Getting to Know Juice=Juice's Next Generation

In which we chat about Hello! Project. And TNX. And Nice Girl Project. Yup.

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Getting to Know Juice=Juice's Next Generation

Post by Shoujo Q »

Because I feel like they need a moment in the sun since the BBS was down while this whole audition was going on.
Rewatch the introduction of Juice=Juice's next generation along side Tsubaki Factory's next generation.

I'm sure when UF were planning this audition they didn't anticipate losing both Tomoko AND Sayuki. If you look at it that way, perhaps you might understand why they weren't going in super heavy on the auditions and focused more on Tsubaki with the results. (They literally STACKED Tsubaki.) And considering they are doing ANOTHER Juice=Juice audition attached to the Morning Musume audition it kind of makes sense in a round about way. (UF logic, it makes your head spin!)

Arisawa Ichika
(有澤一華) December 23, 2003

Fun Facts:
Arisawa took part in the ANGERME ONLY ONE Audition ~Watashi wo Tsukuru no wa Watashi~ and made it to the finals, but was not chosen to join the group.
Joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei alongside Ishiyama Sakura.
Won the Hashimoto director award at the Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2021 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ event for her performance of "SONGS".
Proficient at speaking and writing in English. She posts in both Japanese and English as well as can speak it somewhat fluently. (Miki can speak better, Arisawa can write better (If you're reading this Arisawa, you're doing an amazing job girl!))
From Osaka.
Plays the violin. (Watch her record the solo part of Future Smile.)
Enjoys making songs on her laptop.
Is clearly a H!P fan. (This is just my observation but it's adorable the way she interacts with other senior members. Same girl, Same!)

Irie Risa
(入江里咲) October 18, 2005

Fun Facts:
She has the same birthday as Tsubaki Factory member Fukuda Marine.
From Chiba.

Ebata Kisaki
(江端妃咲) January 30, 2007

Fun Facts:
Ebata participated in Morning Musume '19 LOVE Audition, but failed.
Joined Hello Pro Kenshuusei along with, Hiromoto Ruli, Hashida Honoka, Nishizaki Miku, Hirayama Yuki, Kitahara Momo, Yofu Runo, Murakoshi Ayana, and Uemura Hasumi.
Won a guest judge's award at the Hello! Project Kenshuusei Happyoukai 2021 ~Haru no Koukai Jitsuryoku Shindan Test~ event for her performance of "VERY BEAUTY".
Has an older sister and two younger brothers.
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: Getting to Know Juice=Juice's Next Generation

Post by JPope »

Ichika is wonderfully flighty and is basically a meme waiting to happen -- Kaichi Feeling is real. While her spoken English has a heavier accent than Miki's, I think her command of it is stronger overall. I was surprised when I learned that she did the violin solo on Future Smile, because it's really good. Great tone and feel. If only she could sing.

Irie and Ebata are better singers than Ichika, but still well below the mean for J=J, which kinda sucks considering how loaded TF's new class is. It seems like Ebata has a stronger voice and better ability to hit notes, while Irie has better rhythm and feel. Both of their weaknesses can be improved, though, and they're both fairly young. Ichika, otoh, is probably what she's gonna be for the most part.

I like all of them, just not for J=J. I think there was a concerted effort to raise the talent level of TF while bringing that of J=J closer to the H!P pack. They're still really talented, but the days of J=J being the Avengers are over.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: Getting to Know Juice=Juice's Next Generation

Post by DonJuan »

I like them all. I was a bit hesistant with Risa, since her first singing takes seemed really weak, especially compared to the Tsubaki girls and when we already knew Ichika wasn't the greatest singer and Kisaki being the "worse" singer out of the two great KSS ones. But now that she's become more comfortable she's definitely decent, but rather soft.

But despite none of them being tone deaf they're, in all cruelty, no match to what Juice has lost since Karin's graduation. It's good that Riai is stepping up, because Ruru can't take every big line.