, so I'm glad they found the time to learn something new. Also the first time CG performing Shining Itoshiki Anata will be on a DVD, which I'm excited about. I'm most interested in Idol Sotsugyou Chuuijikou though, I wonder what they do. Maybe they go in a circle and each girl reads a letter for one member?
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

welp. RIP to a great group and Musubu, my favorite H!P girl in recent memory. wah
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="honey" data-cid="219469" data-time="1577825886">
welp. RIP to a great group and Musubu, my favorite H!P girl in recent memory. wah</blockquote>Musubu is still around for a couple more months! Don’t cry yet!
Last edited by momoirosaya on Tue Dec 31, 2019 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

By the way, for anyone who wondered what would happen to Ozeko: While looking for KAN on the Up-Front sites (which is a real nightmare. Hell. Could they be any more confusing?), I found her profile among others on Up-Front Promotion. You can't click it, but her picture is there.

http://www.up-front-promotion.co.jp/artist/