Ogata Risa goes on hiatus after private Instagram account was leaked

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Elpis
ANGERME

Re: Ogata Risa goes on hiatus after private Instagram account was leaked

Post by Elpis »

I’m not surprised by this. After what happened I didn’t expect to see her come back to Tsubaki Factory at all
Formerly Mizura
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

She'd be sleeping with one eye open after trashing everyone in the group.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
mrsross
モーニング娘。

Post by mrsross »

It makes sense. It’d be crazy to put her back in the group after she talked trash about everyone. The group would’ve self destruct. Let this be a lesson, if you’re don’t like your co-workers in the industry, just don’t talk trash and just either try to get over it or just leave and at least leave on good terms. Risa’s career in entertainment may or may not be dead, but it’s six feet under and she’s gonna have to put in some serious work to dig herself out.
Vikitty
ANGERME

Post by Vikitty »

She's definitely burned any bridges within H!P and UFP. I don't imagine her contract will be renewed once it expires.
HOLD UP! I'M A GEEK THE BIG PARADOX!
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Up Front is doing what Up Front does: letting her save a bit of face on the way out the door and not torching all of her future employment opportunities by publicly firing her. I don't believe for a minute that Risa made the decision to leave, though.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

My hot take is they let her go like that because what she wrote is the truth lmao.

Maybe it's because I've had too much to drink over the holidays but I've thought a lot about Tsubaki's relationships. You can actually see certain groups.

- Kiki and Saori are good friends and Kisora seems to get along well too (though Kisora might be more neutral here). Kisora is also close with Mizuho as well as with Ami (who is also friends with Saori).

- Risa is friends with Mao and Yumeno - I thought Yumeno wrote very endearing and friendly blog posts regarding Risa's suspension and graduation, despite her shittalking her. It was also interesting that Risa found no bad words against Mao despite her having been center a few times, compared to the recent push of Mizuho and Ami (at least in visuals).

Riko is pretty neutral here. In general I think Risa didn't go against Kisora because she is absolutely, in no way ever, a threat to her. Her talking about Yumeno being too rude to managers, or too much of a large ham in general, might have been a temporal thing - or maybe that's what actually got her into trouble (i.e. the part about being the reasonable one and still having to suffer for others' mistakes). That's why Yumeno went soft on her, because she understood that it was her mistake.

My hot take (continued) is that Kiki is not super popular among H!P members, while Risa is actually well liked. There are Yumeno and Mao as mentioned, but also Akane, Rei and Hirose.

I could totally see Kiki as the big diva. Risa is not sweet or anything either, more like she has a rbf and an insecure personality. The fact that they basically put Tsubaki on hiatus just because of Kiki's hernia - while MM just continued without Masaki - probably pissed her off and I'm sure that many people in H!P wondered what was going on. And Saori's boy stories probably lead to many, many talks with management - and Risa, as subleader, had to take it.

Don't get me wrong, it's still dumb. Once your dirty laundry becomes public like that it's over.

The REALLY spicy part is: Who were her followers? Just non-idol friends? I'm sure there are idols among them... probably even H!P or Up Front idols.

...which also leads to Up Front officially announcing investigating the case. I bet they will force every private idol account to be shut down*. I do wonder though what would happen if the leaker him-/herself was an H!P idol?

*nobody talked about this but like a day after the first Risa leaks someone leaked Morito Chisaki's private account. She didn't post anything interesting though.
Last edited by DonJuan on Fri Jan 01, 2021 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

Just coming on this dead thread to tell you all how fucking funny I found it that Risa is now some sort of shining star of UF and gets to do M-Line concerts and a cover album. But it just confuses me how they didn’t discipline her, but instead rewarded her with a solo career of sorts, lol.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

As far as scandals go, Risa's was pretty tame. And it's not like she didn't suffer any consequences: she got a five-month suspension and kicked out of the group she was sub-leader of for being careless on social media. A solo gig in M-line is a big a step down from membership in an active H!P group, especially considering the route Risa took. She definitely had to leave TF, but I think her punishment was appropriate. Other than being careless, I doubt she's the first H!P idol to vent about her peers like that.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I mean Nacchi literally published plagiarized poems and only went on hiatus for some time so I guess Risa's case is not that weird. However I'm surprised that they went so far for her to actually release a physical album, even if it's only covers.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

She wanted to stay. Most girls would be like. Screw this. And leave. So I take it as, she must really love H!P but honestly didn’t think what she did would get out and when it did she honestly felt bad and did some actual reflection to the point UF forgave her enough. I imagine some deep bows and prostration was going on behind the scenes.

On the other foot is Oota who still hasn’t come back from her scandal but the age difference is a factor for sure with her. I’d be surprised if she did come back but wouldn’t be surprised if it was in M-Line or a new group or to help revive the Hokkaido KSS.but that’s for another thread.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oota's scandal was also actually scandalous. The fact that her contract hasn't been terminated is interesting, and suggests UF still has plans for her. Who knows what those plans could entail at this point; she's 18 now and they just created a new group without her. I know there's a dedicated faction of international fans who are keen to see her return, but I have no idea if a Japanese analog exists. I wouldn't be shocked if they created a permanent M-line group and stuck her in it, as they're building M-line up to be more than the H!P retirement community that it's been pretty much since it's inception.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I kind of believe they're just keeping Oota until her contract runs out. I cannot think of another reason.
Ranting about your coworkers is a dick move, but giving out interna is usually strictly forbidden in most contracts.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

DonJuan wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 10:48 am Ranting about your coworkers is a dick move, but giving out interna is usually strictly forbidden in most contracts.
That's what's odd about this, though. UF could likely terminate her contract legally for cause if they wanted to, but they haven't. That's the part that makes me think she might actually come back. I'm not sure how riding-out her contract benefits UF. If you have no plans to use her, just wash your hands of her and move on.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That is indeed pretty confusing. I can only imagine a few scenarios:

1. UF didn't want to fire her since she was under 18. The last times they did this was with Kobushi's Rio and Tagucchi (though I think Rio just hit 18 at that point). In general being fired just doesn't look great on anyone's resumee, so UF might have wanted to give her a chance for the future. But that would be really... drippy. Especially considering girls left for less.
2. Maybe the whole point of "not sharing interna" wasn't written out in the contract, so they just pulled Oota out of Anju because the girls didn't want to continue with her, but legally couldn't fire her. Would be silly from UF's side, but well.

Anyways, if anything I can only see her doing something Manaka did with the Hokkaido Kenshuusei. I doubt she'll have a proper re-debut.