Hello! Project 2020 Prediction Thread

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

JPope
ANGERME

Hello! Project 2020 Prediction Thread

Post by JPope »

<div>I was on an H!P sabbatical during last year's prediction thread, so no hits or misses for 2019.</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Overall, I predict big changes for MM, Angerme and J=J; stability for the rest. </div>
<div> </div>
<div>MM'20</div>
<div>- Two or more graduations</div>
<div>- 3 singles and a new album</div>
<div>- Rio settles into center-girl rotation with Sakura & Masaki</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Angerme</div>
<div>- No graduations after Funaki</div>
<div>- Increased roles for Ayano and Layla</div>
<div>- Two n00bs from auditions</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Juice=Juice</div>
<div>- Tomoko graduates</div>
<div>- Karin graduates</div>
<div>- Maintain 65K+ sales</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Kobushi Factory</div>
<div>- 2 singles</div>
<div>- New album</div>
<div>- 1 anime tie-in</div>
<div> </div>
<div>Tsubaki Factory</div>
<div>- No major changes</div>
<div> </div>
<div>BEYOOOOONDS</div>
<div>- 3 singles</div>
<div>- Massive push for exposure by UF (variety shows, ad tie-ins)</div>
<div>- Stage play</div>
<div> </div>
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Re: Hello! Project 2020 Prediction Thread

Post by WonderBuono »

I think my "predictions" are always just me wishful thinking so I'll continue that here. xD

Solo debut for Ruru and/or Karin! (they don't have to graduate J=J, just do it on the side at least)
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Beyooooonds already have a stage play coming up.

Arabeyonds Nights a play on the word Arabian Nights.

I see Karin continuing her solo career.

With the Olympics coming up I don’t see any graduations till either the fall or winter. Which is why we seemed to have a mass exodus from Angerme in such short order. It’s going to be difficult to logistically pull off a proper graduation concert in the midst of a big world event.

If a girl leaves this summer, I feel she wouldn’t get a proper send off.

I’m still worried about Kiki. If someone were to leave Tsubaki I see it being her. Though for shock value I’d throw out Kisora, Saori or Mao. The fact they’ve been together so long without a shake up just automatically puts them on my radar for a shake up.

Oh and they are due for another album. At least, I’m due for an album.

Angerme will add one girl and Perhaps at the end of the year Akari announces her leaving the group.

Kobushi will release an acapella single or at least one of the songs on the single will be acapella.

Juice will release an album at the end of the year.

Morning Musume should release an album but I’m thinking they might just do a musical instead.

The whole Olympic equation throws me off. Will they be involved? I hope they (morning Musume or H!P) are. I’d like to see another H!P single.

One of the groups is going to get an Olympic themed single. I’d like it to be Juice. But I have a feeling it will go to either Morning a Musume or Beyooooonds.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

I think Beyooooonds is definitely going to get an Olympics tie in. I mean they have 5 O’s, and there are 5 Olympic rings. Part of me wonders if it was intentional.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="Saya"]
I think Beyooooonds is definitely going to get an Olympics tie in. I mean they have 5 O’s, and there are 5 Olympic rings. Part of me wonders if it was intentional.
[/quote]

Oh damn, that's good.
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Saya" data-cid="219525" data-time="1578257221">
I think Beyooooonds is definitely going to get an Olympics tie in. I mean they have 5 O’s, and there are 5 Olympic rings. Part of me wonders if it was intentional.</blockquote>

I thought that’s what it was when they first announced the name but they never said anything so I forgot all about it ????
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Finally back home with my tower pc so I can write (and quote, and stuff) properly.

A look back at my predicitons last year:
[spoilerbox]

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="DonJuan" data-cid="216241" data-time="1544358198">
MM.'19
- 15th gen will be announced out of the blue  (Well, not exactly. There was a proper audition with proper non-KSS-audition winners. Still putting this in italics because they were announced after all.)
- graduation announcement at the winter or spring concerts, money is on Ayumi or Sakura

- second graduation, Yokoyan (she seems out of it)

ANGERME

- double grad Rina and Kana... or Rina and Take bc they tried to build up Kana as the leader (Oopsie. Not a double grad but both Rina and Kana graduated and relatively close to each other. Super wrong on the second part though.)

- this year they won't be doing a stage play bc they lost the great actress Dawa (Indeed no stage play, but the reasons are debatable. It was probably because they just had added Rin at the usual stage play time.)
- they will definitely lose steam. Kana will try her best to keep the group's spirit up but Dawa had years of experience and the new members are just so filler material even Kana can't do much (Subjective. To be fair I'm wrong in thinking Kana would be leader, and the group just had their best selling single released without Dawa. Whether or not the group is enjoyable is of course up to every fan personally, I know many that aren't happy with the new additions and dread the day Funakki graduates.)

Juice=Juice

- I can't believe that Yuka stays for much longer so yeah, I'm saying Yuka grad. (Whoppa.)

- actually make it two grads, Karin will graduate bc she's going into songwriter business (Karin is still there, but Yanamin's gone.)

- which leaves us at... uh... 5 members. I'd say perfect but management says no so new members, max. Ruru's age, probably younger (Surprise Yume and Riai!)

CG

- lords just break them up please (I'm both sad and okay with this.)

Kobushi
- they'll get a Jidanda Dance-like single and then new members

Tsubaki

- they will finally lose some steam since H!P needs money for Beyoooooooonds (They definitely lost steam, but due to Kiki's incredibly long hiatus. I wonder what would have happened if she was healthy.)
- Kisora will leave bc she's always in the back

Beyooooooooonds

- imagine this: a stage play (Alice-tachi)
- will release two indies this year, all as the whole big Beyooooonds group (Major debut)
- the only thing they will do as their sub groups are some events / cover sub units at H!P concerts (The units actually have songs, just as b-sides or album songs.)
-> actually make it something like a Beyoooooonds vs Senpai medley at an H!P concert (Unfortunately not.)
</blockquote>
[/spoilerbox]

This year is going to be interesting. I am very excited for MM's new generation, and while not in the sense of positively excited, I also am interested in ANGERME's future.

MM.'20
- I really, really doubt that they will go two years without graduations. However, up there at the senpai (9th-11th gen) I see no will to go. Also, the Tokyo Olympics kind of make it hard for anyone to graduate so nobody of bigger popularity will graduate before these are over. Therefore here I announce, with a heavy heart, my prediction: Akane will announce her graduation for the spring concerts. She'll graduate high school then and she's always seemed to be the rather studious type. Maybe hanging out with Masaki makes her realise that she can have both, being an idol and a university student, but I guess this also doesn't work with every major.
- While Rio is very talented as a singer I doubt that she'll be pushed that much as a front girl. I fear 15th gen will face the same fate as 13th gen - which is better than 12th gen's, but still not great.
- To be fair, Ikuta's "support me until the Olympics!" is still haunting me lol. I can see her graduating in December.
- Two singles this year. One of them is going to be some half-assed Olympics song like Kimi no Kawari.

ANGERME
- Management sees how well Layla is liked (as well as Moe), so they definitely get a non-KSS girl from the audition. I think it's only going to be one winner.
- Takechan stays. She just turned 22 last November so she's not that old. I also think she wants to hit the 10-year-mark which she'll reach in 2021.
- For the love of everything supernatural, no graduations except for Funakki's.
- Considering they had a rather good year with decent publicity it would be their time to get put on H!P's famous backburner, but since they are still pretty fresh in terms of member rotation and get at least a bit of attention due to the auditions I think they'll release at least 2 singles this year.

Juice=Juice
- I fear that Tomoko will announce graduation this year. The girls always joke about how there is no "25 years and you're out" rule but so far it happened with everyone. They even gave Yuuka a song about it!
- There will be no new members, but only if nobody else announces their graduations. Like, if Karin also decides she wants to do solo work full time instead of Juice I can see them adding new girls.

Kobushi Factory
- I've been calling the "renewal" of Kobushi for years now, but you know what? Nope. No renewal. Everything stays the way it is. They're the new Melon Kinenbi.

Tsubaki Factory
- At least two singles this year.
- If Kiki's back doesn't get better she'll graduate. Up-Front is no company to kick out someone because of illness (see: Aika, Maho), but I hope Kiki herself will understand that she holds the group back if she continues like that.

Beyooooonds
- Their next single will be another big hit, but their third one will lose steam.
- But that makes it at least 2 singles this year.
- Kobayashi Honoka will play piano with Masaki and/or Miki at a Hello! Con.
- They will continue with the stage play/musical inspired gimmick, but only for one more year.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

MM has already started promoting the Olympics on Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/p/B6-21D8nKy6/?igshid=1tmv1u3akdmqo
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^All groups have done the "200 days left to Tokyo 2020" thing, as seen on the Tokyo 2020 twitter page: https://twitter.com/Tokyo2020jp/status/1214018752813158400

That's nice and all, but I wonder if they'll do anything more lol.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

Probably not too much, if anything, directly related.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

Hello! Project as a whole announces their disbandment by the end of the year.  Beyooooonds moves to another label and continues successfully for years to come.
Last edited by yuzuriha on Wed Jan 08, 2020 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

That's a spicy prediction.
Zange
つばきファクトリー

Post by Zange »

MoMusu:
- As much as I really want certain (older) members to graduate I don't think they will, I feel like it's gonna be someone we wouldn't expect. 12th or 13th gen maybe? Later half of the year for obvious reasons
- They don't get another Olympic tie-in
- One single and an album, we're near due for one of those

ANGERME:
- No graduations other than Funakki
- They're starting an audition now if I remember correctly? Whoever wins that probably won't be able to keep up vocal-wise at first
- Two singles, one of them comes close to beating sales from their last single but just barely misses

Juice=Juice:
- If anyone graduates it's gonna be Karin, probably to start a solo career
- No new members this time
- Two singles (maybe three? maybe?? probably not tho) and at least one song from one of them rivals Hitori de Ikiraresou tte in terms of greatness

Kobushi Factory:
- They get another acapella track on their final single
- Reirei doesn't end up in another group, gets a legit solo career in H!P
- honestly the disbandment announcement threw me off of anything i had rip. Wada gets a decent feature in their last single??

Tsubaki Factory:
- Three singles to make up for the unfortunate lack of Tsubaki last year
- Kiki gets injured (again) and ends up graduating this time (as much as i hate to say it but i worry about her a lot ;;)
- Anime tie-in?

Beyooooonds:
- Two singles, come verrrrrry close to beating MM in sales for one of them but just miss the mark
- Olympic tie-in, it would be SO beneficial
- The three audition winners finally get a unit name
Now, what you hear is not a test
 -  -  -  
honey
Juice=Juice

Post by honey »

BEYOOOOONDS

- they outsell MM and continue doing well with no major incident or graduation

MM

- still no Mizuki graduation

- Chisaki announces struggle with chronic condition and announces graduation

- Ikuta bounces

- H!P, shook by the unpredictable revelation that a group they actually invested time and money into is at risk of overshadowing the cornerstone of the company, suddenly announces a -gumi esque subgroups single and tour and/or a solo project for maria

ANGERME

- rikako out to pursue independent entertainment ventures

TF

- they try to hold onto kiki as long as possible but eventually decide she’s just not able to keep up and agree to a graduation

- riko graduates to “focus on her studies” but really is just disinterested in the idol business

other:

ogata or ai kago does something problematic again that makes national news

edit: i forgot about juice=juice lol
- tomoko announces a graduation for the end of the year
Last edited by honey on Sun Jan 12, 2020 6:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Morning Musume:
-3 grad announcements by the end of the year. Idk with all the Olympic stuff this year if they'll push the actual grad dates to next year, but I have a feeling a number of girls will announce their upcoming grad. Potential suspects: Ikuta, Masaki, Morito, Nonaka. (If Masaki leaves, I predict her going into creating music either by herself or for H!P.)
-A single that has Homare as a center, full stop. 
-Announcement that they will be having a concert abroad.

Angerme:
-Kamiko grad announcement
-6th gen will begin to show their stuff for real
-Sales continue to slightly increase
-Sub-unit is created that exclusively sings old S/mileage and Eggs songs. (Unrealistic, just my dream.)

Ju=Ju:
-Takagi grad announcement, Inaba grad announcement
-3rd album released
-Karin does solo work on the side while still being a part of Ju=Ju, this trend continues on to all other Ju=Ju members
-Has a MV that hits 2 mil views

Kobushi:
-Rei is the only member that stays with H!P, does solo work at H!P concerts. Gets her own song and also adopts older soloist songs.
-Hirose begins to release her own music on a small-scale at the end of the year. Think like soundcloud.
-Hama-chan disappears into private life only to pop up with marriage news at the beginning of 2021. 

Tsubaki:
-Sales stay on a steady pace, but they fall behind BEYOOOOONDS
-Yamagishi grad to become a nurse. Ogata becomes leader.
-Kiki continues to have issues but doesn't leave--instead management works out a deal with Kiki where she is participating in Tsubaki part-time. When she's healthy, she performs... when not, she doesn't, and it's not considered a surprise. 
-Change their "soul" to be representatives of C-ute instead of Berryz.

BEYOOOOONDS:
-Sales increase with every release, 110k sales next single and 123k the one after that.
-Have a lot of TV appearances and get invited to Kouhaku.
-2nd album released.
-Since Kobushi is disbanding, the "Berryz spirit" shtick gets passed onto BEYOOOOONDS... which ends up working perfectly with their theatrical performances. (Example!!)
-No graduations, but someone gets decently injured.
-Gets public praise from Tsunku in some way.
Last edited by TicTacAnyone on Fri Jan 10, 2020 7:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

Ayumi is going to graduate from Morning Musume.

Karin and Tomoko are both going to graduate from Juice=Juice. It will be a joint graduation.

Country Girls will get an revival/audition announced at the end of the year. No winners will be announced.

We’ll get a new group announced by the end of the year.

Kiki’s going to graduate from Tsubaki Factory and retire from show business. Not because of her injuries but because she wants to do something different.

Personally what I will like to see:

We get concert/digital release only-units a la the Champuru groups.

SakuraGumi and OtomeGumi get mini albums.

Another anime tie-in.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Erina is saying she has no plans to graduate after the Olympics: <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='https://youtu.be/cMqUIO15JRI' class="bbc_url" title="External link">https://youtu.be/cMqUIO15JRI</a> (starting around 9:30)
Last edited by Zoe on Tue Jan 21, 2020 7:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

To be fair... of the oldest 5, Ikuta and Masaki are the only ones that show any room to grow. Not exactly in performance, but Ikuta has grown as an eye-catcher, senpai, etc. lately.
I've mentioned it before some weeks ago, I'm not against Ikuta staying in the group for a bit longer. But I really don't want another year without graduations. I really fear that we're going to skip 9th-11th gen again and another 12th gen member will have to go.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I don't even dare to make a new thread because last year basically nuked all my hopes and thoughts for the year and this year probably won't be better.
However, I still want to take a look at my predictions for last year.

[quote="DonJuan"]This year is going to be interesting. I am very excited for MM's new generation, and while not in the sense of positively excited, I also am interested in ANGERME's future.

MM.'20
- I really, really doubt that they will go two years without graduations. However, up there at the senpai (9th-11th gen) I see no will to go. Also, the Tokyo Olympics kind of make it hard for anyone to graduate so nobody of bigger popularity will graduate before these are over. Therefore here I announce, with a heavy heart, my prediction: Akane will announce her graduation for the spring concerts. She'll graduate high school then and she's always seemed to be the rather studious type. Maybe hanging out with Masaki makes her realise that she can have both, being an idol and a university student, but I guess this also doesn't work with every major.
- While Rio is very talented as a singer I doubt that she'll be pushed that much as a front girl. I fear 15th gen will face the same fate as 13th gen - which is better than 12th gen's, but still not great. (Rio and Mei get quite a bit of attention, Homare not so much. Rio certainly wasn't given the role of a main singer like Sakura was in her first single.)
- To be fair, Ikuta's "support me until the Olympics!" is still haunting me lol. I can see her graduating in December.
- Two singles this year. One of them is going to be some half-assed Olympics song like Kimi no Kawari.

ANGERME
- Management sees how well Layla is liked (as well as Moe), so they definitely get a non-KSS girl from the audition. I think it's only going to be one winner.
- Takechan stays. She just turned 22 last November so she's not that old. I also think she wants to hit the 10-year-mark which she'll reach in 2021.
- For the love of everything supernatural, no graduations except for Funakki's. (Murotan :( )
- Considering they had a rather good year with decent publicity it would be their time to get put on H!P's famous backburner, but since they are still pretty fresh in terms of member rotation and get at least a bit of attention due to the auditions I think they'll release at least 2 singles this year.

Juice=Juice
- I fear that Tomoko will announce graduation this year. The girls always joke about how there is no "25 years and you're out" rule but so far it happened with everyone. They even gave Yuuka a song about it!
- There will be no new members, but only if nobody else announces their graduations. Like, if Karin also decides she wants to do solo work full time instead of Juice I can see them adding new girls. (I mean.... Rei joined.)

Kobushi Factory
- I've been calling the "renewal" of Kobushi for years now, but you know what? Nope. No renewal. Everything stays the way it is. They're the new Melon Kinenbi.

Tsubaki Factory
- At least two singles this year. (I can't believe this is the one I got right.)
- If Kiki's back doesn't get better she'll graduate. Up-Front is no company to kick out someone because of illness (see: Aika, Maho), but I hope Kiki herself will understand that she holds the group back if she continues like that.

Beyooooonds
- Their next single will be another big hit, but their third one will lose steam.
- But that makes it at least 2 singles this year.
- Kobayashi Honoka will play piano with Masaki and/or Miki at a Hello! Con.
- They will continue with the stage play/musical inspired gimmick, but only for one more year. (Who knows, honestly?)
[/quote]