Mayonaka ni Hello! - a new Hello! Project drama

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

DonJuan
ANGERME

Mayonaka ni Hello! - a new Hello! Project drama

Post by DonJuan »

"New", I write, as the 3rd episode has already aired. Oops.

The guesthouse "Sun Plaza Asanuma" is run by H!P fan Mariko (played by Kikuchi Momoko) and her daughter Misaki (Ohara Yuno).
Their establishment is not really popular, but it is said that in certain moments a "door opens" to guests who struggle with life... right into the dressing room of Hello! Project.

Official site
H!P news announcement
Twitter

Starts January 13th, 2022, every Thursday from 12:30 a.m. to 1:00 a.m. on TV Tokyo and repeat episode BS-Tele starting January 18th.
We're currently on episode 3, with the 4th episode airing on February 3rd.

A more casual rundown: Every episode features a new guest who has his/her own problems, the door to the dressing room opens and H!P members sing to encourage said guest.
The opening "Koi no Crouching Start" is sung by H!P's newest group, OCHA NORMA. The ending is a new recording of I WISH.

Here's a performance of Koi no Crouching Start:

Performances:
Spoiler: [+]
#1 Mikan, by Fukumura Mizuki, Oda Sakura, Haga Akane, Yokoyama Reina, Morito Chisaki, Okamura Homare
#2 Souda! We're ALIVE, by Kamikokuryo Moe, Ise Layla, Kawana Rin, Hirai Miyo, Kobayashi Honoka, Satoyoshi Utano
#3 Jealousy Jealousy by Ikuta Erina, Ishida Ayumi, Nonaka Miki, Makino Maria, Kaga Kaede, Kitagawa Rio, Yamazaki Mei
If anything I hope they release the songs! They've already recorded them so might as well!
JPope
ANGERME

Re: Mayonaka ni Hello! - a new Hello! Project drama

Post by JPope »

The show is cute. I can see young kids getting into H!P through it. What I don't understand is why the opening theme hasn't been released as a digital single. It's off-the-rack HP, but certainly good enough for a digital release, and it makes more sense than remaking Sakura Night Fever.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I've been keeping track of this series but haven't bothered to watch any of the episodes yet. Just focused on who was performing.

I'm curious if they are going to wait and release the OPing as part of OCHA NORMA's first official single. They already have their digital release of Ramen Daisuki up so putting digital stuff up isn't the problem.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Poor Eripon.

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Only the interlude? Her most iconic line is "ru"! :lol:

On Koi no Crouching Start, I'm pretty sure it will be part of their first single. Which is a bit of a shame, considering they haven't announced anything yet, so I don't expect anything before summer.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

You'd think the time to strike with that song is while the show is running, but I'm just a guy on the internet.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Nah, I'm 100% with you. But you can't shake H!P's release schedule!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

DonJuan wrote: Mon Jan 31, 2022 11:45 am If anything I hope they release the songs! They've already recorded them so might as well!
They will release the songs as part of a blu-ray box.

From Jplop:
Re: Hello! Pro's Station for YT, TV, radio shows, and magazines

Postby Amped » Tue Jun 07, 2022 9:33 am
Hello! Project's TV Drama "Mayonaka ni Hello!" will be released in a special Blu-ray Box set on August 31st.

The drama series "Mayonaka ni Hello!" that aired on TV Tokyo from January to March 2022 will be released on Blu-ray!

In addition to the 10 aired episodes, the 2 spin-off episodes distributed on dTV only will be included, and the bonus footage includes re-edited scenes of the Hello! Project members singing in each episode, with the members as the main focus!

And it comes with a soundtrack CD containing the music from the singing scenes!

It is also includes a 24-page booklet and sticker sheets (planned), and an acrylic figure stand of Mariko (Kikuchi Momoko), the mother who runs Guest House Sun Plaza Asanuma, Fukumura Mizuki & the "HELLO! Door", a key item in this work, in a special box resembling a "Door".

3 BDs + 1 CD + Sticker sheet, 24-page booklet, Acrylic figure stand, In special box case : 16,500 yen
http://www.helloproject.com/news/14667/
http://www.helloproject.com/release/detail/EPXE-5207/
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Any word on a second season? It seemed like they were setting that up with the end of the finale.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

There's going to be a special episode with thatone AKB girl... Kawashima? Sorry, don't know them. But otherwise I haven't heard anything.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

They had two spin-off episodes and honestly I knew about the Kawashima one but not the other one.

Japanese shows are weird because they have NO problem leaving cliffhangers and never resolving them. I watched SO many anime like that. I'm like, give me MORE but there is no more.

It's very tempting to buy the series JUST for the CD that comes with it.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.