[2022.05.11] ANGERME - Ai Mashou / Hade ni Yacchai na! / Aisubekibeki Human Life (30th)

Release info threads go here!

Moderators: testacles_4, Shoujo Q, momoirosaya

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

[2022.05.11] ANGERME - Ai Mashou / Hade ni Yacchai na! / Aisubekibeki Human Life (30th)

Post by Shoujo Q »

A new triple a-side single for Angerme.

Track list
1. Ai Mashou
2. Hade ni Yacchai na!
3. Aisubekibeki Human Life
4. Ai Mashou (Instrumental)
5. Hade ni Yacchai na! (Instrumental)
6. Aisubekibeki Human Life (Instrumental)

Limited Edition A, B, C with Blu-ray (Music Video, Dance, Making)

Limited Edition SP1 with CD (SHAKA SHAKA #2 LOVE Colorful Hen as Additional Track) and Blu-ray (Alternate Music Videos)
1. Ai Mashou (lyrics by Izutsu Himi, composed by Eric Fukusaki, arrangement by Ookubo Kaoru)
2. Hade ni Yacchai na! (lyrics and composition by Yamazaki Aoi, arranged by Tanaka Nao)
3. Aisubekibeki Human Life (lyrics and composition by Kohei Dojima, arrangement by Suzuki Shunsuke )
4. SHAKA SHAKA #2 LOVE Colorful Hen Additional Track
5. Ai Mashou (Instrumental)
6. Hade ni Yacchai na! (Instrumental)
7. Aisubekibeki Human Life (Instrumental)
8. SHAKA SHAKA #2 LOVE Colorful Hen (Instrumental) Additional Track

Limited Edition SP2 - Free Angle download card for "Ai Mashou"
Normal Edition A, B, C - Trading Card
This is a place where a signature goes. Enjoy some Airi instead.
JPope
ANGERME

Re: [2022.05.11] ANGERME - Ai Mashou / Hade ni Yacchai na! / Aisubekibeki Human Life (30th)

Post by JPope »

Fucking finally. This could be awesome.
Shoujo Q wrote: Sat Mar 19, 2022 3:42 am 1. Ai Mashou (lyrics by Izutsu Himi, composed by Eric Fukusaki, arrangement by Ookubo Kaoru)
This is the "Fiesta, Fiesta" songwriting team. :danceman:

It looks like H!P might be getting on board with the one-release-per-month plan that I've been pushing for a couple years now. New TF for June, and MM for August would get the cycle rolling!
DonJuan
ANGERME

Re: [2022.05.11] ANGERME - Ai Mashou / Hade ni Yacchai na! / Aisubekibeki Human Life (30th)

Post by DonJuan »

I'm just so glad that we finally get positive news lol.
I don't know where to put Anju atm. They've been in an experimental phase imo, but in a stylish and mature way? So a Fiesta Fiesta like sing is a bit surprising. If they have any power left from the time before the big grad rush came then this could be really good.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

The strength of Take, Rikako, Moe and Kawamu have provided Anju important stability through their two-year storm, and maintained the group's soul and identity. They've added a pretty talented group of juniors that seem to fit that identity, so even though the faces and voices have changed, the group's essence remains mostly the same. I also think Anju is as versatile a group as any in H!P. I mean, Rikako in Latin dress? How does that not work?
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ai Mashou preview

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

This could work. At the moment it sounds a bit messy, but certainly powerful.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Yeah, there's a lot going on. I could do without the dubstep "wub-wubs" and some of the other trademark MM sounds -- the entire production seems more suited for MM -- but the chord progression and melodies are hot fire. I'm really digging this.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Aisubekibeki Human Life rip.
It's a feel-good song. Sounds a bit like an anime opening to me. Something slice-of-life.
kira
ANGERME

Post by kira »

Ai Mashou premiered on H!S

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

Sounds like a Layla/Kawana Rin lead. Looks like Future Smile with a better budget.
I like it.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

I don't know if I'd go so far as to say it that this is worth the year-long wait, but this is awesome. I love the song, and the visual effects in the video all killer, even the kinda cheesy ones. That chorus is more infectious than a Chinese wet market. The one nit-pick I have is with how hard some of the vocals are tuned. Layla on the fourth bar of the B-melody is tuned especially hard, and yet not so hard as to be meaningfully called an "effect." I understand nudging the girls in tune where necessary -- and even yanking one or two of them hard in chorus parts where it can be hidden -- but I'd prefer slightly out of tune vocals that sound honest to those so obviously "corrected."

That's just a minor thing, though, because this is an effing heater.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Full video for Ai Mashou is up.

Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

When I first watched the music video I thought I saw something behind Wakana but I didn’t have a chance to go back and look. Then I saw a post about it and on the second watch I saw all the guys behind them spinning fire? I’m curious about that because I thought it was all CG. I hope it will be explored more in the make of segments.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Ha ha, yeah it's clearly a fire-spinner. People are having fun with it on Twitter (new Anju member revealed!) I like the video even if it isn't particularly original and some parts could've been better simply by using more interesting camera angles.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

The effects are a bit overdone but the song is good.
AquaChan
ANGERME

Post by AquaChan »

Preview of "Hade ni Yacchai na!" on yt:

Ok I really dig this release.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

I actually am liking Aisubekibeki Human Life.

The Angu Ne Ne line is fun.

Hade ni Yacchai na will need a bit more for me to sink in. The Instrumental is great so far, but I honestly don't even remember the live performance. It might be because I was half asleep watching it during Hina Fest? That happens.

Having watched SO many of the Ai Mashou live's at once (THANK's HINA FEST) has already worn out my love of the song. I'll need to give it a minute.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

^They certainly made obvious which one would be the A-Side :ph34r:

Hade ni Yacchai na! has some nice instrumentals but is a bit too calm to stick out of the single - it's still an interesting song, though.
I think my banger will be Aisubekibeki tho, it's right up my alley.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

PV for Hade ni Yacchai na! is out.

It's got a bit of a Morning Musume feel to it. I like it better than Ai Mashou.

They saving Human Life for last, and I'm sure it'll be my favorite of the bunch. Unless the MV totally sucks ass. :ph34r:

Also, covers are out.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Third single in a row (over three years, eesh!) for Anju with a strict funk track, and after a few listens I like it more than "Hakkiri Shiyou ze" but not as much as "Mirror Mirror." There's definitely room to grow here, but I really like "Mirror Mirror" and I don't see this ever surpassing it for me. As on "Ai Mashou," the auto-tune is pretty strong across the board on this, and and it's a tad annoying. Shoujo's MM reference is solid. I felt the same about elements of Ai Mashou, and those covers look like MM, too.

Here they are in their full glory:
Spoiler: [+]
Reg A

Reg B

Reg C

Lim A

Lim B

Lim C

SP1

SP2
I like Lim B and SP1 the most out of the bunch, and only the group-name text elements feel rushed and amateurish. None of the others are ROFLCOPTER bad, but they all feel like 2nd or 3rd drafts where four or five were needed.

The video is basic H!P, but the staging with the bright lights in the background is pretty cool when the foreground lights are dimmed, and the bits with the colorful outfits are good, probably because those outfits are really great. Lots of Bad Bitch energy in the dance shots, which works well for everyone in Anju, save for the obvious exception, lol.
DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

I actually like the song, it's nice. But definitely doesn't stick out as much as the other two.
The video kind of cements Anju as the "stylish" group (Moe and Rikako definitely help).

Sometimes I think Rikako is a bit... too extra. She sticks out too much. But can I blame her for being a model pro and the others being awkward and cute? lol
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Aisubekibeki Human Life PV

DonJuan
ANGERME

Post by DonJuan »

It's cute, I like it.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

My favorite song of the three. I wish it had a bit more going on, but overall it's not bad.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

Cute vid and song, and it might end up being my favorite of the three, as well.
JPope
ANGERME

Post by JPope »

According to the wiki, Oricon is reporting 52K for the week, and Billboard is reporting 84K. Been a while since we've seen a disparity that big.
Shoujo Q
つんく♂

Post by Shoujo Q »

Oricon has a weird jerrymandering way of counting, where as Billboard counts, I don't know what.

Either way, ANGERME got their #1 and that's all that matters. They also had one hell of a good release week.