ANGERME 9th Gen ~New Members~

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Solarblade
ANGERME

ANGERME 9th Gen ~New Members~

Post by Solarblade »

3 new members joined ANGERME

-Matsumoto Wakana

-Kawana Rin

-Tamenaga Shion
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: ANGERME 9th Gen ~New Members~

Post by DonJuan »

^

ImageImage

Matsumoto Wakana (松本わかな)
Member Colour: White
Date of birth: September 1, 2007 (13 years old, 1st year of junior high school)
[spoilerbox]

Place of birth: Kanagawa

Blood Type: unknown

Hobbies: cooking, walking

Favorite sport.

tennis

favorite motto

perseverance is the key to success[/spoilerbox]

ImageImage

Kawana Rin 川名凜
Member colour: Green
Date of birth: December 6, 2003 (16 years old, sophomore in high school)
[spoilerbox]

Place of birth: Chiba

Blood Type: B-type

Hobbies: listening to music, dancing, making stamps

Favorite Music Genre.

Classical, Rock, Western music

Favorite sport.

Soccer and ball games in general

favorite motto

Quick and Decisive[/spoilerbox]

ImageImage

Tamenaga Shion 為永幸音
Member colour: Light Pink
Date of birth: February 9, 2004 (16 years old, sophomore in high school)
[spoilerbox]Place of birth: Nagano, Japan

Blood Type: unknown

Hobbies: visiting power spots, drumming

He has been a member of the "Hello Pro Trainees" since December 2017.

Favorite Music Genre.

J-Pop

Favorite sport.

Dancing, long-distance running, soccer, and dodgeball.

favorite motto

A smile makes people happy.[/spoilerbox]

- - -

I didn't think of Shion, but I also don't really remember anything about her. She definitely seemed like the best talker of the lot, which was to be expected due to her being more comfortable with the members since she already knows them from her Kenshuusei time.
Rin seems shy/reserved but could turn into a cool beauty. Apparently she's the dancer of this generation.
Wakame sounded pretty good in her mock audition round. She's also really cute.
Last edited by DonJuan on Mon Nov 02, 2020 11:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anderei
つんく♂

Post by Anderei »

2007? That’s not cool.

They’re all cute but eh, I don’t know. The group I fell in love with is just so far gone. But 2nd gen sucked when they first joined and just based on looks I definitely like these three more than the last couple of gens so who knows.
Last edited by Anderei on Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
<p class="bbc_center">Image
WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

I JUST got to where I could remember all the Angerme members and now I’ve got 3 new names and faces to learn.
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I hope the two raw-n00bs can sing, because here's what I said about Shion after the last KSS test: "Not great singing, but looks like an idol."

I'm not surprised they added so many, what with how many have left the past couple of years, but I would really have preferred quality over quantity. It's obvious that we need to adjust our expectations down for Angerme -- probably even change the board member groups, which was a fun gag when Anju was awesome, but doesn't really make sense anymore.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

The two newbies sang, Kagiriaru Moment and let me tell you. Not the best song choice. But I know why they chose it. 

Wakana surprised the heck out of me but actually singing half way decent. She's also adorable. The little smile she did in the pause to the song. Heart melting! She reminds me a bit like Mei in personality jut without any formal training. So very unlike the other Rin who is basically a cardboard cut out idol with no real personality when she sings. (Watch her solo live, the girl looks petrified to be on stage.) And she's only 13! 

Rin, was very sub-par vocally. She's pretty though, so I guess she'll just use those looks of hers to pull herself into the spotlight. 

Shion, I totally forgot she was a kenshuusei for a hot minute. She is very idol-like so also a standard filler piece.

One general observation I noticed that's basically just my own opinion but whatever. I noticed between the ANGERME auditions and the Morning Musume auditions. Morning Musume seems to find suitable replacements that seem to have a little resemblance to former members. Either in looks, or vocally. So while adding the new members seems stressful to us as fans, over time they just seem to fill a void that needed filling and can handle the older songs and make them their own without it being too off-putting; most of the time anyway. 

Where as with ANGERME, it's like, "we like this girl just add her in and see what happens!" The songs just don't feel the same anymore and it just seems like a new group every time they add in new members. They are almost like a shell of their former self. I was listening to early ANGERME the other day and then new ANGERME and it's like, not the same power and depth. They really need a Meimi or a Kanon to help pull them together. No one has that power in their 
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
momoirosaya
つんく♂

Post by momoirosaya »

Wakane reminds of me the actress Yahagi Honoka (formerly Miki Honoka).

I’m most interested in her. She has good potential as a singer. I can see her growing a lot! I’ve love to see a unit with her and Homare.
Last edited by momoirosaya on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
rikako♡eripon♡airi
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Look wise, I was drawed to Rin, but woah Wakana suprised me.
I watched Shion's performance at the last test and I don't know why, but she reminded me of young Mizuki. I hope she can fill out that void, that'll be a good challenge.

But I have faith in Angerme, seing how unimpressed I was with Momona when she joined and how she blossomed in the last 2 years.
Last edited by AquaChan on Mon Nov 02, 2020 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Team Yellow love 
<p style="text-align:center;">♥ Rikako ♥ Yumeno ♥ Yokoyan ♥ Kamiko ♥ Kamei ♥ 
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Oh shit, that tiny Wakana girl can sing a little bit. Which is good, because the other two are not great. If one of them can become average, this might turn out to be a pretty good generation, as they're all cute as a bag of buttons. Wakana is the obvious gem, though, especially with her having just turned 13. She could find herself being an anchor for the group for a long time.
Last edited by JPope on Mon Nov 02, 2020 5:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TicTacAnyone
ANGERME

Post by TicTacAnyone »

I feel like the two Rin's sort of look alike... Wonder if they'll try to play on that. That'd be pretty cool.

Looking forward to Wakana :) Love how interesting her name is.
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

Didn't expect that kind of voice out of Wakana! Here's hoping she survives puberty :lol:
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

yuzuriha
つんく♂

Post by yuzuriha »

I like Rin the best let it be known.
Kaori • Risako 
 Sakura • Kananan •  Sayuki 

WonderBuono
ANGERME

Post by WonderBuono »

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="JPope" data-cid="221218" data-time="1604381985">Image</blockquote>

OH MY GOD ????
<p style="text-align:right;">MORNING MUSUMESUZUKI AIRIJUICE=JUICE ◆ TWICEBLACKPINK ITZYNIZIU
MejraThea
ANGERME

Post by MejraThea »

A+ JPope, as always!
al kusanagi
つんく♂

Post by al kusanagi »

Too soon.
PSN: Aurin13
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Sayumi R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They uploaded a video of the 9th gen singing a short version of Samui Ne.

I like these new intro style videos and I’m bummed 13th gen didn’t get in on this trend.

https://youtu.be/wjHPpoA2RCI
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

That's such a nice idea. We're currently getting more content with the CM, the Ballad concerts and Anju's Premier Seat but that didn't include the new members so far, so having them do a short, simple MV (fitting the time of the year!) is really cute.

That being said, I really like them. Wakana is definitely the vocalist of this generation. Kawa-Rin is really pretty and, as far as other people's comments go, a good dancer. Shion is probably the allrounder.
Excited for their first single, which we hopefully get in spring.
arcobaleno
ANGERME

Post by arcobaleno »

Does Wakana's voice remind anyone else a LOT of Dawa's? I like it but I keep thinking it's Dawa, lol...

This was a nice rendition, I enjoyed it a lot.  :heart:
Solarblade
ANGERME

Post by Solarblade »

So sad we can't get a digital single out of this because I kind of enjoyed the stripped down version of Samui ne. and the new trio sounds so pretty together...can't wait to see their debut!
Zoe
こぶしファクトリー

Post by Zoe »

This year's Pucchi Best should be all of the songs put out on YouTube.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

[quote="DonJuan"]
That being said, I really like them. Wakana is definitely the vocalist of this generation. Kawa-Rin is really pretty and, as far as other people's comments go, a good dancer. Shion is probably the allrounder.

[/quote]

Lol! This is almost verbatim what I was going to post.

[quote="arcobaleno"]
Does Wakana's voice remind anyone else a LOT of Dawa's? I like it but I keep thinking it's Dawa, lol...

[/quote]

Sure, if Dawa could sing.  :tongue:

This was surprising good. I suspect a fair bit of tuning went into to it, but beyond that they all sound good. Shion and Rin are probably better than I thought, which would be awesome. Rin, especially, has a nice timbre. 

[quote="Zoe"]
This year's Pucchi Best should be all of the songs put out on YouTube.
[/quote]

An idea so good that there's no way Up Front would do it. I'd totally order that, though.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

The new members did perform a few numbers during Funakki's grad concert.

- Gakkyuu Iinchou (with Layla and Kawamuu as backdancers)
- Samui ne (with Funakki at the end of her song-with-every-member-medley)
- 46 oku nen LOVE together with the rest of Anju

Kawa-Rin and Wakana are still a bit lost on stage, but I can't blame them - it's their very first time on the big stage and because of covid I doubt they could train that much together with the others. Shion is pretty decent, you can see her KSS-experience.
Neither Shion nor Kawa-Rin are great singers, but they have decent voices - if they turned Kassa and Rikako into more than decent performers then I have no doubt they can do the same for these two.
Kawa-Rin is incredibly pretty and Wakana is so. damn. tiny. The microphone looks so big in her hand lol

(And for the sake of not spamming the spam thread (lol) I'm gonna say it here: Hashi-Rin was much better today than she was in Solo Fes, The Ballad and the Anju Premier Seat. I don't know if she grew so much the last few weeks or if it depends on the day for her, but she's actually really cute. She didn't even sound horrible.)